It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mubarak stepping down tonight/transfers power didn't step down/Steps down Feb 11,

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I don't twitter, so any significant announcements from there would be greatly appreciated.

link   
BBC just confirmed army to make a statement at some point. from army source

link   

Originally posted by Juston
I have so much respect for these people. They demand change...take to the streets proudly waiving and displaying their flag...to me that speaks volumes.

Whereas whenever an American decides to protest, the stay at home and burn theirs...

Agreed. They identify with Egypt and know that they are Egypt and not Hosni. Here, we tricked ourselves into thinking that the government is the US and dissenters are not. Great point.

link   
reply to post by asala

The VP is just as bad as Mubarak, maybe even worse...
edit on 10-2-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Could turn out to be not only a mistake, but an opportunity for the radical Islams to be put into power

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I don't twitter, so any significant announcements from there would be greatly appreciated.

Hi BH!!!

You don't have to be a member of twitter to see a trend....

This link should work for you: Realtime results for #jan25

Here's another link I just stumbled on.. egypt.hypercities.com...
Tweets are showing up from locations around the map.

edit on 10-2-2011 by OneisOne because: add another link......

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

This IS your fight!

This is a fight we must ALL fight.

They are not just Egyptians, they are humans, people, citizens, parents, children, the future, the past.

We are ALL part of this and taking a sideline affords you no sympathy in any oppression towards your own life.

Take this lesson they teach us and live it every day.

This isn't my fight...sorry.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by devildogUSMC

An Egyptian man just proclaimed on cnn "give me liberty or give me death" I saw the sincerity in this eyes. I am literally tearing up right now.

I know...I feel the same way. I'm in awe when I think about how gutsy those protestors really are. Amazing to watch and I have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach when I think of the potential for violence. I tell myself that the world is watching, it can't get that bad.

link   
While angry, many protesters are deliberating right action to take re: tomorrow's protests. #Jan25 #Egypt

link   
this from twitter not sure what it means:

"Turns out most troops in #Egypt had to turn in their ammo. The gov't didn't trust them not to aim the "wrong" direction"

link   

TurtleWoman777 RT @AlaaShaker: #Mubarak's speech not only insulted the intelligence of the #Egyptians, but also the army, UN, US & the WHOLE world! #Jan25 #Egypt

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
This was wrong. This is what you all get for following MSM.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
My perception is that Mubarak is not choosing to remain in power simply because he is stubborn. Israel and Saudi Arabia are two countries, along with others, that have a determining voice in Mubarak's decisions. They have a strong influence on whether he stays or goes. Israel is noticably quiet, but behind the scenes they are voicing their concerns loudly because their security is in deep jeopardy. King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia has already asked that Obama not humiliate Mubarak. This is what Brezinski (sp?) would describe as "The Grand Chessboard".

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

RT @bencnn: Crowds surrounding state TV #egypt #jan25

: A man who blamed Al Jazeera for revolution and not his people's demands for freedom is not the man to lead #Egypt towards democracy #Jan25

link   
He is not stepping down, in fact in his address, he said i wont step down but i will pass few responsibilities to vice president.

link   
How reliable are these updates from twitter?

Couldn't it just be a random person making stuff up? Or are there specific accounts you guys are following?

link   

safayasmin RT @weddady: So dear friends, u see what "moderate Arab regimes" are all about? #Jan25

link   

Let me clarify something. We r not leaving #tahrir sq, we r adding TV building 2 d liberated zone

Does that mean protesters are taking over state television?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
twitter.com...

hit refresh and you can see for yourself

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

: #Mubarak says he wants to be buried under the soil of #Egypt.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join