It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marlboro cigarettes contains poison?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
dont they sell rolling tobbaco pouches in the us, here in the uk you can buy them at every shop that sells ciggarettes and they all sell papers and filters.

Yes they do sell them here as well.

As posted above they are typically far safer than fully processed pre-rolled tobacco.

There are many different brands which are different blends, etc.

However, nothing in life is "truly safe".

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
OMG! Smoking is bad for your health? Really?

Thanks for the epiphany, Captain Obvious. Lives have been saved here today.

/ 3 packs a day, my lung feels great. you live, you die.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaifan

now if you would see this warning on you cigarettes, would you still smoke them?

To be perfectly honest , yes I would probably still smoke them . As I said , I've smoked for over 40 years , and I've seen most of the warnings that have been placed on the pack , although I do occassionaly see where they have placed a new , different warning on the pack . So , I doubt that I would just up and quit , simply because I happen to notice they have applied a new warning to the pack .

I'm not encouraging anyone to smoke by saying this , but at my last full-physical , my doc told me that I had the lungs of a teenager , although I have smoked as long as I have .

I never get sick , I don't have smoker's cough , I don't hack , no blood-pressure problems , no heart problems , nothing . I still walk , run , and hike through the woods with no problems . My dad smoked for over 60 years and lived to the ripe old age of 89 , dying in a traffic accident . I always worked circles around everyone else , and can still outwork those who are a third my age . I have seen scores of friends die from various causes , who never smoked . I can still bench-press more weight than my son , who is less than half my age . The only health-related issues I have is the occassional acid-reflux , mild headaches every-so-often and poor eyesight . I have been to the hospital three times in my life , when I had the measles when I was 5-years old , when I suffered a concussion from a car-wreck , and when I had my gallbladder taken out due to stones .Don't ask me to explain it , I just don't show the signs or symptoms of a smoker . Maybe it has something to do with genetics or something , I don't know . Then again , it might have something to do with my love for greenleafy .

So no , I probably wouldn't quit just because of some new warning .

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
difference between natural and commercial smokes is like the difference between coke and crack. the chemicals are added soley for one reason....addiction, though I think the technical term is freebased. and as a person who has tried to quit and even tried to go with the natural stuff, I always come back to my sweet sweet marlboros!! special blends are now $1 off!!!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
reply to post by Kaifan

Yes, Infact i dont think any part of the ciggarette doesnt contain poison, But i still love em anyway!....Poisonous cancer givers for all

I must agree. Ciggarettes are deadly, but oh so lovely. I would happily smoke more than a pack a day. Unfortunately, if I did I might get "death by wife" much faster than cancer.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Yeah it kills, but whats the reason for the other chemicals. In New York as well, they add certain chemicals claiming it would prevent fires in apartments.Lots of things we do kill us, you can't single out smokes. they shouldn't be putting extra chemicals in them though. I smoke, but only certain brands...and yes i know its killing me.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The warning on your pack of cigarettes in Mexico is different than mine from the midwest USA. The pack I'm looking at now says Surgeon General Warning: Cigarette Smoke Contains Carbon Monoxide. That's it. It's usually some variation of that or Smoking by Pregnant Women can cause low birth weight stuff. They never actually tell us on the packaging that it has rat poison in it.....

Although with that being said, and as a smoker, I know the poisons in it. It was rammed down my throat since 3rd grade that smoking is bad for you. I went through a phase in my late teens when I picked up the habit, because I was going to live forever, and nothing could hurt ME! One of the dumbest things I ever started doing.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Roll your own,look for "Natural 100% Tobacco".

External Link
Death Cigarettes

Thought I remembered seeing these a while ago....
edit on 11-2-2011 by Ericthedoubter because: Blast!Just as I thought I was becoming clevererererer!Forgot to write something under me link!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
My question is why so much poison, I used to smoke 20 a day have quit again recently but it is the most addictive drug on the planet, you would not get a Junkie having 10 pints and saying "I fancy a Jag" where as every time I have quit I always go back regardless of the time past. Surely they could make healthier cigs that would keep their consumers fitter and smoking longer, is this crazy talk

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Better to grown your own smokes, more natural. Tobbaco is a natural insecticide good for gardens. again its all the industrial crap they put into them, less harmful than the BIO-warfare flu shot. Ignorance is not bliss.
most people are conditioned to believe whats told too them do your own research.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
thats why i dont use ciggarets i use cannabis,a much healthier alterantive

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomLuva

Freedom is right. I am looking at a pack of Marlboro Light with the same saying. 'Cigarette smoke contains carbon monoxide'. I would be interested to learn how to make the 'natural tobacco' cigarettes

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
"Fags" KILL, both kinds...

P/S..If your to young to know what fags are, they are what peeps in the 50's and 60's called cigs....and if you are young, I know you know what the other kind of FAG is....lol....

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
uhm.. all cigarettes contain poisons, unless you buy additive free cigarettes.

For a list of the almost 600 known additives go to...

quitsmoking.about.com...

Though, I am a smoker myself.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Ok, I apologize in advanced, I understand your point, but I just have to type this.

WHAT CIGARETTE DOESN'T CONTAIN POISON???

It contains thousands of toxins. Nicotine alone is considered one of the most lethal poisons. It's 2-3 times more lethal than cyanide.

Why it still legal is the most baffling mysteries in human history.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I just looked at a pack of marlboros and the only warning on it says " SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Cigarette Smoke Contains Carbon Monoxide" However this pack also says FSC above the bar code and I believe that means Fire Safe Cigarette so I expect there are A LOT of extra chemicals added to comply with that. Wish they sold cigarettes with just tobacco and paper in them!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
cigarettes kill people.. this surprises you?

So tell me...did you get great satisfaction as you kept hitting refresh on your browser only to see how many stars you would collect...apparently from other mindless posters for your clever and well thought out (not to mention executed...bravo bravo!) post? Dude WTF?!? What a way to just belittle a fellow ATS'ers to be made to what? You tell us man...what was the real intent of your CLEVER little post (that you should have received ZERO stars for and on second thought should have hit the backspace before hitting post reply), so what did YOU hope to achieve from your brilliant post?

Its a trip....I have heard like ALL WEEK from people on here saying "Man ATS sure has gone down hill" or "This is the kind of crap why I don't come here much anymore" to one user saying that he was done, quitting, bye bye and made a big dramatic post about his "departure" ONLY to then make up a new screen name so that he could THEN TROLL the thread in which he had so much heartache with in the first place that "made him quit", ONLY to then see him back to posting under his "old screen name" from like 30 minutes before!!

And whattya know...I won't name names but I recognize a couple of those very same posters that complained how "bad" ATS had gotten that are now in here with BRILLIANT posts such as the one that I quoted above! Now this leads me to my next question....with ATS apparently "going downhill" the way it is....how do you think YOUR POSTS are possibly...I dunno MAYBE CONTRIBUTING to that very same belief?!!?

The HYPOCRISY is...is....BLINDING! (for a total lack of a better word)

LIKE THIS DUDE (the OP) DOESN'T KNOW THAT MANY ASPECTS OF SMOKING KILLS!! How about concentrating more on being USEFUL by supporting fellow ATS'ers here in search for the truth AND/OR here aiding others in search of the truth, and less of being a total A$$HAT...what say you?

To the OP. Really? Wow and to think that I smoked Marlboro's for...geez man almost half my life (and I am almost 40)! To ACTUALLY have something even remotely related, or IS Thallium?!? I mean...dude who in the hell would have ever expected something so blatant as that ya know?!?

Well FWIW I am now, and have been for awhile now smoking "E-Cigs" or Electronic Cigarettes where you ONLY get nicotine (granted there are some studies taking place that might suggest that there may be OTHER "harmful" effects to "smoking" which we refer to as Vaping) and let me be the one to tell ya....I never felt better since kicking traditional smokes! For those of you thinking about switching, or might now be interested, I HIGHLY recommend you look into it. AND I can "SMOKE" (Vape') AT MY DESK AT WORK!!
Since you exhale essentially vapor/mist NOT smoke, and it has NO SMELL. The best thing ever IMO

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I'm a smoker (cough). Darwin is probably right on this count. If you wait long enough, everything will eventually be non-smoking.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DogsDogsDogs

Some people still receive the evil thallium tests for EKG test when the patient cannot run the normal treadmill test.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

"Dude" , you should chill out , and maybe go outside and smoke a REAL cigarette or something .
You are torqued way too tight , you're subject to die from stress , instead of cancer or something .

You should throw those fake cigs away and get back on the real shlitz , before you give yourself a coronary .

edit on 11-2-2011 by okbmd because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join