It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

does it bother you that the government is involved with this site

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by aqlpskwo

This is such crud I really don't want to post and bump this ridiculous thread.

FYI - government does not NEED a 'shadow site' to create a 'watch list.' They have neat little programs designed to watch everyone everywhere - just like the marketing corporations do to get your profile, interests, buying habits and credit scores, create their client lists and sell their "research" to other corporations.

Bah.

There is no personal privacy. Never was. Get over it.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

It is a watch list, one that is greatly needed. You see as the number of mentally ill rise, so shall security pro cautions. It is for national safety, many of you think that is a lie (because some of you cannot comprehend anything that doesn't have to do with a conspiracy)

You see we are approaching a dangerous time, not for us, but all of us, as a whole, the topic I am getting to are anti government establishments, you may think otherwise, but there are terrorist plots which include making the people mistrust their own government, sure governments can lie steal and have corrupt politicians (which get caught eventually)

But say someone were to become mentally unstable, find other mentally ill just like him/her, eventaully they harvest a plan based on their paranoia to say, attempt an assassination on a congresswoman, someone who doesn't have to do with some global plot, basically someone to blame, like Gabby Gillords (aplogize incase of misspelling of her name)

That is whynthis site is on the watch list, because time and time again, some mentally unstable person, who is an ats member goes out and kills a few people, it is not a conspiracy against this site, it is an attempt to locate these individuals before they go out and kill more innocences, so next time you are indulging in some conspiracy plot which doesn't exist, how about you consider the out comes, all the innocent people that might get hurt, and if all you care about are your delusions then you are not only illogical but selfish.

I am a member on this site for some reason and one reason only, to study you, I study human behavior quite well, and many are on the watch list and before you people jump to consluions(like you always do) I am not working for any group, I study human behavior because that is merely what I was born to do, for personal curiosity.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The name of this site is called ABOVETOPSECRET.com. What did you think would happen? And given this site's popularity, there's no question whether or not it's being watched.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by fakedirt
i personally have no problem with the governments scrutinising this site. you never know they may learn something previously not known. all you have to do is deny ignorance. it applies to everyone
regards f

My sentiments exactly - truth to power, although that said I don't see "them" as powerful any more.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Anthony1138

Hi,

I'm new to this site...

Anthony...you don't seem to be studying much. Studying something implies objective observation.

Mario

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
You would have to be quite naive to think the PTB aren't watching just about everything you do online. I just assume that they are and go on about it business as usual. La-dee-freakin'-da....

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Watch all they want. We are excercising our 1st Amendment rights. They know 95 percent of us are harmless. They also know, that the site owners are pretty darn good at self policing. I see no need to worry..unless someone is planning on inciting something. Or soundsWAY out of the norm, like the idiot in AZ. IMO

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Before I begin, Forgive me if I come across as repeating what may have been said, by someone else in another post.

My personal thoughts on the government being involved with this site is that while I support having our, "Freedom of Speech, I also know that in our country, it's not the enemy on the outside, as much as it is within our own home. To a short limit I would have to say that we are all being watched.

I value have a site such as ATS, simply so I can keep up with what is coming across the table. I just hate being catch short.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
When they created this website they created a url tag line "Uncovering Government Secrets" in the website code.

Which is why Google shows that next to the websites name. It's a programming thing.

In 2007 the site owners accepted 6 figures from a private entity to take part ownership of the website:

www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-above-network-llc-celebrates-ten-years-in-business-and-announces-completion-of-first-round-equity-capitalization- targeting-the-expansion-of-wwwabovetopsecretcom-52772432.html

How would a private entity make money on such an investment? Either adds sales where user data is collected and sold.....or it's a CIA front as John Lear suggested to suppress real information and collect real data that pops up...hush up the people posting it.

Who was the private entity that forked out 6 figures in 2007 to the site owners? Was John Lear right that it's the CIA?

www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/60773/John_Lear__ATS_com_Above_Top_Secret_Is_A_CIA_Front/

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Hehehe.
What a hoot.

The government is so afraid of the people, that I would be amazed if they DIDN'T monitor phones, texts, postings, travel, money transfers and millions of websites, social networks, and the like.

ATS must be a great self regulating honeypot for them, and a good resource for operatives taking the general temperature of the "conspiracy nut" crowd.

"When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Thomas Jefferson.

Just my observation, seems about 50/50 now.
Could go either way.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
You can't talk about many things chemistry related on here. No talking about illegal drugs, no discussion of explosives making or you'll likely be kicked off. This is definitely not the secret site for how to make things... disappointed? I'm not. Some things just wouldn't be as fun if everybody knew them, lol, or possibly dangerous too if people knew them incorrectly as well.

Winking at the mods.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Just don't post anything you wouldn't tell the wife

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by HENRY X

very good point. it would indeed be hard to explain why there are men going through the knicker drawer.
2nd
f

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Anthony1138

Well you definitely aren't part of any intelligence group because your spelling and grammar is very poor. English 101 is a requirement for any govt agent.

So by your own admission you're a voyeur, who likes to secretly study a group of people whilst having a clear dislike for them *cough* future stalker anyone? I may have to call homeland security because I find your post quite sinister and disturbing..

On the topic of the thread, ATS is one of the most tightly controlled spaces on the internet. I wouldn't be surprised if this website turned out to be one of the govt's many attempts at online social engineering...

edit on 17-1-2011 by strangleholder1 because: Topic adding...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

i mean you have to admit, if you type ATS search on Google comes out various list but one of them is called uncovering government top secrets?? and now youre here

KINDA LIKE THIS?
ILLUMINATI

Government has all sorts of watch programs from nicely dressed NSA personnel with fancy equipment to private redneck citizens(gang stalkers) that have some hacking abilities. Snitches.

But yes...they hit the forums pretty hard. Anywhere you can post your opinions.
Money talks and everyone has a price to sell out I dont care how moral you think you are.
edit on 17-1-2011 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Government Surveillance and unplanned obsolesence: case in point,

publicintelligence.net...

and then, the following link, although the blog is older (written after a press release) , it is filled with wisdom...like, the Brits bringing up the point, that by the time we write the spiders and bots for data collection... the information will be stale! It's Gilliam's "Brazil".

range.wordpress.com...

If it were not for my tax dollar going to this, it would be hilarious.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Government employees are people as well. As a person myself, I have to admit that I get caught up in this site at times. Who's to say that the government employees aren't the same? Some of them may very well have been absorbed into the conspiracy theory and meditative mind like the rest of us.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Honestly if you are saying stuff on this site that's gonna get you arrested then you shouldn't be saying it...12,000 active users talking about alternative topics and I haven't seen anyone get arrested.

I think people are trying to make ATS look bad by making threads like this.

I could be wrong...but I just find it odd you are so worried about something like that.

Sidenote: Google has your search history.

Sidenote 2: All of your IP addresses are being triangulated. You all dun goofed?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrAnnunaki
you hate to answer a question you know the answer too,
its just a question not a clame calm down

I do know the answer to the question and have stated it pretty clearly. The site is owned by Springer, Skeptic Overlord, and Simon Grey. However, you asked about proof..........

I in turn asked EXACTLY what kind of proof you required.

BTW
I'm always calm and lets face it Ive been here since 2004 and have seen this thread in various incarnations too many times to count

Just a few of the many threads:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

A simple search here will reveal many such threads of this very topic.
edit on 1/17/11 by FredT because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join