It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14-Year-Old Boy Shoots Own Dad And Grandma

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

Originally posted by gnosticquasar
I think the kid was probably being abused and he just snapped when he got the weapon. He could've gotten it, been angered, and then his bottled up rage just took over. A kid that's been abused has issues with trust, so he wouldn't tell anybody anything no matter what.

Wow. So without any proof whatsoever, you are now accusing the VICTIMS in this case of child abuse.....just wow.

To be fair, there are alot of accusation of mind control, him being hynotised etc without any proof too.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Crazy. He could have been a nut but no recognized, or maybe a test canddate for MK Ultra methods. I would think they are always working on improving their methods. It's like that Naked Gun movie, where the woman is programmed to kill the Queen.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish

Haha.. well how many different ways do people say "I don't know?"

Maybe he said "I DO(wink wink wink)n't know."

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Yeah.. people that start the Manchurian/mind control over ever incidence of murder without (known) cause kinda weird me out a little bit.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Haha.. well how many different ways do people say "I don't know?"

Maybe he said "I DO(wink wink wink)n't know."

Oh, many ways. My other half says "I love you". I know by the tone of voice when she says it sometimes, that it will soon be followed by a need or she wants me to do something.

edit on 21-1-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I hate to make this suggestion, because it bodes ill for the lad, but is there any chance that he did it to see if he could? Theres more to psychopathic behaviour than freaking out and blabbering nonsense, in fact classic psychopaths are utterly normal folks, who just so happen to have no moral or ethical boundaries, or would cross them anyway if they did.
They are not angry , nor sad or depressed, nor are they technicaly suffering a real imbalance of the mind. They know right from wrong. They just dont much care about the difference, and are just as likely to do one thing as another.
You see thats how psychopaths are different to persons who are mentaly unfit. In terms of thier psychological health, a psychopath can rarely be said to be mentaly unstable. They are often calm at all times, even when elbow deep in a chest cavity, or throttling the life out of some poor unfortunate soul. Its VERY hard to tell a psychopath apart from other people unless they are actualy involved in a serious act of depravity when you see them, because apart from that action, they will seem utterly comfortable, at ease, in control. They bare all the marks of a healthy psychopathology and yet, they are also utterly monsterous in thier capability to do great wrong, and be utterly at peace before during and after. They are as comfortable with chaos as they are with peace, with great savagery as they are with tenderness, and although able to tell one from the other, are unlikely to let the difference stop them once a course of action has impressed itself upon them. They are one of the most engigmatic subjects in all psychology, and I would not be suprised to find that this child has some of that dark spoor within his mind.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Haha.. Yeah, I know that one.
That ones an easy one though. Fun to call them on though so they have to say "i love you" then pretend to do something for five minutes before coming back and asking like they just remembered.

edit on 21-1-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Originally posted by seedofchucky
i fear this will be tied to video games and then back to gun control . What a tragic story . I wanna meet this little punk i have a few questions for him

Agreed some teenagers don't know between fiction or reality in most video games.
It will indeed be blamed on the video games yet again

Well, maybe it should be. Im going to do a thread on this. When I was a kid, I played defender, and mike tysons punch out. Kids today are playing uberrealistic war simulations and grand theft auto 4.

You dont think that stuff has any effect on young minds? I think our society proves it does.

Did Defender and Punch Out turn you into either a starship captain or a boxer? :-)

In all seriousness, I have my own beef with modern video games; but I'm doubting that was the cause her.e

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by RobertAntonWeishaupt

It's not the actual content of the video games that are making the youth crazy. It's the fact that parents let them play them all day until they become obsessed with them. Then they tie up all those crazy adolescent emotions into these games and tech and material possessions. Ever read the stories of kids killing themselves because their parents took away their xbox's? Just for like a day, they jump in the river. Or they freak out enough to kill over a canceled WOW account.

That is what is making kids nowadays nuts.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
it looks like the kid had a lot of pent up anger and just released it thru hi rifle. it also sounds like a subconscious reaction since he says he didn't know why.

guns are very powerful and some people can't handle it. when you hold a loaded gun, you effectively have instant power of life.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
sad sad sad...i wonder if the young man was on any pharma. drugs.. i was once prescribed a sleep aid, ambien to be exact.. i had to stop taking it because i was doing VERY strange things in my sleep... once i "woke up" in the middle of the nite, got in my car and drove to jack n the box.. got to the drive up window and snapd back to reality.. like wtf am i doing here??
that was the last time i took the pills..

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Face and head shots. Sound familiar?

Examine what he witnessed on tv and possibly video games he may have played.

I am a firm believer that Mind Control is very real and it is beyond what you may have been taught regarding its early stage and emergence from the 50s-70s. Did you know an unaware subject can be mind controlled to mind control someone else? We teach each other. Memetics.

The keywords regarding this story is it was a Shock and Snapped

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by strato
Three headshots. Maybe he thought it was a game and that everyone he killed would just respawn in the kitchen.

dont mean to be morbid,but this made me piss!! lol

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Agreed when I first held a loaded gun thats what went through my head. You just feel different for a moment because you know you have the power in your hands to do what you want, it's how people choose to act on that. That's why there is the need for training and more than that self discipline, you cannot give a child a gun and know he is gonna be fine with it.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Those family photos are rife with angst and agony. The great aunt was apparently in a hospital bed. My feeling is that there was a lot of sadness in that home. Was he trying to end the misery -- not just for himself, but for everyone?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Reply to post by njh1988

That creeps me out.

My first thought was of not wanting to miss the target and look like an idiot.

Can't say I've ever felt that "power of death" thing you two have.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I;m laying odds this kid was on some kind of anti-depressant or another.
Very sad and tragic.

People say the .22 is a poor choice for a survival rifle.
Yes, you can kill people with a dinky little .22 bullet.

The timing with all the other random shooting news is quite strange.
I wonder if it;s not the publicity that JLL got that made this kid think "I want to be famous"

My thoughts and prayers to the surviving family members.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

I think the realism of games today may have some impact on children who play them. I mean, the mosters in the films I watched when I was a kid seemed real enough, even though now after re-watchng them you cringe at the special effects of that era. Think cardboard, egg boxes and paint.

We used to play soldiers with pretend guns, shooting people who walked past, yet that used the imagination.

Games today are very realistic, I wish I had games like they have now when I was a kid.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Not really like a hardcore I'm in a trance, but more of a hey with this I can rob a bank etc. but then your like yea right and go to jail, kill someone, so on. Maybe thats what happened to this kid over time, maybe he was shooting small things like cans then moved to rabbits, saw how he could create death just by the pull of a trigger.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by njh1988
reply to post by randomname

Agreed when I first held a loaded gun thats what went through my head. You just feel different for a moment because you know you have the power in your hands to do what you want, it's how people choose to act on that. That's why there is the need for training and more than that self discipline, you cannot give a child a gun and know he is gonna be fine with it.

Really? Did the same thought cross your mind when you first got behind the wheel of a car? Death by car accident is much greater than being shot by a gun. Did that thought cross your mind when you first turned the ignition?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join