It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marlboro cigarettes contains poison?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine
reply to post by Kaifan

Talio is Thallium, as one can see from a Periodic Table in Espanol www.ptable.com...

This is a toxic metal and is likely bioconcentrated in the plant from the soil along with Cadmium, Lead, and Mercury. Tobacco does this sort of thing as do many other plants.

Most of the heavy metals are delivered in the 'tar' portion. It is possible that Mexico requires a statement concerning Thallium on the label but the other metals are in there also. Counterfeit cigarettes can have as much as ten times the amounts of these metals in them because the tobacco is not planted in the same field every year and has new soil to extract metals from.

Many of the other things you see in lists of bad things in tobacco are the result of pyrolysis [means cooked but not combusted] of the organic material. This is the stuff that comes out just ahead of the flame front and is essentially the 'fumes' from heated organic matter. Smoking any type of leaf will produce most of this, including carbon monoxide, so smoking hemp doesn't improve things. An additive used to enhance tobacco addiction is sugar. When pyrolyzed, sugar produces formaldehyde which enhances the effects of the nicotine and sinks the hooks deeper into the addict. It also speeds up the development of cancer.

Interesting note: on the topic of Hemp. Marijuana is the only thing that keeps brain cells from dying if you are a heavy drinker. I am not kidding, it was scientifically proven. MJ, actually saves your brain if you are an alchoholic.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
smoking kills , stop the presses , O.M.G, but seriously though, most stuff we're addicted to is either bad or gradually kills us , we get hooked , they get richer , we die .Isn't it all part of their depopulation plan? .

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
federal law recently mandated "shut-offs" be put in. that way the cig will go out if left unattended. since then I noticed some are harder to light, some burn up to fast, and other won't go out. god knows what health problems that stuff can cause. and like one poster said, recently I have had a few coughing bouts that made me had to puke.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Yea cigs definitely cause health problems.
They're addictive like any other drug.
They really should be illegal..

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
i used to smoke marlboro cigarettes, and the effect i got from them was at the beginning of every fall and spring for the past 5 years, i would have a horrible-sounding cough and i would feel very sick. so last year, i tried an alternative to marlboro. i tried camel, winston, newport; nothing was working for me. then i started smoking natural american spirit. ever since i have been smoking these cigarettes, i have no problems. they are 100% additive free natural cigarettes, and are two times longer than the normal cigarette. and the good thing is i used to be a two packs a day smoker on marlboro and now i am only smoking a half a pack to a pack a day....

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaifan

You think genius! What do you think smoke is to your body?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaifan

Cigarettes do have some thallium, but again it is tiny amounts close to what you would just find in the enviroment anyway. Its just a scare tactic like so much else having to do with cigarettes. Smoking increases your chance of certain things a tiny bit, but its been so overblown that it is completely absurd.
Let me show you exactly how they do it....
Take this quote from an anti-smoking study. "Using American data, 24% of men who smoke can expect to developing cancer during their expected life time." Sounds scary right? Well look closely and logically at that sentence. It simply says that 24% of people can expect to get cancer....the problem is they throw in smoking as if it has something to do with this stat. Notice they don't say LUNG cancer, or MOUTH cancer....just cancer period. This is a statistic showing ALL cancers, and has NOTHING to do with smoking. Its a magic trick. Slight of Hand. You think one thing, but if you look closely its something else. Here are some REAL statistics DIRECTLY from the WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION. You have a 1% chance of getting Lung Cancer if you are a nonsmoker. Thats pretty good.....So how much does the W.H.O. say it increases to if I DO smoke? Well its not talking about dying, just getting cancer so you would think it would be a pretty big increase...I mean thats what we are led to belive, right? 30-40% higher is not a stat you would blink at if you were to believe the hype. Nope according to the WHO your chances are 7% more than if you didn't smoke at all. Not even a whole 10%!!!!
So yeah...there is a slight increase in the chances you will get lung cancer. A stat this low even begs the question of whether or not there IS a relationship. For instance is smoking itself the main factor in the 7% increase? Or does it have more to do with the fact that many health conscious people avoid smoking because of the hype....therefore most of the Health Conscious individuals that do MANY things to avoid cancer ALSO do not smoke. See how even 7% may be an illusion. Of course that is speculation. Don't go by it. Don't go by ANY sides argument. Look at the raw facts....not the facts after they have been chewed up and rearranged by people with an agenda. Thats the only real way to know the truth.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Bad for you, Yes. However, I am very sure that if they contained Flouride then they would be considered "A Healthy Alternative".

Come on,, We are forced to suck up or swallow flouridated items, breath chemicals sprayed into the air, receive injections for the newest Flu strain (which your doctor most likely cannot tell you what it conatins for lack of knowledge). But it is evil and stupid for you to buy a pack of smokes? Just as recently as this past week, they have presented studies that say that diet sodas may increase a person risk for stroke. DIET SODA BAD FOR YOU. How long before word gets out that smoking actually has some benefits to your health? Ooophs, its already there, but your not gonna see it on the evening news. THERAPEUTIC EFFECTS OF SMOKING AND NICOTINE
Just like anything else, you will only see in the news what they want you to see.
edit on 12-2-2011 by lance_covel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Also, I would like to ask if anyone comprehends the amount of taxes that the govt receives from tobaccoe products? If every smoker were to stop by next year, who and where do you think they would tax next to make up for that loss?,,,and trust me, THEY will not take the loss. The non-smokers and the ex-smokers will pay that bill, like it or not.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaifan

Originally posted by Iamschist
Why are you unable to do your own research? en.wikipedia.org...

Dude, really...

Not wanting to get into an argument, i won't i promise, but, clearly i said, does this warning about venom shows up on other countries? not a generic "cigarettes can kill" or "smoking may cause cancer" warning, but specifically, "this crap contains venom" i said it on my OP, why is that so hard to see? are you unable to see that? why do you feel the need to belittle other people who haven't done anything to you? it was on my first post:

"My question is, does the same warning shows up on US or other country's cigarette packs of marlboro or other brands? "

That's all i was asking, not trying to find out if cigarette packs contain health warnings, i know that, everybody knows that, are you missing the point maybe? the difference between "this may harm you" and "this is poison, it will kill you" ?

Obviously you didn't click the link this guy gave you. It is a list of all cigarette warning labels from around the world.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I love the fact that our government argues about gun related deaths in their humane quest to save lives and take away our God given rights to protect ourselves...............

YET.......................

They claim that cigarettes kill almost 500,000 people a year but have no problems collecting the taxes on cigarettes and blame you for knowing better because they put a warning label on it.

They should be held as accomlices to everyone of these deaths.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
All Cigarettes contain poison...

How is this 'news'?

I am a very heavy smoker btw, cigarettes are indeed poison, everyone knows this.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Yep, cigarettes contain poison... This is nothing new... At all...

www.quitsmokingsupport.com...
Ammonia: Household cleaner
Angelica root extract: Known to cause cancer in animals
Arsenic: Used in rat poisons
Benzene: Used in making dyes, synthetic rubber
Butane: Gas; used in lighter fluid
Carbon monoxide: Poisonous gas
Cadmium: Used in batteries
Cyanide: Deadly poison
DDT: A banned insecticide
Ethyl Furoate: Causes liver damage in animals
Lead: Poisonous in high doses
Formaldehiyde: Used to preserve dead specimens
Methoprene: Insecticide
Megastigmatrienone: Chemical naturally found in grapefruit juice
Maltitol: Sweetener for diabetics
Napthalene: Ingredient in mothballs
Methyl isocyanate: Its accidental release killed 2000 people in Bhopal, India in 1984
Polonium: Cancer-causing radioactive element

Those are just a few of the 4,000 plus ingredients in cigarettes. Lead, cyanide, formaldehyde, insecticide, Arsenic.... Among other things...

Not really anything new. Am I going to quit? Probably not. Only one person could ever talk me into it, and they are gone...
edit on 12-2-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Well If your IQ allows you to smoke,.
Then it must be your destiny,.
Whenever people die from stupid things
It is just nature doin its thing,. thinning out the herd

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I have an IQ of 140+ lol, I still torture myself with smoke and drink...

I guess I never found my way in life so I punish myself for it!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
US manufacturers currently put carpet glue in their cigarettes. Check out FSC. FSC is Fire Safety Cigarette. Smokers here know that about 7 or 8 years ago they started to come out. They will go out by themselves if left unattented. While this is supposed to be a safety feature, it's nothing more than carpet glue. The safety commission on the glue says that in normal use, the glue is not unsafe. That's actually correct, but they're referringto using it as glue. Not igniting it and directly inhaling it!

www.examiner.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Yeah, well then you have the whiskey drinking two pack a day smokin' bad a**** that lives 'till their 86 and they're usually mean as all get out.

It's like a doctor telling his patient they only have x amount of time to live...they don't know for sure. Live, love and be free. What do they know anyway?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I have an IQ of 140+ lol, I still torture myself with smoke and drink...

I guess I never found my way in life so I punish myself for it!
that IS terrible,.
Imagine what you might be without such an addiction
Actually,. I drink booze also,. And am fully aware of its consequences,.
which is why I have cut back about 80%
edit on 12-2-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by semicolonsmile

Originally posted by Kaifan

Originally posted by Iamschist
Why are you unable to do your own research? en.wikipedia.org...

Dude, really...

Not wanting to get into an argument, i won't i promise, but, clearly i said, does this warning about venom shows up on other countries? not a generic "cigarettes can kill" or "smoking may cause cancer" warning, but specifically, "this crap contains venom" i said it on my OP, why is that so hard to see? are you unable to see that? why do you feel the need to belittle other people who haven't done anything to you? it was on my first post:

"My question is, does the same warning shows up on US or other country's cigarette packs of marlboro or other brands? "

That's all i was asking, not trying to find out if cigarette packs contain health warnings, i know that, everybody knows that, are you missing the point maybe? the difference between "this may harm you" and "this is poison, it will kill you" ?

Obviously you didn't click the link this guy gave you. It is a list of all cigarette warning labels from around the world.

To be fair I don't think Mexico is featured on that link.
And the only mention of poison pertains to one of the New Zealand warnings.

Oh and BTW does anybody remember these "Death" cigarettes? They weren't too bad if memory serves.

edit on 12-2-2011 by BruceWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaifan

Do they mean TALLOW?

en.wikipedia.org...

They're poison but it would seen awfully strange that they would contain Tallow.

It does seem likely that they've been engineered to be as addictive as possible but....anecdotally they did kill both
my parents thru decades of use but...

edit on 12-2-2011 by aliensporebomb because: editing/formatting gaffe.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join