Mubarak stepping down tonight/transfers power didn't step down/Steps down Feb 11,

page: 48
<< 45  46  47   >>

join

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Erica1631

Its just been on the news that Mubarak was being told by his advisors that he was loved by the people and that he's pretty shocked to see the celebration of his departure. Of course he was out of touch after 30 years in the top job. Apparantly he's among the richest people in the world - a disgrace considering how most of his people lived.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin
You know...to the people complaining about Obama and Biden sending praise to the Egyptians...what do you want them to do?

If the US gives aid to a country run by a dictator....people complain they are supporting oppression (Egypt, Saudi Arabia, etc.)

If the US opposes and takes out a dictator or oppressive government...people complain they are nation building (Iraq, Afgan, etc.)

If the US ignores a country run by a dictator (oppressive government), doesn't give them aid nor take them out...people complain about their lack of action (Iran, North Korea, China, etc.)

Can anyone give me an accetable course of action for the US?

Yeah... STAY THE @@ OUT of other peoples businesses... who are you? the parents of the nations of earth?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I hope what has just occurred will be a paranoia buster for a lot of the people on this site. Real life...not fantasy or freakery.
edit on 11-2-2011 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin
Oh REALLY????

Where were you for the past 30 years???

Well, the first 20 or so years I spent being born, being a child, and growing into adulthood. The past 10 or so years I've spent watching our own government not respecting to the will of the people, time after time, and doing whatever it is they or their corporate owners want to do anyway...when they can't scare people into supporting them of course. I didn't know much about how the people of Egypt felt about their own government, until the events that have taken place the past couple of weeks. But, being as it has always been my personal desire to see the people of the world stand together, against the greedy and corrupt few that control everything through fear all over the world, I've supported the people of Egypt since they took their stand. I know many others feel the same, and one day maybe we will be able to stand up demand that OUR voices be heard too, not just the illusion of choice we have now...thank you for your sarcastic, rhetorical question, which I answered anyway.
edit on 11-2-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

18 days it took then to change their world.

A lesson to us all. We do not have to tolerate the status quo and there is no need for a bloodbath to alter it.

I am so happy for the Egyptian people I could weep.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Amazing pictures that capture the moments:

www.boston.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Alda1981

Its impossible to stay out of others business when the US almost single-handedly keeps over half of Africa alive each year. This is through monetary donations and gifts of food. Our country is forced into politics all over the world... but I do agree. IF we can avoid taking part in a game of Risk, then we really should avoid it. BUT when does the rest of the world just leave the US alone?

Like it was mentioned before; if the US does nothing and allows a dictator and/or tyrant stay in power, then the US is bad and supports such-and-such. If the US opposes the same ruler, then the US is policing the globe. If the US waits until another country to take action first, then the US is playing puppet-master.

I know that the US gov't is full of reckless and ignorant politicians, but the world forgets that these people really do not represent the people the way they were originally meant to. This is the problem: innocent people getting attacked and blown up around the world. Not just US citizens, but free citizens of every free country.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
God Bless the Egyptian people for their courage under fire.

TODAY, I AM AN EGYPTIAN !!!
edit on 11-2-2011 by Hendrix92TheUniverse because: added the word people

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
The Egyptian people have demonstrated such resolve, while at the same time practicing restraint. It's truly awe inspiring to see. History is being made by the people- A people who would not give up, or give in.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Happy now????

I'm stoked for the Egyptians and figured it was coming right after Friday prayers.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66
reply to post by Erica1631

Its just been on the news that Mubarak was being told by his advisors that he was loved by the people and that he's pretty shocked to see the celebration of his departure. Of course he was out of touch after 30 years in the top job. Apparantly he's among the richest people in the world - a disgrace considering how most of his people lived.

you're right, i was looking into his net worth, and it's estimated to be between 40-70billion....nearly richer than bill gates.
mubarak family net worth
edit on 14-2-2011 by ahmonrarh because: just because

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Perhaps some of you members who went against my posts, refused to believe them, and made me their enemy on ATS, take note.....when I tell you there's a military coup and the Egyptian Govt is no longer in power well in advance of 24 hours before it became official Mubarak stepped down, you better believe it!

Apologies are long due but don't bother! Some members shown their true colours.

top topics

<< 45  46  47   >>

join