It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marlboro cigarettes contains poison?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
All cigarettes contain poison. These compounds are created when you smoke. It's not like they are actively adding all of these substances, it's chemical reactions. The warnings in Canada are quite large, half the pack now with nasty looking pictures

You really need to do some real research before making a comment like that. Because you are way off. Naturally grown tobacco (in a field behind some old guys house in Virginia) does NOT contain all the crap that name brand, processed tobacco contains. Real research, try it.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
Why are you unable to do your own research? en.wikipedia.org...

Dude, really...

Not wanting to get into an argument, i won't i promise, but, clearly i said, does this warning about venom shows up on other countries? not a generic "cigarettes can kill" or "smoking may cause cancer" warning, but specifically, "this crap contains venom" i said it on my OP, why is that so hard to see? are you unable to see that? why do you feel the need to belittle other people who haven't done anything to you? it was on my first post:

"My question is, does the same warning shows up on US or other country's cigarette packs of marlboro or other brands? "

That's all i was asking, not trying to find out if cigarette packs contain health warnings, i know that, everybody knows that, are you missing the point maybe? the difference between "this may harm you" and "this is poison, it will kill you" ?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadDogtheHunter

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
All cigarettes contain poison. These compounds are created when you smoke. It's not like they are actively adding all of these substances, it's chemical reactions. The warnings in Canada are quite large, half the pack now with nasty looking pictures

You really need to do some real research before making a comment like that. Because you are way off. Naturally grown tobacco (in a field behind some old guys house in Virginia) does NOT contain all the crap that name brand, processed tobacco contains. Real research, try it.

Exactly, thanks for your reply, good to know there are still people who can reasonable think on ATS

As i said in a previous post, there is a big difference between "This may harm you" and "this will kill you"

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by zenius
Australian cigarettes have warnings but they don't say what's in them. Recently fire retardant was added because of bushfires being started from people throwing their butts out their car windows.

The new Fire Safety Cigarettes(you should see "FSC" on your pack somewhere) are making MANY people sick. The retardant includes an ethylene vinyl acetate copolymer emulsion based adhesive (carpet glue). That is the real conspiracy here. It's funny that they're saying it's bush fires for you...and for us, it's people falling asleep. These new "fire safety" cigarettes probably cause twice as many fires. The cherries fall off more, and If you try to re-light it, embers go flying. Definitely population reduction tactics imo. Never seen something so rejected spread so fast. As soon as I found out about the new chemical it was already in effect pretty much nationwide.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
cigarettes kill people.. this surprises you?

No it does not surprises me, i know that, but... can you see a warning that clearly says "this contains venom, used to kill rats" in all cigarette packs? or maybe you see something like "this may cause cancer" or "this may harm you blah blah"

Are people who smoke really aware of what the contents are? or they 'think' they are aware, because listing 4000 chemicals is not a good way to say "this is going to kill you", but saying "dude, this is poison, used to kill rats and insects" sure is a different approach won't you agree?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaifan

good thread mate
i stopped smoking marlboro a few years back cause i heard they were twice as harmfull as other brands
but i have a pack of luckies so lets see,it says; smoking will cause serious harm to u and others around u
smoking while pregnat is bad for ur baby
it contains 10 mg tar 0.8 mg nicotine and
1 more but definetly not the same as what u mentioned
thats about all it says and im pretty sure it says the same here on a pack of marlboro
i hope yhis answers ur question
ps i live in holland
good day

edit on 11-2-2011 by icecold7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Yup, thier was anews special about ciggarettes a month or so ago. They even said, according to a doctor, ciggarettes, at least the mainstream ones, have up to 4,000 chemicals in them. that can be from licorice, to ammonia, to pesticides, to formaldyahyde, toulene xlyene, known carrincogens. I lsot 2 parents to stage 4 lung cancer, and my fathers mother. parents were in thier mid 50's to 60. Both were assked when tumors were detected, by doctors...oh my god how long were you smoking and how much. Its too late at that point, to fix it. Father liked to smoke kool ciggarettes, lucky strikes when he was younger, and my mother kool ciggs.
I myself, an addictexd to smoking..marlboros. I have had about 4 newports through my life, and on every newport occassion..i coughed up some blood in my plem. i have slight blood pressure problems, i atrubute too smoking, which ide LOVE to quit. the thing is, nicotine from ciggareetes medicaly, is 5 times more addictive than heroin!!! it jsut dosnt have the same lasting effects. its that easy to be/get addicted to ciggs.

take into consideration also..the inhaling of particles from the pugent smoke, and at $8 a pack around me...your basically paying to shroten your life.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

This is the list of 599 additives in cigarettes submitted to the United States Department of Health and Human Services in April 1994. It applies, as documented, only to American manufactured cigarettes intended for distribution within the United States by the listed companies. The five major tobacco companies that reported the information were:

en.wikipedia.org...

599? 599? That is a crapload of additives. Many of them are toxic. I'm glad I quit.

Realizing it says US and not Mexico like the OP but still...
edit on 11-2-2011 by coyotepoet because: last sentence

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
You know..599 ingredients go into ciggarettes. Why so many chemcials are added? or are they already present in the leaf? thats insane! it seems like alot fo ingredeints to be added for something that should be 'naturally smoked'.?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
You are kidding me?! You have totally blown my mind. How can that be. I know the surgeon general says it isn't good for you but POISON...Unskinny Bop is a cancer on this world.
Never will I ever listen to that song again. Off my MP3 player it goes

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaifan

Mate, this is the *tip* of the iceberg.

There are around 600 poisons (4000 compounds when burnt) in 'manufactured' cigarettes. (as opposed to hand rolling tobacco)

There is sulphuric acid, benzene, Cyanide...tell you what, here's a list for you.

quitsmoking.about.com...

Quote from the linked page;

The list of 599 additives approved by the US Government for use in the manufacture of cigarettes is something every smoker should see. Submitted by the five major American cigarette companies to the Dept. of Health and Human Services in April of 1994, this list of ingredients had long been kept a secret.

So there's a lot more in 'tailor made' or 'manufactured cigarettes than most people realise.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by goochball

Originally posted by zenius
Australian cigarettes have warnings but they don't say what's in them. Recently fire retardant was added because of bushfires being started from people throwing their butts out their car windows.

The new Fire Safety Cigarettes(you should see "FSC" on your pack somewhere) are making MANY people sick. The retardant includes an ethylene vinyl acetate copolymer emulsion based adhesive (carpet glue). That is the real conspiracy here. It's funny that they're saying it's bush fires for you...and for us, it's people falling asleep. These new "fire safety" cigarettes probably cause twice as many fires. The cherries fall off more, and If you try to re-light it, embers go flying. Definitely population reduction tactics imo. Never seen something so rejected spread so fast. As soon as I found out about the new chemical it was already in effect pretty much nationwide.

Well, well, well.

I smell a truck load of BS with this 'FSC' business mate.

The reason why tailor made ciggs, burn all the way down without going out, is because of one of their 'ingredients' - Salt Peter, the same stuff used in gunpowder.

It's the addition of SP that causes the even and steady burn of the cigarette.

*ALL* they had to do, was to remove the SP, and the tobacco would naturally go out quite quickly, if nobody is taking repeated drags on it.

Anyone who smokes hand rolling tobacco knows this. It's the reason why cigs made from hand rolling tobacco continuously go out while you're smoking it, no salt peter to keep the burn rate steady.

Why the hell are the Oz PTB, adding more crap to cigarettes, when all they have to do is to remove some other crap?!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

you are both right , the tobacco plant does not have all that nasty stuff in, it it is the process of making cigs that this toxic mix of fumes chems heavy metals comes from. buy pie tobaco recut and make your own cigs

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd
reply to post by Kaifan

My question is, does the same warning shows up on US or other country's cigarette packs of marlboro or other brands?

No , I have never saw this warning on any brand of cigarettes here in the U.S.

I have smoked for over 40 years , and have smoked the brand you mention for at least 20 years , and have seen various warnings , but never the one you mentioned .

Hi, thanks for your reply, now if you would see this warning on you cigarettes, would you still smoke them? it seems to be a common warning in Mexico for that brand, but i wonder what the reaction would be on other countries if the packs came labeled the same, in fact, i wonder how people still buy those after that warning, here's your rat poison mister, that would be 8 bucks, have a nice death

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
dont they sell rolling tobbaco pouches in the us, here in the uk you can buy them at every shop that sells ciggarettes and they all sell papers and filters.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Tobacco naturally is far safer than the industrially processed versions. In industrial processes, tons upon tons of additives are put into the product to increase it's desirability. From making it a smoother smoke, to improving tastes, to increasing your addiction to it.

These additives are the main source of toxic materials.

Different nations have different regulations, so each nation may or may not have specific additives in them. For example the cigs in Mexico may have something those in Canada do not, and vice versa.

Don't let this freak you out though, as this is merely the tip of the 'toxic iceberg'.

Let us examine other sources of toxic materials in our breathing air.

While we focus all our energy on cigs, we are ignoring the incredible amounts of toxins released into the air through combustion engine vehicles like cars, trucks, motorbikes, etc. If you get closed in a garage with a car running, you will probably die in short order. Vehicle exhaust is far far more dangerous than a simple cig.

We have tons of industrial factories that spew out an entire plethora of various chemicals, each dependent upon what type of materials they are dealing with in each factory. Some factory smoke stacks spew out safer gases than others, and it is extremely difficult to gauge the levels of these pollutants.

You can tell your buddy to stop smoking in front of you, but you cannot tell people to stop driving their cars. You also have slim to no chance of convincing your local factories to adopt highly expensive scrubber technologies and clean up their acts. They don't care if we suffer, they are getting rich.

Now lets examine other sources of toxification.

All of our food is jam packed with additives, and random pollutants that made it's way into the ecosystem. Ignoring the absurd amounts of additive chemicals which are indeed typically dangerous such as preservatives or flavorings or colorings, we are looking at all kinds of things like pesticides or herbicides, all the way down the list to industrial pollution from factories.

Our drinking water is also jam packed with toxic pollutants. Recent studies clearly show that massive amounts of our "normal culprits" are there, among all kinds of surprising other constituents. There are many pharmaceutical drugs in the water, I have seen studies showing dozens if not up to hundreds of these chemicals found within it.

This is nothing though. There is so much more.

Often times heating up plastic containers that most frozen food dishes come packaged in can experience "bleeding". When heated, these molecules can break down sometimes, and when or if this occurs, they will basically fall into the food sitting right on top of it. This is generally a industry secret, but here at ATS it should be common knowledge and is scientifically sound. Which types of plastics bleed into the food during heating more than other types, is up for debate and research. Some are safer than others.

Hell, even touching basic items around your house is dangerous chemically. Almost all items around our house or anywhere for that matter, are coated in various types of chemicals for various reasons. Polishes, varnishes, sealants, water proofing materials, paints, etc; will rub off onto your body when you pick them up in small trace amounts. Not always, but more often than you think!

Cleaning products found virtually everywhere are also highly dangerous and obviously leave all kinds of residues on whatever we put them on.
There are toxic chemicals within everything, from our toothpastes, to our deodorants, shampoos, etc etc.

Hell I could just list off 100s of Natural Earth sources for toxic chemicals, being that is where we got them from in the first place. For example Oil is a highly toxic material, and when it is refined and broken down into the countless chemicals we use in all of the said products mentioned above. Only one animal on Earth is known to survive oil contamination 100%, and that is a petroleum fly. Look it up.

I could go on forever honestly.

Point is, that worrying about cigs is the LEAST of our problems. You can choose to stop smoking. You can ask your buddies to stop smoking. But 99% of the true source of our chemical contamination comes from other sources that you may not have a chance in hell of avoiding.

So in essence, my suggestion is to just try to enjoy your life and avoid obvious contamination sources if possible. But if you cannot, try not to worry about it. Just focus on enjoying life while it lasts, because it won't last very long! Also spread information to others about the dangers we are facing, and work with your local communities to attempt to remove some of these pollutants from your local area if possible.

Stay positive, and stay smart.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaifan

This is true. Just look at the incidence of lung cancer since 1950 and compared to pre 1950.

Its called depopulation. In order to rebuild humanity strong, you must thin out the weak links.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Also, I directly challenge anyone to debunk any of my post above.

You will be lucky if you can debunk 1 claim. Give it a shot. I am open for revision and I will not ignore blatant facts when presented with a compelling case against my point of view.

So debunk that post above. I beg of you. Debunk it.

Sadly, I'm rolling hard core with the facts today, and I seriously doubt my post will receive even the slightest challenge from even the most seasoned of opponents.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Thats why you should smoke marijuana

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I buy "American Spirit" tobacco in cans and use an injector machine with filter tubes to make my own. Whole leaf minimally processed natural tobacco, and the tubes aren't treated to make them "fire safe" as in "fire safe cigartetes" (FSC). I hear the chemical they use to treat manufactured cigarettes to make them FSC cigarettes is the same thing as foam rubber.

Fire safe cigarettes (FSC) are cigarettes that are designed to extinguish more quickly than standard cigarettes, if ignored, with the intention of preventing accidental fires. These products are also known as Lower Ignition Propensity (LIP), Reduced Fire Risk (RFR), self-extinguishing, fire-safe or Reduced Ignition Propensity (RIP) cigarettes. In the United States, "FSC" above the barcode officially stands for Fire Standards Compliant (FSC).
Fire safe cigarettes are produced by adding two bands or "speed bumps" to the cigarette paper during manufacture in order to slow the burn rate at the bands. Because this process decreases the burn rate and does not prevent unattended cigarettes from igniting nearby materials or tinder, the term "fire-safe" has been called a misnomer which could lead smokers to believe that these cigarettes are less likely to cause fires than standard cigarettes.
Many materials can be used to make the bands in the paper, including cellulosic or other polymeric materials. Different companies use different materials (including thicker bands of paper) for the ‘speed bumps’ in order to comply with regulations. Most commercial cigarette papers in fact use cellulosic and alginate bands; however many patents have been registered in the literature in relation to materials that could be used to make the bands, including EVA polymer ethylene vinyl acetate. When burned, the polymer of EVA becomes unstable, and the health risks of inhalation are not known. EVA and PVA polyvinyl acetate polymer adhesives have been used by the tobacco industry for many years, and are the industry standards.
A similar quantity of PVA polymer is required to glue the paper seam in a fire safe cigarette as in a standard cigarette.
EVA polymer must not be confused with the EVA monomer, which is a reactive species with some toxic properties.
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 2/11/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join