It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mubarak stepping down tonight/transfers power didn't step down/Steps down Feb 11,

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

The only thing that will save Egypt is for the protesters to grow up and stop having a hissy fit.

Any reasonable person would realize that they have what they want, just sit back and try to figure out who you will try to elect for president in a little while, when the elections come.

The only thing that continued outcry will prove is that there is an outside influence than wants to use the vacuum of power created by a hasty exit to gain power.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Egyptian Ambassador says that constitutionally (Article 82) that Suleiman is the defacto President. All effective powers under the constitution transfered to the V.P. However, technically, as it stands no one can dismiss parliament.
edit on 10/2/2011 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

That is what I am hearing right now on CNN.

Not sure if that will satisfy the protestors though...seems like it hasn't.

Honestly...what exactly do they want at this point?

are you kidding me ...??? what do they want?

did you write his speech???

its simple , current regime leaves, new democratic elections held army keep peace until votes counted and new sstem put in place ...

what part of they must go do u not understand , yeah Mubarak is currently hated , but he is just the figure head for the system .. and the system needs to go...

link   
The military is supposed to make a second announcement tomorrow. (Per AJE)

link   
I hate this. They are just waiting to kill some of these brave people. They need to or nobody is going home.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Actually he has REFUSED to step down.
Giving partial responsibilities to his VP, and will probably put his son into office when he is ready to retire in one of his mutli-million dollar penthouses in Dubai.

It's time to wake up people. Egypt is showing us how truly powerful we all can be.

Imagine, if we grouped together a state of chaos, then embodied that state of chaos with rebellion and allegiance to one republic of people and for once stood up and realized that we are and should be as determined as the Egyptians to get what we finally deserve in a peaceful and mild mannered way.

Imagine what would happen to this world if everyone tomorrow finally stood up and said ENOUGH!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

It sounds like something that was lost in translation?? This is getting confusing. I'm watching CNN right now.What I got out of Mubarak's speech was that he was staying in power 'till September. Well, I'll watch it as it plays out, who knows what tomorrow will bring. Hopefully peace.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny

The only thing that will save Egypt is for the protesters to grow up and stop having a hissy fit.

Any reasonable person would realize that they have what they want, just sit back and try to figure out who you will try to elect for president in a little while, when the elections come.

The only thing that continued outcry will prove is that there is an outside influence than wants to use the vacuum of power created by a hasty exit to gain power.

But they've been waiting for 30 years friend.. How much patience to you expect them or anyone to have for that matter?

Thirty years friend! Think about it.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny

they in no way have what they wanted ..... Mubarak did not listen to the people .. it appears you also are failing to understand there demands,

countries should be ran by majority consent .. not by a few rich individuals .....

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by MindSpin

Not much, just their country and freedom back in the peoples hands..

Yeah...that is kind of vague and if that is their actual demands...then that is the problem.

How about some specifics? Or does no one know?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Noone really knows, because during Mubarak' speech the audio was over run by the interpreters voice which was synched in over top of Mubarak.
edit on 10-2-2011 by misfitofscience because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Yeah...that is kind of vague and if that is their actual demands...then that is the problem.

Vague?? I'll translate it into one simple word..

Democracy...

link   
I am going to have to dust off my copy of Sun Tsu's "The Art of War" to figure out where Mubarak and Suleiman are going with their "let's wait until September" strategy.
edit on 10-2-2011 by Erica1631 because: error

link   
#
2246: The ambassador says Mr Suleiman is now the "de facto head of state".

seems the first die was thrown it did not work , this next comment could be a backup plan...

is it enough for appeasment? i doubt it especially after the first speech....

link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Not much, just their country and freedom back in the peoples hands..

Multiple people in this thread including myself have already tried explaining this to you. You dont want to listen.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

its simple , current regime leaves, new democratic elections held army keep peace until votes counted and new sstem put in place

So no one runnng the country???

Who will run the elections???

Yeah...that sounds like a smooth transition with no chaos.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The US will run the elections, just like they did in Iraq.

When voters vote in the USA, do you actually think your vote counts?
edit on 10-2-2011 by misfitofscience because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
In my opinion, what you are watching here is not a popular revolution as it is being sold, what you can see here is exactly what happened in Romania in '89 but revamped. This is indeed a coup d'etat engineered very carefully by the west.
My recommendation to the egiptian people is to go home and trust that guy no matter how bad they think right now he is... Otherwise 10-20 years from now most of them will look back and feel damn sorry for how stupid they were.
As for the western guys saying how cool this is... wake up people this is just a show.
Anyway by the look of it the so called "revolution" will succeed and you'll be able to see that I was right.... I'm deeply sorry for Egypt. Good luck to you all!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

its simple , current regime leaves, new democratic elections held army keep peace until votes counted and new sstem put in place

So no one runnng the country???

Who will run the elections???

Yeah...that sounds like a smooth transition with no chaos.

The ARMY should run the country until the new system is in place ...

how can you have the corrupt people run and organise the NEW elections???

thats like letting a murderer investigate his own case.. i bet he finds himself not guilty ..

Think

link   
reply to post by mayabong

I'll re-raise your pic!

yfrog.com...

link   
Yep, he gave his power over to the vice president. The people are not happy. They wont be until that entire regime is gone a new democratic government is installed and a new constitution is put in place.

Apparently there have been angry chants for Mubarak to "get out".

The vice president has stupidly told the protesters to go home.... And of course they wont.... But he is off to a.... not so good start... Nothing quite like pissing off the people of your country as your first action in power....

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join