It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things that give you the heebie jeebies but you dont know why

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
A dream I used to have repeatedly as a kid, just an image, that used to fill me with dread and fear and I don't know why. Even thinking of it now has the same effect.

I see two men, they are standing and spinning around, one slowly, the other one faster, and they are chanting. I think they are wearing some sort of robes, I do not recognize words in the chant. Sort of Tibetain prayer type of sound.

I have no idea where this came from, but I cannot tell you the horror it inspires in me. Makes my breathing and heartrate quicken to picture it again.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
You can add me to the list of freaked out by unexpected visitors. I am home alone all day and if I'm not expecting someone and I hear the doorbell or knocking, I get totally irrational about it. Just yesterday someone came and knocked (which is the worst to begin with because I have a doorbell) and they knocked the "shave and a haircut" really unnecessarily loud. Twice. I shrieked, jumped up and ran upstairs. I don't know why but it does make me laugh after the fact.

That and I can't stand this Muppets song.

And moths--especially the really tiny ones that seem to invade your house from no apparent source. And I saw one last summer that was HUGE. It had at least a 6" wingspan *shudder*

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
For the longest time, I used to be scared stupid by the sound of a violin. There was no reason for it, I just started freaking out for no reason whatsoever. There's also something called "The Song of Nephilim" from a video game called "Xenosaga," which scares the hell out of me. I refuse to post a youtube to it, because just hearing it or thinking about it sends me into absolute panic and terror.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Sucree

Yes! I would get the same thing going on in my head as a kid, I never thought I would find anyone else who got it as well.
For me it's taken on a very strange tone as I've gotten older. Like a rushing sensation when it happens, like my body is becoming infinitely smaller and the surroundings infinitely larger. This only happens when I set my head under a hot shower for a couple minutes though, not when I 'm falling asleep.
edit on 21-5-2011 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
This was a really cool thread to read and I'm sad that it's petered out now. That pig in the elmo video was definitely freaky, but I think it was just some weird video designed to mess with your head.

About the person who gets freaked out by violin music - I find that really fascinating. Violin music does have a very melancholy air about it, but maybe there's a subconscious element to this person's particular distaste for it.... like maybe there was violin music playing when they heard bad news.... or even a during a disturbing scene from a movie they watched while they were really young and the mind has blocked it all out apart from that dreaded feeling?

Hmmm.... very interesting.

I wish this thread would pick up again, I love hearing about the weird and wonderful ways the mind works.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Dark waters. I have a many dreams where I was plunged in dark water and couldn't suface. I also just hate not being able to see what is below/with me. I will swim in the ocean, but only where I can touch ground. No further than that. Dark waters on tv freak me out too. Especially when the camera goes under the water and all you see after a certain point is blackness. Hate it. Have to look away or change the channel. Oh, I also am terrified of uncovered windows at night.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

Oh I hate the sound of knocking! Everytime someone knocks on my door, my heart skips beats and my blood runs cold. Luckily, I don't get many visitors. And if I know someone is coming over then I am on a lookout til they get here. It's so I can open the door before they have a chance to knock.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paulos

Originally posted by badgerprints

Originally posted by Paulos
Ever since as long as I can remember, there is a certain blue colour, its more like a light blue colour, which for some reason creeps me out and gives me the shudders. It could be a car or van, a door, a poster, anything really that is painted that colour and when I see it I instantly shudder.

Like an electric/neon blue?

its this colour. Its more like a light turqiouse

oohh I call that institution blue... about 15 years ago before they modernised ALL the hospitals, psych wards, surgeries etc in the UK had walls, sheets, gowns and crockery that colour..

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Is it normal to have absolutely no fears?

I have things I strongly dislike (chalk squeaking on a chalk board, forks scraping across a plate, people coming round uninvited) and things I suddenly startle to but can control myself from afterwards like say a wasp buzzing up to me.. initially I jump and want to run and then remind myself that the wasp will get caught up in my wind 'wake' and 'follow' me so I keep still and waft it away.

I can't think of anything that leaves me with a cold sweat, heart racing in fear.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SireFurious

I like that song! Nothing creepy....

I am afraid of mirrors on the wall and those old dolls (remember that horrible island in the US somewhere where a man had put many dolls and dolls 'parts.....brrr)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Spiders is a big one for me.

Another is children. They creep me the hell out. Especially little girls between the age of 5 and 10.

And yet another would be mirrors. I won't look in a mirror for more than a few seconds. I have this irrational fear that when I look, there will be someone in the mirror behind me.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
When I was a child, I used to be afraid of lots of things, including the phone, the vacuum cleaner, cameras (I would always get hysterical when someone wanted to take a pic of me), gas stations, hospitals, doctors and dentists, schools and many more
Of course I wasn't able to explain what was so scary about them (and I still don't know). Now the only things that make me feel uneasy are industrial areas, hospitals, gas masks, unexpected visitors knocking on my door and anonymous phone calls... And I also agree that some people have those scary vibes about them. Some smells can also unnerve me.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Looking at reflections of things, and looking at windows of just about any house. For example when I'm in my room doing something, it really bothers me when the TV is off. I cannot look at the reflection of it. I have the weird fear when I'm looking at it that I am not alone and someone or something is with me. I pretty much have to force myself to turn it on and or else it will just drive me nuts. I have seen/imagined random people near me, so I honestly cannot look anymore. When looking at windows of any house, including mine, well let's just say I cannot look at them. Why? I have this fear since I was kid. Looking through any window, I would almost always see someone that's not supposed to be there. For example, when I was swimming in our pool in our backyard when I was a kid, I got out of the pool and saw a women in my kitchen window looking at me. Kept looking at me four about 4 seconds where I finally had enough and forced myself to look away. Wasn't my mom or anyone I know. It just scares the hell out of me that I actually see these things and I don't know why. That's probably the same reason where looking at reflections creeps me out, accept when looking at myself in the mirror in our bathroom I don't have a problem.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Saint brenard dogs.l all thanks to the movie cujo hahahahaha

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Owls and lizards creep me out.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
That beatles song about mr kite
www.youtube.com...

If I listen to it I get crazy-. Can't stand it.
Also the bakcwards track before that morning song..

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsawyer2
And also Ostriches and Emus:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/44309ba00f14.jpg[/atsimg]

Lol. That's one of my all time favorite internet pics. Makes me smile every time!

Masks have always scared me. Like the mask the lady is wearing in a earlier post. I guess I would call them emotionless masks. Creepy.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusLuna

I'm in love.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Popsicle sticks, wooden Popsicle sticks,dont know why but the thought of them makes my skin crawl

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Shawny2222

You are right to be afraid of door knocking. Door knocking just terrifies me. When someone is wanting to -legitimately- contact you, they do it by phone or email first. I lived in this apartment (alone single young female) and there was this knocking at my door. I looked out the peephole, and it was a scuzzy looking dude who was grinning and waving, and I think he jiggled the doorknob. Luckily, my handle and deadbolt were secure. At that time, I owned a gun, a 38 revolver (it was loaded) and I sat there 'prone' with my gun aimed at the door, cuz this dude kept knocking. I decided to call the cops, then he left. I looked out my window, and he was walking away but looked up and back at me at the window. Then I showed him my gun. That didn't happen no more.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join