It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things that give you the heebie jeebies but you dont know why

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Dolls. Specifically old dolls in creepy houses. At night. Near where you are sleeping. I felt them watching me

Oh, and any human or other creature with two different coloured eyes. Pay attention to the wolf with the brown and blue eye, I say, for she knows the situation better than you do

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by MeSoCorny
reply to post by Paulos

Babydolls.

I have always been super creeped out by babydolls. Even as a little kid I never wanted babydolls. I would hide throw them out of my room because I didn't want them looking at me. To this day I get freaked out by them. I don't mind like, regular dolls, but babydolls give me the jeeblies. I don't even like walking by the aisle in the store. They are so gross. Eugh.

LOL. They do look evil. Especialy the ones whose eyes open, my niece had one.

Little tribal statues of people still give me the heebie jeebies.
When I was 5, my neighbour who was baby sitting me at her house told me that if I didn't behave, her collection of wooden tribal male statues spread across her living room, would come to life and stab me with their spears.
I was good as gold after that.
I can't blame her really, I told her she looked like a witch.

edit on 4-2-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish

Bahaha. Your babysitter was evil!

Those little tribal dudes are pretty freaky though.

And yeah....the babydolls with opening/closing eyes are even worse. I remember one Christmas I upset my mom because I opened a present and it was a babydoll and I threw it across the room shouting, "Santa brought me this creepy fat doll!"

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Carrot top.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Holes.
Not just any holes, though. For example if someone digs a hole in the dirt, that doesn't bother me.
It's more like holes that seem to remind me of a skin condition or something. They make me feel uncomfortable, and sometimes actually make me psychically itch.
Lotus pods and wasps nests are especially bad triggers for me.

Oh! And once on Animal Planet I saw a segment about this certain kind of frog or toad that hatches it's eggs under the skin on it's back. When the eggs hatch, that babies wiggle out through holes in the mother's back. I couldn't shake that image for weeks. I'm still paranoid that every time I switch it to Animal Planet that I'll see it again! lol
edit on 4-2-2011 by Evaux because: The icky frog!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Originally posted by Paulos
Ever since as long as I can remember, there is a certain blue colour, its more like a light blue colour, which for some reason creeps me out and gives me the shudders. It could be a car or van, a door, a poster, anything really that is painted that colour and when I see it I instantly shudder.

Like an electric/neon blue?

its this colour. Its more like a light turqiouse

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Ever since as long as I can remember, there is a certain blue colour, its more like a light blue colour, which for some reason creeps me out and gives me the shudders. It could be a car or van, a door, a poster, anything really that is painted that colour and when I see it I instantly shudder.

Like an electric/neon blue?

its this colour. Its more like a light turqiouse

lol hopefully you're not in southern california, I had to paint a mural where most of the background color looks like that blue.

Also ignore the guy that said do some light meditation on the subject. I don't know how long you've been doing meditation, but if you're relatively new at it, the stuff you knock loose might not be pretty and you could freak out. If that's not the case cool otherwise I suggest finding a therapist or hypnotist(One that has great experience in the practice)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Serious heebie- jeebies when I see this guy. I physically recoil.
[ed itby]edit on 4-2-2011 by Cherryontop because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
When I moved into my home the garden was overgrown so I set about clearing it out. All was going well until I pulled out one plant and its rootball creeped me out so much that I had to stop. The funny thing was it made the hairs on my right arm stand up. That was over a decade ago now, but still if I think of that plant or actually see one it has the same effect just my right arm gets really freaked by it?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by serenecalamityz

That's an interesting one. Any idea what kind of plant it was? I'm curious to see what it looks like.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Paulos

Hmm that seems to be the same colour as the ATS stars!!

No more scary stars for you then

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
When washing my hair in the shower, closing your eyes to avoid shampoo getting in. I sometimes get the irrational fear that when I wash out the shampoo and open my eyes, my entire shower cabin has moved to a completely different dimension.....

I know.....it's weird.

Peace

LOL that isn't weird. I am always worried something will be standing there infront of me when I open my eyes.

OP...spiders. They give me the creeps and they always have. No idea why either.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The people on the TV, especially advertisments.
edit on 4-2-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Dark water. I love to swim but I can't swim in water at night time unless it's a pool with a light in it.

The pope disgusts me too; feel physically ill when I see pictures of him. Obama too...it's weird. It's not just disdain for them; I feel nauseous when I see them.

Mirrors in dark rooms creep me out. Dolls of any sort.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
reply to post by Paulos

Hmm that seems to be the same colour as the ATS stars!!

No more scary stars for you then

Ive just noticed that haha. It seems it needs to be on a larger scale so the stars arnt so scary

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Oooooh, I just remembered one! Remember back when tv stations used to go off the air at night? I suppose some of them still do, but most don't. Anyway, that terrified me to the point that I wanted to run and hide. This was when I was younger, but I remember it well. I had a friend who was equally freaked out by it.

Rushing muddy water is bad too... especially if I'm extremely close to it.

There's another thing that bothers me so bad that I wont even type it out here because of the visuals it would cause. I don't even wanna think of it. Ick. What reminded me of it was the frog that one poster mentioned... the one that its babies hatch from its skin. Stuff like that literally makes me head itch and skin crawl.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Here we go:

Veins in my arm, but just the blue ones. Thinking about the fact that the blood is "used"...bleh.

Being touched. I can shake hands (sometimes), my wife can touch me (obviously), but brush up against me or try and have physical contact with me, I recoil like I am on fire!

Tomatoes. The texture is waaay too flesh-like.

Even numbers. Everything has to have an odd number, i.e.: 3 icecubes, 1 scoop of ice cream, 5 pairs of shoes, etc.

The backside of a mirror.

The feel of a popsicle stick in my mouth *shudder*

I know there is more, but I'm pulling a blank right now...
~C!
edit on 4-2-2011 by cwt8466 because: Just thought of the worst one!!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Evaux

I know its a member of the daisy family, I have tried to find an image of it for you. Which has made the hairs on my right arm stand up just thinking about it yuck! As yet I haven't found one but I will keep looking and when I find it I will post it here for you

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
MM well, when i was about 5 or 6, in my room, one night, mom put me to bed. I felt things crawling all over me. called out to my mom over and over, she came running up, and a small house spider had made a tiny nest i guess and the eggs hached all over me :X coming down formt he ceiling. She immedialty threw me into th shower to get them off me. to this day, i have a scare phobia of spiders.even small ones make me back off. But i am jsut as capable of anything or more like anyone else here.
I also have a fear of mean people. i have no idea why, but if i encounter them, my heart beats so damn fast, feel pressure drop, and feel the urgent need to escape around them. That i have no idea where i got it from. MY father did discipline me with a metal spoon when i learned the F word around 5 or6 ( he sat me in front of george carlin drunk one night after a golf game) and the S word i got pinned down, pants pulled down and leather belted for that. One time, a new tooth was growing in..father held me down, since it was the weekened and dentists wernt in office, very very painful...father pinned me down with knee into the sofa and used a pair of pliars to pull it outta my skull..that i felt gave me trauma....i kinda almost , not fear, but dislike dentists to date*
One time as a kid, 12, i picked up a big almsot like boulder, threw it onto a plank of pallot wood playing in woods...it bounced off the wood and smashed right into my upper left eye forehead..saw stars and everything jsut like in the cartoons...freinds helped me back too his place cautiously as i was off and didnt know where i was.
makes me think to this day...could any of these be the cause of wy i fear lets say the dentist? spiders? being around mean and loud outspoken people?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

When I was about 6 a spider crawled inside my eardrum I was screaming because I could feel it walking around inside. My mum took me by bus to the hospital two towns away. I was petrified when we got to the hospital the doctor poured water in my ear and washed it out. I have never forgiven my mum for not holding my head under the tap. And I am still scared of small spiders. The big ones dont bother me so much because they cant get in my ears

edit on 4-2-2011 by serenecalamityz because: sorry bad gramma.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join