It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mubarak stepping down tonight/transfers power didn't step down/Steps down Feb 11,

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Many countries run without functioning Governments for months with NO issues..
You are just making BS excuses to leave a corrupt leader in power..

I have no interest who is in power in Egypt.

Just pointing out that people are oversimplifying things...as is often done on ATS.

It seems like solutions are always so easy when ATSers come up with them....but the real world doesn't work like that.

link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

Anger? Just maybe?

link   
Maybe Egyptians need one of this like in Serbia

link   

i have said it twice , and will say it again.......

a protester was just quoted on BBC

we want THE SYSTEM REMOVED entirely , the army to keep the peace until elections can be held fairly and political parties formed.

there are the 3 main details .. everything else will come AFTER this is acheived

you cant build a new start on a rotten foundation , it just won't stand up,

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny
reply to post by warequalsmurder

If they have waited that long, then what is a little more time to make sure things are done smoothly? The only people a hasty transition would benefit are the less desirable elements.

Good things are worth the wait. That is something I have learned the hard way in life.

More time gives him more time to set up conditions that will favor him and his family. Egypt is tired of him and his family. He needs to set up a direct dialogue with the Egyptian people. And he should have done that, like yesterday. Not play this game of petty ego that dictates that he will step down when he wants to. For all we know he was going to do this anyway so has thusfar made no concession other than to buy himself more time for political manuevering.

Wake up.

link   

Originally posted by MindSpin

Just pointing out that people are oversimplifying things...as is often done on ATS.

It seems like solutions are always so easy when ATSers come up with them....but the real world doesn't work like that.

Ohh C,mon..
The people want a corrupt regime removed that has been screwing them and their countries resources for 30 years to line their own pockets..
It's not rocket science.!!!
edit on 10-2-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by paradiselost333
my advice would be ...

"Time To Bring The Hell"
it is the only thing these people in power understand!!
maybe thats why Im not giving advice but then again...
maybe Im right

I think that if they were to become violent at this time it could very possibly backfire on them. This is exactly what Al Qaeda would have them believe, that their goals can only be accomplished through violence.

My advice to the protestors would be to keep doing what they've been doing, which is peaceful protest and labor strikes, because it's working. The people of the world are currently on their side and it would be a mistake to do anything to change that.

My advice to the U.S. government would be; To start supplying the protestors with food aid to help sustain them through this transition. That way, there would be something other than tear gas canisters labeled "Made In USA" littering their streets.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

NOt so sir ,

this has happened in the real world countless times already , but normaly would end with those in power being killed..

it has happened before , it will happen again , and guess what .. countries are still here and running fine.

i applaud the egyptians resolve and so far peacefull nature.

that nature wont last if people with views like yourself dont wise up fast.

link   
reply to post by kroms33

As far as I can tell, either these people need to actually learn and process the information they are getting better or they are trolls. They don't have to agree with the majority of the world, but their lack of understanding of the world around them baffles me completely. They make no argumentation worthy of response, but yet their comments are a bit baffling and infuriating.

I could just see these people during the Revolutionary War of the USA "What exactly do these rebels want anyhow? I wish they would stop throwing hissy fits... the King is going to be really pissed."

Either these posters like being laughed at for their ignorance - or they are trolling the thread.

I noticed you didn't bother to address any of the questions.

Because no one here has specifics...people here on ATS just want to see action just for the hell of it...without forethought on the consequences.

link   
reply to post by kroms33

I am just saying that I can see the results coming from a mile away, like I seen it during the Palestinian hoopla.

They are all being used. I just find it entertaining that people are cheering on something that will end up hurting Egypt in the end.
edit on 10-2-2011 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I'm not replying to trolls anymore..
They've been fed enough...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Ohh C,mon..
The people want a corrupt regime removed that has been screwing them and their countries resources for 30 years to line their own pockets..

And who are they offering up to take the place of the corrupt regime???

As far as I can tell...they have no leader...who do they WANT to take power?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
What TPTB over there refuse to understand is that if the people do not recognize the authority of the regime is that it is null and void. How can you be leader, if your subordinates ignore you? What does their constitution mean if the citizens do not recognize it? TPTB keeps holding on to political policies that the people do not recognize. The people wants the ENTIRE government disassembled and removed. They want a new government, they want new laws, and they want a new constitution. Some people simply do not know what no means. Once they are gone, then they will decide who will govern them, but they have to get the entrenched government out of the way first. If they have someone in mind to take over, the last thing they want to do is identify that person in fear of being killed before the citizens can promote the person.
edit on 10-2-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I hope this is the end of the protesting and all that. I fear for the people of Egypt now though. The idea of having the ruling party step down without someone to take his place set up just worries me. It provides a good opportunity for someone to take the country by force or for the Muslim Nationalists to take over. Then Egypt will be a far worse place then it is now, and unfortunately Dictatorships and Theocracies are much harder to stand up to. They are more likely the types to shoot first and never ask questions.

link   
reply to post by MindSpin

Your questions have been answered countless times..

The army needs to step in and keep the country running till elections can be held..
I heard a good analysist say it would be best to hold off elections for maybe 6 months to allow parties to form and for the people to make educated decisions on who to vote for..

Of course it wont be all plain sailing,,
You can't make an ommelette without breaking some eggs..

link   

Ohh C,mon..

i beleive the people support the muslim brotherhood to take control , but really you seem to have alot of opinions without any info on the topic, so i would suggest either go and become informed on the matter or quit trolling .

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Ohh C,mon..

you will find out when Fair honest elections are held , until then the army can keep the peace , police the streets and as long as basic government workers go back to work , (hospitals schools etc) things will be fine ..

i get it ..

your BERT

tranny is TOM

were is bill??

my goodness why can't i find the ignore button , did someone demand a system change and a new one was not in place?

link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny
reply to post by xavi1000

It is only silly when you have lived your life with no responsibilities beyond your own daily life, and just have a “I want it and I want it now” lifestyle. When you don’t know the stuff that goes on behind the scenes that makes the day to day world possible. When you have actually went through and had the responsibility of maintaining the world around you, building something from scratch and finishing it through to completion, and being responsible for other people’s lives, then it is not a silly question. Not a silly question at all.

It is a basic lesson of life that is drilled into our heads every time we deal with the realities of life when you are the one in charge of something happening, and you are responsible for it’s outcome. We can want it to happen all we want, but how are you going to get it done after the fact, is the question.

It is something the protesters do not comprehend.

When we deal with a change of power in a government of a country, we need details. DETAILS!!!!!!!! DETAILS!!!!!!!!!

The only details I have seen is from mubarak. The protesters just have “wants, wants wants!!!!!!!!”

The protesters are being incredibly short sighted on this, and something is driving that short sightedness from the outside.

In another situation your pragmatism would be applauded. In the middle of a heated and passionate revolution, there is very little time for details, details, details!

link   

It is only silly when you have lived your life with no responsibilities beyond your own daily life, and just have a “I want it and I want it now” lifestyle. When you don’t know the stuff that goes on behind the scenes that makes the day to day world possible. When you have actually went through and had the responsibility of maintaining the world around you, building something from scratch and finishing it through to completion, and being responsible for other people’s lives, then it is not a silly question. Not a silly question at all.

In essance you seem to be calling these people - the protesters, spoiled. How out of touch with reality are you?
Were the people who formed the United States of America spoiled? How dare you.

They don't live a "I want it now" lifestyle - the majority of them are poor and repressed. You get that lifestyle from the corporations and wealth of the USA, your needs are met - theirs are not. You can not compair or even speculate what these people have gone through, because you have never looked into the face of the world around you - from your postings, I can tell.

It is something the protesters do not comprehend.

When we deal with a change of power in a government of a country, we need details. DETAILS!!!!!!!! DETAILS!!!!!!!!!

You have the details, they want to be free from the evils of a represive government through the imposition of democracy. What is wrong with imposing democracy? Where is your logic and reasoning so flawed that you can not comprehend what they are trying to do in Egypt? People reading your statements, families gathered around computers everywhere want to know the answer.

The only details I have seen is from mubarak. The protesters just have “wants, wants wants!!!!!!!!”

The protesters are being incredibly short sighted on this, and something is driving that short sightedness from the outside

The only details we know about you is either you can not comprehend the world around you - or you are trolling this thread. I believe the later, because I still have a bit of hope for you... slim hope.

As for the protesters being short sighted - I think they are actually looking for some long term goals, such as a government that doesn't abuse them and one that lets them speak their minds... kinda like the one you and I live under. Gee, what a concept.

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join