It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Egyptian Protesters are Wrong

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
The Egyptian protesters are wrong actually. Here allow me to explain exactly why.

Within a few days of the protests growing larger, the "people" overwhelmed the police, and the physical actual government dissolved quickly.

However, everyone is stuck in a fantasy. They think the "President" still has power. He doesn't. He never did actually, that's the trick we have been fooled by.

All the President can do, is sit in a bunker and use his telephone and TV cameras to blab with his mouth. He has no real power at all.

We are all brainwashed into thinking that these "positions of power" actually exist. But they do not exist, they are mere illusions.

The proof that power is an illusion, is that people think Mubarak has to "step down", this is totally untrue. He was clearly ousted by the revolt. However, since the People still "believe" him to be President, than they are fooled into thinking he has some type of power.

No one has to listen to him. He can say he is President all day but if no one listens, it loses any real meaning.

Did Mubarak really have any power in the first place? Only 1 power, the power over our minds.

As long as we consider these people to be "leaders" and give them power, they will "appear" to control us. This is all a 100% illusion. So the Egyptian people are clearly wrong about something.

They never had a "leader", they just thought they did for a long time.

Every person's actions are their own personal choice. So if a police officer or soldier shot someone, that's not Mubaraks fault, that's the person pulling the trigger's fault. Each person is responsible for their own actions 100%.

These leaders are distractions from the Truth of actual Real Freedom. There is no such thing as a leader, it is merely a mirage, an illusion we believe in religiously and refuse to reject.

There are no leaders, never have been. All there is in reality, are deluded peoples.

And we all fell for it.

A good example is the American Revolution. Although the illusion of "leaders" was extremely strong then as it is now, they "revoked" the power of the Crown without ousting the King. All they had to do was fight off the waves of brainwashed soldiers who believed in the King so much they would die for him.

All that exists is physical things. Leaders are abstract ideals. Power is an abstract ideal. They do not exist in actual reality.

So sadly, the Egyptians were wrong about this fundamental fact.

Just as we are all wrong about it.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Wrong or right, they are tired and demand change.
edit on 1-2-2011 by cluckerspud because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
You have a valid point but he does actually have to "step down" and officially resign. The "people" can't just rally together, take over without dealing with the old regime, hence making it officially over. Otherwise, it'd be a kind of occupation, if you will, of the governmental seat. You're right but technically wrong since we do live in a "civilized" society, not a tribe or the wild.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
wow you just blew my mind...

yeah i heard AJ saying today that mubarak got out of egypt last thursday... so yeah i mean it is so true, that its all in our heads that he(or any bobblehead) actually matters. we should know the difference between right and wrong, and not just follow orders so blindly. great post! blew my mind for sure

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJin
You have a valid point but he does actually have to "step down" and officially resign. The "people" can't just rally together, take over without dealing with the old regime, hence making it officially over. Otherwise, it'd be a kind of occupation, if you will, of the governmental seat. You're right but technically wrong since we do live in a "civilized" society, not a tribe or the wild.

Actually you have it backwards.

We are not "civilized". A Civilized person does not need leadership. They can lead themselves just fine. Thus a "civilized" man is a "free" man.

Primitive people's are incapable of rational or logical thought. They are incapable of making good decisions. Therefore primitive people's need leaders to make choices for them.

Today Earth's population is entirely primitive in this respect.

If we simply led ourselves, all governments would lose power over night. Instantly.

But it requires all of us to shrug off the old outdated ideas of power and control that are actually just illusions.

Once we shrug it off, no government is necessary. We will become self-governing.

What you want is organization. You do not need leaders with power to form organization.

I have organized with friends, and we did not need a leader to achieve that. We did not have conflicts or lose control of ourselves, we just got together and agreed on some mutual aspirations.

What we humans really are seeking is organization and the agreement of mutual aspirations.
Don't need leaders for that.

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Well its Muzzleflash, Mr. Armchair Genius over there... How exactly do you have internet access when your reporting from your home in Egypt??

Oh wait. You don't know anything about Egypt, or their government. Feel free to keep guessing though.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

You just blew my mind!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Civilized:

1. Having a highly developed society and culture.
2. Showing evidence of moral and intellectual advancement; humane, ethical, and reasonable:

A highly developed society/culture would be one that has no need for leaders to control them. An immature and primitive society however would probably need a leader to control them.

Moral and Intellectual advancement is shrugging off the need for control structures, and realizing there is no such thing as a "leader" and there never was. It's just an idea. That idea didn't work out so well for us.

Are leaders "humane, ethical, and reasonable"?

Lets ask Hitler, Mao, Stalin, Nero, Genghis Kahn, etc etc times infinity.

You get the point.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills

You just blew my mind!

You are very welcome.
Spread it.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FalselyFlagged
Well its Muzzleflash, Mr. Armchair Genius over there... How exactly do you have internet access when your reporting from your home in Egypt??

Oh wait. You don't know anything about Egypt, or their government. Feel free to keep guessing though.

This isn't about Egypt specifically.

This is about abstract ideals vs physical reality.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Hey OP tell your thoughts to Obama's henchmen when they herd you off to a FEMA camp. I'm sure plenty of folks in Iraq maybe thought the same way before they were tortured and killed by Sadaam too. Maybe not.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I have read Thomas Paine.

But I never had the pleasure of actually engaging him in conversation until now.

Mr. Muzzleflash, this thread is profound- and your logic is ironclad.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans
Hey OP tell your thoughts to Obama's henchmen when they herd you off to a FEMA camp. I'm sure plenty of folks in Iraq maybe thought the same way before they were tortured and killed by Sadaam too. Maybe not.

Criminals are real.
Bullets are real.

But leaders are not real.
Power is not real either.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay
I have read Thomas Paine.

But I never had the pleasure of actually engaging him in conversation until now.

Mr. Muzzleflash, this thread is profound- and your logic is ironclad.

I wish. But Mr Paine is a mentor.

I am merely passing on his lessons.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Dude this is why I just watch the "show" that is our world. To me this social reality is little different from reality television. Just to bad so many people have to get hurt.

All we have to do is help one another and we could all be fine. But it's the illusions that keep many in bondage and the ones who know better are unfortunately affected because of the that. Also, dealing with more then one reality is a very hard thing to do.

I find it EXTREMELY calming to know there are others out there that know this. Thanks OP

S&F

Peace and Respect,

AS
edit on 1-2-2011 by AeonStorm because: added

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Your point is understood. The people have the power not the so called "leaders". David Icke stated it nicely. If people simply stopped complying on a large enough scale, it would bring the system to a halt.

The actual power that these leaders have lies in their ability to impose their will on the people. So long as they are in charge of the guns, the military, police etc., therein lies the power.

We're now getting reports from Egypt the police have joined in the protests and that the military has stated that they will not fire upon the people. This is what needs to happen in order for any type of revolution or restoration to be successful.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by FalselyFlagged

This isn't about Egypt specifically.

This is about abstract ideals vs physical reality.

It's nice that you can skirt the criticism. But when you are abducted from your home and tortured at the police station for your political views, then you can tell me how much power Mubarak and his regime have. But no. You don't even live in the middle east and know nothing about their fight.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Great thread, I'm happy to have helped inspire it.

What this tells me is... if people can rally together in such a protest, people could also rally together and improve the situation. For instance, they could channel that same spirit of love and community to work together in a public agriculture project over the long-term, if they're hungry and poor. Okay, it's easier when we rally together against a common enemy... maybe we can make that enemy poverty and starvation?

We can't keep expecting a 'leader' to make things better for us, so few of them have actually proven themselves to be responsible... there comes a time when we need to accept responsibility for ourselves, our families, and our communities. I think that's what it will take to get us out of this mess we're in now.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

You don't know how things work in the Middle East as it's VERY different to how our Govts work in the Western world. I'm sorry to tell you but your post is VERY misinformed to the reader.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
He still has power.

The power to command Egypt's air force, secret police, regular police, presidential guard, and maybe a little influence over the military too.

Trust me, he still has power.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join