It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mubarak stepping down tonight/transfers power didn't step down/Steps down Feb 11,

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by xavi1000

I suspect Mubarak won't leave Egypt; he will just go in to retirement, not exile.

You wanna bet ?
He will leave the country for sure

link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

The Supreme Chiefs of the Military will bring in the right people to write up a new Egyptian Constitution. The rest of the world have to understand it will take a year to sort things out but an interim govt will convene until late in the year when full democratic elections will take place. Don't expect a magic wand within days or months.

link   
Statment from the brotherhood

Muslim Brotherhood tells Reuters it fears a military coup. "It looks like a military coup ... I feel worry and anxiety."

link   
He's still going to be making all the decisions... This guy can't give up his power. That's all he has, that's his life. He will appoint one of his puppets to lead the country. The Egyptian people are not easily fooled and I suspect things will get a lot uglier very soon.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

reply to post by NOTurTypical

The ministers are NOT in charge; they are finished! Don't listen to them.....the Supreme Court of Military Chiefs IS in charge now!

Wow, why are you yelling? Secondly, I said the job of Information Ministers is one of propaganda. That statement should tell you I don't trust what they are saying.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
State TV say The president will speak live tonight from Cairo, And it will not be a recorded statement

Al Arabiya: A meeting between Mubarak and Suleiman in the presidency headquarters

edit on 10-2-2011 by asala because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

An hour from now approx?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

Omar Suleiman is GONE and so has their Prime Minister! The whole regrime will be gone.

State TV alleges Mubarak's speech is expected to be live.......but thats not going to happen because my sources in Alexandria told me Mubarak is not at his presidential palace in Alexandria.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Al Jazeera: President to address nation as Live from Cairo at the Palace.

So doesn't look like he is planning to fully step down.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Yep just over an hour

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

I don't think so; I'm positive and more optimistic probably because I know the Egyptians and their culture well enough to know they are NOT going to go the same way of Tunisia......or Iran!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

reply to post by asala

Omar Suleiman is GONE and so has their Prime Minister! The whole regrime will be gone.

State TV alleges Mubarak's speech is expected to be live.......but thats not going to happen because my sources in Alexandria told me Mubarak is not at his presidential palace in Alexandria.

It will be interesting to see what happens,

Major officials are stating that they are "Expecting" this to be his first live statement since this all began,

But guess we will just have to wait and see!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenmacher

The Presidential Palace is in ALEXANDRIA, not Cairo !!!!!!

The Military's head office is in Cairo.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
TV: Pres. Hosni Mubarak meeting with Vice President Omar Suleiman in the presidential headquarters

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

The question is where ? Montenegro , England ,Sweden
edit on 10-2-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
My devil's advocate side would say, it's all a set up to get them to riot. Mubarek will demand they disperse or be shot. The military and police jump in for the crack down and they usher in a military junta under Mubarek's control.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
My devil's advocate side would say, it's all a set up to get them to riot. Mubarek will demand they disperse or be shot. The military and police jump in for the crack down and they usher in a military junta under Mubarek's control.

Those are my unsettling thoughts as well.
The people of Egypt and everyone in the world, for that matter, deserve peace and stability.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

When I said uglier, I meant bloodier. I can see things getting out of hand, but in the end I see a true revolution taking place with Mubarak no longer in power. We are in agreeance.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Al jazeera English show footage of the president and his vice in talks which are said to still be ongoing,

english.aljazeera.net...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Breaking via live news wires

Mubarak is now meeting with PM Shafik

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join