It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14-Year-Old Boy Shoots Own Dad And Grandma

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

I'm just wondering how old the granny was. If he's 114 then she must have been the oldest woman on Earth.

As for the story - I think it'll make national now. ATS has a habit of aiding stories like this.

Be interesting to see what actually went down and why.

-m0r

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I read some of the posts on this earlier and was thinking of the reply the teen gave after asking why he killed his family. "I don't know" - very much like what a 4 or 5 year old would say when questioned about something they did that was not appropriate. I think this boy may have a developmental problem and he needs counseling and not jail time. Being that some said he was well mattered leads me to believe he may have been abused. I was well mattered (suffered child abuse) because if I wasn't I knew what would happen to me. Abused children live in their own secluded world. Someone help this child!
edit on 21-1-2011 by crazydaisy because: Deleted words

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I don't really buy into the mind control stuff very much but if it did exist I have a theory. What if this kid and Loughner were both tests? First they were seeing if they could make a person kill out in the open. Then they were seeing if they could make a person kill their own loved ones. If you can make people do those things then you can make them do anything.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
...re: photos of the victims... they're not mugshots... below the father's photo, there is a copyright that states department of public safety - iow, drivers license pic...

...re: mind control allegations... i think a lot of posters are suffering from lack of mind control...

...re: blaming video games... if his reality was so warped that he thought they wouldnt really die, he wouldve shot em back last september when he first got the gun...

...re: headshot takes a lot of experience... it doesnt if the victim is immobile or sleeping and you just stick the barrel of the gun in their face and pull the trigger... no expertise required...

...re: blaming guns... if the kid wanted his family dead - he couldve done that with a kitchen butcher knife...

...re: the neighbors comments... neighbors rarely know what goes on behind your closed doors...

...for all we know, that kid lived in such a hell hole that life in prison was a better prospect than putting up with it until he was old enough to live on his own - or - he was put on a med that broke his brain - or - he needed meds but the father couldnt afford it - but - thats just more speculation based upon no facts... we'll just have to wait for the trial...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by strato
Three headshots. Maybe he thought it was a game and that everyone he killed would just respawn in the kitchen.

that's what i was thinking...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Im not in a position to read all the replies, so if this has been mentioned...

There is a psychology term that describes that all too familiar vague impulse we all feel at the top of a tall building or edge of a cliff to jump...sometimes the impulse seems so strong and permeating, even though the average person would not even begin to program/ initiate the steps to carry it out....what happens if one did? what are you left with after the impulse is gone? Would you even know WTF you were thinking? the reaction from the kid (after the shootings) brings this to mind.

Of course, it would bolster my argument (not that I'm convinced this was the case, just thinking out loud) if he had just rec'd the gun...but I can almost grasp...understand (but not condone!) his dealing with this impulse in a very unprepared, hormone-racked, stressed out insecure inexperienced brain...but not the actual carrying out of the act, even once, much less twice....three times!

If I'm on the right path here....his psych tests will come back with your basic anti-social personality d/o, run-of-the-mill psycho-path so that the rest of us can sleep better at night. MSM may even dig up dirt on the victims to help paint a more familiar picture... I probably won't buy it. The more experiences I have in my adult life, the greyer boundaries become in viewing the actions of others.

I bet there is nothing nor has there ever been anything mentally wrong with this kid, other than a transient breakdown in impulse control brought about by a severe (but very common) biochemical imbalance that afflicts most teens...and this is just a very extreme example. Some commit suicide, some lash out. The conscience falls eerily silent, allowing the distorted mind to focus on and pursue the what-if question. Senses dull. Motor control under the will of the subconscious authority. Driven forward by the question, short-term memory is placed in a continuous loop, recording nothing as time rages forward...then

BAM!

There is no preventing this. There is no way to forsee it. There is no fail safe, and most importantly, there is no WHY. Men are dangerous beings, restrained by a very thin code of conditioned morality.

It is painful for us to be reminded of just how thin it can become.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Severely aberrant behavior in teenager:
Would request blood, urine and hair illicit drug analysis.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Wow, I had put the wrong thread title initially
I ended up putting the youtube video title
not sure how that happened

my apologies

Has anyone seen an interview with the boy or something

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

in the uk a 10 year old boy got a gun licence and i think that's to young to own your own gun when they've had no experience in the real world it should be at least 18 cos how many time do you get told off by your parents say for coming home late and you feel angry coz you feel your being pushed around but relay all there doing is protecting you

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I heard this reported on the radio this morning and immediately thought to myself that someone was going to once again take an anomaly and use it as a soap box.

Why is it that whenever something terrible happens people like to use it to illustrate their political agenda? "Guns, video games, bad parenting, downfall of family values" etc etc... ?

This is not an epidemic and doesn't represent a statistically valid proof for any societal issue!

Now if it happens a thousand more times this year I'll start looking for a societal issue along with everyone else who is, but any fewer than that is just an isolated anomaly.

Believe it or not people do "Go Crazy" for no reason at all, the human brain can fail, psychotic people do exist and always have.

I personally agree with the theory that there is some sort of paranormal influence here, it makes more sense than it being another cause that millions of others participate in but don't kill their families.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
You HAVE to consider when this is happening
Around all of this gun control brouhaha

It's hard to believe it's just a coincidence.

Hypnotism?

Wow it's been a busy month guys. This is just horrible. Yet another messed up thing to add to my list of recent events.

The sad thing about this country (and I guess human nature in general) is that someone right now is thinking to themselves "How can I use this to my advantage."

It's sick. As for the Hypnotism comment...in my experience Hypnotism can't get you to do anything you would object to doing on your own. I could be wrong though.

Let's see how the trial goes. Will he plead insanity?

Or will he make his case by claiming to have been influenced by hypnotism or mind control?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Remedylane

RR all the way man.

Anyways I agree with you, doesn't make sense for the kid to just randomly shoot his father and grandmother for no apparent reason.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

Best question asked on this topic so far!!

Does anyone know anything of her whereabouts?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Listen up folks - here is the main link we need to be investigating. ALL news reporters researching stories like this should ALWAYS find out if the suspect was taking ANY kind of medications. Specifically S.S.R.I. anti-depressants. There is a dirty little secret that many people do not know about which is that these drugs can cause drastic side effects - mainly suicidal and homicidal behavior. Did you know that the Columbine shooters were both having issues with the medications Luvox and Zoloft? Mark Harris had told his doctor months before the shooting that his meds made him feel suicidal - so he was switched. This would not only cause withdrawal effects but also an added bunch of side effects from the new drug. Shortly after he shot up his high school.

Anyways - the list of suicides and homicides and teenage school shootings is endless.

www.ssristories.com...

edit on 21-1-2011 by corsair00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Originally posted by seedofchucky
i fear this will be tied to video games and then back to gun control . What a tragic story . I wanna meet this little punk i have a few questions for him

Agreed some teenagers don't know between fiction or reality in most video games.
It will indeed be blamed on the video games yet again

Well, maybe it should be. Im going to do a thread on this. When I was a kid, I played defender, and mike tysons punch out. Kids today are playing uberrealistic war simulations and grand theft auto 4.

You dont think that stuff has any effect on young minds? I think our society proves it does.

Well let me counter you with this

What about the Televisions shows how come they get a free passing? today's televisions shows are the most
unrealistic, sexist and violent shows i have ever seen hmm lets see theres CSI and Criminal Mind you don't thinke got the idea from the TV show? and so simple and easy.

After all alot of young adults do spend time watching television.

Why shouldn't television be held accountable?

You don't think that stuff has any effect on young minds? I think our society proves it does

Video games don't cause people to go mad and shoot everyone, thus it doesn't have any effect on the minds believe i know.

And honestly this is due to bad parenting fault not video games, why would the parents would even load a gun and give the gun to there sons birthday? i think thats stupid.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by corsair00

Years ago my stepson was put on medication for ADHD, ODD, RAD etc. We were all three of us working on the roof and he walked to the edge and just stood there staring down at the ground. When I asked if he was ok he said he felt compelled to jump, and the reason he didn't was because (his words) "If I didn't die you'd beat the crap out of me for scaring you like that!"

EDIT TO ADD: We took him off that very day and never gave him another behavior modification drug again!
edit on 21/1/2011 by SeenMyShare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
This is parental incompetence that will be blamed on FPS games, guns and social instability when its more the father's fault than anything else... Primary what kind of idiot buys a real firearm to a kid and grants him full access to it... At this age they are into/about to get into puberty and rebellion phases you DON'T PUT A GUN IN THEIR HANDS WITHOUT SUPERVISION!... Lots of hormones give lots of impulses...

At 14 years old a air rifle is acceptable so that he can learn the basics of shooting and gun safety... 16 he MIGHT have his own rifle that WILL be locked in dad's safe and bullet locked in another location in a metal case with a lock on it... Can't use without dad's permission and supervision... At 18 he might now use the gun as he please...

This gives enough time for the kid to learn about gun safety and good practice of how to use firearms and allows the parent to keep and eye on the child of any unusual behaviors... I mean if I buy my "future not yet born or neither in the making" kid a air gun and the week after every single cat in the neighborhood disappeared and I have to plow dead birds off my backyard lawn...

I WILL NOT buy him a firearm and I will seek professional advise.. damn... I don't have kids and even I have more common sense than those parents... gun don't kill people...people kill people the gun is just a tool... If its not a gun it'll be something else and likely more gruesome....

To all the anti-gun folks here... When all the guns are banned and there's nothing but machetes and axes left and you see some maniac head toward you with a axe...Ohhh how much you'll wish it was a gun...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by colton83

www.youtube.com...

Watch that and see if you still don't buy into it. I agree with your theory.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I blame the 1st Amendment, the 2nd Amendment, video games, Adult Swim and freedom in general.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Im trying to figure out why his father decided it was ok to buy a 14 year old a gun? And because of that the Father and Aunt Payed the Ultimate Price. Im happy grandma survived she will be able to shed some light on what happened even if the boy wont talk.
edit on 21-1-2011 by JohnieG because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join