Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Voynich Manuscript - Diary Of An Alien Or A Madman? 100 Years Older Than First Thought.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Big Fat Furry,

This thread is what brought me to reading about The Great Work, over a year ago now. And it brought me to a new life, a rebirth if you will. It changed me and brought some really great people into my sphere. You know who you are!

Alchemy has been a huge part of me since this thread and this is where it all started. There is SOMETHING to this book!

I see the tread has been brought back from the dead a little. The Phoenix rises. I'll have to read through the replies when I have more time.

PS~ Fellow Lone Star Statesman here.

You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas!

edit on 19-7-2012 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

The Voynich is either a seminal piece of work, or a prank and boondoggle. It is a mystery that I hope to live long enough to see cracked. I would guess that the drawings would make sense once the text is understood, with them representing metaphors and allegories. Otherwise, I would be most interested to see an alternative explanation for where those plants come from.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
i thought this was considered to be a hoax

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Picollo30

What makes you think this?

I have seen lots of interpretations of what it is and is not.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Until now, no one has been able to interpret the illustrations within known astrological traditions (European or otherwise). Using a simple assumption, the stellar structure of the different constellations can be deducted: the “sparks” of the stars represent the magnitude of the star, i.e. the more sparks, the brighter the star. To my knowledge, this is the first time in the long history of the manuscript, that the figures can be interpreted in such way that logical information can be retrieved from the figures. This shows that the manuscript contains relevant information rejecting the hoax hypothesis. The simple way in which the figures can be interpreted also suggests that it should be able to decode the text using a logical routine or solution. Please find an example of the constellation Virgio. The other constellations are treated in the same way.
Can somebody help in publishing this or getting this open to the great public?

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
18 elements within the Voynich manuscript converge on northwest Europe as the origin. 63 words so far indicate a Finno-Ugric origin with a possible Slavic influence. 15 points on its map correspond to Sortavala. And most likely, why it has remained the most mysterious manuscript in the world for 600 years is because no man wrote this. Women did.
The Voynich Manuscript Unlocked
edit on 13-7-2014 by ThePyat because: To make it look better

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I shall now resurrect this thread with some news:

In 2013, scientists from Argentina and Great Britain discovered that the text was based upon a semantic model and that theoretically, it can be deciphered. Analyses show that the style of text is Italian but it is almost certain that the author was not European.

Experts from the University of Delaware theorize that the manuscript was written by the Aztecs but linguists and cryptologists are skeptical of this claim.

Scientists from all fields, however, do agree that the Voynich Manuscript carries an important message that needs to be decoded.

- mysteries24.com... _-_a_102-Year-Old_Historical_Mystery

Personally I find the illustrations of the nymphs swimming in "green pools?" to be the most fascinating part.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join