It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

does it bother you that the government is involved with this site

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by angelwrangler

loved the film myself especially de niro. what a blast!
regarding one making themselves crazy with fear and conjecture, i personally take a pragmatic approach in most areas of my life. problems appear, deal with them kind of attitude.
i would say i feel this isn't a fear based discussion and i sincerely hope that my posts are not seen that way. my perspective lies in making people aware of the potential presence in order for them (me included) to think twice before posting information which could be construed as seditious, libellous, inflammatory etc.
my first post on this thread centred round the fact that the government might just learn something here. i still think this the case. i for one would not underestimate their interest in this site, either from a formal agency level to agency employee with informal interests.
regards f
btw did you watch the imaginarium of doctor pernassus?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I wonder how many people know this is an English site....

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by fakedirt

No, I have not seen the movie...but I will! Always looking for new art.

I get the feeling ATS oldtimers do not like ATS newtimers? Maybe we should recommend segregation until our posts are up or something? This is off topic, but its hard to think when one is reading the posts and there is yet another insult hurled ones way? Anywho....

A star for you!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

and now i have yours. jk

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Truth01

stop alien abduction? so how do you stop an alien abduction? a not so serious question btw

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

does it bother you that the government is involved with this site

No, it does not bother me.
Literally anywhere you go on
the net, their presence is there.

However, this can be a good thing
if ur intelligent enough to use it to ur
advantage.

As Agents posting on a forum such as ATS
leave traces of intel in their posts if you can
decipher it

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
reply to post by aqlpskwo

This is such crud I really don't want to post and bump this ridiculous thread.

FYI - government does not NEED a 'shadow site' to create a 'watch list.' They have neat little programs designed to watch everyone everywhere - just like the marketing corporations do to get your profile, interests, buying habits and credit scores, create their client lists and sell their "research" to other corporations.

Bah.

There is no personal privacy. Never was. Get over it.

ridiculous thread eh? i dont need your FIY. maybe i just wanna look stupid to get your opinion? to get your opinion??..and youre telling me to get over it?..dont be rude man, i haven't insulted you yet..or perhaps asking you a stupid opinion is but i havent asked you yet.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

for a moment there i thought you were gonna write a haiku haha

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by angelwrangler

i won't give the plot away but it has elements of brazil.
your feeling regarding oldtimers and newtimers imo is unfounded. i guess patience or worn down patience has something of a factor here. i strive to treat everyone as equal until they prove otherwise. by this i mean i am prepared to read posts and opinions to widen my perspective however when i come across a poster with dubious claims and attitude to suit, sometimes i feel i must wade in. we all have a responsibility to respect each other on here (until proven otherwise!).
regards f

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervalentiodine

no, not when it says UNCOVERING GOVERNMENT SECRETS. you wanna uncover their secret? inside a site monitored by them?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
It is said that you never leave the agency, you just wait for them to call you again.

And of course, you should never forget the sour grape factor of the claim itself, given the circumstances.

Still, you believe what you believe I guess.

First of all, I don't think I have shown my cards in terms of what I believe on this... Shall I give you a clue?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying take anything at face value. You may be right not to trust all of Lear's claims. However my point is, the only way to claim the high ground is to demonstrate that any claims are untrue. Each claim should live or die in its own right.

What if I deliberately discredited myself by telling lies? Then made claims about a topic that were completely true. Would you all then think that anything I talk or write about is untrue? Should it really be that easy for me to discredit a topic and cover up the truth. No it should not!!!

It is not being a sceptic to fall into that type of trap. That is being naive about disinformation and propaganda. Unless of course it is deliberate...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ShogunAssassins

ok, then i hope you read this. if for some reason our population goes down drastically well you should know what to expect by then.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBigO

so you think the government is working for our best interest? music? media? commercials? religion? schools?on and on hahaha pretty funny man

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Hell yeah it does bother me that the govt is involved with this site, if they are. Tbf it bothers me very much that they're even involved in our country, If I'd a bigger set of balls I might be inclined to do something about it. Thanks universe I don't have a pair of whale sized balls, cuz I sure don't want the all encompassing hand of our great national c0cksuckers to come down upon me, thank you, karma from my past lives, thank yous much.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The problem with this thread is the word Involved... The government! What government? This site is worldwide no government is involved or paying for it as far as anybody knows. Yes they watching it just like they are any other site as said many times... I’m sure some of the accounts and regular posters are Intelligence agents but that could even be a bit farfetched.
ATS is the maddest place in the world.. If it were a real place I wouldn’t like to go but it’s a community I’m proud to be part of. You will meet posters who are off the walls insane and you'll read some of the best written information available online.
There is nothing more to it than meets the eye. It could do without the ads and the marketing but with this kind of traffic can you blame them. If it was my site I would
I love hating this place

edit on 18-1-2011 by spungy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anthony1138
reply to post by strangleholder1

Your going to say ats is tightly controlled? My @$$ go to the gray forum read some of their stuff and tell me with a atraight face they are sane, some of these topics go from fantasy to flat out insanity. My point is valid this basically is an anti-government site, not a government experiment, if it were I say it would be to see how many people are nuts.

Spelling and grammar errors come from the iPad, I'm not sure how to use it yet, and it messing everything up, seriously try it

I see what you have done there, I say ATS is tightly controlled and your response is...the people posting on the gray area board are crazynutjobs. The gray area board has always been a place for mental patients (inbetween shock therapy sessions) to post gibberish that nobody cares about.

You don't have a valid point because the gray area is a non board for anyone who has been here for more than a few months i.e. the exception that proves the rule..

If you want to see what a real anti-govt site looks like, one where freedom of speech is promoted then...I'm sorry because I can't give you a link as it would conflict with ATS's T&C

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by spungy
The problem with this thread is the word Involved... The government! What government? This site is worldwide no government is involved or paying for it as far as anybody knows. Yes they watching it just like they are any other site as said many times... I’m sure some of the accounts and regular posters are Intelligence agents but that could even be a bit farfetched.
ATS is the maddest place in the world.. If it were a real place I wouldn’t like to go but it’s a community I’m proud to be part of. You will meet posters who are off the walls insane and you'll read some of the best written information available online.
There is nothing more to it than meets the eye. It could do without the ads and the marketing but with this kind of traffic can you blame them. If it was my site I would
I love hating this place

the problem is not in this thread it is with your imagination. there isnt really a problem because there is nothing to be solved unless you think there is a problem. see? i can make you think. i can make you scream on a pillow. i left out a lot of things and didn't say anything specific like "one world government". the word INSANE is insane although its is just a word its like a living thing imo. a virus. but unless proven it doesn't exist then is it just an "insane" claim? i suggest you don't use that word and characterize posters as insane when you dont know what they're talking about. what makes a post sane? ethically right? what the eyes see ears hear the mind believes.

whoa! check me out im insane therefore anything i say isnt credible? not until proven? long live the freaks of society.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
well yes there are goverment ppl getting paid a weekly wage to post on this board I think!
Yes I was on a message board yahoo , they removed it wonder why!
I dont give a hoot what goverment is listening to my phone calls or reading my emails ... As for ATS the message boards are over run by trolls!
the trolls fill ATS with their crap and yes the goverment are standing along side of these ppl that need mental help!
ATS is a fear mongering site that trys to plant fear in their members minds!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by aqlpskwo

ATS is full of people who believe that this site is part of a CIA CONUNTELPRO program or that the CIA, NSA , NWO or any of the other numerous 3 letter acronyms used to describe the sector of ATS are watching us. Then there are those who will accuse other members of being part of a misinformation campaign, by accusing people like me of being paid by some evil entity to observe ATS and fill ATS with misinformation. Truth is the majority of the members on ATS are so paranoid that they themselves fill ATS with misinformation and are so suspicious of each other as a result of their paranoia end up arguing with each other over whether or not ATS is in cahoots with the reptilians.

Truth is no government, intelligence service, aliens or even the NWO have anything to fear from ATS and the conspiracy community in general because 99.9999% of what you write is rubbish. I wrote about this recently, you’re all too busy basically flooding this site with your own paranoid and religious believes that you are ignoring the real conspiracies of the world. I would bet that ATS would have missed Watergate, we would all have been too busy looking at someone’s pretty UFO picture, that is why ATS is never “uncovering the governments secrets”. People on ATS on the whole are not interested in conspiracies, they are interested in entertainment, the feeling of excitement at the possibility of finding something even more spectacular than 9/11 or a impending UFO invasion. They are not looking for the truth they are looking for the spectacular and all fuel each other’s religion of conspiracy.

As a result of this it becomes inevitable that they cannot deny ignorance, the average ATS user its probably even more ignorant than the man on the street, at least the man on the street can accept man really did land on the moon. The plethora of misinformation and paranoid religious believes on ATS (that is to say conspiracy for some has become a religion) has led to a massive community full of some of the most ignorant people on the internet, yet ironically has the motto “deny ignorance”. This is not the fault of the ATS moderation staff or owners, it’s the fault of the membership of ATS. If you want to start denying ignorance, start actually challenging the members on ATS who have gone behind Conspiracy theory into conspiracy religion, and start looking at the real conspiracies of the world rather than the NWO, UFO’s, 9/11 , prophecies, super soldiers and so on.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join