It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rise of the Anti-Christ

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
reply to post by Revealation

I agree with you that there is such a thing as "evil."

Christ gave humanity the Lords Prayer and the last line is "deliver us from evil."

I don't think Christ lies.

Absolutely Christ does not lie.

The point of this thread was to address the Anti-Christ. The "evil" is the systems of iniquity we have built up around us through the "Anti-Christ" within us all.

God did not create evil, Man did by judging each other rather than loving each other.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Another thread that feigns piousness and humility.

Then proceeds to be filled with a bunch of people who profess to know the one true path and/or a god's will.

When will you learn ?

I'll leave you with this from a man I respected. Issac Asimov :

“If I am right, then [religious fundamentalists] will not go to Heaven, because there is no Heaven. If THEY are right, then they will not go to Heaven, because they are hypocrites.”

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Once, I bought all that Jesus stuff. "The word of God is Perfect" and all the other things that Bible thumper say. I realized that it was a mirage -- the Bible is a conflicting, confusing document which is meaningless unless you have someone tell you "what it means". Those experts rarely agree -- although, in order to maintain a "Christian Front", they say they agree.

I realized that the Bible was "Boring Bull", used to keep those who aren't interested in standing in front of the sheep in line.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Sorry but this is a bit flawed. Judge not so that you yourself will not be judged.

A sad attempt to dissect and diminish a wonderful and much needed message.

And I say this with the utmost respect and consideration for your position.

I judge because I am so far from perfect...but if I were I would not judge either

It is not flawed if you dig deeper into it. Seriously, what is love? Isn't it unconditional for humanity from God? Would not an unconditional love for humanity accept the wrongs that it commits?
How can you judge a people who are intellectually benieth Godly status? This would be like me standing above an ant hill - judging them... a lower life form.

If there is a Godly unconditional love, from such a superior being - judgement is not an issue... Humanity judges itself, but attributes that to God because we lack understanding of this deity. How can humanity determine (judge) what God wants if we are intellectually inferior? We can't.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by kroms33
I have issue with much of what you have stated because logically it is a bit flawed.

I am ok with this my friend. Where is it flawed?

Also, I have been skimming through this thread and it does seem you are following a dogma that you perceive to know everything – thus answering for God, and judging others (making you part of your anti-Christ philosophy).

I have judge no one in this thread. I have asked questions. You can look within and answer them, then be your own judge.

While Christ was of peace, love, he also was judging people – so when you say that people need to live their lives like Christ, it kind of negates your ideology.

Really?

Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go. 15Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man. 16And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me. 1

So he judged no Man, but if he did his judgement would be true because he came with the Father. Where is the Father? EVERYWHERE. Even within you. Thus, be your own judge of yourself, but judge others as you would be judged.

You know who else stated “Love is the Law”? Aleister Crowley. :shk:

So?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by kroms33

Love is a lot of things like Zero score in tennis. I once heard a rapper type explain that Love was used by men to get sex, and women use sex to get love.

Hate is also useful and I might say, Godly. I hate all those crooks on Wall Street. I hate dishonest public officials and dishonest corporate execs -- and many more who deserve.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

All I can say is NAMASTE

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
www.cyberspaceorbit.com...

Isn't it one of the reasons for the cover-up. As though nobody wants angels
and Jesus.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Noncompatible

Then proceeds to be filled with a bunch of people who profess to know the one true path and/or a god's will.

When will you learn ?

“If I am right, then [religious fundamentalists] will not go to Heaven, because there is no Heaven. If THEY are right, then they will not go to Heaven, because they are hypocrites.”

I have not told anyone what path to follow my friend. The point of the post is to love one another and stop judging each other. If you cannot see the wisdom in that I am sorry. The Father is within YOU. Follow your own path to him. While you are traveling your path and others travel theirs, love one another.

Failure to do so only leads to the destructive hate filled world we live in now. If you are happy with it, keep it.

As to Heaven, it is right here in front of us. It is up to us to build it.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecondComing
reply to post by IAMIAM

Once, I bought all that Jesus stuff. "The word of God is Perfect" and all the other things that Bible thumper say. I realized that it was a mirage -- the Bible is a conflicting, confusing document which is meaningless unless you have someone tell you "what it means". Those experts rarely agree -- although, in order to maintain a "Christian Front", they say they agree.

I realized that the Bible was "Boring Bull", used to keep those who aren't interested in standing in front of the sheep in line.

Trust no man, they are liars. Do not even trust me my friend. Use your own heart to discern the truth. If you find the Bible as meaningless, fine.

Do you wish to be loved by others? If so, then you must extend love to others.

It is simple. Use your own heart to discern the truth. God is within you. He speaks to YOU.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loki Lyesmyth
All I can say is NAMASTE

Namaste to you my friend!

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Do you believe in temptation; if nothing else, the temptation to play God in judging one's own self or neighbor's behavior as good or bad?

Aren't you judging judgers when you condemn them as the "anti-Christ"? Judging unforgiveness (condemnation of the soul) as being in conflict with Jesus' teaching is correct; but judging Christians for exercising judgement of good and evil is inappropriate. Condemning others to the status of the "anti-Christ" for the act of judging right actions from wrong actions would appear to me as assuming God's realm of power - condemning others to hell; pronouncing them the anti-Christ. You imply, if it feels bad to sinners when a Christian condemns sinful behavior it an action of the anti-Christ. Actually, sin causes a lot of bad feelings and all suffering in the world. To advise someone to stop sinful behavior and do something else that is good, is love not hate. That was central to all Christ's teachings. He was teaching Christians how to be.

Can one forgive on a human level and even pray for God to forgive on a soul level the offender (pray for your enemies) as Christians should do, but if there is no recognition of right and wrong - no judgement - how can forgiveness and prayers for forgiveness be warrented? In other words, to forgive implies there is a hurtful or harmful action that has been committed and that must be forgiven. To determine an action is wrong, one must exercise judgement of right versus wrong. To repent, one must come to terms with the sin and that involves feeling bad about it - for what it has done to hurt you and what it has done to hurt others. I don't know about you, but recognizing sin within my own behavior brings about negative feelings in the process of repentence. I not only have to come to terms with how I have hurt myself, but also how I have offended God and other people affected by my sin. When I turn it over to God for forgivness and truly beleive what Jesus taught about forgiveness of the soul for those who repent, that is quite a healing because I am truly released from that sin. It is undone and I am free to try again - "to go and sin no more." But that is between me and God and not up to anyone else to decide God's forgiveness or condemnation of me.

Do you believe in the ten commandments? Some believe Jesus discounted the ten commandments when he said if you treat others the way you want to be treated, you will fulfill all commandments of God. But in this golden rule commandment, he put even more of a burden upon Christians to behave in a Godly manner in life which requires discernment in every decision we make and discernment requires sound judgement upon which course to take and which course of action to advise others to take. These discernments are complex; not often black and white. But all of them require judgement of right and wrong.

A Christian is expected by Christ's golden rule commandment to love the theif; but he is also required to reject theft for it is in violation of the golden rule to treat others as you would want to be treated. Separating the human from the sin is necessary for fogiveness of ourselves and others; but denying the existence of sin is not possible if forgiveness is a part of the equation. Recognizing sin is a process of exercising judgement. No one can fulfill the golden rule if they do not exercise sound judgement of right and wrong behaviors and actions.

When we recognize right behavior from wrong behavior in ourselves and others, that is called exercising judgement. I think what you might be saying is that it is a sin for Christians to condmen souls to hell which is what you did in naming people "anti-Christ." You have no idea the condition of the people's souls in Christian history to condemn them as "anti-Christs." You have no idea if they repented to God or not; you have no idea if God wanted the crusaders to push back on Islam expanding rule or not. That is in the realm of God's power over human souls only; not yours.

Christians are playing God when they condemn souls to hell. For example, although a Christian might recognize sodomy as sin, the condemnation to hell of homosexuals is within the power of God and not man because only God knows the person's heart and path. But judgement of right and wrong; good or bad in all it's shades of gray is necessary as a basis for forgiveness and healing. On a soul level in dealing with God's forgiveness repentance - recognizing sin and turning away from it is necessary. It is necessary so that we do fulfill the golden rule of Christ. But ultimately the decisions of forgiveness and condemnation at a soul level is up to God and Christians who condemn or forgive the soul are playing gods. Like you did when you named anyone who judges right and wrong the anti-Christ. Since Jesus himself recognized right from wrong behaviors and recognized evil and it's temptation, you condemned him as the "anti-Christ."

When Jesus protected the prostitute from stoning, he was judging the behavior or mentality of the judgers for thinking they had the power to condemn the prostitute to hell for her sin. At the same time, he turned to her and said "go and sin no more." So there is a difference between judgement of sin and condemnation to hell of the sinner. Obviously, Jesus was not pretending that prostitution is not wrong nor that there is no evil when he told the stoners to back off. He recognized the sin and in love for her, he advised her to repent - to stop hurting herself and others with that sinful behavior. However, he rejected man's power of condemnation of the woman's soul because that is in the realm of God's power. He fogave her the sin and did not condemn her to hell teaching the process of of human repentance and soul forgiveness. He told her to sin no more.

Every action of sin or righteousness creates good or bad consequences in life; it is natural law. It is cruel for Christans to pretend this is not true and to confuse sound judgement and the teaching of truth in world with soul level condemnation. There is no judgement or advice of God in the Bible that you can not find actual scientifically measurable consequences in terms of good results versus destructive results in a man's life and in it's positive or negative effect on the society. This is where the truth of "love the sinner but reject the sin" comes from. That is even true for the ones you condemn as "anti-Christs."

God Bless you and thanks for the chance to discuss this important issue in the practice of Christianity.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Something more to the item from the old good sites:

jesusphotos.altervista.org...

I found it long before here:

mmmgroup.altervista.org...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

reply to post by rusethorcain

Sorry but this is a bit flawed. Judge not so that you yourself will not be judged.

A sad attempt to dissect and diminish a wonderful and much needed message.

And I say this with the utmost respect and consideration for your position.

I judge because I am so far from perfect...but if I were I would not judge either

It is not flawed if you dig deeper into it. Seriously, what is love? Isn't it unconditional for humanity from God? Would not an unconditional love for humanity accept the wrongs that it commits?
How can you judge a people who are intellectually benieth Godly status? This would be like me standing above an ant hill - judging them... a lower life form.

If there is a Godly unconditional love, from such a superior being - judgement is not an issue... Humanity judges itself, but attributes that to God because we lack understanding of this deity. How can humanity determine (judge) what God wants if we are intellectually inferior? We can't.

Would not unconditional love for humanity accept the wrongs that it commits?

No. Absolutely not. "Accepts" indicates a taking in rather than a rejection. You can reject an action without rejecting an individual.

Here is an example...
In an attempt to bring about a "blank slate" in your mind during meditation you are asked to push all thoughts away but one.
If the bothersome thoughts arise, indeed any thoughts arise, you are asked to gently push them aside.
Do not entertain them. Neither judge yourself from having them ...but ignore them. Basically we are asked to ignore those "other" thoughts and focus on the ONE.

Same with this...focusing on LOVE you must ignore everything that does not fit in with it. You do not actually accept wrong but you ignore it and move past it. Accept in the manner that means acknowledge and move on.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I think it comes down to one simple thing. Are you for loving the human race or are you against it because you have to accept the whole human race if you are of the God of Jesus.

I believe in community and helping my fellow man/woman, child or at least sympathizing with them.

It doesn't matter who you are, you are a child of God and deserve his love and you deserve to love yourself is a part of the whole as well.

Peace and Welfare to all humans because we all suffer everyday and we don't need anymore hatred. Time to love ourselves and give ourselves a break too if we are not perfect. We don't have to be perfect servants of God but we do have to love ourselves no matter what.

That is a key in loving the world of God I believe. I believe that loving yourself no matter what is akin to loving humanity as a whole. Peace-Muzeamy

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Trust no man, they are liars. Do not even trust me my friend. Use your own heart to discern the truth. If you find the Bible as meaningless, fine. Do you wish to be loved by others? If so, then you must extend love to others. It is simple. Use your own heart to discern the truth. God is within you. He speaks to YOU. With Love, Your Brother

What ritualistic baloney. All men are not liars. Do I wish to be loved by others? What a silly statement. By some, not by others. What you say as "Simple" is "Simple" only for a simple, stupid man. Ten pages of your baloney is 9.9 pages to much.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Originally posted by Noncompatible

When will you learn ?

I have not told anyone what path to follow my friend. The point of the post is to love one another and stop judging each other. If you cannot see the wisdom in that I am sorry. The Father is within YOU. Follow your own path to him. While you are traveling your path and others travel theirs, love one another.

Failure to do so only leads to the destructive hate filled world we live in now. If you are happy with it, keep it.

As to Heaven, it is right here in front of us. It is up to us to build it.

With Love,

Your Brother

"You have not told", followed by the declaration, "The father is within you" sounds like a declaration of insight to me. This then followed by the classic reward/punishment conditioning of "Failure to do so..........."

Are you trying to gain tax-exempt status IAMIAM ? Because it sure sounds like religious dogma to me.

Seems to me you you cannot keep your own head straight regarding your enlightenment.

And ponder this:

"The belief that there is only one truth and that oneself is in possession of it seems to me the deepest root of all evil that is in the world."

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sara123123

Aren't you judging judgers when you condemn them as the "anti-Christ"?

I don't think anyone person or group was condemned as the "anti-Christ" but rather stating that attitudes and beliefs can be and are literally "anti" Christ. At least that is how I took it.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SecondComing

What does your name mean?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Noncompatible

"The belief that there is only one truth and that oneself is in possession of it seems to me the deepest root of all evil that is in the world."

I couldn't agree more. IamIam is in love with the God "Iam .. a Christian", "Iam .... a sheep". I don't won't be an "Iam" to anything.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join