It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

does it bother you that the government is involved with this site

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DanUKphd

look at the posts in this forum and pay attention to when they joined. Everyone has joined in the last few months. Now follow any ATS thread and the trend is the same - those posting have joined recently. So that begs the question: Where are those people who joined ages ago? Why are they not posting? Where are they? Do they know something the newbies don't?

Firstly, that's not true. I'm interested in seeing who's been a longtime member here when I read threads, so I do pay attention to their join dates. There are plenty of longtime members posting.

Secondly, given a few more replies like this, this entire thread is gonna begin to smell like an attempt to scare people off from posting here, albeit a clumsy one. The OP & followup replies by the Original Poster already seem to be pointing in that direction.

Sites like this offer so many variations of conspiracy theories, so much difference of opinion on issues like UFO's, chemtrails, etc, that I doubt the Government would want to quash them. After all, every incorrect explanation/theory serves their purpose as free disinfo, if you think about it, keeping public attention effectively diffused.

IMO you're only gonna be in danger if you develop too widespread a public voice, & attract too large a following, to suit those who watch from behind the curtain.
And BTW, if your PHD is in Psychology, you need to polish your act.
edit on 1/17/11 by BuzzCory because: Eliminated the redundancy of "original OP"

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by aqlpskwo

Like a lot of people i read all this for entertainment.. I'm not worried for someone coming after me because i read the same thing here i can see on the histoy channel every week in Ancient Aliens.. But half of what i see here, i'd only be worried if i really belived it and even still my main concern would be my detachment from reality.
edit on 17-1-2011 by ShogunAssassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

correct me if im wrong here but doesn't Google do searches according to your past? like i cant rem what word my one buddy had me look up but on his pc all this stuff about suicide came up on his search he is a real depressed person so i know he was looking up this kind of stuff on his pc but on my search it came up completely different.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I do not believe the government is involved here. They might check it out when mad men go on killing sprees. I think the paranoid nature of things here tend to make people think things up that are not so true.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Hold on stop the presses!!!! I WORK for the government? If thats the case Im owed years of back pay, benifits and the like.

Does the government watch sites like ATS? Ill bet they do.
Does the government own, manipulate, or otherwise controll ATS? Not a chance

One of the things I enjoy about ATS is that a number of the members do work for the government which in my humble opinion gives us all an opportunity to interact with people inside the government in a non-official way that really has a huge potential benefit to both the government and the average person.

Obviously we all have different opinions about the government and different perspectives and I think we all benefit in any process that allows us to share opinions and perspectives.

For those who swing to the polar side of paranoid, considering that people who work for the government are voluntarily and personally involved in sites like ATS where they too have the opportunity to learn and learn how other's are thinking might turn out to be the very best defense we end up having against a government in theory 'that gets beyond our control' by having the chance to interact with and influence those who are directly serving it as a body.

I think the positives far out weight the negatives when it comes to this subject.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
You put yourself on the list when you ask questions. The FEMA camps exist because the list is bigger than its ever been. Thats more a hint at their ineptitude in hiding themselves and underestimating Humanity.
It also proves we are the more astute.
o.0
edit on 17-1-2011 by arbitraryinsanity because: Because Im only perfect on the second try.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Greetings Nano-ATS-Narcissist,

Do we really think the .gov's that sit in there little .combat cubes... C.A.R.E about this virtual comic strip entertainment mind in a vat blog site

The old mantra applies so there is never a threat "THOSE WHO KNOW DON'T SPEAK(or post on a traceable blog)... THOSE WHO SPEAK DON'T KNOW

Mr X-knows nothing

edit on 17-1-2011 by CONSPIRACYWARRIOR because: Forgot the ... I'm anal like that

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by aqlpskwo
i mean you have to admit, if you type ATS search on Google comes out various list but one of them is called uncovering government top secrets?? and now youre here.. and that doesn't bother you guys at all? what better way to "uncover" and put it on a site.."deny ignorance"??? is more like a watch list.

I more that welcome the government to read each and every post in here. Then, they can see that the people are getting sick or the lies, the corruption and bulls&*t. They will see that sooner or later they will have to admit, they can't move forward by themselves and leave us behind. If they are reading, then we are being heard. We not go down, and we will not go away. Its still "We The People" right ??

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by iniut

hello iniut
you are welcome.
i do believe the agencies come here and i also believe they are looking for individuals who 'nail it on the head'.
it would be naive of members not to consider this as fact. it would be good for trolls to be banned but consider the long arguments that sometimes unfold when a troll appears. one needs to be armed to the teeth (knowledgewise) to take these critters on! good mental excercises.
i concur with your statement that ats is the best. all these years i have been here and accusations regarding agency run boards have surfaced over the years. i remember at least two long drawn out threads in the past.
regarding your experiences with unidentified aerial vehicles. i too have had many experiences within this field. i will say that on occasion i have chucked out a pearler for others to chew over but you must understand that the open passing of very sensitive information can have it's pitfalls. certain information i have supplied drew the attention of one noble subject who contacted me informally to 'trade'. this guy is imo ishtar (cream) with regards to knowledge he knows. anyway as i stated in my initial reply to you, the agencies do have vast amounts of resources. i do believe their hands are tied in certain aspects of operations and i feel they are aware that information will be disclosed eventually despite efforts to possibly stifle said information.
if you are interested in a theory of mine please read thread below from the beginning and u2u me your thoughts on the matter.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
take care
regards f

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Does this mean we're too big to fail. ?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by aqlpskwo
i mean you have to admit, if you type ATS search on Google comes out various list but one of them is called uncovering government top secrets?? and now youre here.. and that doesn't bother you guys at all? what better way to "uncover" and put it on a site.."deny ignorance"??? is more like a watch list.

Okay, just because you started this thread doesn't mean you are off of my suspected Gov. Agent list.

In fact, you moved up a few places on the list, nice try.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Beach Bum

i would err on the side of caution on that statement. this site imo is the best on the internet with regards to the vast amounts of knowledge and time freely given by it's honourable members. after years of uninformed jump the gun types coming here, it is understandable many verterans take a more discreet approach to trawling the boards. this board has the potential to allow members to cultivate solid relationships in their respective interests.
i take my hat off to those with genuine intentions. (took hat off).
regards f
btw to further elaborate on your statement, nothing on earth or the internet is too big to fall. if this site became overrun with trolls and the like, it would be of great concern to me and probably many other members.
vigilance is required as well as the denial of ignorance.
f

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The reason that many older members have not jumped in here is because about every 30-45 days these same topics spring up and after a while just get boring and redundant.

Carry on...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
There is little that the government doesn't involve themselves with, and there's also the stuff they don't push the issue on.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
With all respect to the OP, outside of the GOV investigating the Laughter murder, I really don't see a large interest in ATS happening. Thinking that we are all on a "watch list" is rather silly unless you're on here making threats about revolutions or shootings you yourself may perform; the simple fact is, the feds have alot more sleeper cells, terrorist groups, etc that they would be interested in before a message board.

98% of the posts on here discuss conspiracy theories. However, I don't think the government is too concerned about those discussions based on the fact that most of the "theories" espoused on this site are not violent, and face, will probably never be defintly proven. You're being paranoid and that's it. No need to freak.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by fakedirt

Well put I liked that reply. Hopefully we can throw some didgital water on these trolls and take em elsewhere.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Be specific. Which government(s)?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
The reason that many older members have not jumped in here is because about every 30-45 days these same topics spring up and after a while just get boring and redundant.

Carry on...

I agree!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Cool Story Bro.

Some of us don't much care if the government is watching. Because if you've got nothing to hide, like me, then their eyes are just a friendly reminder of the system you will probably one day be part of. In fact probably being an eye yourself.

Basically, if your clean, then what's there to be afraid of? I still have my constitution and until that's gone, I have a right to think. of course, once it is gone, and it will just like any nation falls and rises and falls and rises, then I will be doing something. But not fighting. probably influencing the bad guys to join the good side.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Exactly kenneylee. Hope your're doin' well today. Gubmint is paranoid sometimes, and gee, I wonder why with idiots like the obama in place.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join