It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voynich Manuscript - Diary Of An Alien Or A Madman? 100 Years Older Than First Thought.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
So being a plant guy myself I am hung up on some of the plants. I have been looking through the Manuscript on the Yale site. I see many plants that seem to have contemporary correlates. I am going to go off and search to see if someone has not made a detailed study of this already.
The plants do seem to be represented in the same manner as many botanical prints that can be seen today. I find it unusual though that I have yet to come across plant images in the manuscript that show the plants broken down into their component parts like contemporary botanists do. I see a little bit of that, especially with the plant that is shown that I am sure must be mandrake, but very little. It is as though they are saying 'here is the plant (wort) and here is what to do with it'. Or maybe the writing describes in detail what to do with it. Here are some more images.....
This is thistle. I see a lot of images in the manuscript that makes me think of thistle. If you are interested in this further check out the artichoke thistle

These are kholrabi and potato respectively. When looking at the long thick brown roots with the spatulate leaves on distinct stems (as well as other images) that are shown in the manuscript these two come to mind. could be some relative of one of these....

But, of course, I think it is this. Mandrake.....

I also see others that look oddly familiar. Like the kangaroo foot plant on the Yale sit page 9r. And I also see plants that look like they could be water lilies and violets.
I sure hope everyone likes plants as much as I do.
edit on 11-2-2011 by Frater210 because: Syntx Hell

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

The "Botany section" of the book is supposedly successfully deciphered by someone named Edith Sherwood.

I don't really believe all this but you can look at this here.

I give examples to show that the code used in the Voynich Manuscript is probably a series of Italian word anagrams written in a fancy embellished script. This code, that has been confusing scholars for nearly a century, is therefore not as complicated as it first appears.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The picture that you have called "just plain strange" looks like the myelin sheaf covering of a nerve cell.
The brain looks a bit strange, but if that isn't a myelin sheaf then I don't know what it is. Anyone who has taken some biology should see it, it just jumps right out at you.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
This is what I find MOST interesting about the voynich manuscript.

Brumbaugh further reports seeing some numbers in the upper right corner of f1r before it was obliterated by the application of chemicals (intended to reveal faded writing).
The bottom margin of f1r contains the signature: Jacobj de Tepenece, visible under UV light.

www.voynich.nu...

I don't know why but I'm under the impression that this could be something handed down to Jacob from his tutor at the Jesuit college in Krumlov, Martin Schaffner. Not a whole lot of information out there about either of the two, this is simply just my gut reaction. The (once visible) signature of Jacob makes it clear that he once owned the book. That is without question. The question I want answered is where he got it from.

Jacob was born to a lower class family. He managed to pull himself to the top. I mean, the dude left 50,000 gold coins to the Jesuits upon his death in 1622. 50,000 gold coins....did this manuscript possibly assist in his success?

en.wikipedia.org...

edit to add: If this book did assist in his success, then it is without a doubt, NOT a hoax.
edit on 11-2-2011 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Lateralussicksicksick

That one works-thanks so much!!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Wow, this is some real interesting stuff? Mainly the language which was being used, even if this was a mad man, surely you cant just come up with a whole new language and right it so fluently.

If it was a Alien, he could have been makign notes to take back to its home planet one day..Who knows

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

Originally posted by yeahright
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

This is one of my favorite topics, and I'm always interested to see anything new about it. Some previous threads you might find interesting: Voynich Manuscript partially decoded The Project Voynich's manuscript More is available via the ATS search feature. If you're not squeamish about accessing something from the NSA, there's a really good pdf doc available here. Personally, I have no issue with pulling publicly available files from the NSA. As far as I'm concerned, they work for me (us, in the USA). If you are more wary, don't click that one.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 2/11/2011 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

You should really see the NSA link that yeahright linked. If your not bothered by three letter agncies.

Very interesting.

?-1538 rested in a Masonic Library in England until looted.

skip a few........

1588 It was in the hands of Rudolph II

Jacobj de Tepenece made off with it after the looting of Rudolph's abode, he was his the emperors pharmacist and doctor.

Then next in the hands of Johannes Marcus Marci .

Fascinating.

edit: I downloaded it. I don't see any © info. Yeahright, if they come get me.....shakes fist.
edit on 11-2-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Lateralussicksicksick

Thank you. I think that the cipher translation is compelling. But that is only because I am not an expert in ciphers. The plant images do not match up to the tags as far as I am concerned. Her choice of image ( she uses only one) used to contrast with the manuscript shows her seeming lack of any knowledge or even familiarity with plants. She should stick to cipher. I am more convinced than ever that this......

Is Mandrake.
The thing on the left in red and white looks to me like some kind of steam extractor. Notice the ladle applying water or some fluid. This thread rocks.
Seriously, if Jacob was slinging around that much gold I smell alchemy. No really, I've got a tincture going in the kitchen.
edit on 11-2-2011 by Frater210 because: had to be funny.....

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnceReturned

Originally posted by timewalker
In my eye's this is right up there with Da Vinci.

Perhaps the similarities are no coincidence:

The Voynich Manuscript may have been written by a young Leonardo da Vinci as evidenced by a similarity to Leonardo’s script and signature, an indication of mirror writing, and an astrological chart that corresponds to Leonardo’s birthday. Mistakes in the manuscript point to the possibility that a precocious child could have been the author.

Here is a short paper making the case that Da Vinci may have written the manuscript in his youth.

Yeah this type of stuff is from an era where Nostradamus and the like were popular. After the dark ages. This was probably a hoax to scam someone out of lot's of cash because it was an era where people put a lot of faith in the esoteric and it was worth a lot of money. There is a three key pattern sheet that can be used with scrabbled (created) lettering that can be traversed across a larger sheet with the created lettering on it....every three random letters within the small sheet that show,......will be your new random word. It was proven on a documentary how it could work.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
double post, hmmm.
edit on 11-2-2011 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I believe it's not a hoax. There's a lotta work in there for a fifteen century joke. It would've been made by a janitor or a household cleaning person who had access to a library but couldnt afford to learn how to read.

I prefer this explanation to this mumbo-jumbo alien and i'm convinced things and events are much simpler espacially with history.
edit on 11-2-2011 by SSimon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SSimon

Just for the record.

I think it was written by an educated scholar.

But educated by who and when?

The star chart, I can't get past.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

This is the first picture on this thread, inverted and colorized to show what is concealed in the image. imo it is the same as the "dropa stone' images, it is a em recording accomplished by unfamiliar methods.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CordDragonzord
It seems like a lot of words in the manuscript keep on showing up. It's bizarre that someone hasn't already decoded this. I mean, there is a definite recurrence of letters.

I noticed that pattern...will take a proper look at this later

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I must admit, to my minds eye, those do look like stylised depictions of CME's on the illustration relating to the Sun on the left here:

It could well be nothing more than my personal interpretation, but they just seem apt to be there as depicting Coronal Mass Ejections from the Sun, seeing as the section seems to be concerning the mechanisms of the Solar System, the Zodiac, the universe and perhaps even beyond those.

Da Vinci was much more than just a painter, this is known.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by stumch

Your analysis seems correct to me, thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Hello. What I have always thought of this book, is that it has the possibility to be a copy of a book from the Great Library of Alexandria. Perhaps what happened is that this book escaped the fires and destruction and someone replicated it the best way they could. It could be a replication of a prehistoric book that existed within this library.

I quote Carl Sagon:
"The True History of Mankind over the last 100,000 years once existed and was housed in the great library in Alexandria."

So, to have a well known scientist almost give note to the antiquity of civilization makes you wonder how and what transpired before our known history.

If what I think about the book is true, and it was replicated for safe keeping - we know nothing of its age. The artistic knowledge and depth of the 15 century is being portrayed - but perhaps the original was more ornate.

Just some speculation.

As for the books decryption - yes, our government can do it - and I am sure they already have. The only way to decode this book is to have very expensive software and a very powerful super computer.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Visited the Yale library to see all the pages, found the book cover, brown and indistinct, colorized it to add definition to the image......looks alien to me.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kroms33

Yes Agree when we lost the Library of Alexandria the Human race lost much of its History. Does anyone here know or have any sites that possibly have evidence of any books surviving from this library other than this mysterious book we are discussing. ? or do we have to keep going back to Indian mythology cause that seems to be the large sum of info we have of pre 6000 BC stuff other than the sumerians

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
Well that fifth picture down (blue and green ball-like structure with spikes) look like a virus under a microscope.

Hmmmmm....

Edit to add pic:

edit on 10-2-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

So I must be spending too much time here on ATS, because I had a bizzare dream last night.

I was out on my usuall walk, when I look up and see a HUGE moon in alignment with the sun behind it and a smaller greenish colored planet circling rapidly around it. I didn't have my camera and couldn't get my phone to work as I ran back to my house.

I ran inside, yelled to my husband, grabbed my camera and ran out into my backyard. It had somehow turned dark out (almost like an eclipse) and as I turned my camera to the sky, a bright meteorite streaked overhead and I saw a very large, irregular shaped asteroid tumbling slowly across the sky. It seemed to be in orbit (no burning tail or anything)but was so massive it was still big. As I tried to focus my camera on it, something fell from the sky, landing on the lense making it seem bigger than it was. Gasping, I lowered my camera and saw a thing that looked just like the virus picture, about the size of a dandilion head colored in tones of gray. They started falling all around me, like big snowflakes and as I woke up, I was thinking of how these were alien DNA carrying virus's dropping from the asteroid.

Okay....so there you are. Got me to thinking more about the wierd drawings and the possibilities.
edit on 11-2-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join