It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things that give you the heebie jeebies but you dont know why

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Over the past year, I've gained a new and irrational fear of waterfalls.

I'm thinking that possibly around this time in my previous past life, I might have died from falling over a waterfall. Or something to that effect.

It's so bad, that in the new Zelda game "Skyward Sword," I accidentally fell over a waterfall, and had a pretty severe panic attack. I never made that mistake again.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Paulos

Blue seems kind of synthetic and alien to me. Maybe because it makes me think of the ocean.

What about blue fog? A sort of synthetic fog.

I don't want to state my fears b ecause the all-seeing eye will use them against me.

Just imagine. Once -they- know, they'll turn to these fears when I say something I'm not supposed to!

I guess I have a fear of ATS then. Oops.... (now they know)
edit on 17-2-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Testtubemonkeybaby
reply to post by simone50m

I absolutely agree with you on this one! When I was little, about 3 or 4, I would hear the European police/ambulance siren-the neener sound-and it would strike absolute terror in me!! As if I was about to get caught! (doing what I don't know) To this day, if I hear it, it makes me stop whatever I'm doing and look around.

This might be a long shot but....

The sound kind of gives me chills too and it is because of the old movie about Anne Frank. You don't really see any "bad guys" throughout the movie. The antagonist is the sound of the police coming near. Whenever they would hear that sound they often froze so as not to be seen/heard. So, the sound automatically makes me feel like the bad guys are coming lol. Don't know if this could possibly be the reason you fear the sound, but when you said you feel like you're going to get caught it made me think this could be why.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Potato Bugs.

It's an actual phobia for me. I can't look at them, even a photo. I get panicked if people talk about them or describe seeing one. Dunno why.

(Please don't post stories or photos)

Clowns and dolls too, but not as much.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Not so much now but going up really steep hills with a car. I used to have dreams where there was a giant hill with cars sort of stuck in traffic, my car would be starting to flip backwards and then when it did it hit all the other cars causing them to fall off too.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Ever since I was little, realistic dolls have given me the creeps. Especially their little realistic hands. I had this mother goose book when I was little that was old and it had the illustrations made out with color photos of dolls posed in scenes relating to the rhymes. That book's illustrations scared me to the point of feeling nauseous, even though the book was definitely intended for children and wasn't meant to be scary at all. I also have a nightmare that I believe I've only had a couple of times, mostly when I was right around that age, where I'm in this creepy old house and all of the sudden, all of these little doll hands started coming out from behind doors and dark crevices.

My girlfriends makes fun of me for this fear and I know how random and silly it sounds. But I still have a hard time dealing with dolls like that. And their creepy little hands.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
cat box smell..

it makes me cringe....

i cant stay at someones house very long if they have a litter box... it's like finger nails on a chalkboard to me

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mathoryn
I have a terrible fear of toilet paper, so i tend to go through a crapload of socks when im at work or with friends.

ha ha ! good stuff !!

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The thought of chewing a dry tea-bag makes my mouth water in an unpleasant way. Now I've thought of it I feel horrid. And I hate brillo pads too. yeuch!!

Ex

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Mine is electrical storms, maybe because I feel like I don't have any control..
they make my hair stand on end.
Also Clowns, but I know why I hate them, they cannot speak....

edit on 2/18/2012 by Ex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I have two things that come to mind now, i have no idea why they creep me out but they do. Will post photos of what im talking about. They may be the same thing for all i know and are pretty weird things to be creeped out by

As seen in the titanic movie.

and
(probably the same thing)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Lollipop sticks.

The idea of them makes my teeth squeak!

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join