It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14-Year-Old Boy Shoots Own Dad And Grandma

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

Why is THIS not national news?

The most common victims in gun shots are family members, but we are not suppose to talk about that. Keep the nation armed and keep them safe.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

I wondered this too. Also, given the economic times was there more going on in the family finances that he had heard? Were they about to lose their house? job? stability? Did the kid think he was saving everyone from hardship?
There's more to this than meets the eye.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

I hate to be a pain about this, but what you dont realise is that classic psychopaths dont feel bad , even when there are consequences. Intelligent, clinical, often well mannered and capable of deeply intellectual discourse, a psychopath requires no comfort, has no empathy with others save for that which benifits him, and ultimately is his own God, law, justice, and moral barometre. In essence, if its alright by him, then its alright in general. Remorse is alien to a person of this mental make up, as is repentance, or awareness of consequence.
Life while not a game to a psychopath, is not like it is for you or I . They can be aware of love being poured into them, and are aware enough and capable of SHOWING it back, but are incapable of it themselves.
This is why psychopaths are so dangerous to others. Even basic ideas like self preservation work differently for a psychopath. They just dont follow the same kind of cause and effect understanding that you or I work to.
I wouldnt count on any sorrow or grief on the young fellows part, unless I miss my mark, or unless he has expirience in hiding his lack of emotional connection to his actions or thier results.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Well, I don't know what to make of this to be honest. People don't just snap for no good reason whatsoever. Whether he simply had a personality that was greatly affected by violent media or not, I have no clue but it's certainly a possibility. Could this guy have been mind controlled? I think that's a possibility as well.

The human mind is incredibly complex, and what I've learned in my time is we think we know ourselves, our family, our community, and so on, but in reality we're only gleaming the surface. There truly could have been dozens, if not hundreds of minute factors that all culminated into this one, horrific experience.

Very tragic any which way you look at it.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Wait...............
Where's his mother? I see the father, the grandmother, and the great aunt. Where is this boy's mother?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

This is a 14 year old kid still trying to work his place out in society. Reports are he is well mannered and does not go around torturing cats and other furry animals. He is not an adult, just a young kid who made a really bad mistake. But who knows? we are all just going off some report.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Someone else mentioned Amityville. I also remember that kid in Amityville saying he didn't know why he did it. I think though a lot of people were saying he was prone to explosive tempers and stuff if I am not mistaken. Anyway they feel the house was haunted and caused this (that's the speculation). Well I am going to throw a wild crazy idea out there, what if the gun was cursed?
I know it's whacky, but I am just trying to put a new theory out.
edit on 21-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling & clarity

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
It was the NRA back in the 1960's that was certifying young shooters. They had goals for shooting paper targets at different distances. It sold lead and guns and probably military service. You could become quite proficient at focusing, breath control etc, and get a thrill out of each new level of accuracy you reached. These days some kids are into graffiti. They are shooting the walls and trains with spray paint cans. The results become a tattoo of their state of mind at the time. I've seen some group graffiti collage that almost seems to create a dynamic palimpsest.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Why must everyone use tragic events like this to push their own gun control agendas...

That is not the issue here..

The question is, gun or no what happened to this boy that made him snap like that...

I just can't see how you would murder your whole family just for the 'f' of it!

I started shooting (.22) when I was 10 years old.... In fact that's when I got my first rifle... I didn't get the impulse to just go around killing my loved ones.. That argument is null
edit on 21-1-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RobertAntonWeishaupt

That was the FIRST thing I thought of when I saw the article...."why do mugshots exist for everyone who got shot??" If those are, in fact, mugshots and this family was no stranger to crime, the boys actions may've very well been REactions.

Definitely more goin on here that what's on the surface.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Reply to post by starsyren

Could just be the faces were all taken from photos with similar backgrounds.

The article says the cops hadnt been to the house before for anything serious.

Seems like a family of jailbirds would be a happily reported fact and so far it hasnt been reported at all.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Expect to see more of this as long as parent-slaves remain unawakened, and children, full of energy and life, are plunged deeper into a pointless world, void of love and spiritual intelligence.
edit on 21-1-2011 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Strange times are ahead of us.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
BAN GUNS!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Right, cause that worked so well in D.C. with the strictest laws and the highest gun crime rates.

Did you miss the posts were 98% of all gun crimes are committed by felons with illegal weapons. Banning their guns didn't seem to matter to their criminal nature?

Banning drugs has been so successful.

Banning prostitution seems to be doing great as well.

Somehow, drug addicts still find drugs, sex addicts still find willing vendors, and violent people still find a way to hurt one another.

But if you think another 10,000 pages of legislation on top of the 100s of 1000s of laws we already have is the solution, then write your congressperson. In the meantime, I'll keep going to the gun range and honing my skills.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

What good will that do, if a kid is truly going insane on the inside, he would use the gun for a much quicker, and not as violent way to solve his problem. Take guns away because people don't take care of their kids is no answer. He should of never had one to begin with, besides that rage will build up and he will use something else.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Banning guns won't do a thing other than have criminals make more money
everytime the Govt. bans something a black market is created!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
BAN GUNS!

At least you're consistent.
How about writing something longer than 1 line responses please as I know you have lots of brain power up there
Thanks,.

All caps too. Maybe not your day either.
edit on 21-1-2011 by Asktheanimals because: added comments

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

edit on 21-1-2011 by Crakeur because: corrected title to properly reflect the article being referenced

I think the title was more accurate before the boy's age was changed to 114.

CX

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Must be the oldest boy in the world too.

Might want to change the title if you're still able to.

CX.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join