It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mubarak stepping down tonight/transfers power didn't step down/Steps down Feb 11,

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

its simple , current regime leaves, new democratic elections held army keep peace until votes counted and new sstem put in place

So no one runnng the country???

Who will run the elections???

Yeah...that sounds like a smooth transition with no chaos.

Many countries run without functioning Governments for months with NO issues..
You are just making BS excuses to leave a corrupt leader in power..

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by warequalsmurder

If they have waited that long, then what is a little more time to make sure things are done smoothly? The only people a hasty transition would benefit are the less desirable elements.

Good things are worth the wait. That is something I have learned the hard way in life.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Mubarak in his speech said that he will continue to oversee what goes on but he transfered his powers. But hes still president offically. Its a way I think to preserve his dignity and position until election time.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

On 25 January, the NAC issued a statement calling on President Hosni Mubarak not to seek a sixth term in September's presidential election and opposing any succession of power by his son, Gamal. It also demanded dissolving the newly elected parliament, where the ruling NDP controls more than 90% of seats.

In the NAC, leaders of liberal political parties like al-Ghad and the Democratic Front are represented alongside Islamists from the Muslim Brotherhood. The loose coalition also includes prominent intellectuals and veteran activists, among them members of Kefaya, the Egyptian Movement for Democratic Change, which organised unprecedented rallies ahead of elections in 2004.

The NAC says President Mubarak, 82, should not run in the next elections.

The NAC has demanded an end to the state of emergency and democratic and constitutional reforms.

www.bbc.co.uk...

And now they just want him to leave all together. As well as Suleiman.
edit on 10/2/2011 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

link   
my advice would be ...

"Time To Bring The Hell"
it is the only thing these people in power understand!!
maybe thats why Im not giving advice but then again...
maybe Im right

link   

Yeah...that is kind of vague and if that is their actual demands...then that is the problem.

How about some specifics? Or does no one know?

Lol ..what specifics you want ? This people was second class people in their country 30 years ..majority of this people are living 2 $ a day 30 years while Mubarak was building his wealth who is close to 70 bilions.And you enjoying from your chair pretending smart guy asking this silly questions

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

An officer just called me to tell me: I escaped from the service after ElAdly asked us to fire live bullets randomly on protesters. #Jan25

link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny

If they have waited that long, then what is a little more time to make sure things are done smoothly? The only people a hasty transition would benefit are the less desirable elements.

Good things are worth the wait. That is something I have learned the hard way in life.

a good point .

The transisition does not have to be hasty , political parties can pitch for votes .. the people could speak within a month, the army could run it all and as long as the basic government system employees went to work egypt would not crumble over night..

if it is an open fair election , they are easy to run .. 1 person 1 vote ... but it would be stupid to let the current regime count the votes.

link   

There is no wait when the army or whatever happens tomorrow detains innocent people on the street. This revolution could easily die when people stop fighting for what they want. Government doesnt think it owes its people anything and would gladly return back to rigged elections and corruption when people go back to being silent. Not only that, Suileman is like mubarak or worse in the long run.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

its simple , current regime leaves, new democratic elections held army keep peace until votes counted and new sstem put in place

So no one runnng the country???

Who will run the elections???

Yeah...that sounds like a smooth transition with no chaos.

Many countries run without functioning Governments for months with NO issues..
You are just making BS excuses to leave a corrupt leader in power..

Exactly. Military holds peace, elections take place, new government takes their seats, and everybody's happy. Except for Hosni, of course.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

We never start violence, the idea is to disable state tv but our numbers not big enough yet and building heavily baricaded #Jan25

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
YOUTUBE!!!

www.youtube.com...

link   
twitpic.com...

Protesters in front of state tv building

edit on 10/2/2011 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

link   

Many protesters think that if they stop and leave Mubarak and Soliman in power they will all be hunted down one by one and put in prison. They are right. They seem to know how this regime thinks better than we do.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

nice kosmic

And hi

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
On AJE they are saying that some soldiers have joined the protesters.

One thing that you really see here though is that they all want this to remain peaceful, The Egyptians pride themselves on it.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I can not for the life of me understand how out of touch with reality some of the people posting here seem to be.

The only thing that will save Egypt is for the protesters to grow up and stop having a hissy fit.

Honestly...what exactly do they want at this point?

Yeah...that is kind of vague and if that is their actual demands...then that is the problem.

How about some specifics? Or does no one know?

As far as I can tell, either these people need to actually learn and process the information they are getting better or they are trolls. They don't have to agree with the majority of the world, but their lack of understanding of the world around them baffles me completely. They make no argumentation worthy of response, but yet their comments are a bit baffling and infuriating.

I could just see these people during the Revolutionary War of the USA "What exactly do these rebels want anyhow? I wish they would stop throwing hissy fits... the King is going to be really pissed."

Either these posters like being laughed at for their ignorance - or they are trolling the thread.
edit on 2/10/2011 by kroms33 because: Some of... not alot... most of you have common sense (thank YOU!)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
PS: The title of this form should be changed to: Mubarak NOT stepping down tonight.

As that is the case, also just to clarify, he will only delegate CERTAIN roles to his side panel, including the V.P of Egypt.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
We also have to put ourselves in the shoes of the Egyptians, who have been making headline news for almost 20 days now.

How can any other country not want to laugh at a system who has the people,. but no power to run the people?
How can anyone running within that government want to stay in "power" without any electricity to generate that power?

Egypt is about to explode!

What is next for the Egyptian people? A complete and utter overthrown government?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

It is only silly when you have lived your life with no responsibilities beyond your own daily life, and just have a “I want it and I want it now” lifestyle. When you don’t know the stuff that goes on behind the scenes that makes the day to day world possible. When you have actually went through and had the responsibility of maintaining the world around you, building something from scratch and finishing it through to completion, and being responsible for other people’s lives, then it is not a silly question. Not a silly question at all.

It is a basic lesson of life that is drilled into our heads every time we deal with the realities of life when you are the one in charge of something happening, and you are responsible for it’s outcome. We can want it to happen all we want, but how are you going to get it done after the fact, is the question.

It is something the protesters do not comprehend.

When we deal with a change of power in a government of a country, we need details. DETAILS!!!!!!!! DETAILS!!!!!!!!!

The only details I have seen is from mubarak. The protesters just have “wants, wants wants!!!!!!!!”

The protesters are being incredibly short sighted on this, and something is driving that short sightedness from the outside.

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join