It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marlboro cigarettes contains poison?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by aliensporebomb

Talio is Spanish for Thallium.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Im not sure exactly, but I think its the way that people smoke cigarettes that separates those that are on their way to cancer and those that are not. Its hard to explain, if you just smoke for the enjoyment, then you are on the good side, however, some people smoke for the addiction, like they "depend" on cigarettes, and its those people that I see losing thier vitality from smoking, whereas when I usually smoke I feel energised. I usually only smoke about a pack a week, and recently bought a pack of Marlboro Golds, I notice that each brand has a different kind of "energy" so so speak, Marlboro seems to be dangerous if smoked incorrectly.

Basically, you have to smoke in the same way that you would breathe in regular air, full breaths with oxygen. I notice that the more addicted people smoke in concentrated puffs, and do not take deep breaths.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by kroms33

There are similar messages on cigarette packs here in Spain. And Talio is Thalium, yes.

Of course no cigarette will do you any harm SO LONG AS YOU DON`T SET FIRE TO IT 8-))

Electronic or e-cigarettes are the way ahead but, as you say, Governments are trying to stop them. Why is that? I even had them for sale on eBay and they took down my adverts AND didn`t give me back my listing fees either.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaifan

in cigarettes exists over 4500 VERY TOXIC SUBSTANCES!
One more DEADLY , almost does not matter...
And I have lots of relatives smoking...
W T F CAN SOMEONE DO ABOUT IT?!
They are addictive...
THEY MESS WITH SOMEONES BRAIN...
Don't even touch a cigarette , they are like ANY DRUG !

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by exroyalnavy

There are similar messages on cigarette packs here in Spain. And Talio is Thalium, yes.

Of course no cigarette will do you any harm SO LONG AS YOU DON`T SET FIRE TO IT 8-))

Electronic or e-cigarettes are the way ahead but, as you say, Governments are trying to stop them. Why is that? I even had them for sale on eBay and they took down my adverts AND didn`t give me back my listing fees either.

Cigarettes are poison - it is such an addictive poison that I have struggled worse than any heavy drug user out there to quit this horrible substance. I have tried everything - patches, prescription mood altering drugs to curb addiction, nicotine gum, even tried to quit cold turkey numerous times.
A guy I work with quit a bunch of addictive substances - including cigarettes. His comments were that cigarette addiction was the hardest to quit out of all of the drugs he was on.
I am still addicted to nicotine - but I use the electronic cigarette.

Why are TPTB trying to ban the e-cig? Because big tobacco will suffer massive monitary loss. If everyone switched to the healthier alternative of inhaling 'vapor' instead of deadly pollutants wouldn't that in affect hurt the health care industry also? The numbers of people with COPD (Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) and cancers would drop significantly, putting a significant dent in their income.

COPD
According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC), there were 124,816 deaths in the US in 2002
It is the only major disease with an increasing death rate, rising 16%
It is estimated that the total cost of managing COPD in 1998, physicians, medications, hospital and nursing care, etc., exceeded 15 billion dollars in the United States.

Lung Cancer
More people in the United States die from lung cancer than any other type of cancer. This is true for both men and women.
In 2007 (the most recent year numbers are available)—
•203,536 people in the United States were diagnosed with lung cancer, including 109,643 men and 93,893 women.*†
•158,683 people in the United States died from lung cancer, including 88,329 men and 70,354 women

Talk about profits.... just goes to show, the elite want people sick and addicted to cigarettes. There is NO logical reason to make e-cigs illegal or ban them - unless they are taking away from the profit of the elite.

So of course cigarettes are not going to be highly regulated, and the poisons within them are going to be ignored. I wouldn't doubt that tobacco companies are actually adding poisons on purpose - including that of Thalium.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Oh and BTW does anybody remember these "Death" cigarettes? They weren't too bad if memory serves.

edit on 12-2-2011 by BruceWayne because: (no reason given)

Yes mate, I remember those!

Reading the history of them saddens me, I didn't realise at the time that they were pioneering cleaner smoking.

Thanks for the link

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I know man, I often wonder about these things...

It's not too late to move forward though

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by leaualorin

Wow...maybe you could use a cigarette? Let me roll you one from my bag of natural tobacco....
edit on 2/15/2011 by MadDogtheHunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

Thanks, but NO THANKS!
You can have it all!
I like to chew a plant's fruits called catina alba !
IT'S A LOT GOOD THAN TOBACO BELIEVE ME!
hippophae rhamnoides or SEA BUCKTHORN for you

enjoy :
www.itmonline.org...

p.s. : please notice the AMOUNT of vitamines in it; this plant should be good for you intoxicated americans...
and give the finger to phamaceutical companies too!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by goochball

Hello,

What I've discovered in my research may shock you, but please read this as it may save countless lives.

In US Patent 7,640,936 filed September of 2005, Phillip Morris scientists explain in depth, the introduction of metal oxide nano-particulates to their products. The same type US patent was recently granted to RJ Reynolds in 2010 (#20100122708)
The nanoparticles are incorporated into tobacco filler material cigarette paper and/or filter material, according to Muslim inventors Sharyar Rabiei, Firooz Rasouli and Mohammed Hajaligol. The metal oxide particulates consist of a combination of copper oxide, cerium oxide, titanium oxide, iron oxide and Yttrium, a radioactive rare-earth element... less than one micron in diameter, meaning they easily pass through the filter and are inhaled. This combination can then be applied to the cigarette paper or filler using an adhesive such as VINYL ACETATE, forming bands along the length of the cigarette. This toxic metallic mix, supposedly cuts down on carbon monoxide emissions from cigarette smoke, but in my opinion, there's a far more sinister agenda. Smokers are now inhaling a mixture of toxic metallic nano-particulates which explains the metallic taste and sicknesses expressed by so many smokers to date. Nanoparticulates are more deeply ingested on a cellular level, meaning once they're in the cell, they cannot be removed by conventional detoxifying methods and the above mentioned are known to break cells DNA strands and cause mutations. The result will be a myriad of new, aggressive forms of cancer which do not respond at all to conventional chemotherapy "treatment". This, in combination with IMF/Soetoro proposed budget cuts to water treatment facilities and newly relaxed EPA standards on agricultural toxic waste disposal and the numerous "profit poisons" in our food will lead to a rapid decline in human population and health. The "official" FSC website conveniently refuses to mention these toxic metallic nanoparticulates. The question is...why are these now being added under the disguise of FDA tobacco regulation via "The Tobacco Safety Act of 2009?

The signing of the new Tobacco Safety Act of 2009 by the IMF- CEO Barry Soetoro gives most Tobacco Corporations and their affiliated "parent" companys complete immunity from any resulting public sickness or illness as a result of any "modifications" to their product. Also, they are not required by law to notify the public of any related illness nor is any research required by the "government" pertaining to any illness claims by the public ( under Sec. 909 Records and Reports, articles (A) 3-6) and Sec 911 "Modified Risk Tobacco Products") More than 15,000 smokers worldwide have signed a petition since the implementation of world-wide FSC or "Fire Safety Compliance" laws claiming a strong metallic taste, headaches, sores in their mouth, nausea and diarrhea. It has of course, fallen on deaf ears and has been completely ignored by our World Bank and IMF "government" and of course, corporations within the Tobacco Industry. But this...is just the tip of the iceburg.

Truthseeker104

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
One could say that all cigarettes contain poisons - that nicotene and tar are poisons.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
cigarettes kill people.. this surprises you?

aaaaaactually...
cigarettes don't kill people... people who smoke cigarettes kill people.

oh also - the fluoride in your water supply is also the main ingredient in rat poison...

drink up!!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
With an eternal soul, it doesn't really matter what crap you ingest into yourself
I feel like I spit up everything that's bad and keep in everything that's good, not just in relation to cigarettes obviously. The same chemicals are probably floating around in the air anyways...But this just confirms how evil corporations are.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
holy smokes and i thougth they contained the vitamines from a to k ,

seriously ,

cigarettes and naturaly grown tobacco with out additives is like comparing carrots and oranges ,

cigarettes have been designed to give you a quick fix hence the 4000+ added chemicals,

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
don't bury me, i'm not dead yet!

doin almost 3 pks a day for 45yrs.

cost me a friggin fortune now.

if i stop i will die.

not from cigs but from all the other BS ya'll are breathing.

way stupid and you believe what they say.

that's ok, i don't get sick. green tea, ibuprofen and beer.

i might explode, lol, cool!

i am covered by insurance!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
it seems i'm only of the few oneshere that's going to give OP an answer to what s/he's asking

In Chile, there's, at the front of the package (all of them haves the same "disclaimer", every brand) there's a pic of a naked guy with a big hand with it's thumb down covering his "noble parts", saying: Tobacco reduces your physical and sexual performance. In the back, it says: Tobacco can make you IMPOTENT. For you and your (sexual) partner, STOP SMOKING.
By the side of the package:

The smoke in every cigarrette you smoke contains, among other toxical products:
Tar, product that causes you cancer
Nicotin, product that makes you addict
Carbon monoxide, toxic gas, the same that comes from exhaust pipes on cars
Arsenic, chemical used as rat poison

In the other side of the box, there's the ammount of tar, nicotine and carbon monoxide each cig contains (my brand haves 7mg, 0,5mg and 9mg of each, in order)

Tobacco commercials are also banned here.

(i hope this helps, i needed to go to my purse to reach my cigs to provide this info
)

And not so OT because it's what's discussed on this thread now, everything can cause you cancer nowadays, even tap water... i love my cancer sticks. My mom has been smoking since she was 11 y.o. and her lungs are in perfect shape right now (she's 49) Mine are perfect too but i don't know if that counts, because i started smoking just 2 years ago. My granddad died last year of lung cancer, but he smoked 3 packs a day. I just smoke half a package when I'm stressed and 4 or 5 cigs daily when I'm not.
edit on 13-8-2011 by Caggy because: spelling, still it looks odd

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Yes, smoking kills.

But living is also a terminal disease.

And one thing I have to say about smoking - smokers may be stupid (they are - and that includes me) but smoking doesn't cause people to go off their heads and go on a murdering rampage, unlike P and other drugs.

Also, smoking doesn't cause people to become paranoid (as marijuana does in some cases).

I guess we all have our own poison.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
if you live in a city or near a road with heavy traffic or even better go mow the lawn with a motorized lawn mower, ,
here´s a kicker
open your window and/or take a deep breath
congrats youve now filled your lungs with more poison then a pack of smokes contains

go ask a pathologist if they can determin if a person has smoked or not ,
for all i know all they can say is if the person has lived in a city or rural area just by looking at their lungs

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
How could you not know there are over 400 chemicals in each cigarette. 400! In each one. Much of them poisonous. And the cigarette paper when burnt turns to charcol...and you put that into the soft, pink insides of your lungs.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Tobacco naturally is far safer than the industrially processed versions. In industrial processes, tons upon tons of additives are put into the product to increase it's desirability. From making it a smoother smoke, to improving tastes, to increasing your addiction to it.

These additives are the main source of toxic materials.

Kinda right and kinda wrong.

It's not the tobacco itself that kills - you can eat the stuff all day and it won't hurt you. It's the smoke. In this respect I would not say naturally grown tobacco is really any safer than processed tobacco. I used naturally grown tobacco for years starting in 2004 because the prices of cigarettes got so high. I did notice a difference. After stopping processed cigs for a while if you smoke one you can taste and feel the chemicals entering your body. That freaked me out.

I learned of the 69 cancer causing chemicals in tobacco smoke that causes cancer. (Nicotine is not one of them,) I learned of the 600 chemicals that show up in processed tobacco that are added by the tobacco company to help make nicotine more addictive. I learned of the over 4000 ( some say as high as 6000) chemicals that are in tobacco smoke that are Unknown - we don't know what they do to the body. These are found in natural tobacco as well as processed tobacco. The combination of all these things have been shown to contribute to lung and heart disease.

The smoke itself is very bad even if it did not have most of those chemicals because of the tar and carbon monoxide.

I had tried everything to quit and could not stop smoking tobacco cigarettes until I found the Electronic Cigarette. The e-cig does not have any smoke, only a vapor similar to the vaporizer your mom used to put in your room when you were sick, or it can be said it's a steam. It does not contain any of the above listed things except for untainted nicotine which is not a cancer causing agent, and has not been shown to contribute to heart or lung disease. I have been using them for over 4 months now and they are the only thing in 22 years that got me to quit smoking cigarettes. I credit them with saving my life. Since 2004 when they were introduced, not one serious illness or death has been caused by using an electric cigarette - world wide. Just like quitting cold turkey all of the damaged parts of your body like taste and small, lung, heart function etc all heal themselves over time. The electronic cigarette is my choice over real tobacco cigarettes for all those reasons. It looks and feels the same as smoking and satisfies all my cravings, plus I get to inhale flavored vapors you cant get with real cigarettes. I mix my own nicotine juice for my e-cigs and I use 4 ingredients in them that are all USP grade FDA approved, so I know they don't contain any poisons I would not want to put into my body.

Works for me.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join