It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voynich Manuscript - Diary Of An Alien Or A Madman? 100 Years Older Than First Thought.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
This is very interesting, and very artistic in how it's done. It sorta reminds me of those lost plates that this priest had, that was told of by Erich Von Dainiken, I can't remember what those were called now.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

Fairies, Nymphs, Astral Projection, Aliens, Alchemy, Secret Societies, Anatomy, Encryption,

This story has a little bit for everybody.

This Thread Rocks.

Even if I did write it.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

I cannot get the NSA pdf to come up. I've tried a half dozen times or so and I get a pink page with the title and that's all I get until it stops and turns completely black. 'Twould be nice to read it even if it doesn't tell me anything I already don't know.

Anyone?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

I have not had a problem with the NSA link. I have been looking myself for another source.

I found this one but it gives me the problem you have, blank or black pages. Give it a try???

Scribd.com

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I wonder , is it me or is there a alien face drawn on the last page of the manuscript ?
Look on the left side of page 206 in the pdf
Not saying that this has to be what I think it is , but it does stick out when you look at the page . At least for me

Edit: Also is it just me or does the writing style at that page look different to the rest of the manuscript ? If somebody pointed that out already I am sorry , kind of sick here and I might have missed it while skimming through the thread

edit on 13/2/11 by Thill because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
[img]h

I think the unknown language and visible drawings are merely a subterfuge to distract seekers from the hidden images of different creatures beyond man.

edit on 052828p://pm2847 by debris765nju because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

I think he's telling us about his views of the origins of man. That was my first impression and really I've got to go on...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

Sorry, I don't have a good answer for you. It loads fine for me from two different locations. It's a big file, 31.28MB. Depending upon your ISP and available speed, it could take awhile to load.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

I'm trying real hard to see it. Same with the cover?

And I got alien eyes.

Could you please point it out. I might be blind.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Thill

The pdf linked a couple of pages back, crashes my browser every time I try to look at it.

Could you point out the page here Wiki Voynich

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker
reply to post by Thill

The pdf linked a couple of pages back, crashes my browser every time I try to look at it.

Could you point out the page here Wiki Voynich

Here You go , and remember to zoom in to see it with detail

commons.wikimedia.org...:Voynich_Manuscript_(206).jpg

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1477f7300211.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 15/2/11 by Thill because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Thill

You mean this alien face right here..me sees a gray.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8fd51948a1f5.jpg[/atsimg]

Photoshop adjustments - zoom /crop/sharpness/adjusted contrast and brightness

I wanted to blow it up bigger but got rushed.
edit on 15-2-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by stumch

Of all the posts here, yours is pretty spot on since I've already recognised some of the Flora that are native to parts of the Middle East.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I would just like to put up another plug for Mandrake. One can read about its world wide historical significance here:
www.whitedragon.org.uk...

But I would especially like to add this quote from the linked text in response to the previous post...

"Ibn Beithor, the Arab herbalist, refers to the mandrake as ‘The Devil's Candle', a title suggested by the plant's glistening appearance at night. This luminosity is accounted for by the presence of numerous glow-worms at rest on the plants's ample leaves. The Moors, for the same reason, call mandrake ‘The Lamp of the Elves'. According to Ibn Beithor, sometimes styled ‘the Arab Discorides', King Solomon had a portion of mandrake set in his famous signet ring, and by its power he held dominion over the jinn; further, the learned Arab tells us that Alexander the Great owed his conquest of the East to the magical power of mandrake, and that it cures numerous maladies, including in its wide range elephantiasis and loss of memory. One Arab name for mandrake is Abdul Selam, ‘servant of health'."

I see a lot of Mandrake in the botanical section of the manuscript. The only thing that is throwing me off is the differing leaves that seem to be presented on the same roots and stems.

Ginseng is another candidate but I am thinking mandrake.

Mandrake has an interesting role to play in the creation of a Homonculus which I am hoping to get to in an upcoming post.
edit on 16-2-2011 by Frater210 because: more stuff

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
For those who were unable to access the NSA pdf, I have uploaded it to Megaupload so everybody can download it (~30 megabytes): www.megaupload.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

it is like looking through a microscope, you adjust the level to your range of vision. the deeper you delve the more complex the image, i tend to seek out humanoids. they are in and around the nine visible circles and the four invisible circles.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Creating The Alchemical Meat Puppet, Mandrake, Homunculi and The Voynich Manuscript:

This is an interesting print. I realize that the man is probably just a mandrake farmer.

But taking the symbolic route I find it interesting if you compare this to other common
images of 'The Fool' from the same era.

I find it interesting that in the case of the Mandrake print the dog is not chasing the
Fool but has stopped to have some water. Maybe to have a drink of 'wisdom'. And there
stands the Fool as confounded as ever.

Before I begin this post I would like to offer that it takes a lot of years and dedication
to be able to come up with nutty ideas like this. So with your tongue now firmly pressed to
cheek let's begin.

When I look at the Voynich Manuscript, and I have been looking a lot (like all of you), a
couple of thematic elements seem to pop for me. Conception, Repetition and possibly
Transmutation. I see a book that has been compiled for a person or people who are already
familiar with the subject matter. As though the book will provide a new revelation only for
someone who is already steeped in the knowledge that the text is based on.

To put it shortly I am beginning to think that this is an Alchemical (or somehow proto-alchemical) treatise on the creation of a Homunculus in the Animal Kingdom. But not just any Homunculus. A heretofore unknown SuperHomunculus. Yes, possibly even a perfected Homunculus that can do stuff our (possibly paradigmatically crippled) un-'perfected' human bodies cannot. I would like to offer this explanatory quote from 19th century occultist Eliphas Levi (Alphonse Louis Constant) concerning Mandrake and Homunculi:

"... we will add a few words about mandragores (mandrakes) and androids, which several writers on magic confound with the waxen image; serving the purposes of bewitchment. The natural mandragore is a filamentous root which, more or less, presents as a whole either the figure of a man, or that of the virile members. It is slightly narcotic, and an aphrodisiacal virtue was ascribed to it by the ancients, who represented it as being sought by Thessalian sorcerers for the composition of philtres. Is this root the umbilical vestige of our terrestrial origin ? We dare not seriously affirm it, but all the same it is certain that man came out of the slime of the earth, and his first appearance must have been in the form of a rough sketch. The analogies of nature make this notion necessarily admissible, at least as a possibility. The first men were, in this case, a family of gigantic, sensitive mandragores, animated by the sun, who rooted themselves up from the earth ; this assumption not only does not exclude, but, on the contrary, positively supposes, creative will and the providential co-operation of a first cause, which we have reason to call God. Some alchemists, impressed by this idea, speculated on the culture of the mandragore, and experimented in the artificial reproduction of a soil sufficiently fruitful and a sunsufficiently active to humanise the said root, and thus create men without the concurrence of the female. Others, who regarded humanity as the synthesis of animals, despaired about vitalising the mandragore, but they crossed monstrous pairs and projected human seed into animal earth, only for the production of shameful crimes and barren deformities. The third method of making the android was by galvanic machinery. One of these almost intelligent automata was attributed to Albertus Magnus, and it is said that St Thomas (Thomas Aquinas) destroyed it with one blow from a stick because he was perplexed by its answers. This story is an allegory; the android was primitive scholasticism, which was broken by the Summa of St Thomas, the daring innovator who first substituted the absolute law of reason for arbitrary divinity, by formulating that axiom which we cannot repeat too often, since it comes from such a master: " A thing is not just because God wills it, but God wills it
because it is just. " The real and serious android of the ancients was a secret which they kept hidden from all eyes, and Mesmer was the first who dared to divulge it; it was the extension of the will of the Magus into another body, organised and served by an elementary spirit; in more modern and intelligible terms, it was a magnetic subject."
From:Transcendental Magic its Doctrine and Ritual by Eliphas Levi.

Alchemical work within the Animal Kingdom is spoken about very little. As anyone who has
approached the subject of practical and theoretical Alchemy can tell you that the primary focus is on the Plant and Mineral Kingdoms. In fact some might be surprised to hear about Alchemy in the Animal Kingdom at all. This is one of the reasons that Paracelsus was considered a loose cannon by his contemporaries.
What Levi seems to be saying here is that contemporary beliefs and practices having to do with Mandrake and the Homunculus or 'Android' are somehow representative of a 'True" body of knowledge that exists concerning the 'True' nature of the Homunculus and how Mandrake is used to 'attain' it. He is also stating rather clearly that the Homunculus or Android is to be inhabited by the operant. His spirit will take up residence in this new body.

In terms of repetition I would like to offer this: The 'Mothers' (they all seem to be pregnant) or 'Graces' seen repeated in groups are representative of the new governing dynamic which is set in action by the consumption of the 'Philtre' created from the botanical and pharmacological recipes in the manuscript. The "presence" of these "graces" around and about the effected biological structures are meant to represent their new governing influence. I believe that the artist used these female forms as a way of generically representing the the 'Matter' of the subject and its intervening influence.

I believe that the plants that are shown may indeed be prototypical plants that differ from
the ones we know. But either way the recipe seems to require the entire Plant Magistery to get the job done. Also the astrological charts must have made sense to someone. When it comes to Alchemy and Astrology and Astronomy it is important to understand the mindset of the guys working with this stuff. Namely, Alchemists. To put it simply everything in our material universe lives in and IS a giant clock. When you look at it that way it makes sense that it is better to do some kinds of work at certain times than others. Timing is everything. Even Manfred Junius, famous biologist and practical Alchemist, has included an entire chapter on, 'The stars, days, hours and rhythm of the Planets' in his famous, Spagyrics.

I would again like to point out the repetition of the 'Graces' in this image. I believe the artist is showing the same 'Matter' at different points in some process.
I feel that the images in the very back of the manuscript which depict plants and what appear to me to be extraction devices (Athanor?) is an appendix that somehow says, "I did it like this, You may or may not be inclined to do it the same way"

And finally I would like to suggest that the 'star maps' or astronomical images of the 'Coelestial Palaces', or whatever they are, may be rudimentary illustrations of the types of vision and knowledge that the successful operant might be privy to. "Oh, The Places You'll Go!"
Occult lore usually has something to say about the danger of 'crashing' different 'domains' without a little preparation and etiquette.

If you have made it this far I thank you for taking the time to entertain the ramblings of yet another poor soul who has been made mad by The Voynich Manuscript.
edit on 16-2-2011 by Frater210 because: added images

edit on 16-2-2011 by Frater210 because: syntax

edit on 16-2-2011 by Frater210 because: Final Edit, I promise...

edit on 16-2-2011 by Frater210 because: Structure and Syntax

edit on 16-2-2011 by Frater210 because: Tried to adjust paragraph

edit on 16-2-2011 by Frater210 because: plural noun

edit on 16-2-2011 by Frater210 because: much funnier...

edit on 16-2-2011 by Frater210 because: : )

edit on 16-2-2011 by Frater210 because: More.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

this is voynich but it is not the final destination, this page is a link to Chaco canyon.......

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

this is written in the stones of a building in chaco canyon. a comparison of the characters and their placement are very similar. curiouser and curiouser.
edit on 092828p://pm2834 by debris765nju because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
It's getting deeper folks.

I am starting to read blogs about the word Voynich and Decode showing in the Bible Code.

This book has got some people talking.

I commented on one of the authors of the blog to come join us.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join