It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14-Year-Old Boy Shoots Own Dad And Grandma

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

14-Year-Old Boy Shoots Own Dad And Grandma

www.allvoices.com

The officer said the 22 rifle gun he used to shoot the family members is his birthday present from the father. It is really a tragic story.

While being asked why he shot his father and the other members, the young man just replied “I don’t know.”

As the neighbors knew the teenage killer was a well-manner kid. He used to be normal like the other kids at his age, and has no psycho record. The ones who spent last weekend with this boy reported that he did not notice anything unusual.
This
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 21-1-2011 by Crakeur because: corrected title to properly reflect the article being referenced

edit on 21/1/2011 by kosmicjack because: title

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

No!

This is not a gun control thread.

What happened to this kid? Watch the video, people knew this kid as an ordinary boy with no weirdness to him at all.

Just a few minutes before the shooting he was fine and dandy, then after he got the weapon he just snapped.

What is with this "Snapping"?

This is a very sad story to say the least
However I think it's an interesting question to ask.. what makes normal people snap?

www.allvoices.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

While being asked why he shot his father and the other members, the young man just replied “I don’t know.”

That's creepy as hell right there.

And you gotta love this:

This family tragedy proves the unstable social status in United States and the big problem of the teenage when they are easily accessible to violence and weapons.

A completely bizarre, random act with nothing more from the killer than an "I don't know" and that's "proof" of a whole host of assumptions.

edit on 21-1-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
abnormal influence can make normal people snap

+55 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Three headshots. Maybe he thought it was a game and that everyone he killed would just respawn in the kitchen.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
WOW..... Thats just insane.. There is no other way to put it.. Im sure the further the investigators dig they will surely find something to help explain this behavior.. Perhaps he was abused? Physically, mentally, or sexually.. Hard to say. But then again, if someone was abusing him, why would they buy him a gun? Very bizarre story.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
i fear this will be tied to video games and then back to gun control . What a tragic story . I wanna meet this little punk i have a few questions for him

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Reply to post by strato

Maybe.

This article here:articles.cnn.com...:CRIME

Makes it sound like the boy shot them while they slept.

Police entered the house to find Joe Robert Lankford, the boy's 44-year-old father, shot to death in his bed, Fisher said. They found Virginia Gaston, 83, dead in her bed, apparently from a gunshot wound, he said. Gaston is believed to be the boy's great-aunt, Fisher said.

Sleep walking? Nightmare? Crazy projected mind control from an unmarked van across the street?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
You HAVE to consider when this is happening
Around all of this gun control brouhaha

It's hard to believe it's just a coincidence.

Hypnotism?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I have to agree with you on that one. I also find it creepy that his only response is, "I don't know." I again have to wonder if someone or something is "waking up" some kind of sleepers. Many unusual cases lately of kids just "snapping".

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by strato
Three headshots. Maybe he thought it was a game and that everyone he killed would just respawn in the kitchen.

I would hope a 14 year old would know the difference, If not, then he had issues. Once a psycho always a psycho. I'm sure it was the gun's fault.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
It doesn't say anything about his experience with guns. You don't just give a gun to a teenager, you first take them out and let them kill something. It isn't as fun as they imagine, and even for an experienced hunter it is quite sad and humbling.

Maybe he did just think it was a game, or maybe he just didn't realize what he was doing.

The last story like this where a kid got a gun for his birthday and then killed his father and his father's friend had all the makings of sexual abuse. The father messed up and armed the kid that he had been abusing with his friend!

Maybe this story has more to it, or maybe the kid was just entirely naive about guns, or...........very distant possiblity that there is something to all this mind control stuff.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
It's like someone helping his or her parents cook, and they say grab and knife, and they just start stabbing them. Police come ask why "I don't know" Remember some of the best kids, well mannered who seem like they have no problems, just might be holding it all in, and when a opportunity shows itself they take action.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
This doesn't add up. This kid needs to be hypnotized and analyzed by a non-governmental professional psychoanalyst. The main questions, to me, are obviously why? And "did you realize you were actually ending their lives"?
I would want to know what they consider "normal" as well. How did this kid spend his time?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

The MK Ultra crowd will be here any second.

The thing about such conspiracies that involve people, such as some black program, gives humans a sense of control. That humanity is in control.

No one likes to entertain the idea, that at times we lose control and it has nothing to do with humanity.

People would rather believe in psychoconspiratorial projects ran by humans than ponder a paranormal or parapsychological origin for such phenomena.

I had mentioned before in another thread the amazing accuracy of these shooters possibly having a parapsychological origin... no one replied.

If there is a non human element involved, I think it greatly disturbs people. Secret societies and other such conspiracies, offer a sense of hope. The bad guys are human and we can fight back.

On the other hand, nonhuman phenomena is somewhat hopeless. We can't understand or relate to it. We can't fight it. It is unknown, alien and awefully horrifying.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
this is very confusing...maybe a failure in the manchurian candidate programming?

or maybe he did what he was programmed for? to take away weapons from people?

how can he say " i dont know" ?

somethings fishy here

ye sounds funny but...this is just wrong
edit on 21-1-2011 by angrydog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
i fear this will be tied to video games and then back to gun control . What a tragic story . I wanna meet this little punk i have a few questions for him

Agreed some teenagers don't know between fiction or reality in most video games.
It will indeed be blamed on the video games yet again

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The first thing that comes to mind is copy cat crime. Jared L. has gotten a lot of attention in the news for the last week. This kid may be thinking he'll be the next topic of conversation. Teenagers don't always have a good grasp on life.

On a totally different tangent, I just finished reading a thread on animal die-offs. I speculated there that when its human's turn there will be a lot dieing at once too. Maybe instead of dieing we will just go crazy, en masse. Jared and this kid are just the leading edge.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
It reminds me of Brenda Ann Spencer. After she opened fire on the school across the street she said " I don't like Mondays".

en.wikipedia.org...

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Better Source

Apparently he called 911 himself and told the officers that he would put the gun on the kitchen table. He was described as "calm, cool, and methodical."

He received the gun back in September, so it wasn't just a reaction to putting a gun in his hand.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join