It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things that give you the heebie jeebies but you dont know why

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

Oh my word, I watched hostel too, on the insistence of the guy at the DVD store telling me how great it is, ugh, horrible horrible movie, big mistake.

I tend to classify things like that, that could really happen based on the sickos you get out there, thrillers, and movies based on unrealistic stuff, or at least that you can convince yourself it's unrealistic
like paranormal stuff, as horror.

The book you read was 'Flowers in the attic' by Virginia Andrews, the story actually carries on with the kids after they escaped and the little boy twin dies from the rat poison their mother fed them, there are 4 / 5 books in the series, my mom made me read all of them. (I grew up Afrikaans, so this was for my English so I could be fully bilingual, and these are the only types of books she kept).

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by proof-would-be-good
Little people. Saw a scary movie as a kid where a bunch of little demons (Little people actors) were coming out of the ground/portal and began attacking. Although, I can watch Wizard of Oz without a problem but if I’m in public and I see a little person walking nearby I create a wide berth and keep going. And don’t even to talk to me about seeing one at night…

OMG that has just reminded me of one of the scariest films i ever saw and it was because of the tiny old woman at the end who turned round and we got to see the face....YIKES! that was frightening..The film was called Dont Look Back

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by camymyle

Oh, I know what you mean. It's actually called "Don't Look Now" and is with Donald Sutherland. He's a restaurateur of historic buildings and in the beginning of the movie his little daughter drowns in the lake by their house, wearing a hooded red raincoat. He and his wife are devastated; to forget about their grief, he takes a job/project to restore an old church in Venice, Italy, where at the time the news report there's a serial killer on the loose. He keeps seeing a little figure in a red raincoat running away or vanishing around corners, apparently the ghost of his daughter. He and his wife meet those two creepy old ladies who are clairvoyant and tell his wife he's in grave danger and needs to be careful.

The whole atmosphere of the movie is very eerie... all kinds of weird omens and seemingly supernatural things happen, e.g., he keeps seeing gondolas with coffins on them and stuff. In the end he sees that little red-hooded figure again and runs after it, and when he finally traps it, it turns around and it's the ugliest, most horrendous little gnome -- with a humongous knife -- and it giggles and slashes his throat. End of story.

I love that movie, even though it scares the # out of me. I even went to great lengths to order it on the Internet; took me a very long time to find a copy.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

That said, the "Body Snatchers" movie with Donald Sutherland gives me the creeps too... but really only the end. Anyway, I won't spoil another movie for y'all.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Things that give you the heebie jeebies but you dont know why.

Mother in law, just some underlying condition, can't quite shake the feeling...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Women over 5' 11" and hospitals. No idea as to why.

Don't Look Now.. classic creepy movie.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
things that can pop --balloons and.........ummm....err......well......canned biscuits! I absolutely hate to
open canned biscuits because the "pop"! Yes I know this sounds totally insane
but I hate them!

I have a fear of heights, wolf spiders, and being "Zapped" by someone with too much static electricity in them

aside from that. All is well here in the funny farm

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
What gives me the heebie-geebies?

Even made a thread about it!
Here.

That and getting soap under my fingernails, lol! Makes me shudder!

Enjoy! (I think! Eeeek!)

edit on 25-3-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
For me, Its going up stairs in dim or dark light. I have to run the rest of the way up, because I always feel like evil is behind me, kinda like running after my soul.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
My mom used to go to really loud concerts when she was carrying me, which probably has to do with my fear of loud sounds. I cower in movie theaters, can't stand assholes with balloons and forks, feel sick when I look at anyone else's blood but mine or someone I know, will instinctively kick the face of any big dog that growls at me, can't stand putting my head under the water at the pool because I think it's been contaminated by those floating turds...
I think porcelain dolls are beautiful, even the creepy-looking ones, because I believe they are the ones that demand the most respect and it's a two way street... however, if I do not leave them in a comfortable position or cover them with appropriate doll-sized blankets after I'm done sketching them or whatever, I feel like something bad will happen. Even with wooden Kokeshi dolls, I get this feeling.
As for the shower phobia, it's a nightmare every time I shower. So many things can go wrong... there could be something crawling on the ceiling right on top of you, waiting for you to look up at it... sometimes I even imagine that Slender Man could be sticking his long gangly body over the double curtains to get his kicks... this stems from all the times I've had people walk in on me nekkid and vice versa. This made me really scared of the Splice trailer, which I saw past midnight at a hotel in San Francisco I'd checked into with my family.
Edit to add: I HATE STATIC SHOCKS TOO!!!
Sudden, disturbing images broadcast on television are known for making me almost roll completely backwards in my attempts to recoil! People who don't know I wrestle and have the balls to laugh in my face get their comeuppance later. They just need a reminder that we all have our idiosyncrasies.
I'm also scared of the dark and being alone and sleeping in a bed with empty space under it. Those three phobias began after my earliest encounters with shadow people at the age of 6 or so. They won't be going away anytime soon.
edit on 3/26/2011 by Elaethyr because: see post, derp.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

I absolutely agree with you on this one! When I was little, about 3 or 4, I would hear the European police/ambulance siren-the neener sound-and it would strike absolute terror in me!! As if I was about to get caught! (doing what I don't know) To this day, if I hear it, it makes me stop whatever I'm doing and look around.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
When I take showers, I always fear the day that I close my eyes to wash my face and open them to see a creature or something standing in front of me.

Just staring...staring....

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
A grey alien in a pink flowery dress, smoking a havana cigar always give's me the heebies..i dont know why! Maybe it's a sign of depression or a childhood memory i have blanked out!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
1. Markers writing on paper... Aghhh.. I can barely type it.
2. dull pencils...
3. salesmen and women

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I am totally creeped out by metal. I dont like to have it around me at all. Everytime I'm close to large amounts of metal it's almost as if I'm in a constant state of cringing, like when you hear fingernails down a chalkboard. I know this is very odd considering how much everyday stuff is made of metal. If it is painted over then its not as bad but if it is shiny, ewwwwww. It's not like I dont like shiny things, if something is painted to look like metal thats not an issue, just the cold hard metal. I don't like metal jewelry, would never even consider stainless steel appliances, My sister once lived downtown near an industrial area that had a series of metal bridges all stacked around this one part and everytime I would have to be in that area it was like I was toally disoriented and highly agitated and fearful of what I have no clue.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
1. Jack in the box's... Yah know that box with a crank and a crazy looking evil that clown pops out AT ANY TIME!!! Yeah... that!
2. Clowns (See above).
3.The bathroom mirror at night when I wake up to pee. I can't look in any mirror in the dark...
4. Hanging my feet off the edges of the bed.
5. Walking down the hallway at night. I always feel like there is someone watching me... Mom has felt it too but I am sure it's paranoia.
6. Snakes. All of them... at any given point they are just waiting for you to let your guard down to eat your face.
7. Deep water. I cant swim.
8. The smell of funeral homes.
9. When the power goes out while I am sleeping. I immediately wake up (I sleep with a sound machine on a rain setting) and I think the worst is happening outside. Ex: Tornado, End of the World, Zombies.... lol

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I don't have a lot of fears per se(not scared of "ghosts"(maybe a 'demon' though),not scared of snakes, spiders and bats and am only slightly weary of hornets/bees).;

One for sure, I just have no clue why I'm uninterested even to the thought...
-Being picked up. I'm not afraid of heights! I've never been dropped
... When my husband tries to pick me up, playing around...it frightens me and I'm not sure why.

Might be able to figure out this one.
-Certain smells, I am very sensitive to smells, probably if I feel the smell is linked to something or place.
&
-Certain vibes put out by people

-I've had many, what might be dreams of "drones". The though of them, not scares me, but alarms me. As to say I've had an experience beyond a dream of one of one or more following close.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by daisyglaze

I understand what you're saying about the ''thing'' feeling/sensation. I also have experienced those a lot as a child, then it went away and recently has reoccurred twice in a short period.
When I was little it would only happen before falling a sleep - like this cluster of feelings and sensations of some kind of huge gray/black shapeless object. Like it is in my head or eyes but I cant describe it and it doesn't have a name or anything. For me it begins with something I can only explain as gray,huge, weakly pulsating ball of yarn with a disgusting texture and feel. And then it changes to other different, unexplainable small and changing ''objects'' and sensations. I just have to get up and turn the lights on for it to disappear.
I have always wanted to know what it is and for the first time in your post I find that others have experienced it too. It's just not the easiest thing to google
edit on 13-5-2011 by Sucree because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join