It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things that give you the heebie jeebies but you dont know why

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Ever since as long as I can remember, there is a certain blue colour, its more like a light blue colour, which for some reason creeps me out and gives me the shudders. It could be a car or van, a door, a poster, anything really that is painted that colour and when I see it I instantly shudder.

I have no idea why it does this to me. Its definetly not something new, its happend all through my life. So I was wondering if anyone would know why it does this to me and if anyone else gets the heebie jeebies from something and they cant explain why?

edit on 4-2-2011 by Paulos because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Paulos

What you have written has similar characteristics of someone that is manically depressed, have you suffered from any kind of deep rooted psychosematic trauma in your life that could associate yourself with this colour? perhaps it would be a good idea to talk to someone about this.

There are many people that can help you.

Love and light

FSF

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Im not depressed. I have never suffered from depression. Theres nothing I can think of or remember that could have effected me linking to this colour

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Paulos

sometimes these events are so traumatic our conscious mind shuts it off and the event is stored in our subconscious minds, perhaps a little light hearted meditation will unlock the reason(s) why you are scared of this colour.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I don't like that colour either . Its the colour of the sky on a hot summers day . I don't like summer . Damn heat

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
maybe the color is associated with something else...such as really old lead based paint in a house where an unhappy or sick person lived.
edit on 4-2-2011 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I think everyone has one or more things that creep them out, things that they have no control over. My brother hates overweight people. I mean, they disturb him past the point of rational annoyance; he seethes with rage at people he considers fat.

I don't like foods with seeds on them because the thought of having seed stuck in my teeth bothers me greatly.

Lots of people don't like clowns and I can understand that. Clowns really are creepy and annoying, and they tend to scare children more than entertain them.

I've seen people freak out when they find a hair in their food. Sure, that's gross, but some get so freaked out they lose their appetite.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Paulos

This song!!!

When I was a kid, maybe four or five years old, the local YMCA had a sleepover "camp" in New Hampshire, at a place then called "Mystery Hill", now called America's Stonehenge.

Long story short, the teenagers, who were our counselors, regaled us with tales of human sacrifice and ghosts, put us to bed, and promptly disappeared, in mass, leaving about fifty small children unattended all night.

To say we were a tad freaked out, clinging pillows, and wailing for our mommies doesn't sound macho, but it's what happened.

Somehow this song got caught up in all of that, in my memory and mind, and to this day, when I hear it, the sheer terror that I felt that night comes back for a little visit.

~Heff

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries

I've seen people freak out when they find a hair in their food. Sure, that's gross, but some get so freaked out they lose their appetite.

That's me. When that happens, I can't touch another bite. Also, and I know they're tiny and harmless, MICE. Even a small one in the house, I always leave a light on cause I'm afraid it will get in the bed. Never had is happen, but always worry about it.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
For me it's dogs with very light brown eyes . They always seem to go crazy when I'm around them .

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
[color=lightBlue]Clowns for me and dolls and dolls of clowns and clowns with dolls

Edit to add
and the avatar of the poster below me

edit on 4-2-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
gollywogs

and clowns

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paulos
Ever since as long as I can remember, there is a certain blue colour, its more like a light blue colour, which for some reason creeps me out and gives me the shudders. It could be a car or van, a door, a poster, anything really that is painted that colour and when I see it I instantly shudder.

I have no idea why it does this to me. Its definetly not something new, its happend all through my life. So I was wondering if anyone would know why it does this to me and if anyone else gets the heebie jeebies from something and they cant explain why?

edit on 4-2-2011 by Paulos because: (no reason given)

Birds. Almost all birds, because of their pointy beaks and beady dead little eyes...
Vicky

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I guess I didnt really think before starting this thread, theres loads of things people have phobias about
Clowns and dolls seem to be quite common.

Also spiders make me break out in a sweat but thats just because I dont like them

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
When washing my hair in the shower, closing your eyes to avoid shampoo getting in. I sometimes get the irrational fear that when I wash out the shampoo and open my eyes, my entire shower cabin has moved to a completely different dimension.....

I know.....it's weird.

Peace

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Paulos

Babydolls.

I have always been super creeped out by babydolls. Even as a little kid I never wanted babydolls. I would hide throw them out of my room because I didn't want them looking at me. To this day I get freaked out by them. I don't mind like, regular dolls, but babydolls give me the jeeblies. I don't even like walking by the aisle in the store. They are so gross. Eugh.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paulos

Like an electric/neon blue?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
When I was a kid, there was this white barn down the road and it had a grain silo with an orange top. I couldn't see it during the spring, summer and fall and it was blocked from view by the foliage, but when it was winter and I could see it, that barn terrified me. I don't know why.

Clothing store mannequins creep me out, too.
edit on 4-2-2011 by Junkheap because: Pink and blue fluffy things.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Paulos

Bridges. But not going over bridges... I'm not scared of heights. It's going under them that freaks me out to the point of almost having an anxiety attack. Little interstate overpasses and such don't bother me, but big bridges.... *shiver* I just don't even know!!!

Here is one that is not too far from me and even from this angle, it freaks me the hell out!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d0c7d2e6d84b.jpg[/atsimg]

I also have a fear of large concrete utility poles and water towers, but only concrete water towers. Fortunately, I only know of one concrete water tower in this state. I'm sure there are more, but I don't want to see them.

Oddly enough, my sister shares the very same fears and we have no idea why.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

3 weeks ago was the first time i got this fear of bridges. My legs where just stopping as i was walking across it, i made it across, but since then have not crossed any bridge. It was like i changed as a person at that one event.

I went near a long bridge the other day, and as i was coming near it, i was trying not to think of it, but my legs would not let me walk on it remembering 3 weeks ago. Amazing your body can just freeze,a nd your legs will not walk over a bridge even though your absolutely sure its safe, lol.

Amazing how it works.

On topic my main fear is females, i do not like them, and i cannot and will not ever be around them, apart from my family. This is something i always had and always will. I just do not like females, and do not want interaction with them period, and have learned to live a life without them entering my life.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join