It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

does it bother you that the government is involved with this site

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
OK...let's say the Government is closely monitering ATS...

I'm not going to post my information. Hell, if you're here and reading my posts you already know who I am, what I do for a living, who my parents are...the whole nine. I have long since given up on the delusion that anything is beyond the Government's power. If you're on the grid, then you're on the grid. But, in the interests of free speech...

...your system is flawed, and you do nothing to fix it. Democracy, which was founded on the principles of "for the people" has become short sighted and self-serving. It is imperialism in a nice looking mask...no better than the monarchies of old...

...and I have to take ABSOLUTLEY NO ACTION for your little kingdom to come crashing down. The brilliant thing about corruption is that it is a cancer. The system will collapse all by itself, and I will gladly make myself a bowl of popcorn and watch intently. And, perhaps I seem delusional...but do you really think the Romans looked around at any point and thought they were going the way of the dinosaur?

So, place me under your microscope. I have nothing to hide, and no reason to hide it....think that was controversial enough to grab someone's attention?

GtkP

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LanMan54
reply to post by Ghostt

NOTHING THAT IS POSTED ON THE INTERNET IS 'PRIVATE', NOTHING! HAS IT EVER OCCURED TO YOU THAT THOSE WHO SIGN UP ON THE SOCIAL WEBSITES LIKE FACEBOOK AND TWITTER ARE A 'COLLECTIVE', THE MAJORITY, WHO THROUGH SOCIAL PROGRAMMING ARE BEING MADE TO CONSIDER THOSE WHO POST ON ATS OR PP FOR INSTANCE TO BE A 'THREAT', A 'RISK', OR 'MENTALLY ILL'?

yeah like this

How to Ruin Someone’s Life
visboo.com...
acidcow.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Guido the Killer Pimp

Best thing is that when dictatorships fall, really cool Republics where anything is possible comes out from them. Think about it. Where on Earth had a dictator ship fallen that did not follow with a place where if you worked hard, you would make it. The fall of the old order is an opportunity to shape the new one in our image for freedom. And best part about it is that the old order doesn't know the better until they're extinct.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guido the Killer Pimp
...and I have to take ABSOLUTLEY NO ACTION for your little kingdom to come crashing down. The brilliant thing about corruption is that it is a cancer. The system will collapse all by itself, and I will gladly make myself a bowl of popcorn and watch intently. And, perhaps I seem delusional...but do you really think the Romans looked around at any point and thought they were going the way of the dinosaur?

Unfortunately for your theory, the Roman Empire is alive and well and it still has enormous wealth and power . The Catholic Church and the Vatican are its public faces today. The descendants of many Royal families are doing quite nicely too. The Dinosaurs...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749
Honestly if you are saying stuff on this site that's gonna get you arrested then you shouldn't be saying it...12,000 active users talking about alternative topics and I haven't seen anyone get arrested.

I think people are trying to make ATS look bad by making threads like this.

I could be wrong...but I just find it odd you are so worried about something like that.

Sidenote: Google has your search history.

Sidenote 2: All of your IP addresses are being triangulated. You all dun goofed?

" I haven't seen anyone get arrested."
Of course not. Nobody ever would.

"Google has your search history."
Not mine.

"All of your IP addresses are being triangulated".
No, all packets are "stamped" with an origin and destination. There is no need to triangulate when the return address is clearly visible.
Unless, of course, you understand tcpip and how the internet works-----then there are workarounds for everything.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DanUKphd
look at the posts in this forum and pay attention to when they joined. Everyone has joined in the last few months. Now follow any ATS thread and the trend is the same - those posting have joined recently. So that begs the question: Where are those people who joined ages ago? Why are they not posting? Where are they? Do they know something the newbies don't?

Yeah, that this site is full of paranoid newbies.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I'm just here for the chupacabras. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Seriously, I like getting my news here. It's the latest and best news from all over the world with lots of firsthand of commentary from the people who live where the news is happening, like the chemical fire in the Netherlands. And it's all free of the breaking headlines about Lindsay Lohan. So no, it doesn't bother me if we are under govt scrutiny. That's to be expected these days no matter where you go and what you do. The Washington Post already did that series of articles about the myriad ways we feed the beast. Our posts are a drop in the bucket compared to the other information we surrender on a regular basis just going about our ordinary lives.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Since posting earlier, I am curious to see how this might pan out.

Keeps us guessing I guess, well in sorts it does.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Lol and I see the beat goes on!

If the new members have just found conspiracy, ET/UFO, and the rest, then it makes sense they get a bit paranoid over this site being monitored. If they have ventured over from other less organized places then also it could be an eye opener, but they should know if they have been on the trail to truth we are all monitored to one degree or another.

After the Louggie dude, it just goes to show the monitoring is weak at best anyway so why worry?

PS Nice Dress.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by aqlpskwo

I think the fact that the government hasn't shut this site down means you've uncovered nothing.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Ah! There's no need to worry about the government involved with this site. After all, the government is happily paid for by hard-working, tax-paying American citizens. So whatever "noise" may be occurring via ATS is sure to get on noticed one way or another. That's what makes this nation great! There's "free speech" and lots of speculations, along with some good ideas and opinions to keep this nation "fair and balanced".
edit on 2011-1-17 by pikypiky because: To correct for spelling and grammar.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by strangleholder1

Your going to say ats is tightly controlled? My @$$ go to the gray forum read some of their stuff and tell me with a atraight face they are sane, some of these topics go from fantasy to flat out insanity. My point is valid this basically is an anti-government site, not a government experiment, if it were I say it would be to see how many people are nuts.

Spelling and grammar errors come from the iPad, I'm not sure how to use it yet, and it messing everything up, seriously try it

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander
Typical pseudo-sceptical position. Do not engage with what is said, instead try to discredit the person saying it.

Discredit? Nope.

Stating facts. The information is freely available on his web page.

When the OP's source has actually worked for the agency, then it begs a question - can you trust the person making the claim?

It is said that you never leave the agency, you just wait for them to call you again.

And of course, you should never forget the sour grape factor of the claim itself, given the circumstances.

Still, you believe what you believe I guess.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Does the government own, manipulate, or otherwise controll ATS? Not a chance

...but, you would say that wouldn't you!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
If the government runs, controls, and manipulates this site and it's content... Then what are you ( as well as the rest of us ) doing here with the ability to create, control, post, author, and interact?

Think about it folks.

~Heff

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

look at the posts in this forum and pay attention to when they joined. Everyone has joined in the last few months. Now follow any ATS thread and the trend is the same - those posting have joined recently. So that begs the question: Where are those people who joined ages ago? Why are they not posting? Where are they? Do they know something the newbies don't?

They've all been taken away to...to...
Area Fif...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*SERVER ERROR*

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crutchley29
I smell extreme paranoia.

Is there any website that the government is not watching? I would probably hazard a guess that a bunch of UFO believing middle age men on ATS are the least of the governments worries, lets look at the common topics on ATS to ascertain whether we are being watched.

Reptilians are among us.
I was at Roswell
Nibiru exists
I filmed this UFO etc etc.
The end of the world is coming
The end of the world is tomorrow
The end of the world is next year
Chemtrails!
You have no freedom!

I would say that the government has little to worry about when it comes to ATS, they watch 4CHAN much more closely.

Yeah the NSA is totally monitering EVERYTHING on the internet, if you have netflix, they have a movie about the mistakes made on and prior to, 911, not a conspirancy movie, but just kacts about their muffs, and the NSA says that they have super computers, somewhere in the northwest, that totally moniters every bit of the internet as well as every single phone call, not only in the US but in the world, ALSO the CIA director was saying that he wanted the CIA to pursue such resorces as well, due to the lack of communication between the two department, I can't remember the exact name of the film, but if anyone wants to know it message me and I'll look it up

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I don't think it should be too much of a concern. Anyone who uses this site should already be aware or at least suspect it may be monitored.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Yes, we do.

Mandatory 2nd line

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I would be more concerned if people were "unaware" that every site is being monitored in some way. I worry less about the site, then I do about search's on Google. Some would say... awe come on, they cant do it for everyone.. well yes they can.

If Stanford has/had the largest database known

It's at the Linear Accelerator Center at the school he founded, Stanford University. SLAC, as it's known, is where some 500,000 gigabytes of information now repose.

The database is used by scientists from nine nations studying collisions between subatomic particles to understand how the behavior of matter and antimatter shaped our universe. The experiment mass-produces huge quantities of scientific data with industrial efficiency. Up to 500 gigabytes of data is sent relentlessly to the experiment's database daily, the university says.

www.bizjournals.com...

And that was in 2002, what do you think the gov has? Its not paranoia that makes us want to ask these things, but being aware that anything is possible, is what keeps our minds going.

Peace, NRE.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join