It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix Lights confirmed not flares

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I just watched a newly released documentry on the Phoneix Lights on Nationa Geographic.

Saturday, February 12th, 201111:00am to 12:00pm

In Phoenix in 1997, hundreds reported seeing a V-shaped spacecraft in the sky. But what was it? A group of experts solve the decade-long mystery of the Phoenix Lights.

Now im no technical genius here, but at the end of the documentary we had the opinion of a Technical Engineer, he ran over 4000 frames of the video, from this footage.

He ran each frame through a "Light Fluctuation program" which detects light flicker, changes in brightness.

He spent over 2 years collating data on exisiting Military flares, he ran these through the program, and each time the program ran the data it would produce a wobbly line of data (showing the changes in light color, brightness, shakiness etc).

Now when he ran the data of the Phoenix lights, after going through 4000 frames individually, the data which came out was astonishing.

It came out as a dead straight line, there where no color changes, no brightness changes, they were completely static, unlike the data he had already got of military flares.

He came to the conclusion that they were NOT flares.

His final words where, he doesn't know what they are, but he knows what they aern't.

This is the teaser to the show.

natgeotv.com...

Im not sure if it will reair soon, i hope it will so the more scientific members could have a watch.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Mystery 360: UFO Invasion
In 1997 a V-shaped object appeared at night over Phoenix, USA. Today, a team of experts will solve the decade-old mystery of the Phoenix Lights.

Next Showing:
Reminder IconFriday 25 February at 11:00AM - National Geographic Channel

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I'm usually an expert in finding documentaries and movies online, but this one I can only find in German :-(

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

OMG Found it, but your right its in German!!! It must of aired there first?

Anyway you can see what i mean, it shows the data, with the blue line being the phoneix lights, and the red line being military flares.

Need a translator here
edit on 12-2-2011 by Haydn_17 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2011 by Haydn_17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Found another one:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I will still say what was filmed was flares from the 175th out of Maryland. I know this because I personally know one of the pilots of the A10s. Now that said I still think a major event happened that day prior to the flare drop and seen at dusk by hundreds. Some of the witnesses never saw lights they saw a large chevron shaped craft with a black/charcoal gray surface. Watch the documentary "I know what I saw" or read the section of Leslie Kean's Book UFOs. The media ran with the video because that what the media does. They would have never ran the story if there was nothing to show on video so they used what ever they could get their hands on. The truth of the matter is the actual sighting was far more dramatic and interesting then what the media fabricated and the mis-identification or false association of the flare lights. Was it planned as a distraction by the military? Possibly but I believe when the pilots of the A10s were ordered to land early they had to dump the targeting flares before they landed. Typically they plan to utilize all counter measures on training missions before they land but this time a few of the planes still had some left. The truth behind the sightings are the witnesses that were under the craft. People have been distracted by the video and not on the facts which are far more interesting then what the media has shoved down our throats. By the looks of it the public has been successfully distracted from the truth.

Trust me distractions are part of the job with MUFON. We seem to be target numero uno these days but still marching forward.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

But as long as they don't say it was a huge Mother Ship from an unknown origin, they're safe. Confirming they weren't flares is like confirming JFK wasn't shot by a lone gunman.

We know they weren't flares. Flares don't travel down a valley for 3 hours (being seen by hundreds. Some doctors and lawyers) then..... either said-craft or a related craft, pops up and makes an appearance over a large city later that evening.

Whoever spins out the news whether the PTB, or the Elite or the government themselves simply can't get away with what they did in the past.

We're wiser and/or they're dumber. We know what things are NOT. And as long as we're still uncertain about what things ARE, they still have wiggle room to try to manipulate and make up some people's mind for them.

Not my mind and not many people's minds here either. But, try as they do though!

The Phoenix Lights sighting was one of two things. A Psych Operation to test our reactions or a genuine off-world visitor(s).

edit on 12-2-2011 by Human_Alien because: grammar

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MorganFloridaMUFON

How so?

Why didn't the airtraffic control pick the drop plane on Radar?

As i said before, this man has a huge database of all known flares, and these did not match any flares he had, they did not flicker, they did not move, they did not change brightness, the data remained the same, hence the straight blue line he got, unlike military flares which produced the red wobbly line.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MorganFloridaMUFON

No squadron ever admitted to it nor was there any report confirming it (even if they did).
And if this was a clandestine operation, who would drop flares over a major city, at night?

Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico etc are comprised of a multitude of deserts. Why not practice in a safe and secluded area? Why drop flares that might result in a house fire?

And you're with MUFON?
There's a certain point where one needs to maintain objectivity and bias but then there's another extreme point where the official word (which, there wasn't) simply doesn't fly

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Because, you (and many, many others) are confusing the so-called "Phoenix Lights" (the ones that were filmed, and aired on the various TV news channels over and over again) with the sightings (NO PHOTOS) of what you just mentioned, over an entirely DIFFERENT part of the Valley, and yes, over residential areas.

Pay close attention: The "Phoenix Lights", as mentioned and displayed on TV and YouTube (now) were NOT....I repeat, NOT over the city.

They were well west, and south....from point-of-view of the City of Phoenix, they were well beyond South Mountain. Sorry, but I lived in Phoenix at the time, am familiar with the geography and layout of the city. Ask other ATS members who live there, now. Some are in Tempe/Mesa/Gilbert, I've seen some post who live in the west Valley....heck even SO retired out there! (Probably close to my old house in Scottsdale, at 50th Street and Bell Road (??).

@OP...your videos have malformed codes, not coming up....but, based on the conversation, I recall seen (years ago) documentary about a so-called "expert" who analyzed the video light signatures from the "lights"....if this is same guy, I think he's been shown to be in error in his evaluations....because there are various designs of airborne flare types, and spectral signatures.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

So what?

It all happened the SAME evening.

Why are you so sure about everything, all the time, when the majority of CRITICAL thinkers, aren't?
You always come across as if you and you alone, hold all the secrets to all the mysteries!

The Phoenix Lights (Yes, the ONE that was captured OVER the city) and the sightings earlier that evening, have absolutely NO explanation. And just because you have an opinion (which is healthy and fine) do NOT spin that into facts... as you always always do. You give yourself way too much self-importance there WW!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Because, you (and many, many others) are confusing the so-called "Phoenix Lights" (the ones that were filmed, and aired on the various TV news channels over and over again) with the sightings (NO PHOTOS) of what you just mentioned, over an entirely DIFFERENT part of the Valley, and yes, over residential areas.

Stop lying and/or spreading disinformation.

There WERE photos of the sighting earlier that evening. Just because it doesn't fit into your paradigm doesn't mean you get to pick and choose the facts!
And besides, since when is witness testimony not good enough?

A sighting or sightings happened for HOURS that evening.

I intereviewed (via email) Tim Ley in 1998.

WW, do us a favor, stick to spreading your bull about chemtrails and leave the UFO industry to experts, okay?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

This is absolutely one of my favorite UFO cases. There is a lot of confusion because there was two things. There was those lights then there was a huge UFO that flew low over the valley following the interstate and right over the city.

Thousands saw it even the governor??? mayor??? who made fun of it at the time later admitted he saw it!

I absolutely believe this happened What it was is the only question in my mind. It may well have been a test to see how people would react to seeing one a covert plane that we have.

Here was a good History channel show on this until the Nat Geo one gets up on Youtube:

Somes say you saw I B2 bomber. My response was we could land all 40 of our b2 bombers on the wing of that craft.

I don't know if it was as big as an aircraft carrier. It might have been. Because I've never seen an aircraft carrier fly.

I think this is exactly what it is. A nuclear or other exotic fueled flying aircraft carrier. Ours or someone else's....

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I've spent many years investigating the "Phoenix Lights" and have emailed many witnesses namely, Tim Ley.

It has been explained by many, that the one craft that shimmied down the valley that evening, had a translucent, wavy, almost breathing, energy source on the bottom of this Chevron shaped object.

You just can't make that stuff up and is very reminiscent of other descriptions from OTHER UFO sightings....in the past.... that haven't been made public.
Now whether this was the SAME craft that was seen over Phoenix later that evening, is still, to this day unknown.

No one that night was looking to start a rumor about a UFO.
Hoaxes weren't a big past time like they are now.

There was a LOT going on that year.
We had Hale Bopp, Roswell 50th anniversary ,Washington DC 25th UFO anniversary and Heaven's Gate clan 'death'etc.

We're 14 years post-Phoenix Lights and it remains one of the most unresolved, unknown mass UFO sightings to date!
So for the WeedWackers of the world who think they can post an opinion as a fact, is almost humorous.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Agreed

It seems to be one of two things (in the opinions of thousands): A test or an unknown craft(s).

If it was military then they obviously have technology way beyond what we can comprehend or even imagine. I am referring to the chevron shaped object that was described as having a 'living' energy source that appeared to be guiding it down the valley.
It's been thought this might've been exhibiting some sort of anti-gravity propulsion field.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

We are talking about the 1997 case,I believe.

I guess these pilots,ex military,etc are delusional.They CANT be trusted.

Phoenix city councilwoman Frances Barwood was the only elected official to launch a public investigation in 1997, but she received no information from any level of government. Barwood spoke with over seven hundred witnesses, including police, pilots and former military, who provided very similar descriptions. "The government never interviewed even one witness," she says.
Link

A suggestion for any pilot who claims "pilot"authority,or supremacy,because they ARE a pilot.... A site where fellow pilots,HAVE seen structured craft,that cannot be explained.Good luck debunking........

Veteran Japan Airlines 747 Captain Kenju Terauchi reported a spectacular, prolonged encounter over Alaska in 1986. "Most unexpectedly two space ships stopped in front of our face, shooting off lights," he said. "The inside cockpit shined brightly and I felt warm in the face." Despite the FAA determination that he and his crew were stable, competent and professional, he was grounded for speaking out.

Another nutcase,seeing flares at 30000 feet.

Pilots and UFO's

edit on 12-2-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Yes, but within the 1997 'case' there were multitude sightings in Arizona that evening. It started around 8PM up around Flagstaff and ended around 10PM down in Phoenix.

The governor himself started an investigation after his 'levity' on the situation, failed miserably. (He had someone dress up as an alien when conducting a live televised meeting over the matter).

This is a HUGE unknown case.
There were NO flare practices reported/scheduled that evening however, months LATER, they (military) finally found proof of out-of-town military practice of flare dropping that evening.

I would LOVE to get caught doing something and have a quarter of a year to come up with an explanation. Now THAT'S Amerika!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I hear you brother. Thats why im NOT inclined to debunk something with opinion only,since so many people saw it. For those who are inclined to debunk it,with opinion,is where I see a problem.It wasnt just the lights...Its the craft that went along with it,that some had seen. Star and Flag for the OP,and Star for you,for getting me to investigate this again.
edit on 12-2-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Well-worded, with sensible theories... The more I read of your posts, the more I respect you as a member of ATS!

I give you that ego-massage for free; the next one will cost you.
Get 'em hooked and reel 'em in...

Aaanyway - to the OP - excellent find and thanks for sharing. To the MUFON member who posted above; what in the hell? Why are you so adamant they were flares when the expert ran two years worth of research and data analysis, coming to the conclusion they were NOT flares..?? Is that a rational way to respond to these newly released findings?

M'eh. I wasn't there, so all I have to go on is witness testimony, footage and data analysis. Seems like Human Alien's conclusions are about right; a staged psy-op, or genuine visitors demonstrating superiority by making a show of strength and fearlessness...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Your post represents a little something I like to call a 'debunker smackdown'. Nice moves!

I've decided never to fly again - seems there's lots of severely unbalanced, psychotic or delusional pilots...

Countdown to Weedwhacker in 5, 4, 3, 2....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join