It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things that give you the heebie jeebies but you dont know why

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paulos

Originally posted by badgerprints

Ever since as long as I can remember, there is a certain blue colour, its more like a light blue colour, which for some reason creeps me out and gives me the shudders. It could be a car or van, a door, a poster, anything really that is painted that colour and when I see it I instantly shudder.

Like an electric/neon blue?

its this colour. Its more like a light turqiouse

Huh,
Yeah,
Not to be a freaky scaremonger but the abductioneers will tell you that some of the 'greys' are that color after they have 'fed'. The freaky feeling supposedly comes from an imperfectly covered memory. I get the same feeling when scuba diving and I come across light blue (I call it neon) fish. Blue sharks tend to give me the heeby-jeebies too because of that combination of blue skin and black eyes.
I think I've watched too many sci fi movies.

Just throwing that out there. It is a conspiracy site after all.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
1.I live in a century old home filled with antiques and it has a history. Plus an extremely creepy basement thta was still a dirt floor until a few yrs ago and the walls are rock. I could hve filmed a slasher movie down there.
2.I collect china dolls and ventriloquist dummies. I have 3 clowns.. but they seem more stupid or pathetic looking rather than scary to me. Theyre antiques with a key in the back that make them laugh like maniacs.
3.I not only have a tarantula collection, I breed the more exotic breeds for money. Lotsa spiderings in my house to crawl in my ears and mouth.
4.I actually have a mirror collection that lines the walls to my second floor up the stairs.. along with antique portraits that the kids are terrified of.. hehe.. theyll get over it.. one day.

I dont share your irrational fears.. I LOVE em. But I do have one that never ceases to amuse my family and husband.

I can not stand ANYTHING around my neck. Not a scarf, not a turtleneck, not a necklace. I wont button my coat up all the way and I freak out over a seat belt if it touches my neck... I use my kids' seat belt adjuster.. ya know, the thing you put on a seat belt for toddlers to keep it from strangling them.
I have the same exact issue with my ankles.. which makes it difficult to wear certain shoes, socks, and pants. I was praising da lord when they came out with those shorty socks and bells came back in style. I cant stand high tops, most boots, etc
I always wanted to wear those cute little gold anklets with the dangly things.. nope. I tried it. DIdnt work. Chokers were in style at a point in the 80's.. tried it.. nope. Id feel uncomfortable and then it grows to a panic feeling. My mother claims I have always been this way.. and as far as I can remember I have. I specifically remember feelings of panic when my mother would bundle me up like a mummy to go out to play in snow. I never wanted to play in snow and hate it now that Im older.... I figure its all her fault for her maniacal demands of multiple scarfs.

I swear to you, If I knew why I was like that Id change it.. Id go to therapy... Id do something, because trust me.. if you realize it or not.. a hell of a lot of things touch your neck. Think dentist.. and that cloth that catches your spit and stuff.
Its pretty annoying too.. sometimes I dont even realize something thats going to provoke that until it already has.. then coming down from a panic is not fun.

Oh.. those things PLUS Carrot Top. There is something not right about that guy.. Id be scared of him in broad daylight.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I'm terrified of Needles. I can watch and/or see just about anything and it doesn't really bother me. But the sight of someone getting an injection makes my skin crawl.
Oh and add me to the clowns and dolls haters as well.
edit on 4/2/2011 by withopeneyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Oh, I don't like that shade of blue either, I wouldn't say it gives me the heebie jeebies, I just don't like it. Passionately so, like as in I refuse to have that shade in my house. Funnily enough, take it a shade or two darker, and it's my favorite blue, strange, eh?

The thing with the poster two post above, the neck thing? I have that too, I feel like I am being strangled if something is around my neck, I do the thing with the seat belt as well. I don't panic though, so it's not a fear like my spider fear, I just feel like I can't breath as if I am being strangled, not even my pillow must touch my neck. When I say neck, I mean it's the front of my neck, under my chin part
It's always been a thing for me too.

Other things that give me the heebies, spiders, big black hairy ones with all those eyes. I swear those eyes watch you, and wait for you to turn the light off, so they can come crawl around you like on your face, just to freak you out... I read somewhere that the average person actually ingests 8 spiders in their lifetime!!! I have always been like this about spiders, but what made it worse, was watching a movie called arachnophobia. I don't watch any movie anymore that's got spiders in it. Then a friend of ours once gave me a pc game to play, the aliens were these huge spiders, bigger than humans (I can't remember the name of the game), I went completely ballistic, I got so stressed out trying to play that game, I gave it back to him and had nightmares for weeks afterward. Some scifi movies also make use of alien spiders, I love scifi movies, but I don't watch em if they've got spiders in. I get a lot of nightmares involving spiders too, of all the nightmares I've had in my life, the ones involving spiders scare me the most. You know the waking up paralyzed phenomenon? I get that in my dreams when they involve spiders, I think that's why they scare me the most, I actually wake up screaming, like I'm still trying to scream the same scream I couldn't get out in my nightmare, In my nightmares, these spiders always have minds and intelligence of their own, and I am the hunted prey or my kids.

More recently, the mall close to us, has done the very fashionable thing of putting glass bridges across the one side of the mall to the other. I completely freeze up when hubby wants to go across one. This is one huge mall, it's got I think 6 floors. I hate that place. I would much rather walk around to the other side, but he is forever dragging me across those damn bridges! I swear there are cracks in those things, I even showed it to him. I am always stunned that nobody seems to care that those things can not possibly be safe. I saw in an old 007 movie once (he is a fan) (I think it was 007 anyway) Somebody having a glass floor over a huge fishtank with piranhas in. If I ever had to come across something like that, I am telling you now, I will not set foot on it.

its this colour. Its more like a light turqiouse

edit on 4-2-2011 by Fenix777 because: typo

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
SHARKS!!! and I haven't even seen one in real life (not that I plan to!)

JAWS messed up my head big time since I was little that I can't even just flick the controller from channel to channel just in case I come across a program with them on it. (shudders..) It is embarrassingly bad that even my 6 year have now an automatic response to leap and cover my eyes when she see them on tv. :/

Oh and BTW, I love almost every single post here in ATS apart from this:

My Biggest Nightmare!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Fenix777

One of my larger spiders in my collection is a Theraphosa blondi.. or Goliath Bird Eater. SHe has a 9 inch legspan but she can reach a 12 inch span. SHe can eat mice.
Google it for a pic. Looks like I shoudlnt invite you over for a movie, eh?

I have a few friends who are afraid of spiders.. and my uncle has true arachnophobia.. so I have a spare room I use as my mad scientist lab and spider room so folks dont freak out
I dont touch them if I dont have to and dont hold them like some "enthusiasts". My interest is more observation, education, and money for breeding.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fujiko78
SHARKS!!! and I haven't even seen one in real life (not that I plan to!)

JAWS messed up my head big time since I was little that I can't even just flick the controller from channel to channel just in case I come across a program with them on it. (shudders..) It is embarrassingly bad that even my 6 year have now an automatic response to leap and cover my eyes when she see them on tv. :/

Oh and BTW, I love almost every single post here in ATS apart from this:

My Biggest Nightmare!

OFF TOPIC:
I love your Dia de los Muertos avatar

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Awwww thank you.

Will try to do a real one at some point as being a photoshop noob, didn't help me achieved the one I was originally thinking.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Oh no, def. not, I read about your collections, I am not coming anywhere within a block of your place, just in case they escape
And I am not going to look up your friend there to get an idea, you painted enough of a picture thank you. It's 1AM here, I still have to go to bed after ATS'ing, I'm trying very hard to avoid nightmares
with this thread, I don't think it's going to be very easy

P.S. Did you see that spider, I think it's called a camel spider or something, this thing was half the size of a man, I got it in an email once, (no I'm not telling my email buddies about my irrational fear, although I don't think it's irrational, they'll torture me with that knowledge) Anyway I checked it out, to see if it's true, and it is! It's half the size of a man! I will never ever ever visit any desert, I swear!
edit on 4-2-2011 by Fenix777 because: ETA

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Fujiko78

Oh yes, I forgot about that one, I think it's because of JAWS as well, I don't go swimming in the ocean because of it, and then they brought out deep blue, with intelligent ones!!

edit on 4-2-2011 by Fenix777 because: replied to wrong poster

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Man I HATE grasshoppers. They are my biggest fear, yet they are harmless. If I'm walking out of my house, and there's one near anything I have to pass, I go the other way.
The little green ones aren't that bad but I wouldn't touch them. The one's I'm REALLY scared of are those massive brown ones.
I hate them more than anything.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Fenix777

Same here... :/ Where I used to live, it was only a brisk walk to the beach and the whole 24 years that I was there did I muster enough courage to go beyond knee-deep waters. And as if that's not enough, they thrive living in the discovery channel on my tv...
uggghhhh!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
One of the definitions of an unction is ointment.

I believe anything causing a recurrent caution in someone is an intuitive protectiveness.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Mirrors!!!!!

Not a fan of them at all, ever since i was a kid.

I always get that freaky feeling that when i look away and look back they'll be someone/something else behind me or looking back at me.

Gives me the creeps just thinking about it.

edit on 4-2-2011 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
If Blue bothers you, DO NOT LOOK AT MY PIC!!!

for me, other people touching my belly-button or clipping my toenails...surely from my infancy/childhood.

and drug addicts...

I am pretty damn sure I personally give some folks the heebies...I am ok with that

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The vegetable okra, just farrrrrreaks me out. It totally reminds me of those alien pods in Invasion Of The Body Snatchers. That particular movie with Donald Sutherland in it. (After I saw the man head on the little dog body in there, [entangled pods] I didn't know if I'd ever be the same again.) (I wasn't.....)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Ever since as long as I can remember, there is a certain blue colour, its more like a light blue colour, which for some reason creeps me out and gives me the shudders. It could be a car or van, a door, a poster, anything really that is painted that colour and when I see it I instantly shudder.

I have no idea why it does this to me. Its definetly not something new, its happend all through my life. So I was wondering if anyone would know why it does this to me and if anyone else gets the heebie jeebies from something and they cant explain why?

edit on 4-2-2011 by Paulos because: (no reason given)

Did you know that the Mayans painted their human sacrifice victims blue?
I study history and anthropology as a hobby and I cannot bring myself to study South American human sacrafice cultures. I know they were not the only group to do such a thing - but I get the heebie jeebies as you expressed concerning those cultures. I cannot even look at their maganificent pyramids without thinking about how they threw dead victims down the steps of them. I KNOW it is not rational but when my archeology magazine contains articles about these cultures or cover pictures - I cannot bare to read about them. I do know there are lakes down there with a layer of blue strata from all the blue painted victims they tossed into them.
www.sciencedaily.com...
Maybe you remember???

edit on 4-2-2011 by TheBirdisDone because: add to

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I personaly believe you reincarnate from your previous lives, and this explains phobias that otherwise have no better explanation to them.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Clowns creep me out but so do hooded Klu klux clan members despite the fact I'm white

The sound of creaking floorboards also gives me chills.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
E.T. (Yes the character from the movie) I am terrified of him. I was probably 2 or 3 when the movie came out and my brothers thought it was great fun to tease me by pointing their finger at me and say "E.T. phone home..." Scared the dickens outta me! When they came out with the new version of E.T. I freaked! Every time I see a picture or video or even hear him I jam my fingers in my ears, squeeze my eyes shut as tight as possible and try to not scream.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join