It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14-Year-Old Boy Shoots Own Dad And Grandma

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I blame it on the political rhetoric.

No, really.

Cognitive dissonance.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Why are some worrying about the snipes at Palin
I'm not even a Palin fan really, but the hits at her are pathetic

You people are taking victims and using them for political points
I don't know much about Palin but I don't think she would publicly stoop to your levels

There is absolutely no measurable level of intelligence whatsoever with using this for political points
Shame on some you tabloid soap opera fans

Some people taking this dark path might find themselves belonging to:

Study: Colleges and Universities failing to teach critical thinking skills

As noted a significant number of students were unable to break out fact from opinion, make a clear written argument or "objectively review conflicting reports of a situation or event", the study found. In fact those students who fell into this category had a tendency to be swayed by emotion and political spin.

washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

hmm... maybe I should have separated the two sections of my post better. I was addressing two issues. The first part of my post was addressing the disciple suggested above.

The second part of my post was explaining DID/MPD and suggesting this was the probably cause of the incident.

I never intended the two sections to be construed together. My fault for lack of clarity in separating the two parts/issues.

Spanking does not cause DID/MPD.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Another American boy shot some people & ATSers are suprised? Personally I'll be surprised if the USA gets through the rest of this year without a similar incident happening at least once more.

1) The boy is American.
2) The boy appeared to be a normal American.
3) In the normal American way, the boy had access to a gun.
4) In a way which is far from abnormal in America, the boy shot people he knew, rather than strangers.
5) In a normal teenage American response, the boy claims he doesn't know why.
6) In the normal American way, the boy probably doesn't know why.
7) Go back to line (1), rinse & repeat.

Why do Americans kill each other more often than those of any other nation on Earth?

I know, but I'm not telling, b/c the battle lines in the USA were drawn years ago & I dont want the info to fall into the wrong hands. Amongst the various US factions, none can win, but there's 1 I want to see lose so badly that they are pretty much eradicated. Thus I'll present the info cryptically, so that the foot-soldiers of that faction either cannot understand or will not accept it, in the form of 2 search terms:

"Bhutan"

"Freud's nephew Public Relations myth".

For those Americans who have no idea what I'm on about, I urge you to consider this: criminals are able to get hold of fully automatic weapons. You have a right to form a militia to protect yourself from tyranical govt or foreign invasion. These latter would also use full-auto weapons. You should have the right to legally own them too. When you consider that these enemies are likely to take measures to protect themselves against ordinary ammunition, you obviously need access to DU rounds also.

Email your congressperson. Do it. Do it now. For freedom!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Fair enough

Then what does "Discipline" do
And what are the cons versus how Indian and Chinese kids have turned out?

Xbox/Facebook/Alcohol Drinking/Smoking Soon-To-Be-Addicts versus very family oriented great students?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

You do not think I was saying that do you?

I was being sarcastic and then gave the definition of the thing. Just clarifying, you are not misunderstanding my post?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Knowing such people the answer is painted on them. One of three possibilities: Riddilin or something similar, child abuse, or, and let me put on my conspiracy mask, Something outside activated him, conspiracy mask off.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

Actually the US is pretty low on intentional homocides. However, the reason we are higher than most Europeans or elsewhere is pretty obvious. Most of those nations have 30-90 million people. We have 300 million. More people, more murderers.

Also I'd love to see some sources for your list.
edit on 21-1-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
You do not think I was saying that do you?

I was being sarcastic and then gave the definition of the thing. Just clarifying, you are not misunderstanding my post?

No not at all friend
I fully know you were being sarcastic

I was mostly referring to those not being sarcastic

Your post was correct and on point and sarcasm was clear

EDIT: Starred both of your posts
edit on 21-1-2011 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by strato
Three headshots. Maybe he thought it was a game and that everyone he killed would just respawn in the kitchen.

That's what I was thinking. I want to know what this boy did in his spare time. What games did he play and what movies did he watch. Did his dad explain to him that the things on the TV and in the games are not real and if they become real bad bad very bad things will become of it? Also I want to know what his dad said to him when he received the weapon. Did his dad take him aside and explain the good and bad things about this weapon? Did he go shooting with his dad before he received the rifle or did his father say "here you go son"?

I'm not trying to put blame on the games or television. What I am saying is this an example of bad parenting or not?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by _R4t_

Excellent advice for anyone with a child! I feel like making a billboard of your post - get something thru to the parents out there! Thank you!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I must agree. It seems to be a far-out case of sleep walking. The boy is clearly in shock, not deranged.

he was not able ... to articulate a reason for his behavior

in a calm, controlled, methodical voice that he would be waiting or come outside when police arrived, and he had laid the gun on the dining room table

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

You mean SOMEONE ACTUALLY was blaming the political? WOW!

Hey, whoever you are, you are insane.

This country is insane!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus
i'd normally say dont give kids guns. but this is clearly the fault of games like grand theft auto and call of duty.
you monsters!

There is no proof that he even played any video games.

Stop blaming the video game industry for every dam Gun shooting spear

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
I blame the 1st Amendment, the 2nd Amendment, video games, Adult Swim and freedom in general.

There is no proof that it was video games fault, in fact why don't you or any other ATS users blame the parent rather then the Amendments eh?

Oh and if you don't like freedom why don't you just leave then?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
reply to post by pianopraze

If what you are saying is true then theoretically one of the seven children in my family should have been a psychopath
When we got a woopin' it was a controlled punishment never given at the time of the event. Our parents had to have time to reflect and discuss the event warranting punishment between themselves first, and then with us. There were a set number of "whacks" that we'd much rather have had than the "talk"! Cool heads prevailed!
We were not abused, we were not molested and even though both of my parents are gone I thank them to this day for my upbringing. My siblings all feel the same way.

Gee, back when teachers were allowed to smack you with rulers I wonder why all those farm kids with access to guns didn't take one to school and blow the teacher away?

Ditto Ditto Ditto Well said.

Ex

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Why in heavens name are all of you looking for an excuse for this kid,
Drugs, video games, and more in this thread.??
I would also note that this kid was of high school age and
at a NORMAL level would understand life and death.

You put a gun in the hands of a mentally distured adult or child
and bad things happen!

Stop looking for excuses unless you want to also look for them
for every black as well as white child that murders!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

The whole thing stinks of MK ultra

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
why did the father buy a child a gun? i'm sorry though i dont live in america so dont fathom this action. i can say a whole lot more though its falling on deaf ears and the families of these countless senseless murders which occur in the 'free' country dont want to hear reasons, they just wan their family/friend back breathing, enjoying their deserved time on this planet. peace.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
brace yourselves people. first the constitutional void in court, and now a sudden massive report of "controlled gun" shootings. you take out the 2nd amendment, you no longer need to honor the first. this is indeed a time period of the greatest uncertainty.

massive animal die-offs, polar shifts, mass quakes world wide, the US about to be police state etc.....

be it cataclysms, change in religion or government or this break in cold fusion that could change the world; we are in for a HUGE change in our perception of living. Apocalypse translates into "lifted veil" so who knows, maybe the mayans and hopi were predicting just that.....the sheeple waking up :::crosses fingers:::

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join