It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Egyptian Protesters are Wrong

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Funny thing is I was saying this to a person the other day and they got so mad at me it turned into a heated discussion.Everyone needs to understand that the whole system we are in is an illusion and that illusion is to keep us slaves and tptb on top. Look at all the corporations, religions, banks, schools, media etc, all these things have some form of indoctrination that trick our minds to think a certain way. Once they get our minds with the marketing techniques, propoganda, and fear, they can easily control us in what direction is necessary to take advantage of us. Another thing is that the people we think are the leaders, most likely are just put there by the real people in charge which shows another illusion. I guess life really is an illusion...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
totally understand where the OP is going with this it's very esoteric, forward, and advanced thinking and a lot of people are not getting it they are taking it waaaay too literally.......We all know he may or may not still control aspects of the military, police, and presidential guard, but I'm pretty sure the tens of thousands in the square trump those aspects he does control if they are willing to fight for it and I believe they are, and even if every one of those people was bombed the rest of the country would rise up in such a fury he would not have a chance and he knows that. He does not want to end up being another Sadaam. He is well aware he has no REAL power left because it is in the hands of the people in revolution on this scale that your power dissipates you risk martyring the people going against you if you do anything violent at this point.

And btw it does not matter if the OP is not from the Middle East this is a universal concept of "THE POWER LIES WITH YOU" someone only has power over you if you give it to them. Even if they take your life if you don't care and you make the choice to stand up for you values and what you believe in then you died of your own choice and POWER. Perhaps someone else's hand did the deed but that still doesn't equal power. People have to learn the ability to kill hundreds-billions or whatever does not equal power, the ability to command a military force is not power, the ability to bully is not power, these are human ideas not universal ones. This is the illusion of power not true power. Real power is the ability to love someone and forgive them just for being another living soul, even if they wanted to kill you where you stood.

think about that for a while

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

How can it be wrong to protest and to demand more freedom and a government change?
Ok, I get it that you apparently believe that Mubarak is a puppet and while the people of Egypt concentrate on him, they don't realize who the puppet-masters are who are pulling the strings in secret etc. And that it is all an illusion or something. But when people protest it has usually very good reasons and sometimes change is affected through such protest.
Just my 2 EuroCents.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Excellent OP Muzzelflash !

I read every one of the replies and I am surprised that only a few really understand your point, this is very disconcerting to me that less than half of the responders on ATS “get-it.” My hope would have been that almost all ATS members would understand that we our self MUST relinquish our power to another for them to have power. It tells me that the training of the population is working.

Muzzelflash’s point is :

NO one has Power over us, until WE, ourselves GIVE them the Power over US.

Secondly the point expands to:

You, yourself MUST Chose to do the bidding of the one you have SUBMITTED your will to.

THERE IS NO POWER WITHOUT SUBMISSION !

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

Such as the drills of loading up their mock-mothers and siblings.
Where can i see these drills bro ? powerful reminder not to join the military if i ever saw one !

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Muzzleflash

Great insight , thank you .

However , here is an alternative take ;

It can be said that the meaning of Leadership is "organizing a group of people to achieve a common goal."

and

A Leader can be described & defined as "a person capable of inspiring and associate others with a dream."

Egyptians are looking for a new Leader and this is the wrong thing to do , you are saying in essence , aren't you ?

Instead you are advocating for self organising efforts to eliminate the Leadership and Leaders from our future .

Wouldn't we be in the act of denying our own heritage by doing so ?

Denying our organic connection to our own past is somewhat , uhm , illuminating perhaps ?

Leaders and Leadership is an entegral part of humanity imho .

Even animals have Leadership sometimes , don't they ?

I think humanity without Leadership would be somewhat detached from it's historical and socio-cultural past.

Perhaps getting rid of past habits could also serve well for future of humanity .

my 2 pence

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
why stand up fight!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Yep, you're absolutely right. What you said even boils down to department .s and managers in some companies as well.

I want to say that no matter who is in charge, things pretty much remain the same. Even if the current Egyptian leader steps down, will Egypt be better off with the replacement? The U.S. is still giving billions to Egypt and who else is in charge behind the scene? It don't matter who the new puppet will be. We can look to Iraq, Afghanistan and the U.S. (after the 2008 election) as a prime example, i.e. no change - the people are no better off than then under the old regime.

It's about time that people realize that there are more of us than there are of "them". People can be slaves for so long before they uprise.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
falselyflagged : arent you the guy who thought that glenn beck said saddam hussein was behind 9/11? Your thought process isnt all there... thats probably why no one acknowledges your post.

Those people who follow the orders, are the problem because they cant think for themselves, and give mubarak the power to tell them what needs to be done. what is so hard about this? If those people decided not to listen to him, how does he have power? its all in your . the reasons why they have power...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Ok, I don't mean to be an a$$ but I don't understand why people say they just had their minds blown. Will you explain to me why you are so awestruck by what muzzleflash said? Eversince I can remember I could never understand why people followed this one guy we call prime minister, in you case president. And how come people let themselves be rules by them. As I grew up, it always gnawed at my brain, why we get used by TPTB and we still follow them like sheep... what's up with that? I allways knew we had the power and they had none. They only had what we let them have. But people would prefer to turn a def ear to what I was saying. Wouldn't you prefer to be free? I would say. They would laugh and tell me that they were free and I shouldn't get all worked up for nohing. Then I would paraphase Johan Wolfgang Von Goethe "None are so enslaved than those who think that they are free." Of course that would ruffle some feathers. Does this blind following have any thing to do with the security of having someone watch over you? Same as religious fanatics who blindly follow "the word of god"? Please explain. I would like the point of view of someone that has been a sheep and now has come to their sences and can lead their lives as they see fit.

Thank you.
edit on 2-2-2011 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The "power" all leaders wield is in the influence over the men with the guns.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Star and flag.

I don't see this as an "esoteric" view, as some posters have suggested, and here are two concrete examples:

1- Prorogation of Canadian Parliament
Basically, for 2 months (coinciding with the 2010 olympics) the government of Canada was shut down.

2- Belgium government at standstill
Here, the government has basically been shut down for 2 years!

And guess what, life in both countries has gone on quite nicely without them.

The OP is quite correct, that, apart from controlling the guns potentially pointed at you, the government only has the power that its citizens allow it to have.

the Billmeister

p.s.
I'll acquiesce that in both the examples above, a monarch is the actual . of state, and they cannot be removed by election.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
i like that you said this because it is an allusion. but he is in a position of power which makes him powerful. do u see all those people protesting what would u call that. could you have 500,000 people protesting you? yes if you were in a position of power. regardless of whos puppet he is dosent mean he has no power.

thats all im sayen.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGhostViking
reply to post by The_Zomar

Such as the drills of loading up their mock-mothers and siblings.
Where can i see these drills bro ? powerful reminder not to join the military if i ever saw one !

Check this out:
www.liveleak.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
A few quotes about the illusion of power:

Man is born to seek power, yet his actual condition makes him a slave to the power of others.
Hans J. Morgenthau

To have command is to have all the power you will ever need. To have all the power you will ever need, is to have the world in the palm of you hand.
Tiberius Caesar

You see what power is - holding someone else's fear in your hand and showing it to them!
Amy Tan

It is said that power corrupts, but actually it's more true that power attracts the corruptible. The sane are usually attracted by other things than power.
David Brin

The problem of power is how to achieve its responsible use rather than its irresponsible and indulgent use - of how to get men of power to live for the public rather than off the public.
Robert F. Kennedy

The love of liberty is the love of others; the love of power is the love of ourselves.
William Hazlitt

Power does not corrupt man; fools, however, if they get into a position of power, corrupt power.
George Bernard Shaw

The essence of Government is power; and power, lodged as it must be in human hands, will ever be liable to abuse.
James Madison

I have to agree with the OP. It is all an illusion, at least metaphysically.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
our belief system is easily altered. there was once a time when human beings existed without these concepts.....

kx

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Power may be an illusiory concept,however,those who deem themselves to be in a position of power create a physical manifestation of this power in the form of their inner circle or government,they create a system of protection in the shape of a police force,military and legislation with its attendant enforcers.who are sucked into the power game generally to feel close to the power source, they do realise that their grip on the population is entirely dependant on this illusion being instilled at every level of the society,
Unfortunately those who wake up and realise that power is only a concept,have to contend with those physical aspects of the power base,unless of course they all wake up at the same time.however,how likely is it that those close to the power will risk jeopardising their slice of the cake?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The 'Islamic' brotherhood will gain control of Egypt (OMG the Muslims are taking over the world type of comments will follow) and the west (U.S and Israel) will be forced to step in and take matters into their own hands . They are overthrowing a president and installing a puppet that may be easier to control then Mr Mubarak (I have not denied that he could have and definitely is a puppet).

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

We're now getting reports from Egypt the police have joined in the protests and that the military has stated that they will not fire upon the people.
reply to post by gladtobehere

That will be a profound shock to TPTB. If they realize that their power through control by monetary manipulation, they will lose sleep for ever.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
You're right OP, but at least the Egyptian people have peeled away another layer of that rotten onion. When their leader gets replaced by another corrupt misleader then perhaps more of them will realise it's all a farce, and the next time yet more people will realise it's a farce... until they've ousted enough fake leaders that the majority of people know it's not really going to change anything.

And let's not be hard on the Egyptians. The majority of Britons or Americans are still under the illusion that if they topple the current government their lives would improve. Take Obama for example - everyone thought he was going to save the world. The Egyptians are no more ignorant than we in the West are.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join