It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mubarak stepping down tonight/transfers power didn't step down/Steps down Feb 11,

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Sator

Yes thats the problem. One leaves and another is put in place. No doubt the next one will also be backed by the west. No change there if thats the case.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

I have the feeling, that this sudden news, is just an attempt by Mubarak and US/Israel Officials, to try and quell the protests. Nothing more. I still say, something isn't right about all this.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Shame the lowlife didn't step down 2 weeks ago when he saw his people getting injured/beaten/run over in the protests IMO.
Still better late than never,I just hope the people get a decent leadership for once,but won't hold my breath..

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala
The information minister has just told reauters that the president is not stepping down.... So hold on to your hats!

So more

Hurry up and wait.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
According to the reuters news wire the information minister is telling them that the president will not step down and the media is just causing a rumor,

If this is not going to happen then this is just going to fuel the fire of the protesters! I think it will get very ugly if he now does not step down tonight.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

A very true comment by a girl in egypt on my facebook,

Mubarak stepping down is only a small win. The VP is just as bad, if not worse. Will he leave behind a military state? Will many ppl go home and leave these young protesters undefended? Will the world turn away and leave them unprotected? Will the masses of media covering the story be reduced in numbers? We must ...keep watching. The Egyptian people demand the removal of the regime, a new democracy. Mubarak leaving is not all that this will take.

I agree with her 100%. The VP was formerly the head of the Egyptian Intelligence who I would assume was overseeing the rendition and torture programs orchestrated by their Police. They absolutely cannot accept him as their new president. If I were them, I would be demanding his ouster as well.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Mubarak has travelled to Sharm el-Sheikh with his army chief of staff

Egyptian official to Reuters: "It is not decided yet" if Mubarak will resign. "It is still in negotiation

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

Wow, and CNN is still saying He's stepping down and the VP is taking over. CNN is still running it as a Breaking News story. Our MSM is getting really ballsy, if they're running with a rumor this huge. Of course, I think the days are gone when MSM cared about any amount of reputation and credibility.
edit on 2/10/2011 by MadDogtheHunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadDogtheHunter
reply to post by asala

Wow, and CNN is still saying He's stepping down and the VP is taking over. CNN is still running it as a Breaking News story. Our MSM is getting really ballsy, if they're running with a rumor this huge. Of course, I think the days are gone when MSM cared about any amount of reputation and credibility.
edit on 2/10/2011 by MadDogtheHunter because: (no reason given)

Its a case of who knows right now, And some stating that there comparing this Information minister to Baghdad bob,

More wires coming in

Egyptian PM: Mubarak "is in his position. Everything is normal. Everything is still in the hands of the President

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

Thanks for the updates. I guess this is developing right before our eyes thanks to the link you provided and I agree with you that this could get nasty if he doesn't go tonight. At this point, I think that the protestors can taste success and they're not about to give in now, it's all or nothing for them.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

If this is not going to happen then this is just going to fuel the fire of the protesters! I think it will get very ugly if he now does not step down tonight.

Totally agree. Mubarak not stepping aside now, I fear, will cause total chaos in Egypt. I have to wonder though, if thats not what was planned with the start of this possible rumor.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Mubarek recently nominated Suleiman as Vice President, so it's hard to imagine the Egyptians buy into this bait and switch nonsense. Of what I have read, since this protest erupted, the Egyptians don’t want Mubarak or Suleiman in power.

Al Jazeera is indicating the Egyptian council has met without the presence of Mubarek and is a clear indication he is no longer in power. The Prime Minister is stating Mubarek is still in power though.

edit on 10-2-2011 by Regenmacher because: typo

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
"Unconfirmed Reports That Mubarak Has Left Cairo

Al Arabiya is reporting that Mubarak has traveled to the Red Sea

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

Excelent post/quote.

Last setence says it all.

And what I fear for our Egyptian brothers and sisters is that, as soon as Mubarak is gone, the media will spin the whole story to a "popular win, and now everything is perfect in Egypt".

Peace

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Another live stream from ABC,

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
the powers that be are vibrating-in-place & setting up a near future handover of governmnt...

if one can trust MSM at least a bit...the transfer model seems to be:

The United States government's scenario for an end to the political chaos in Egypt appears to be this: President Hosni Mubarak travels to Germany for a "prolonged health check" that would offer the 82-year-old a dignified departure. Over the weekend, the New York Times reported that secret talks to that effect were being held between the US government and Egyptian military officials.

According to information obtained by SPIEGEL ONLINE, plans for a possible hospital stay in Germany are far more concrete than had been assumed so far...

Der Spiegel seems more open/honest/forthright tan any MSM in the USA IMHO...

Possible Exile in Germany
Clinic Near Baden-Baden Considered For Mubarak
By Björn Hengst and Christoph Schwennicke

Currently, Mubarak is residing in the Egyptian Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh in a holiday villa. Politicians from Germany's center-right coalition government under Chancellor Angela Merkel have said in recent days they were open to a hospital stay by Mubarak in Germany.

"We need a peaceful transition in Egypt. If Germany can make a constructive contribution in an international framework, we should receive Hosni Mubarak -- if he wants that," said Andreas Schockenhoff, a senior member of Chancellor Angela Merkel's conservative Christian Democratic Union (CDU) party.

Elke Hof, security policy spokeswoman for the business-friendly Free Democratic Party, the junior coalition partner to the CDU, said: "I would welcome an early departure by Mubarak if this can contribute to stabilizing the situation in Egypt

the German nation is sure stepping up to the plate in daily geo-politics &^ such...
along with Germany being the possible exile land of a very rich ex-leader of Egypt...
the Germans' are rumored to be in the process of buying up the NYSE-Euronex Stock
operations in Europe.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
So the protestors are told he is leaving and now they are told he is not leaving. What was this all about - trying to calm the protestors and then flare them up again more than ever.

I think the entire scene will change now - most likely before night fall.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenmacher

NBC News reported that a high-ranking source inside the president's office said that Mubarak would step down and the newly appointed vice president, Omar Suleiman, would take over. This was then confirmed by a second source.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

You are right. I doubt the Egyptian people will accept Omar Suleiman as the leader. He has been Mubarak's right hand man for years. It would just be more of the same.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Comments from people there, Via my facebook page,

‎4 possible outcomes we need to be prepared for if Mubarak really steps down – not all of these options are good…
1. Mubarak steps down for Suliman – this means he would have all the rights of the President and could hold until September according to Constitution (Not sure we can go home of this happens)
2. He steps dow...n to the head of the Maglas el Shaab will hold power – then there will be elections in 60 days
3. The Military takes power – Marshall Law until we can have elections
4. He steps down and actually meets the demands … Hmmm
The key is to be prepared! We need the removal of WHOLE REGIME

News wire latest

Al Jazeera says state TV building has been partly evacuated over fears that protesters will storm it

ABOARD AIR FORCE ONE (AP) — White House spokesman: 'Fluid' situation in Egypt, no comment on Mubarak's plans.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

This all reminds me so much of all the old Bush Rhetoric....Put info out there, take it back, send it out again then do a dance around it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join