It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things that give you the heebie jeebies but you dont know why

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SamusAran
There is nothing to fear but fear itself.

Back to the post, Videos and pictures of ghosts always make the hair stand up on my neck.

I remember watching a video on youtube which I later found out was one of those freaking videos where a picture pops up along with a high-pitched blood curdling scream. In this case it was a picture of the exorcist girl.

I was afraid to get on the computer with lights out and door close for about 2 months after that.

I hear ya, and I agree that has happened to me as well, and worse yet, directly after getting a wierd ominous message typed into my chat box on POGO when I had not yet began to type...it said M here. That scared me and a day later I caught one of those vids, not funny and I think the idiots who post them should be SHOT!!!!

edit on 6-2-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I get completely sick when I see a blue color that may be the same as yours. I hate this color. It almost physically makes me ill if I see it. I have called this color "casket blue" since I was maybe 5. The thing is, though, I really cannot remember anything that would've caused me to hate the color or why I've always referred to it as casket blue. I didn't attend my first funeral until I was well after 18 yrs old. The blue is a very light, almost greyish blue. Just..terrible looking.

I'm also incredibly afraid of wind mills. Not the wooden, Heidi kind of wind mills, the tall, steel industrial wind mills. I can't look at them, even in pictures. And I didn't grow up near anything like that. It sounds really ridiculous, and I don't know where these fears came from, but I feel your pain

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I guess seeing one weird thing you might be able to blow off as coincidence, but then it happens again and then one more time and you start feeling something creepy is going on. Last night I mentioned to someone that I once had a dust devil form around me and move with me. The girl I was talking to said she once had a dust devil form around her too. Now that is getting creepy. I'm thinking she must be lying but she wasn't smiling when she said that. If true though, she would be the only other person I know of that saw a dust devil form around themselves. Then I thought, if I think she was probably lying, then many probably think I'm lying. The only way to prove it to everyone would be to film these events but then how do you manifest paranormal events for the camera? If you could do that, it would imply you are causing it. Maybe one of these days, I will attempt to record the paranormal.

I remember a couple of years ago I read the stock market or SP500 had an intraday low of 666.79 and then I thought, we need a new low, it seems creepy stopping on my birthday. Well 4 out of 5 numbers. That's not as creepy as buying something from the grocery store and the amount totals up to $6.66. That happened to me on two or 3 occasions. Or your change rings up to be $6.66. I believe the clerk looked at me funny when that first happened. I guess it really is just another number that doesn't really mean anything. It's only people trying to make a number mean something that come up with all these conspiracy theories.

I always thought it was creepy when a total stranger starts talking to and starts telling you things will get better when they know nothing about you. It turned out they were right. Then a couple of times you hear strange songs on the radio as if you're getting a demonic song message. Sometimes it makes you feel like demons and angels are communicating to see which path you'll choose. The angels encourage you, the demons makes you think you're already on the wrong path and that there's no turning back now. One of the creepiest songs on the radio I heard was just a song talking about "You're going to burn in hell" I don't know who the artist is or what group sings that song. It just seemed weird. I suspect a local college radio station was playing it but I don't clearly remember anymore. I suspect it never made the top of the chart song list. I do not find that part mysterious.
edit on 7-2-2011 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
For me it's Styrofoam I don't know why but the way it feels and the noise it makes makes me shiver and want to throw up.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

Just ignore this i accidentally hit the reply button.
edit on 7-2-2011 by hillyspic01 because: computer goofed

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by acabforcalloway
I get completely sick when I see a blue color that may be the same as yours. I hate this color. It almost physically makes me ill if I see it. I have called this color "casket blue" since I was maybe 5. The thing is, though, I really cannot remember anything that would've caused me to hate the color or why I've always referred to it as casket blue. I didn't attend my first funeral until I was well after 18 yrs old. The blue is a very light, almost greyish blue. Just..terrible looking.

I'm also incredibly afraid of wind mills. Not the wooden, Heidi kind of wind mills, the tall, steel industrial wind mills. I can't look at them, even in pictures. And I didn't grow up near anything like that. It sounds really ridiculous, and I don't know where these fears came from, but I feel your pain

Ive just googled casket blue and that is the exact colour that freaks me out. The colour I posted up earlier was the closest I could fine, but casket blue is the colour. I had never been been to a funeral before I was 16 and I was freaked by that colour long before then. The few funerals I have been to or have seen the coffin is usually polished wood colour anyway, not casket blue colour. Weird!

I see some have mentioned about memories from a past life, I've always fancied trying out regression sometime but Im on the fence whether you actually are seeing a past life or its just the mind playing tricks like a dream.

Another thing that I fear is scuba diving in open water. Im not afraid of water, I can swim, but I would never go diving. Just by watching someone on TV diving under water where there is just a mass of empty water and you cant see that far into the distance freaks the hell out of me, anything could be lurking not too far away. But thats just what I think
Maybe the fear of that blue colour and the sea are linked.

Oh and when i was younger I was petrified of Pinocchio, I had a pinocchio doll that scared the bejesus out of my but I'll not go into that
. Pinocchio doesnt bother me now though
edit on 7-2-2011 by Paulos because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
The beach..oceans..lakes etc

I can't properly describe it, but when I go to a beach I feel a connection...Like I'm meant to be there. I could never live far from the beach in my life. I could spend hours (especially at night) watching the waves and just thinking about whats going on underwater or far out to sea.I imagine all of the fish, whales, sharks and debris under the water, all hidden..It intrigues me but creeps me out at the same time.

I cannot watch movies where there is a shipwreck...the horrible sounds the boat makes as it goes under makes me feel dizzy and nauseated.

I hate the look of fish..I hate being near fishtanks and watching them.

I sometimes play World Of Warcraft and cannot do the underwater missions, I just can't.

I don't know, maybe I drowned in a past life ?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by cwt8466
Here we go:

Veins in my arm, but just the blue ones. Thinking about the fact that the blood is "used"...bleh.

Being touched. I can shake hands (sometimes), my wife can touch me (obviously), but brush up against me or try and have physical contact with me, I recoil like I am on fire!

Tomatoes. The texture is waaay too flesh-like.

Even numbers. Everything has to have an odd number, i.e.: 3 icecubes, 1 scoop of ice cream, 5 pairs of shoes, etc.

The backside of a mirror.

The feel of a popsicle stick in my mouth *shudder*

I know there is more, but I'm pulling a blank right now...
~C!
edit on 4-2-2011 by cwt8466 because: Just thought of the worst one!!

This I write with love: things you've shared herein are beyond one or two things that give you the creeps. I can relate. You are probably aware that you are dealing with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder traits, and you are also being self-victimized by Irrational Thought(s). Life is short, too short to put up with this. Please my friend, seek professional counseling. It is hard work; it does take time, and it is absolutely worth it. I am speaking from experience in my own life. There is nothing wrong with seeking some help. There are better tomorrows awaiting you, and I wish you the best on your journey.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries

Originally posted by cwt8466
Here we go:

Veins in my arm, but just the blue ones. Thinking about the fact that the blood is "used"...bleh.

Being touched. I can shake hands (sometimes), my wife can touch me (obviously), but brush up against me or try and have physical contact with me, I recoil like I am on fire!

Tomatoes. The texture is waaay too flesh-like.

Even numbers. Everything has to have an odd number, i.e.: 3 icecubes, 1 scoop of ice cream, 5 pairs of shoes, etc.

The backside of a mirror.

The feel of a popsicle stick in my mouth *shudder*

I know there is more, but I'm pulling a blank right now...
~C!
edit on 4-2-2011 by cwt8466 because: Just thought of the worst one!!

This I write with love: things you've shared herein are beyond one or two things that give you the creeps. I can relate. You are probably aware that you are dealing with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder traits, and you are also being self-victimized by Irrational Thought(s). Life is short, too short to put up with this. Please my friend, seek professional counseling. It is hard work; it does take time, and it is absolutely worth it. I am speaking from experience in my own life. There is nothing wrong with seeking some help. There are better tomorrows awaiting you, and I wish you the best on your journey.

Did you try to sound that patronising?

Lighten up - this is a fun thread!

By your reasoning, all of us should be seeking counselling.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

Yes given some answers here mine included we could all do with a session...
Great film - not seen it for years might lookout for the DVD next time I'm in tesco as well

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillyspic01
For me it's Styrofoam I don't know why but the way it feels and the noise it makes makes me shiver and want to throw up.

If you break up Styrofoam cups and eat them, they turn into little glass balls in your stomach. (It's true, my older son used to do it when he was a child...)
Vicky

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
My God, movies made out of clay - (The Nightmare Before Christmas, Wallace and Gromit, stuff like that) have always scared me to death, idk why but they're just creepy beyond belief. I hate them, can't stand them, and have to change the channel or leave the room when they come on.

):

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I am pretty afraid of wasps, as those always seem to want to sting me. I've only been stung a few times. One time a yellow jacket flew into my hair and stung me. I was afraid to thump it out of my hair, and begged my sister to just thump it, but she wouldn't do it, so it stung me on the head.

Then once I was watering flowers and a wasp stung me. Another time I was trying to spray some wasps and one stung me on the hand.

One winter I was woken out of my sleep by a wasp stinging my leg. It hurt so bad I thought my electric blanket was on fire or electrocuting me. I never saw what stung me, but I figured it was a wasp.

So now I just really avoid them. Even if I just see one wasp I get scared.

Also, someone posted pictures of the pope, and yes, he looks very scary to me. He always has this expression on his face that looks evil to me. Maybe he is pretty nice guy, but I wouldn't know. I am not a catholic. I don't need Gods representitive on the earth to show me what God is supposed to be like. All humans are sinners, even the pope.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Ya know what --majorly-- CREEPS me out, are forum trolls. These little goblins that do stuff like, not read the thread and not read peoples' posts, and most of all, NOT view peoples' links, but however, they will pile on with commentary that is nonproductive, insulting to the thread author, and deceptively makes appear that which is totaly not true. Honest, this is no sarcastic troll post itself. I'm genuinely creeped out by those. They sit at their computer and do that stuff.........FOR WHAT PURPOSE? Honest. It genuinely gives me the heebeejeebees. Ick ick ick ick.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Little people. Saw a scary movie as a kid where a bunch of little demons (Little people actors) were coming out of the ground/portal and began attacking. Although, I can watch Wizard of Oz without a problem but if I’m in public and I see a little person walking nearby I create a wide berth and keep going. And don’t even to talk to me about seeing one at night…

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Paulos

I'm so glad I"m not alone with my fear of that color! We should start a "Casket Blue Support Group".

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I have some weird ones, other than the usual clowns, dolls, masks, spiders thing. I hate the word "bulge". It's nothing sexual or anything, I just can't stand it. It's ugly, that's as close as I can come to explaining it.

I don't like it when I'm having dinner with someone at a restaurant and the knife blade is pointing at me, or at my companion. I always shift the knife so the blade is pointing away from people. Everyone finds it weird, but I've always done it.

And OMG I am the same as a couple of the previous posters, where I freeze up if someone knocks on my door or rings my doorbell and I'm not expecting anyone. It seriously freaks me out.

Love this thread, by the way, it's so fascinating to think that these random issues we all have might come from deep-rooted or past-life experiences.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Paulos

This song!!!

When I was a kid, maybe four or five years old, the local YMCA had a sleepover "camp" in New Hampshire, at a place then called "Mystery Hill", now called America's Stonehenge.

Long story short, the teenagers, who were our counselors, regaled us with tales of human sacrifice and ghosts, put us to bed, and promptly disappeared, in mass, leaving about fifty small children unattended all night.

To say we were a tad freaked out, clinging pillows, and wailing for our mommies doesn't sound macho, but it's what happened.

Somehow this song got caught up in all of that, in my memory and mind, and to this day, when I hear it, the sheer terror that I felt that night comes back for a little visit.

~Heff

Teenagers can be cruel.
That would've been a long night.

The Beatles song - Lucy In The Sky always gives me the creeps.

I remember one day as a child going to the video store with my aunt (whenever I visited she would take me to the local video store to pick out a movie to watch later on), before long I found myself in the horror section of the store. Being a kid and not used to seeing gore I was horrified by the graphic images on the video covers (the image of a woman having a shower with blood coming out of the shower head instead of water is the image I remember most). It was at this time when Lucy In The Sky started playing in the background, an otherwise innocent sounding song had now taken on a creepy vibe.

From that moment on whenever I hear Lucy In The Sky I get an uneasy feeling, that image of the woman having a blood shower always pops in my head.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The only one's I can think of is small children/infants near or in water. Freaks me the hell out and I have to leave the area.
And The Wizard of Oz...That's right, the movie. I don't know what it is about the film, but ever since I was little, something about it creeps me out. All the singing little people, the characters..ugh

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Paulos

Those Flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz always scared me.
The scene in Mary Poppons where they people were bouncing off the ceiling and singing I love to laugh.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join