It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voynich Manuscript - Diary Of An Alien Or A Madman? 100 Years Older Than First Thought.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Big Fat Furry,

This thread is what brought me to reading about The Great Work, over a year ago now. And it brought me to a new life, a rebirth if you will. It changed me and brought some really great people into my sphere. You know who you are!

Alchemy has been a huge part of me since this thread and this is where it all started. There is SOMETHING to this book!

I see the tread has been brought back from the dead a little. The Phoenix rises. I'll have to read through the replies when I have more time.

PS~ Fellow Lone Star Statesman here.

You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas!

edit on 19-7-2012 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

The Voynich is either a seminal piece of work, or a prank and boondoggle. It is a mystery that I hope to live long enough to see cracked. I would guess that the drawings would make sense once the text is understood, with them representing metaphors and allegories. Otherwise, I would be most interested to see an alternative explanation for where those plants come from.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
i thought this was considered to be a hoax

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Picollo30

What makes you think this?

I have seen lots of interpretations of what it is and is not.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Until now, no one has been able to interpret the illustrations within known astrological traditions (European or otherwise). Using a simple assumption, the stellar structure of the different constellations can be deducted: the “sparks” of the stars represent the magnitude of the star, i.e. the more sparks, the brighter the star. To my knowledge, this is the first time in the long history of the manuscript, that the figures can be interpreted in such way that logical information can be retrieved from the figures. This shows that the manuscript contains relevant information rejecting the hoax hypothesis. The simple way in which the figures can be interpreted also suggests that it should be able to decode the text using a logical routine or solution. Please find an example of the constellation Virgio. The other constellations are treated in the same way.
Can somebody help in publishing this or getting this open to the great public?

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
18 elements within the Voynich manuscript converge on northwest Europe as the origin. 63 words so far indicate a Finno-Ugric origin with a possible Slavic influence. 15 points on its map correspond to Sortavala. And most likely, why it has remained the most mysterious manuscript in the world for 600 years is because no man wrote this. Women did.
The Voynich Manuscript Unlocked
edit on 13-7-2014 by ThePyat because: To make it look better

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I shall now resurrect this thread with some news:

In 2013, scientists from Argentina and Great Britain discovered that the text was based upon a semantic model and that theoretically, it can be deciphered. Analyses show that the style of text is Italian but it is almost certain that the author was not European.

Experts from the University of Delaware theorize that the manuscript was written by the Aztecs but linguists and cryptologists are skeptical of this claim.

Scientists from all fields, however, do agree that the Voynich Manuscript carries an important message that needs to be decoded.

- mysteries24.com... _-_a_102-Year-Old_Historical_Mystery

Personally I find the illustrations of the nymphs swimming in "green pools?" to be the most fascinating part.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Topato

Hi Topato, and all others reading this,

Thought I'd bump this topic especially since you mentioned the green pools, as I have written a paper as to their meaning. I'm working on further detail regarding the nymphs, and thus far it is supporting my initial identifications.

figshare.com...

Regards,

Linda

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: sheeplemama_awakening
reply to post by altane

Wow, great find. I read his partial translation on the voynich and went looking for more on this Erhard Landmann. Very interesting to say the least. He seems to find that these ancient texts have a common linguistic base in old high german. There used to be more of a one world language

Here are a few items I found on him (warning most are in german and the google translate seems to be a little off)
www.lasarus.org...

On page f80v of the VMS there is a woman shown on the top of the page with a strange object in her
hand with tiny writing on the tip. In the hair of the woman (if you hold the page upside down) you can
read “Urana” or “Uranu.” So we have besides the ancestor Mani (page f68r3) also the ancestress, the
grand ancestress, the “Mariana”, as called in the old-German language. The Catholic Church turned
“Mariana” into the Virgin Mary [ger: Maria]. In “Latin” texts she is only called “di ana”. From that
they made up the goddess of the hunt. The Frisians call her “Urmutter Freya” [grand ancestress Freya]
and the Maya speak of “sac quib”, of the “Sachsenweib” [Saxon woman]. On page f82r on the bottom
left there is the same woman (with a different word in the hair; unfortunately not readable). She is
pointing to the right. Right beside the word “othil” is written, the holy galaxy ot. On the same page
there are two stars connected with a line and a space vessel with something streaming out of it. On the
spacecraft “Uruekan” is written, the “Urkahn [Kahn = boat, barge] of (god) E”. The word “Urkan”,
“Hurakan” occurs in old scriptures from Tibet to the Mayans. In the Spanish language “hurakan”
means to this day “Orkan” - storm wind [hurricane]. It is originating back to the “Urkahn”, the
spaceship of the Saxon God E li. So we reached the part with the names for spacecrafts in the VMS
and other old texts. I already mentioned the Fut (ark) above, also called “future”, the Fut from Ur. Out
of “Futharch” some right wing esoterics made again a rune. In Argentina in the province Chubut, there
is a city called “Futalaufquen”, a lake “Futulaufquen”, then another city, lake and river, all three called
“Futaleufu” and then another lake called “Huichulafquen.” Here in geographical names of places they
tell in perfect old-German language: the “Fut is rising up into space” or the “Fut of (god) E (goes) ufu
(up)” and the “way up into the universe”. The original people who lived there (today eradicated I
believe) called itself “Alacalufe” (in old-German “u” = “au”), thus the “ins All Gelaufenen” [those
who went into space] or “Aus dem All Gelaufenen” [those who came from space], because their
ancestors went into and came from space.

einedeutscheweise.wordpress.com...

"Yoh E wah" when the knew the Jehovah's Witnesses, that they are actually the "witnesses of the now-growing E Li", the god of the Angles and Saxons, would have to call and not, as they believe, witnesses of Yahweh, an old German " Oh dear. " If we continue on our way to prove that all our holidays neither pagan nor Christian, Jewish, Muslim, yet have still to be done in other ways with a religion, but space travel related. The words of Carnival and Carnival translate the unsuspecting with an alleged Latin "farewell meat". Carnival has but two old German meanings. Originally it was the "Karn (the cart, Karro navalis, the spaceship) E val - the cart of the e falls from the sky came down. As this was an enjoyable event and Carnival / Carnival today is a joyous and exuberant celebration, later the interpretation "Kar ne val" - added "are not in mourning." "Kar" - the mourning. Good Friday was the saddest day of farewell to the ships, like the "ace - Cher-Wednesday" - the day the return of the ashes into space, the aschförmigen spaceship.
The carnival, the better the Austrian Faschang, the barrel-gear, the gear, the flight of the barrel-shaped Raumschiffes.Ebenso Alemannic carnival. The night of the barrel. Now let us take the (seemingly strange, seemingly meaningless) calls for the carnival season: "All af" and "Hel au". Meaning: "All af" - to the (world) All on, up and where in space?

detlefnolde.wordpress.com...

In the latter is proved that the story of the Tower of Babel, the Babylonian confusion of tongues is true. In whatever form it may have happened. become of one language, one culture, one religion are the hundreds of languages, cultures, religions ...

The Old High German language - by Helge stone fields:
-> www.bernd-schubert.de
Erhard Landmann - shock the world (Lecture, 1 of 9 parts):
-> www.youtube.com
Erhard Landmann's shock the world:
-> www.home.arcor.de
The world spoke Old High German:
-> www.home.arcor.de
Old High German Modern High German-dictionary:
-> www.koeblergerhard.de.pdf
Old High German were the Maya? The deciphering of the so-called Mayan hieroglyphics and the underlying language:
-> www.fraktale-zeit.de
Old High German Atlantis
-> www.efodon.de
The language of the Europeans - how it originated and developed
-> www.efodon.de

There is a series of youtube posts of Erhard Landmann, but alas, they are all in German.
Fascinating stuff! Wish there was more of his translations of the Voynich - I really want to know what's up with that pineal gland looking thing and the naked ladies in the green pools...

so, you are directing this in an ´alien´direction ...boring

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Maybe the codex wasn´t written in europe at all but in south america in its time?
that would explain many of the unknown plants and maybe the strange dialect..
maybe it actually is a copy of an older south american source with a then unknown mesoamerican dialect..

the overall impression is something like a universal philosophy including medicine, astronomical/ astrological, herbal
and theological knowledge..something similar like anthroposophy today..

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
edit on 9/9/17 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Thanks to the OP for an amazing thread! I've never heard of this manuscript before and I can't believe I'm only stumbling upon it now.

I flicked through a few pages of the manuscript from WIKI and noticed on page 4 (I think) what looked to be a picture of the herb thyme.

It struck me as being very similar. I'm a woman, right now suffering with a chest infection and thyme is the strongest herb for chest infections. I've been told to drink the tea.

The start of this book reminds me of a herbal medicine manuscript. The drawings of the plants are done first and the text is written around the drawings.

So the author wanted to get the drawings right first. Were they more important than the words? Anyway, recognising these plants and drawing them accurately with plenty of room was the first task.

I didn't get all the way to the women but looking at some other posters' pictures, all the women look 3-6 months pregnant. I have no idea why but this can't be ignored.

With the text, the slant doesn't look right. I, too, wondered if it needed to be reversed like the other picture because the slant looked like it was leaning the wrong way. Numbers feature predominately. Especially 8, 4, 9 from the brief glance I had --was very late at night when I looked and I'm sick so not much stamina. These numbers fit into a woman's gestation period.

I have no idea why they're in a green pool and why some look to be laying, but maybe they're relaxing in a pool, lots of them, because there are lots of women represented in the book, trying to relax and readying to give birth in water infused with herbs. Exercising in a pool is good for pregnant women, but it's hard to walk in water as you're so huge. Maybe they had to walk (one of the best exercises to ensure you give birth on time and aren't overdue) in water for their health but needed to hold hands like a train to make any progress at all. Could this be a culture or group of mostly women? Or a place women go to give birth?

The book is definitely strange, especially with how the plants look like they're cuttings grown in the bottom of an older plant, maybe to create a hybrid plant? Maybe new species of plants intended to be made?

The Zodiac Calendar looks to be exactly that. There were others pictured from around the same time period.

I'll try to read more and check put The Great Work. Very intriguing thread!

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Red Dragon has retracted the recent claim of the Voynich Manuscript being deciphered. But, here is an article talking about the debunking of the supposed solution.

So much for that Voynich

From the article we have this paragraph:

The idea that the book is a medical treatise on women's health, however, might turn out to be correct. But that wasn't Gibbs' discovery. Many scholars and amateur sleuths had already reached that conclusion, using the same evidence that Gibbs did. Essentially, Gibbs rolled together a bunch of already-existing scholarship and did a highly speculative translation, without even consulting the librarians at the institute where the book resides.

Given this information, it can be surmised that this may in fact be a book about women's health as seen in more ancient times. If this is true, then we may be able to speculate further on this book.

1) Lets suppose that this is indeed a book about women's health.
2) Lets also recognize that this book was written on vellum and vellum is much more expensive than paper.

Thus, unless this was a very expensive practical joke done by one member of the nobility on another member of the nobility, this is definitely not the product of a hoax. This is more likely someone's private book on female health issues. This would point to this book most likely falling into a few different possibilities.

1) This was a book was commissioned as a gift from maybe a nobleman to his daughter or other beloved female member of his family.
2) This is the handwritten book of a daughter of a nobleman as her personal book where she had gathered this information from other ancient books or maybe just one. The book may have her personal cipher so that no one else could read it.
3) Or this book may have been commissioned by a noblewoman and the scribe didn't want noble males to be able to read it and give him any trouble for writing this for a noblewoman. Thus the unique cipher.

Just my speculation that fits the current information.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Lawgiver

Lots of cryptographers have taken a crack at this manuscript. It's famous for being unsolvable, leading to the theory that it's just random babble words strung together to mimic language. The creator then sold it for a hefty price as a coded book of secrets. As has been pointed out, many people at that time were interested in alchemy and magic texts. Personally, I think this theory is a cop out. Ink that brightly colored and vellum that nice would have been hella expensive and not something someone would waste on nonsense.
edit on 24-9-2017 by flyingwastrel because: Grammar

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Well they claim to have finally figured it out.

www.foxnews.com...

Scientists have harnessed the power of artificial intelligence to unlock the secrets of an ancient manuscript that has baffled experts.

Discovered in the 19th century, the Voynich manuscript uses “alien” characters that have long puzzled cryptographers and historians. Now, however, computing scientists at the University of Alberta say they are decoding the mysterious 15th-century text.

Computing science Professor Greg Kondrak and graduate student Bradley Hauer applied artificial intelligence to find ambiguities in the text’s human language.

RESEARCHERS OFFER YET ANOTHER EXPLANATION TO MYSTERIOUS VOYNICH MANUSCRIPT

The first stage of the research was working out the manuscript’s language. The experts used 400 different language translations from the “Universal Declaration of Human Rights” to identify the language used in the text. Initially, it seemed like the text was written in Arabic, but the researcher's algorithms revealed that the manuscript is written in Hebrew.

“That was surprising,” said Kondrak, in a statement. “And just saying ‘this is Hebrew’ is the first step. The next step is how do we decipher it.”

Kondrak and Hauer worked out that Voynich manuscript was created using ‘alphagrams’ that use one phrase to define another so built an algorithm to unscramble the text. “It turned out that over 80 per cent of the words were in a Hebrew dictionary, but we didn’t know if they made sense together,” said Kondrak.

MYSTERIOUS MANUSCRIPT'S CODE HAS BEEN CRACKED, 'PROPHET OF GOD' CLAIMS

The initial part of the text was then run through Google Translate. “It came up with a sentence that is grammatical, and you can interpret it,” Kondrak explained.

The sentence was: “She made recommendations to the priest, man of the house and me and people.”

The full meaning of the text will need the involvement of historians of ancient Hebrew. The vellum, or animal skin, on which the codex is written has been dated to the early 15th century

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join