It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voynich Manuscript - Diary Of An Alien Or A Madman? 100 Years Older Than First Thought.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by stumch

After looking at the links and the above information, I must concur with you . I was going to declare hoax but on my second look I realized, this must be mostly true. I wonder though, if they look toward the interesting pictographs and writing of Thailand and such said countries, they would find many similarities? In the ancient temples they have been discovering painting with similar images and indications of a higher intelligence.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

This is one of my favorite topics, and I'm always interested to see anything new about it.

Some previous threads you might find interesting:

Voynich Manuscript partially decoded
The Project
Voynich's manuscript

More is available via the ATS search feature.

If you're not squeamish about accessing something from the NSA, there's a really good pdf doc available here. Personally, I have no issue with pulling publicly available files from the NSA. As far as I'm concerned, they work for me (us, in the USA). If you are more wary, don't click that one.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 2/11/2011 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lateralussicksicksick
reply to post by OnceReturned

The possibility of Da Vinci being the writer has been out-ruled since he has not yet been born the time the book was completed, also if he were to write the book it would cost his parents large sums of money because of the materials used in the book in those days are expensive.

Firstly, it's not been ruled out. The manuscript is older than Da Vinci certainly, but as for when the parchments were written on is another matter. Back then, parchment was made first and stored for future use.

Secondly, the idea of one of the illustrations being of a virus was one just posted on this thread by someone else and was purely speculation!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by billxam
I love a good historical mystery and watch the ivory tower types blather about how it's not what you think, a fable, work of fiction, a myth.

Is the point of this post not that the 'ivory tower types' have dated the document as a century older than previously thought?

Really...are we headed back to the cartoons of the 50's, when smart kids had heads like eggs, and all wore glasses? Pay attention to your surroundings...science is a lot busier than you seem to think.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Left-handed...that's what I thought odd about the writing!

I never would've considered that and, is what clinches it for me if ever I'd needed persuading - Ta Muchly!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Here is an extract from the book I mentioned previously. Now normally I wouldn't reference a work of fiction, but considering who purports to have written it (the keepers of the original, benevolent Illuminati protocols) I think it would be reasonable to at least consider the idea.. after all, we haven't got any solutions elsewhere..

"We’ve deciphered the Voynich manuscript. The man who looks after it in Yale University works for us. He made a breakthrough a few years ago, one he kept secret from the academic community. When he was on holiday in Carcassonne in France, an antiquarian book dealer offered him an original manuscript of Chrétien de Troyes’ book Conte del Graal, the source of the first Grail story, together with a second unknown manuscript. The main manuscript was written in old French, the second in gibberish as far as the book dealer was concerned. What he didn’t know was that it was exactly the same “gibberish” that appeared in the Voynich manuscript. Our inside man was certain the second manuscript was also the Conte del Graal, but written in the Cathars’ secret language. By comparing the two manuscripts line by line, our inside man was able to finally decode the language of the Voynich manuscript and provide a full translation.’

‘The Voynich manuscript says that after the disaster at Atlantis, the religion of Cain was almost destroyed. All of the high priests died, and the religion was extinguished with the exception of a few fragmentary pages of the Book of Cain. A few survivors reached Scotland. From there, a few ventured back to the Middle East, in an attempt to rediscover their religion.

‘The man to begin the task in earnest was John the Baptist. He used baptism to symbolise the process of embracing Gnosticism. To immerse yourself in water, he said, was to show your willingness to bathe in the sea of true knowledge. But John always maintained that a second, greater man was to follow him. He made his famous statement: After me One is coming who is mightier than I, and I am not fit to stoop down and untie the thong of His sandals.’

The premise is simple, that it is the Bible of the Cathars who in turn were descended from the Gnostics who considered themselves descendants of Cain, therefore placing themselves at the beginning of human history. Any knowledge or truths from this period would be incredibly revered and therefore protected, especially from the Catholic Church who were their sworn enemies, which tallies with the level of effort and encryption displayed by the Voynich Manuscript. Also the botany and cosmology illustrated could be knowledge from the time of Atlantis, which would account for their high strangeness.

Considering the source, I think it could be worth considering carefully. Any advances?

ps. yeahright, that pdf looks awesome, going to check it out and see if anything tallies with this, great find!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
First of all F&S, this is the first I hear of this manuscript… I am far way from an expert, just a regular person with a regular education, below is my overview…

Herbs, roots, plants
Astrological Drawings? Calendar?
Female Pictures? Cans? Cords?
Can this be something with reproductive system? Treatment of infertility? With use of herbs (medicine) calendar (calculation of cycles) and use for various candidates for treatment, some females with crowns on their heads? Successful treatment?

I don’t know why, but I am thinking this has to do with reproducing… herbs, seeds… maybe genetic creation of a female…

Now I am going overboard, UFO? Abductions? Interest in reproductive system? Eve created from Adam?

Very interesting!!!!… Love it…

Oh one more thing!!!! Our DNA… not sure but I think some of it is still unknown to scientist!? Mysteries plants?
edit on 11-2-2011 by Rocks123 because: add

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Could be a hallucination.

The first pictures of the spiral had me think of this.

edit on 11-2-2011 by GodIsPissed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Some of the drawings remind me of this one also.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Sometimes when I read things like this I think maybe people stumbled across Astral Projection. Some people say you can visit the hall of records and get info on anything..
edit on 11-2-2011 by RANDOMguess because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Some interesting info here and especially the pic of the French coin.

Research drawings in the manuscript and notice the same UFO image repeats.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocks123

Holy crap. My girlfriend And I were looking at the manuscript last night and thought the same kind of thing. We thought filopian tubes and uturus drawings. We laughed ar each other because we are lesbians and thought we were just being gay. Lol

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
This kinda voids the theory that this was a forgery made by John Dee in the 16th century...

Hmmm... the plot thickens.

Could still be a forgery.... but why? Since there is no valid reason for it, we are still in the realm of mystery.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Why is page 12 cutted out of the manuscript?
You can see it here @ page13
Does somebody know?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Wetpaint72

Lol…

And I thought I was the only one…lol
Good to know I am not alone…

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Does pictures 11 thru 14 implicate the genetic manipulation always refered to when talking about ancient aliens.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mapkar
That's really cool. The last few ones that you noted were "strange" look similar to nerves. I know this is farfetched, but maybe whoever wrote this were trying to indicate that the "voice" in our heads and the "common" sense that we have is exactly that, a voice or a sense that we share with everyone else in a common way.

How bout this for far-fetched? One of the pictures looks like ovaries that are being held by women? Is 11 thru 14 on the picture list referring to genetic manipulation? This might be some notes from the "agenda"

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

That also looks like a small earth with a bunch of nuclear explosions.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I know that most of the supposed galaxies are perfectly viable in a pre-industrial world setting from earth. Also the telescope has been around for a while, it just wasn't properly made for what we use it for until when you said.

Also I know I can sometimes just start writing alien text when bored. And it begins to have meaning form memory. The words mean nothing, but the words and pictures together mark a file in the memory of the mind that can help it remain there for longer.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Does anyone ever think that people back then wrote fictional .books too? I mean not saying I dont believe but anytime we come across something we assume it to be factual. That's like reading The Lord of the Rings 1000 years from now with just pages and no covers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join