It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things that give you the heebie jeebies but you dont know why

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
For me it is dirty hands, tub cleaners, the gritty kind, smushy stuff on my hands, gives me the heebie jeebies.

When I was younger I had to walk down a long dark hallway to go to bed, I had to grit my teeth to keep from running, always felt I was about to be stabbed in the back. Bizarre I know.

edit on 4-2-2011 by Iamschist because: spelling

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by cwt8466

Your avatar is creeeping me out.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Paulos

I always had a dream as a child, it was an odd dream nothing scary and nothing nice one of those ones that cause pain.. There was a long runway and a noise used to follow me along it but it went backwards and forwards in high pitch and i couldnt see much but it visited me every night and i couldnt ever wake up, talking about it gives me shudders and when i hear something close to that noise i just shudder but i dont know why i had that exact dream but it revisited me awhile back.. apparently i am unique with dreams and stuff, the ones i have end up having a true meaning and another thing that made me shudder as a child was when i really needed my mum and she was at work and i was crying and i went to a mirror and i saw my mums face in the mirror at the exact time she looked into one at work (i remember her asking me what time it was and it was when gladiators was on and she told me she looked at the bathroom mirror) and i cant explain how i saw her either :S.. maybe someone can explain these to me?. thankyou

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I have an irrational fear of the dark and it drives my family insane (which cant be a bad thing) My husband turns on all the porch lights and kitchen lights, then meets me at my car door every evening to walk me in the house when I work nights. In the morning I wake up and turn all the lights on in the house. I even have a string of LED Christmas lights above my monitor that I never unplug. When I was about 10 I walked next door to my neighbors house and heard foot steps in the distance that I thought were following me.. I was certain it was some sort of devil
Still to this day I always feel like there is something in the dark following me even so my rational mind says that there isnt..... but what if there is? So I carry a flash light where ever I go and walk very quickly

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I freak out whenever someone knocks on my door or rings my doorbell...unless I'm expecting someone, I go run and hide
I also get the choking feeling from turtle necks etc like some of you guys were saying...
I think one of the strangest things I'm afraid of is solid colored coffee mugs. I have no idea why lol.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I am afraid of the dark.

Right now I am having an issue with a certain voice in my head and it's a very cynical, rude, perverted, older, very smart man who speaks with an english accent and it's driving me crazy. I have no idea who the hell this is supposed to be and it's confusing the # out of me because my brain keeps putting thoughts into his voice and I don't know why.

If it's an actual person who my mind is emulating, I don't mean to knock the person by calling him all those things because a lot of this is very funny and true and in my mind there is a very soft side to this persona although it's somewhat out of the character otherwise.

What's really bugging me that it's an English accent because I haven't been around any English people in many years... I don't even watch them on TV. Even House talks like an American so I can't for the life of me figure out why this keeps happening and the part that scares is they will just start talking out of nowhere.. I could be thinking about anything. Anything at all.... or nothing at all for that matter and BAM.... same voice keeps popping up and if it's insanity, I can't even analyze it. What I mean to say is that I would expect to be daydreaming or something about a certain person with this voice but it's not like that at all. I do put a face to it but it's not correct if you understand what I'm saying, it can't be so therefore i feel like my mind is deceiving me, playing awful tricks on me and I have tried to dismiss this voice god only knows how many times because I do often have thoughts that I'd swear were coming from somewhere else, not me... and I'm cool with that. I actually find it a bit comforting even when it's a conflicting thought... they often come on subtly, the ones I am more comfortable with and they seem to come with no voice- but with thoughts and feelings... but then some thoughts just pop in there and interject right into the middle of thoughts and stuff and it's the weirdest thing because sometimes it seems like a thought I can trust or consider (the ones that come in voices) and sometimes it is just complete garbage...complete nonsense. What I don't understand is why it sounds this way sometimes... English. It makes absolutely no sense. I imagine this might have confused some people but oh well. It's not auditory voices, I'm not schizophrenic. It's just thought content in the form of a voice which doesn't bother me but this english guy... this is so persistent it makes me question my sanity. I'm not insane but I may indeed begin trying to figure out what damn english person would know me who owns thought implantation equipment. I'm serious... I CANNOT make it stop. I'm seriously at least thinking of hypnotism or something or #ing hell, somebody brainwash me or something because my mind should not be replaying an english guys accent over and over and over... grrr!

I just don't know. *my poor head*
edit on 5-2-2011 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by matrixportal
I freak out whenever someone knocks on my door or rings my doorbell...unless I'm expecting someone, I go run and hide
I also get the choking feeling from turtle necks etc like some of you guys were saying...
I think one of the strangest things I'm afraid of is solid colored coffee mugs. I have no idea why lol.

I do that... I do it when my phone rings. I don't run but i get very uneasy and when someone knows... i peak VERY carefully out the window in case I need to pretend like I'm not home. I really hate people popping over. It freaks me out.

I also don't like turtlenecks anymore but I can hardly stand wearing clothes anymore it seems. most clothes are uncomfortable to some degree but some of it is damn near excruciating. If i put on a bra I just feel like I'm going to go berzerk. I say "ok, I wanna wear this shirt today without layers"... i put it on, stand there for 3 seconds and that the damn thing right back off, put on a t-shirt and a button-up.

the solid colored coffee cup thing is just weird though dude.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Mine is balloons, blown up anything really (gloves, bags, baggies, balloons, explosions, guns, fireworks, snappers, you name it), going underwater, heights, spiders, bugs, clowns.

Swear if TPTB come on here and use the above against me for any kinda psychological mind fracks, I'mma be pissed at myself for posting that.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and that makes me panic when I encounter certain situations. Like when someone touches me by accident and just walks away. I have this obsession with even numbers and sometimes I feel like chasing the person and tell them "Touch my other arm to make it even!".
It's really annoying because you know it's irrational, but you still feel that if you don't touch that object 24 times, your family is going to get hurt or something bad is going to happen.

I'm afraid of the dark. I sleep with the TV on, because when I sleep in the dark I get sleep paralysis. (I know that's not what causes it, but it only happens to me when I sleep in the dark)

Also...monkeys

Don't know why, but if they ever come near me, I'll run screaming.
edit on 5-2-2011 by Casandra because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I also wont answer the phone or the door!

Chicken soup is an issue - I have a thing about some foods that look the same going down as they would coming back up!

Needles...having blood taken. The horrible pull you feel on your arm...

UrrrrggggHHHHH!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
This is a pretty new fear since moving in with my fiance... but the cold, uncleaned bathtub in the morning under my feet just sets my entire body on edge! Just something cold and slippery invading my still warming up mental processes causes my entire day to be set on edge...Everything seems to go ill advised. Also, really long mouths and faces really, really get to me. Even if said faces/mouths are not on "monsters", I just shrink from them.

Oh! I saw another poster mention balloons... Well, I absolutely abhor the sound a balloon makes when it pops - either by someone forcefully popping it, or by accident. The sound seems to get stuck in my head and rings over and over again.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScarletNyx
This is a pretty new fear since moving in with my fiance... but the cold, uncleaned bathtub in the morning under my feet just sets my entire body on edge! Just something cold and slippery invading my still warming up mental processes causes my entire day to be set on edge...Everything seems to go ill advised. Also, really long mouths and faces really, really get to me. Even if said faces/mouths are not on "monsters", I just shrink from them.

Oh! I saw another poster mention balloons... Well, I absolutely abhor the sound a balloon makes when it pops - either by someone forcefully popping it, or by accident. The sound seems to get stuck in my head and rings over and over again.

My bathroom is sooo gross. I mean, I clean it because I do like having a clean bathroom but mine is just gross. There's all this icky caulk and #ty looking vinyl and you can see all the pipes and the waterheater.... it's really really getting to me. I have the stuff to redo it. I don't even own this place. I rent this place and the bathroom is far down on the list of pros for it. It makes me feel icky inside. That's how icky it is. Somebody even painted the damn bathtub with latex paint and it was all peeling inside the tub. How gross? How can I take a bath in a peeling bathtub? So i started stripping it and now I know why they painted it... it is so rusty and they fixed it with caulk... the dingbats. I'm going to bondo it... it's going to get worse though but hopefully I'll be gone by then, not that I am expecting to move straight away. I did move to this place cause it was better than my last place. It's still somewhat enjoyable for me here so i am going to do a little work, but ther eis sooooo much to be done.

# it.. I guess I'll make a webpage about it my money blowing excersion on a house i don't own.

I have to do something though... it's gross. You are supposed to feel all clean and stuff in the bathroom, not grossed out... this BLOWS!!

I want brand new midnight blue tiles... or black... or any #ing color!
...with perfect space out grout lines...so I CAN CLEAN IT.

I think this is one of the crappies bathrooms I've ever had. You can see daylight around their crappy ass caulk job where the water line come in up beside the water heater.... the #tards! I would be so ashamed to show that bathroom. I mean #, the cheapest box of vinyl tiles cost what? pretty cheap from the discount rack! It's the least somebody could have done.

I can't help being hard about that... it's MY BATHROOM!... i mean i could be having to poop in a hole in the ground but i freaking PAY for this place and it's 100dollars more expensive then the last #hole I lived in.

I'll always rent cheap though until I own. Cuts down on stress of having to make rent and guilt for paying out the ass for something that will never be yours. I could be living in a box.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I too, have a serious irrational hatred towards clowns, there is nothing funny about a creepy ass clown getting up in your face, at all.

Also I have an irrational fear when I cut off the lights and walk through the dark house to get to my bedroom I always without fail get the sensation that something is walking behind me in the darkness and the hair stands on my neck.

On a different note, I also experience a pretty serious discomfort around babies, I cant stand when someone asks me if I want to hold their baby, it freaks me out every time.
edit on 2/5/11 by BlackOps719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cherryontop

Serious heebie- jeebies when I see this guy. I physically recoil.
[ed itby]edit on 4-2-2011 by Cherryontop because: (no reason given)

He is SO CREEPY LOOKING! He reminds me of every movie I have ever seen that has an evil or even ambiguous priest/pastor in it. Even his pre-Pope name freaks me out -- Ratzinger. I cannot look at a picture of him without immediately thinking of Darth Sidious.
edit on 5-2-2011 by dalloway because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by dalloway

Originally posted by Cherryontop

Serious heebie- jeebies when I see this guy. I physically recoil.

edit on 4-2-2011 by Cherryontop because: (no reason given)

He is SO CREEPY LOOKING! He reminds me of every movie I have ever seen that has an evil or even ambiguous priest/pastor in it. Even his pre-Pope name freaks me out -- Ratzinger. I cannot look at a picture of him without immediately thinking of Darth Sidious.

I know, right! If you were to show me a slide show, just a montage of random things, horses, skies, buildings, kids at play , then slipped one of that cat in there somewhere, tell me that would not make you go "Whoa!", what was that!?
The last guy, he didn't make my skin crawl but this new one, shiver me timbers.

edit on 2/5/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: fixed long link skewing page format

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
needles.

your just not supposed to jam thin pieces of metal into your body. simple as that

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by gandalphthegrey

Terminators have the same effect with dogs.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Spiders - The amount that fall from the ceiling onto my head is ridiculous - I make other people kill them now because i feel like they know i hate them and they are already after me enough as it is!

Grasshoppers - When i was little one jumped onto my dress and I ran around in circles screaming trying to get it off, but it stuck on, and now, I can't be near them.

Waves in the ocean - I can't go to a beach anymore, as the last few years i've had several vivid tsunami dreams, that when I would go to the beach, every wave that rolled out, i'd have a panic attack thinking it was sucking back too far and i've have to run back up to the car in case is was a big one. I'm absolutely fascinated by them, but whenever I see them on TV or in movies, i get goosebumps and have to keep looking away. But i'll go to or buy a movie and watch it based solely on seeing a tsunami on the ad - weird huh?

and a really common one, is styrofoam, when you're pulling something out of a box of it, and it makes that horrible noise, ugh!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Needles, and people who crack body parts (jaws, necks, fingers...). Also screeching tires (been in a couple accidents of red light runners). These things make me physically sick. I will most likely faint.

and ever since I was a kid, after watching THIS I have NEVER liked the song MONSTER MASH (my father used to play that song in the background as I watched that cartoon). I HATE that song!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Touching crush velvet
touching newspaper (not normal paper) with damp hands.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join