Things that give you the heebie jeebies but you dont know why

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I found something that terrifies me more then clowns or dolls on TV last night. I can barely watch it without feeling physically sick in my stomach

FukuChan the masked Japanese monkey waitress

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I have a terrible fear of toilet paper, so i tend to go through a crapload of socks when im at work or with friends.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I'm with ya, Davespanners! Now, I have the masked monkey waitress to add to my heebie-geebie list.

Here's one from mine.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
its either ur mind is blocking ur memory because of a trauma u expiernced ..................................

OR

i do believe that in ur future memory is sending a past memory to watch out from a certain type of color may cause something to u , u know

just an opinion

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Cherryontop

Not meant to be disrespectful of anyone's religion but.....
He looks like Uncle Fester. With hair.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries
I think everyone has one or more things that creep them out, things that they have no control over.

Mine is flightless waterfowl and people who stare blankly at you.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

Most of mine are the usual: dolls, puppets, ventriloquist dummies, clowns of all types, mimes, and the old-time wind-up cymbal playing monkey, where the lips and eyelids roll back. Who thought that was a good toy?

The weird ones:
Bridges, unless I can see the support. So open-span bridges are out, but old, rusty railroad bridges are no problem

Having water splash on my nose

A close up of the planets Jupiter and Saturn. When you can't see the edges at all. I think it looks like a melted chocolate sundae, but still creepy.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Being a person who's been ridiculously desensitized by horror movies and such (I made it through Slaughtered Vomit Dolls, its sequel ReGOREgitated Sacrifice, and the website Best Gore with only some wincing and a sudden realization of my own mortality), so I find this especially strange, but... I can't watch old cartoons, where the characters slink around like they're in slow motion. Especially ones with talking cats. One time, in a class at university, we had to analyze an old car commercial that used that German-esque animation, and it's a wonder I didn't spend the period hiding under the desk. And then there's shows like Fraggle Rock. I used to watch them when I didn't know any better, but now they make me uneasy... and *shiver* just talking about it.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I really enjoyed reading all the replies and was surprised that no one picked my #1 heebie jeebie yet: Palmetto Bug as we call them here in the southern USA.

And also Ostriches and Emus:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Seems like there are a lot of people out there with similar issues .... Maybe it is Karma from a previous life? If you could find the right person that you could trust, I would suggest Past Life Regression to heal the situation. This needs an experienced practitioner to help you resolve the issue.

Love & Light

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Oh God...ROACHES... yes, pretty invasive and annoying... which makes the palmetto bug our friend actually.... until the bastards start flying around the room charging you. I find they don't want to come inside near as much as the other little bastards do.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
Being a person who's been ridiculously desensitized by horror movies and such (I made it through Slaughtered Vomit Dolls, its sequel ReGOREgitated Sacrifice, and the website Best Gore with only some wincing and a sudden realization of my own mortality), so I find this especially strange, but... I can't watch old cartoons, where the characters slink around like they're in slow motion. Especially ones with talking cats. One time, in a class at university, we had to analyze an old car commercial that used that German-esque animation, and it's a wonder I didn't spend the period hiding under the desk. And then there's shows like Fraggle Rock. I used to watch them when I didn't know any better, but now they make me uneasy... and *shiver* just talking about it.

*swings head and dances around like an imbecile*

DOWN IN FRAGGLE ROCK!!

(down in fraggle rock)

That out to set you up good for today if your mind is like mine and plays terrible music like skipping records.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
...wow, what a sick bunch, jk (mostly)...

...i dont think i have any irrational fears... uhmm, lemme check.... lalalala... uh, no... no irrational fears... there are things that make me a little anxious but i have good excuses for those...

...1... kids riding in the back of pickup trucks - fortuneately thats illegal in most states nowadays... was the only witness to a rollover... 4 adults, 7 kids who were riding in the bed... no one survived...

...2... icy bridges - went around and around on one over a 300' drop and, no, i didnt wet my panties... that was spilled coffee...

...3... tornados, especially the ones that come at night...

...4... crazy people with guns...

...oh, wait, i do have an irrational fear - voodoo dolls...

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
My weirder ones are:

Hanging my arms or legs outside of the bed when I am asleep. Not in case they get grabbed but in case the ceiling forgets it's a ceiling, changes density and what ever is in the attic falls through and snaps my limbs.

I also worry the skin on my heels gets too thin and my bones burst out of them.

I wear earplugs every night to stop spiders from getting into my ears when I am asleep.

I also pull the duvet over my neck to make sure no vampires can get in there.

I cant stand to put a lollipop stick in my mouth - it makes me vomit.

I also hate touching cardboard. For some reason it almost makes my teeth squeak.

My palms sweat and i get shooting pains through my feet if I see anyone in a film high in the air. I was sweating for cliffhanger.

I also cant stand the noise of indoor swimming pools. The sound drowns me....I have to get out. It's claustrophobic.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tsawyer2

...lmao @ the ostrich pic... only met one - was SO obnoxious... it belonged to a friend... story goes that he won it in a poker game but he wont admit it... hell, i wouldnt either... gambling for poultry - how embarrassing...

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Antique furniture. I always avoid antique stores. The combination of that musky smell and knowing others who've long since passed used those items. Forget about it. I think they retain the spirit of their past owners.

Visiting elderly relatives and museums is a white knuckle experience. Opening the drawer of an old empty dresser would require heavy sedation. The more ornate the scarier. That must explain why my home and office is all Scandanavian design , modern and mostly metal or teak.

Antique cars = no problem.

I thought I was weird until Ilearned Billy Bob Thorton (actor) has similar fear. He can't eat around old furniture.
edit on 4-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by gemineye

3 weeks ago was the first time i got this fear of bridges. My legs where just stopping as i was walking across it, i made it across, but since then have not crossed any bridge. It was like i changed as a person at that one event.

I went near a long bridge the other day, and as i was coming near it, i was trying not to think of it, but my legs would not let me walk on it remembering 3 weeks ago. Amazing your body can just freeze,a nd your legs will not walk over a bridge even though your absolutely sure its safe, lol.

Amazing how it works.

On topic my main fear is females, i do not like them, and i cannot and will not ever be around them, apart from my family. This is something i always had and always will. I just do not like females, and do not want interaction with them period, and have learned to live a life without them entering my life.

How do you completely avoid them?

Interested.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

DAVE DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK!

Sorry, payback for that freaky wigged monkey thingie.
edit on 4-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
For me it would be looking in the mirror or walking past a mirror in the complete dark...you know, the whole childhood Blood Mary, Bloody Mary thing. I guess that stuck with me. Along those lines would be looking at your reflection when the mirror is all steamed up.

Have you ever been in a Dialysis Lab? Those poor people. That gives me the serious shivers on a number of different levels.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
What you have written in the OP makes me wonder if perhaps there is a subconscious memory that that color reminds you of... Perhaps something scared you when you were little that was that color and now it creeps you out when ever you see it?

Hmm, as for me...The thing that creeps me out comes from a memory that I am well aware of. Memories, really. With out going into detail, because of these memories, I hate sleep. I hate going to sleep. I am known for being up all night quite a bit. So yeah, that is the one thing that creeps me out every time I have to come across it. Sleep.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join