It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

does it bother you that the government is involved with this site

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by aqlpskwo
reply to post by kennylee

i agree with you. haha on face book status...how much do they DONT know about you?

yes because I'm sure they care about all the nonsense people put on their statuses

I really, really don't think that the government of any country cares one iota about 99.9999999% of anything people write on sites like this! Yes maybe if you wrote a best selling book about something really harmful to a government then they'd put you on a watch list but honestly... If you really think that governments care about what your saying or thinking then you've got governments badly mistaken and quite, quite paranoid or think much more highly of yourself than anyone else does!
edit on 17-1-2011 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

i mean you have to admit, if you type ATS search on Google comes out various list but one of them is called uncovering government top secrets?? and now youre here.. and that doesn't bother you guys at all? what better way to "uncover" and put it on a site.."deny ignorance"??? is more like a watch list.

Originally posted by jasmine23
It doesn't bother me if the goverment watches ATS,then they might learn that we are not stupid people,and take everything they say as truth

reply to post by jasmine23

what makes you say we are stupid people?

Originally posted by jasmine23
reply to post by aqlpskwo

I was not actually saying we are stupid,i think that the government thinks that,that we do not take everything they say as the gospel truth, and that we question some of the things that they try to say is truth,case Ufos>Sorry if i made it sound i was calling everyone stupid

Originally posted by CX
Nah it doesn't bother me at all.

I heard they come here for an education.

CX.

Originally posted by Signals
Okay, just because you started this thread doesn't mean you are off of my suspected Gov. Agent list.

In fact, you moved up a few places on the list, nice try.

Signals

It bothers me (not that I'm bothered! The possibility of government concern about my opinion amuses and flatters me!) that government and corporate agents come on this site and troll for information about or from members. The OP gave himself away on page 2. Thanks Jasmin23, I think it was by his response to your post that he exposed himself!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

That was interesting. I like a bit of dirt on ats.

Still John Lear was not as good as lizardsamok.

Now lizardsamok......... but you will never know because all his threads and posts have been deleted. Strangely, around the same time lizardamok was banned ats announced that leaving or banned members had the right to request all their threads and posts be deleted.

The good stuff was easier to spot in the old days as there were not so many members.

Not that I don’t still enjoy it here, cause I do. This place still has me in fits of laughter from time to time.

Did you notice John Lears eyes, about 6 mins in they looked a bit lizardy to me.

Its been a well debated subject about whether government agency’s have some sort of play in the workings of ats.

And I would most certainly expect they do.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
have no problem at all with them looking in to this site. Dont see any wrong with it at all. Maybe some of you do it but I dont see why.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kode
Now lizardsamok......... but you will never know because all his threads and posts have been deleted. Strangely, around the same time

Really all of Johns stuff can by found by using the search feature

www.abovetopsecret.com...# 1082

www.abovetopsecret.com...&display=posts

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 1/17/11 by FredT because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/17/11 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by iniut
John Lear

ATS is CIA Front
Above Top Secretis a CIA Front

Whether Lear is right or not, all members should listen to this. Quoted as a means to stop it being buried.

Originally posted by fakedirt
with regards to john lear and the statement regarding ats being a cia front. this is one of many opinions. i have looked at some of lears work and it is interesting. what happened on the board regarding his tenureship on here is between him and the mods. i personally do not know the ins and outs of why he got banned but when it comes to extraordinary claims, they do need backing up with extraordinary evidence.
quote.

Sorry but - on the evidence of my short ATS experience - it is not required that members have to provide extraordinary proofs for such claims. If Lear was harassed or banned (even temporarily) then it seems to me he has been singled out for unfair treatment.

The posting of extraordinary claims without proof is a daily occurrence on this site - from believer, conspiracy theorist and sceptic alike! If this is what made Lear's stay on this site impossible then I think we all have reason to suspect that something is not quite right. In fact it is not just between Lear and the moderators, it is an issue for us all.

Originally posted by iniut
still i think ATS should be more focused on banning trolls than banning people who has something important to share

Indeed, even if the Troll happens to be a long standing member who is a sceptic. It isn't going to happen though.

Originally posted by neformore
You do know that John Lear worked for the CIA flying Air America stuff...... don't you?

You really should check your sources.

Typical pseudo-sceptical position. Do not engage with what is said, instead try to discredit the person saying it.

Originally posted by fakedirt
there are many many serious researchers on this site. there are many many posters whom i feel are running round in circles...
(snip)
...for those that wish to deny ignorance, carry on, do your research and keep your head down. remember do not feed the trolls.

Probably good advice.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Does the government manipulate ATS? Not a chance

Well you just posted and you said you worked for the gov haha

To the OP however, I think this topic is a bit daft to be honest, its a bit like saying, "Does it bother you that people on the internet are involved with this site?"

Anyone can read anything that you post on the boards, that is the whole point is it not?

Freedom of expression??

The one thing that I would say though is that this site does influence people, that is why it is important to have various viewpoints.

edit on 17-1-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DanUKphd

Uhh... some people are a little too paranoid.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by angelwrangler

information retrieval? that will be form 27b/6 thank you very much.
2nd
f

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CONSPIRACYWARRIOR
The old mantra applies so there is never a threat "THOSE WHO KNOW DON'T SPEAK(or post on a traceable blog)... THOSE WHO SPEAK DON'T KNOW

Like you know what any of us knows?

"The wisest of the ancients saw that which is not explicit as the fittest for instruction because it raises the faculties to act." ~ William Blake.

'The Government' don't have to actually run this site for it to be of use. Some of the most intelligent members would be capable of playing very interesting games. Something I think many members don't consider is that 'The Government' is not really a single entity, and different 'departments' may be as interested in what each other get up as they are in other governments, organisations or individuals business.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I think that might be an issue for someone who is overly paranoid. If the government is worried about why I believe in UFOs, then good for them. If I think Oswald was innocent, who cares?

I see the point in worrying for some, but if "their" presence here stalls another Loughner incident, then great. That is, assuming Loughner was a patsy!! Dun dun duuuuhhhhhh!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by strangleholder1
On the topic of the thread, ATS is one of the most tightly controlled spaces on the internet. I wouldn't be surprised if this website turned out to be one of the govt's many attempts at online social engineering...

Neither would I. I find it absolutely fascinating on here, partly for that reason.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by fakedirt

Precisely and hilarious, love that movie.

That is my point, one can make themselves crazy with this worry and conjecture. What is most important is our purpose here on earth and the precious short time we have achieve it.

If I am wrong and this is not a fear based discussion than fine, apologies in advance. But a word of caution anyway, they win if you are afraid, whom ever you believe "they" to be. "

"Fear is the mind killer, the little death that brings total obliteration..." Dune by Frank Herbert

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I would be more concerned with the known fact that governments the world over actively monitor and collect data from Facebook and Twitter, than the possibility that they might be monitoring ATS. ATS contains a very, very small fraction of the human populace. Somehow, Facebook has managed to get 95% of the sheep signed up. Those with facebook accounts, you can be *assured* that you are being monitored. Those with ATS accounts, you might be monitored, but far less likely that any significant attention is on you here, than the larger sites that serve even less purpose (ie, facebook).

Not to mention ATS doesn't sell your private information, whereas facebook openly, and willingly does so.

Priorities...

newsbusters.org...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
im sure there are some aliens among us as well in this website

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Shucks, for real, nobody could possibly care that us nobodies look at retarded You Tube videos of shenanigans with lights and Photoshop and whatever else and pretend like we have advanced knowledge of intergalactic disclosure.

Nobody cares about the new twist on Nostradamus' 612th quatrain that you devised while watching the 4:30 rerun of Three And A Half Men.

That "something just isn't right" and that means that we're going to transcend our dimension and become one with the universal life force (or not) is not really relevant to the government or just about any other person or institution on the planet.

ATS is just American Idol for those like us that get off on paranoia and dig intrigue and mysteries, whether or not we're the ones inflicting the mystery.

But I get wanting to manufacture worry that the government's all up in our business. It's ego. And we're nothing but.

Of course, full disclosure ... I'm so a Disinfo Agent. MR. Disinfo Agent, to you, though.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

The Internet was a 'military' project. It is part of global cyberwarfare system. FOX reported this morning that the Stuxnet Worm was a joint Israeli/US cyber 'attack'. Electronic warfare! Read the following and learn. Either you join the Global Community, or you die!

NEWS BRIEF: "Tunisia riots: Reform or be overthrown, US tells Arab states amid fresh riots", Telegraph News, 13 January 2011

"Riots by youths protesting against Tunisia's 50-year dictatorship clashed with police in the country's capital as the United States warned its Middle Eastern allies to reform or be overthrown. "

"In former days, such threats against the sovereignty of an independent state would not be tolerated by the international community -- even if the threat came from a superpower. But, as the world spins toward the final establishment of the New World Order, the threats are coming from both the superpower and the rest of the international community. In his book, "The Pentagon's New Map", Naval War College strategist, Thomas Barnett, listed both the reason for attacking nations within the "Non-Integrating Gap" and for threatening to invade. Do you remember the Pentagon's thinking in this book, reviewed by Esquire Magazine in 2003, just before Bush invaded Iraq? The Pentagon has divided the world into two segments. Since the attacks of 9/11, Wars, Rumors of Wars, Earthquakes in divers places, volcanoes, and pestilence has ravaged countries in the 'Non-Integrating Gap'! Events have shown both a pattern and a purpose, not occurring by accident or by random. Millions are displaced and are dying. Once you understand this reality: that some countries and regions are lagging behind the rest of the world in being incorporated into the Global Economy and Government, and need to be boot-kicked into fully joining the world body, you will understand why we are now at war, and why we will keep on going to war, from the Middle East to the Korean Peninsula, to Indonesia, to Pakistan, to Cuba, to Somalia and to East Timor."

Also, 'Pappa Doc' is being reinstalled as the leader in Haiti!!! You get the picture yet?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
No, why should it? It's an open public domain, they are entitled to be watching as anyone else is. They might learn something or even sniff out a kook about to threaten something.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Does it Bother ME !

No in a Sense but i watch what i say ... as Im always being watch
more so when i was in the Military

but in my case

The Government is alway watching me & my family

Some day I might Tell my Story the Reason why ... either in a Personal Bio Documentary or a Book

as my Family has always been within the Governments Reach ..
and some of those things Would sound so far fetch and Out of touch to Believe
From Ability's I May have and the Program I may have been Involved with as im still researching
my Past as a Child ..., Still connecting the Dots and Find Pieces of the Puzzle of things Im remembering and from i blocked out ... or was made to block out
(Hint) as I went to a Isolated Class Room for 4 years from age 10 to 14 that was 3 towns Away that was near a University that did Medical Chemical Research Work ..

Im Still Making Sense of it all and sort of Still in Denial of being the Skeptic that i am ..

a few would understand Im Pretty sure One of them would be Duncan O'Finioan

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghostt

Nothing that is posted on the internet is 'private', nothing! has it ever occured to you that those who sign up on the social websites like facebook and twitter are a 'collective', the majority, who through social programming are being made to consider those who post on ats or pp for instance to be a 'threat', a 'risk', or 'mentally ill'?

edit on 18 Jan 2011 by Hellmutt because: Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join