It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Windows tracking links to WEF and more:

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2024 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Every new install of windows 11, before you touch a web browser or do anything at all, reaches out to two websites.

1. Full circles studies inc owned by comscore
2. Onetrust

Comscore and Microsoft announced their partnership in 2009:

Microsoft Advertising and comScore Collaborate to Bring New Digital Insights to Traditional Media Planners July 30, 2009 
 REDMOND, Wash. — July 30, 2009 —

Microsoft Corp. today announced it is collaborating with comScore Inc. to develop a digital media planning solution, named the Reach and Frequency Planner (RF Planner), which will allow brand advertisers to predict reach, frequency and audience composition at the ad placement level. The RF Planner uses a hybrid audience measurement method that combines Microsoft’s ad serving data with demographic information from comScore’s panel. It will offer forecasted reach and frequency for online advertising campaigns and comScore’s post-buy reporting to show how closely the campaign performance tracked to the prediction. The tool represents the ability for brand advertisers to conduct the complete front-to-end media buying and planning process in the digital environment, using metrics similar to those existing for traditional media.

Microsoft

Comscore is, of course, a WEF darling: Link

Back in 2007, Comscore was honored to be named one of 47 Technology Pioneers by the WEF. To be selected as a Technology Pioneer, a company must be involved in the development of life-changing technology innovation and have the potential for long-term impact on business and society. In addition, it must demonstrate visionary leadership, show all the signs of being a long-standing market leader – and its technology must be proven. So, you can imagine how much I was looking forward to the meeting in Tianjin -- where Comscore was named one of twelve companies described as ‘Global Growth Shapers’.

The theme of this year’s conference was “Driving Growth Through Sustainability”, which, in the words of the WEF, recognizes that achieving sustainability requires committing to a new mind set – one that is determined to challenge long-held economic assumptions, rethink business models and explore scientific and technological solutions to foster innovation and creativity within organizations. It is also a theme that highlights the role of the New Champions and calls upon us to embrace a new holistic systemic and integrated approach to sustainability, focusing on not only environmental but also economic and social impact.

Onetrust states:

What does OneTrust do?

OneTrust builds the Trust Intelligence Platform – connecting privacy, GRC, ethics, and ESG teams, data, and processes – so companies big and small can collaborate seamlessly and put trust at the center of their operations and culture.   

We help companies and supply chains stay resilient through the unknown. We empower ethical cultures so companies can uphold the highest standards of trust. We help measure and track ESG initiatives so companies can play a meaningful role in shaping a better future for all. 

WEF now blocks anonymous views so I won’t view the site and post links. Just search WEF ESG and you will get an eye full.

So before you ever touch your computer it (and by extension you) are tagged.

I only use windows as a gaming machine - like a Xbox. Not sure I would ever use windows again for anything more. It used to not be like this, but it’s getting worse and worse.
edit on 29-3-2024 by pianopraze because: Forgot Comscore wef link, inserted it

edit on 29-3-2024 by pianopraze because: Added quote

posted on Mar, 29 2024 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

Yikes!

I suppose it was inevitable that they would do so.

posted on Mar, 29 2024 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Stop Windows Spying

posted on Mar, 29 2024 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze

Every new install of windows 11, before you touch a web browser or do anything at all, reaches out to two websites.

2. Onetrust

Microsoft Advertising and comScore Collaborate to Bring New Digital Insights to Traditional Media Planners July 30, 2009 

Microsoft Corp. today announced it is collaborating with comScore Inc. to develop a digital media planning solution, named the Reach and Frequency Planner (RF Planner), which will allow brand advertisers to predict reach, frequency and audience composition at the ad placement level. The RF Planner uses a hybrid audience measurement method that combines Microsoft’s ad serving data with demographic information from comScore’s panel. It will offer forecasted reach and frequency for online advertising campaigns and comScore’s post-buy reporting to show how closely the campaign performance tracked to the prediction. The tool represents the ability for brand advertisers to conduct the complete front-to-end media buying and planning process in the digital environment, using metrics similar to those existing for traditional media.

Microsoft

Back in 2007, Comscore was honored to be named one of 47 Technology Pioneers by the WEF. To be selected as a Technology Pioneer, a company must be involved in the development of life-changing technology innovation and have the potential for long-term impact on business and society. In addition, it must demonstrate visionary leadership, show all the signs of being a long-standing market leader – and its technology must be proven. So, you can imagine how much I was looking forward to the meeting in Tianjin -- where Comscore was named one of twelve companies described as ‘Global Growth Shapers’.

The theme of this year’s conference was “Driving Growth Through Sustainability”, which, in the words of the WEF, recognizes that achieving sustainability requires committing to a new mind set – one that is determined to challenge long-held economic assumptions, rethink business models and explore scientific and technological solutions to foster innovation and creativity within organizations. It is also a theme that highlights the role of the New Champions and calls upon us to embrace a new holistic systemic and integrated approach to sustainability, focusing on not only environmental but also economic and social impact.

Onetrust states:

What does OneTrust do?

OneTrust builds the Trust Intelligence Platform – connecting privacy, GRC, ethics, and ESG teams, data, and processes – so companies big and small can collaborate seamlessly and put trust at the center of their operations and culture.   

We help companies and supply chains stay resilient through the unknown. We empower ethical cultures so companies can uphold the highest standards of trust. We help measure and track ESG initiatives so companies can play a meaningful role in shaping a better future for all. 

WEF now blocks anonymous views so I won’t view the site and post links. Just search WEF ESG and you will get an eye full.

I only use windows as a gaming machine - like a Xbox. Not sure I would ever use windows again for anything more. It used to not be like this, but it’s getting worse and worse.

Very glad I stuck with Windows 10. All of the really important innovations are in Win10.

Windows 11 offers almost nothing of value beyond Windows 10 and in fact, you actually lose a lot upgrading.

Essentially, upgrading is downgrading.

Stay with Windows 10. It is still being updated regularly. Mine just updated again this morning.

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Yet more motivation to switch to Linux.

I currently dual boot Windows 10 and Linux Mint, and already had plans to make the switch permanent in the near future. I had no intentions of moving to Windows 11.

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Economic and social impact , sounds like their way of saying we will all be equally poor and miserable . After all this is what DEI (diveristy, equity, and inclusivity) stands for. Nobody gets to be a high achiever anymore as there would no point at all if all end up equally poor .Because their plans are about pulling everyone in the US , and including the US economy down to 3rd world nations : so they can 'build back better' (agenda2030)

edit on 30-3-2024 by ScarletDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScarletDarkness

Economic and social impact , sounds like their way of saying we will all be equally poor and miserable . After all this is what DEI (diveristy, equity, and inclusivity) stands for. Nobody gets to be a high achiever anymore as there would no point at all if all end up equally poor .Because their plans are about pulling everyone in the US , and including the US economy down to 3rd world nations : so they can 'build back better' (agenda2030)

How does this relate to the OP?

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SchrodingersRat

I agree, don't go to Windows 11, i bet Microsoft buddies read this.

Public forums, only gives ideas to these people. They always seem to make changes. And these so called updates... reek of new telemetry tech.

Hence why i feel windows update has no stop button... only the un-empowering... pause for 7 days bla bla button.

Life is freaky, then you get Microsoft. Cutesy and freaky... like IT the clown... stalking information on you from the windows kernel, i.e the drain. Also, get it, I.T. information technology. The information tech now stalks our information.

edit on 30-3-2024 by JonnyC555 because: Comma

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SchrodingersRat

originally posted by: ScarletDarkness

How does this relate to the OP?

It mentions 'economic and social impact' , for one. More off course, but those terms stood out to me.

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freth

I currently dual boot Windows 10 and Linux Mint, and already had plans to make the switch permanent in the near future. I had no intentions of moving to Windows 11.

Have you read about the Linux backdoor recently discovered?
I think the only way to be (sort of) safe from Big Brother is to get rid of our computers and cell phones.

Backdoor found in widely used Linux utility breaks encrypted SSH connections
Malicious code planted in xz Utils has been circulating for more than a month.

[arstechnica.com...]

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Stay with Windows 10. It is still being updated regularly. Mine just updated again this morning.

And what do you think those updates do? If Microsoft is evil in Windows 11, there's no reason to think they wouldn't adapt the same in 10. They also get you with Microsoft Edge. It's probably worse than Windows when it comes to privacy and they have versions for Linux, Android, MacOS and iOS.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 10:42 AM
link   

2. Onetrust

Microsoft

Onetrust states:

What does OneTrust do?

The public has been spied on since the dawn of time . Only people who need to worry are those doing bad things .
Are you worried ? Im definitely not .

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: tarantulabite1
Stop Windows Spying

That doesn't work, because Windows 11 requires an internet connection to even install the OS.

So basically, for an off the shelf PC, you need to download the debloat/privacy tool from another network (library or workplace), and run the tool on the PC before ever connecting it to the internet... Then you need to re-run the privacy tool periodically, as the urls Microsoft uses for telemetry changes.

Or, you need to build a custom PC. Again, you need to download the debloat/privacy tool from another network, and then when you're installing Windows 11, you need to disable the network check:

On the “Let’s connect you to a network” page, use the “Shift + F10” keyboard shortcut. In Command Prompt, type the OOBE"BACKSLASH"BYPASSNRO command to bypass network requirements on Windows 11 and press Enter.

Than you need to run the privacy tool before connecting to your network, and periodically after that.

Not worth it, really... just install Linux.

But, to be perfectly honest, there's hardware backdoors in every CPU, so none of this really matters.

edit on 31-3-2024 by ashisnotanidiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 12:23 PM
link   

2. Onetrust

Microsoft

Onetrust states:

What does OneTrust do?

Very glad I stuck with Windows 10. All of the really important innovations are in Win10.

Windows 11 offers almost nothing of value beyond Windows 10 and in fact, you actually lose a lot upgrading.

There's just as much telemetry in Windows 10 as in Windows 11. They actually patched IN all the telemetry from Windows 10 INTO Windows 7 with one of the major hotfixes.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

originally posted by: Freth

Have you read about the Linux backdoor recently discovered?
I think the only way to be (sort of) safe from Big Brother is to get rid of our computers and cell phones.

Backdoor found in widely used Linux utility breaks encrypted SSH connections
Malicious code planted in xz Utils has been circulating for more than a month.

[arstechnica.com...]

The only systems it affected are bleeding edge distros. Distros like Fedora 40 (beta), Arch (Steam Deck).

Yes, Linux is just as insecure as other OSes. They like to hide behind their Open Source status by claiming everyone can review the code so it's inherently more secure. But that's complete nonsense.

It takes months for developers to get up to speed in the codebase when they get hired to a job. And most developers are not system engineers hired to design operating systems.

Most developers reviewing Linux source code have no idea what they're looking at.

If anything, closed source binaries are inherently MORE secure than Open Source because the closed source binaries are obfuscated through the compilation process. This means you need to reverse engineer the software through the Assembly before you can attack it, and not very many people are versed in Assembly anymore.

BUT, from a telemetry standpoint, Linux is better than Windows.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Sadly, I stuck to windows 10 as long as I could but had to get a new laptop and it has windows 11, is a pain in the ass with all these tracking and advertising, is annoying as hell, I only use my laptop for gaming also.

After 2024 widows will not long upgrade their windows 10 software, that means that my older laptop with windows 10 will not be updated anymore, because it was built in 2016 Is no upgradable to 11.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ashisnotanidiot

2. Onetrust

Microsoft

Onetrust states:

What does OneTrust do?

There's just as much telemetry in Windows 10 as in Windows 11. They actually patched IN all the telemetry from Windows 10 INTO Windows 7 with one of the major hotfixes.

I could care less about the telemetry.

What I don't like about Windows 11 is that it offers very little to no advantages over Windows 10 and there's a lot of "crap" baked into it. Which would be OK if it offered something in exchange for the crap. It doesn't.

Maybe the next version of Windows will have some innovations that will make the upgrade worth it.

But until then, I'm fine right where I am.

ETA - there are numerous ways to get rid of the telemetry stuff if a user really wants to. Task manager will allow you to kill all the running tasks and a good startup manager and registry editor can handle removing them and/or keeping them from loading at boot.

edit on 3/31/2024 by SchrodingersRat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SchrodingersRat

That is the first thing I did when I got my new laptop, I killed all that I did not need, including that annoying copilot and Microsoft teams.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 05:47 PM
link   

ETA - there are numerous ways to get rid of the telemetry stuff if a user really wants to. Task manager will allow you to kill all the running tasks and a good startup manager and registry editor can handle removing them and/or keeping them from loading at boot.

No, this is on INSTALLATION and FIRST RUN. That's the point. You don't have the ability to disable those services during installation, and if you're already connected to the internet on first run (since you setup your internet connection during installation)...

Yea, you can disable whatever you want -- after installation and first run. But they already have the data.

And then, just for good measure, they re-enable some of those services (the ones required for telemetry) and change the urls they report to on every update, even on Windows 10... which means unless you're going back in to make those changes again after every update, you didn't really do anything.

At which point, why not just use Linux?

Fine, you don't care about telemetry. How about making changes to settings to something you've manually changed, without notifying you that setting is being changed?

It is YOUR computer, isn't it?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join