It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

does it bother you that the government is involved with this site

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

As Agents posting on a forum such as ATS
leave traces of intel in their posts if you can
decipher it

Care to give us all an example?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by fakedirt

Forgive me f...its not the well placed critical comment...someone called me on that on another thread and I am still looking for the white paper to reply. I get that.

Its the one liner that goes something like this: we sure have a lot of paranoid newbies or why do I come to newbie threads, etc. But it is off topic, so lets drop it.

This is about being surveilled on ATS...to which I respond that I have learned a lot from this experience, especially the erad3 debate. I thought the site owners handled this beautifully and the press, spoke well or benignly of ATS. Personally, I think some of the journalists are jealous of ATS. Someday ATS will get a Peabody, mark my words.

Best, aw

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by aqlpskwo

I didn't know the government was involved with this site at all. I just makes me feel like I can't fully express what I am thinking because what you write down when big brother is watching is different from what you would otherwise write down.....so it kind of inhibits creativity of the posters on this site....this revelation could result in the site suffering a mass exodus to other, more private, sites....

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown

If you want to start denying ignorance, start actually challenging the members on ATS who have gone behind Conspiracy theory into conspiracy religion, and start looking at the real conspiracies of the world rather than the NWO, UFO’s, 9/11 , prophecies, super soldiers and so on.

Would you care to give an example of a real conspiracy? One that hasn't been posted on ATS before.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Seeing that all our phones are tapped. Is it any wonder that they are here. Listening/dynying any thing that gos against them? Taking notes on people and no doubt targetting them.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Why does this site have no info about a man named Charles A. Schlund III, do they filter that??? Or are people just not aware of him and the "Don Bolles Papers"

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by PeoriaAZ

fill us in brother there there is no such thing as useless knowledge although kevin and lucid eyes would have us believe otherwise ! I just dont understand people like them , fair enough you are entilted to your opinions but when ats members take time and link you to sources you DISMISS them . FINE have it your way we dont need close minded arrogant people on our side THEY are the ones we are trying to fight !!

Your LOSS kevin YOUR loss !

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

Ever been banned? And I mean REALLY banned. Stalked and harassed wherever you attempted to speak out?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

I think you are wrong. I know that no government agency runs ATS, that is a given, but you can be assured that CIA/NSA watch this site, and other conspiracy site, to make certain people do not get to close to the secrets. I know a few things about the CIA, having had two friends who worked for them...you know those scandal sheet newspapers like the National Enquirer, Weekly world News? CIA annalists read them every day, looking for clues that certain things do not get into the public eye. They watch everything, friend.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

ATS is full of people who believe that this site is part of a CIA CONUNTELPRO program or that the CIA, NSA , NWO or any of the other numerous 3 letter acronyms used to describe the sector of ATS are watching us. Then there are those who will accuse other members of being part of a misinformation campaign, by accusing people like me of being paid by some evil entity to observe ATS and fill ATS with misinformation. Truth is the majority of the members on ATS are so paranoid that they themselves fill ATS with misinformation and are so suspicious of each other as a result of their paranoia end up arguing with each other over whether or not ATS is in cahoots with the reptilians.

Truth is no government, intelligence service, aliens or even the NWO have anything to fear from ATS and the conspiracy community in general because 99.9999% of what you write is rubbish. I wrote about this recently, you’re all too busy basically flooding this site with your own paranoid and religious believes that you are ignoring the real conspiracies of the world. I would bet that ATS would have missed Watergate, we would all have been too busy looking at someone’s pretty UFO picture, that is why ATS is never “uncovering the governments secrets”. People on ATS on the whole are not interested in conspiracies, they are interested in entertainment, the feeling of excitement at the possibility of finding something even more spectacular than 9/11 or a impending UFO invasion. They are not looking for the truth they are looking for the spectacular and all fuel each other’s religion of conspiracy.

As a result of this it becomes inevitable that they cannot deny ignorance, the average ATS user its probably even more ignorant than the man on the street, at least the man on the street can accept man really did land on the moon. The plethora of misinformation and paranoid religious believes on ATS (that is to say conspiracy for some has become a religion) has led to a massive community full of some of the most ignorant people on the internet, yet ironically has the motto “deny ignorance”. This is not the fault of the ATS moderation staff or owners, it’s the fault of the membership of ATS. If you want to start denying ignorance, start actually challenging the members on ATS who have gone behind Conspiracy theory into conspiracy religion, and start looking at the real conspiracies of the world rather than the NWO, UFO’s, 9/11 , prophecies, super soldiers and so on.

wow. EGO is the word. ignorance hypothesized to being a hypocrite.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Well, BB (big brother) is watching the entire Internet not just ATS. I'm also a regular visitor of a news site that is very controversial because has it's own opinion and it has been sued by the German government once again for hate speech and death threats, however I've never came across any. I don't always agree with the site, but it always manages to shed a different light on matters and that's what I like about it.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

ATS is full of people who believe that this site is part of a CIA CONUNTELPRO program or that the CIA, NSA , NWO or any of the other numerous 3 letter acronyms used to describe the sector of ATS are watching us. Then there are those who will accuse other members of being part of a misinformation campaign, by accusing people like me of being paid by some evil entity to observe ATS and fill ATS with misinformation. Truth is the majority of the members on ATS are so paranoid that they themselves fill ATS with misinformation and are so suspicious of each other as a result of their paranoia end up arguing with each other over whether or not ATS is in cahoots with the reptilians.

Truth is no government, intelligence service, aliens or even the NWO have anything to fear from ATS and the conspiracy community in general because 99.9999% of what you write is rubbish. I wrote about this recently, you’re all too busy basically flooding this site with your own paranoid and religious believes that you are ignoring the real conspiracies of the world. I would bet that ATS would have missed Watergate, we would all have been too busy looking at someone’s pretty UFO picture, that is why ATS is never “uncovering the governments secrets”. People on ATS on the whole are not interested in conspiracies, they are interested in entertainment, the feeling of excitement at the possibility of finding something even more spectacular than 9/11 or a impending UFO invasion. They are not looking for the truth they are looking for the spectacular and all fuel each other’s religion of conspiracy.

As a result of this it becomes inevitable that they cannot deny ignorance, the average ATS user its probably even more ignorant than the man on the street, at least the man on the street can accept man really did land on the moon. The plethora of misinformation and paranoid religious believes on ATS (that is to say conspiracy for some has become a religion) has led to a massive community full of some of the most ignorant people on the internet, yet ironically has the motto “deny ignorance”. This is not the fault of the ATS moderation staff or owners, it’s the fault of the membership of ATS. If you want to start denying ignorance, start actually challenging the members on ATS who have gone behind Conspiracy theory into conspiracy religion, and start looking at the real conspiracies of the world rather than the NWO, UFO’s, 9/11 , prophecies, super soldiers and so on.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Having a bad day are we? I am sorry we are not up to par with your superior intellect
judging from your avatar, and comments in your post. We will try to do better in the future......What a load of crock! Why are you even here?????
edit on 22-1-2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by punctual

The way to determine if big brother is running this place... is start a thread about something that reveals a truth. The key is START A THREAD with something that has never been discussed based on either a personal experience or an observation that reveals a TRUTH. Then sit back and watch how the counter-intel operate.

Makes my stomach turn.

At 11:38 yesterday morning... IP 74.86.15.194 attempted to access a port on my computer after my comments about JOHN LEAR.
edit on 23-1-2011 by 1088no5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 1088no5

At 11:38 yesterday morning... IP 74.86.15.194 attempted to access a port on my computer after my comments about JOHN LEAR.

Run Whois on that IP address and you come up with Softlayer.Com, a company that provides web hosting, and also online services such as computing, storage, & content delivery networks.
Is it possible that you were using one of their services near the time when you were posting here? What your firewall may have picked up is what's called a persistent connection. left over from some transaction between your computer & the site.

Almost forgot: if you don't use their services, but were doing anything on a site that does use their services to answer your requests, you may also have had the same situation noted above.
edit on 1/23/11 by BuzzCory because: Added additional info

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by BuzzCory
reply to post by 1088no5

Run Whois on that IP address and you come up with Softlayer.Com, a company that provides web hosting, and also online services such as computing, storage, & content delivery networks.
Is it possible that you were using one of their services near the time when you were posting here? What your firewall may have picked up is what's called a persistent connection. left over from some transaction between your computer & the site.

Almost forgot: if you don't use their services, but were doing anything on a site that does use their services to answer your requests, you may also have had the same situation noted above.
edit on 1/23/11 by BuzzCory because: Added additional info

I did run a Whois... and a Traceroute... and this is what I got. theabovenetwork.com.

And they just did it again at 9:28 this morning... hiding behind a GA ISP. BTW... yesterday morn it was 11:00:38. Sorry.
edit on 23-1-2011 by 1088no5 because: to add information

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by 1088no5

I did run a Whois... and a Traceroute... and this is what I got. theabovenetwork.com. And they just did it again at 9:28 this morning... hiding behind a GA ISP. BTW... yesterday morn it was 11:00:38. Sorry.

Sorry to have assumed that you hadn't done any of that. I ran an onsite search on softlayer.com, just to see if ATS might be using them for something on this site, & it looks as though that's the case. Here is a whole page of results that apparently mention the ATS-Softlayer connection.

According to one of the Site Admins, Softlayer handles the Media Portal content for ATS, as stated in this post.

In all likelihood, it's probably just a routine persistent connection originating in your use of the site. BTW. I used to work for an ISP, & old habits are hard to break. I hope I won't be labeled as an ATS/US Government disinfo agent after this!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BuzzCory

Thanks for the links. Good to know others are also curious.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 1088no5

Thanks for the links. Good to know others are also curious.

You're welcome; no harm in checking up on what's connecting to your computer occasionally. I do it myself whenever I notice some connection and/or harddrive activity going on & can't immediately account for it.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join