It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1000+ birds dropped dead from the sky.

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
According to this. The compound DRC-1339 has been tested for years as a control method for blackbird populations. In the report it, shows which states the research was done it. It includes Arkansas and Louisianna. Also, DRC 1339 is effective on, and intended for, all three species mentioned above. Im not sure if this is the cause or not, but I think that this information should be taken into account. Maybe some farmer got a hold of it, and went way overboard.

www.aphis.usda.gov...

I just noticed, the pic in the pdf file shows them spraying it directly on the birds!
edit on 4-1-2011 by Cheesefacedogbone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
More birds found in a Louisiana lake.

www.wlox.com...
edit on 4-1-2011 by Robin Marks because: only one n in Louisiana

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
ahhh I was just coming here to post this link..

www.nzfsa.govt.nz...

Symptoms of poisoning in birds DRC 1339 is absorbed into the bloodstream and impairs the liver and kidney functions. Death apparently results from uremic poisoning. The damaged kidneys are unable to excrete the body’s waste products and these build up in the bloodstream to a lethal level. The first symptoms of poisoning are an increase in water consumption, followed by a sharp drop in the intake. About 4 hours before death, the birds cease to eat or drink and become listless and inactive. They perch with feathers ruffled, as in cold weather, and appear to doze. As death nears, breathing increases slightly in rate and becomes more difficult. The birds finally become comatose and die. There are no convulsions or spasms; consequently there are no distress calls or 'spooking' to deter other birds from feeding. Poisoned birds are characterised by fluffed-out feathers and by tucking their feet inside the lower breast feathers.

That wouldn't explain why they were ALL flying in that 1 mile pocket.... unless they were all sprayed in that pocket with a lethal fast dose?

It would explain the empty stomachs... but not if they were sprayed..

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I just remembered something, might be something or nothing.

Two nights ago I was walking my dog at around 1am. I whistled for her to heel and a Blackbird answered me... I stood there for about 5 minutes 'talking' to the blackbird and then my husband came out to the field and I asked him if had ever [apart from in the Beatles song] heard of a blackbird singing in the middle of the night.

We walked back to teh house and as we went in the bird had moved to the tree in our front yard and again sang to me for a while...

I live in the South east of UK

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK

Originally posted by Veroniqueh

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by Veroniqueh
The first bird fell @ 11:11 1 1 11

As interesting (an accurate?) as that might be....'time' is man-made. It's made up. The clock is a device made by man. And all intelligent living creatures live by cycle of the Moon, Sun and stars.
It's us idiots who box up moments just so we have more to complain about.

Okey 0_0

That's what I thought but refrained from replying

Oh and look in your control panel to sort your avatar xx

Yeah. And yes I have tried to put avatar in, and it says it is done, but it isn't darnit.

Edit: I diddit.
edit on 4-1-2011 by Veroniqueh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Okay guys, this is going to sound off the wall, but do to their injuries the only thing I can come up with is that first something startled the birds then a VACCUUM was created. By that I mean all loss of air pressure. The injuries were in the breasts of the birds, no broken beaks, no broken necks. These birds fell straight down from flight. Aerodynamics would have the birds either falling head first or crashing head first. The only way for them to fall straight down and have massive breast injuries would be a sudden loss of all air pressure. The only other option was that something a mile wide hit them from below when they were in mid flight.

I know that sounds strange and doesn't really provide a clue as to what caused it but their injuries do not fit any of the explanations given.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I made a good faith effort to read the whole thread before posting, but it just keeps going up by whole pages. Forgive me if this has been posted before, but this article about pelicans dates to a few days before New Year's Eve:

www2.wnct.com...

They've been looking into the suspicious deaths since November.

What they're finding is that what looks like broken necks and wings isn't that at all.

Some of the birds are actually broken apart at the joint and days at sea taking their toll on the bodies.

“You can lose that muscle tissue around the joint and it can cause it to look like a broken neck,” she said.

“If its not done by man, what would be causing these types of injuries on this scale,” I asked her, “Yeah, well we don’t know for sure yet there are all sorts of possibilities,” she replied.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DutchBigBoy
I just made a list of where unusual deaths of birds and fish were reported.

Birds:
Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada.
Beebe Arkansas
New Roads, Louisiana
Tortori, Japan
Gilbertsville, Kentucky
Western Australia

Fish:
Arkansas
Louisiana
Brazil

I hope I didn't forget any.

Please site sources for the locations. The Brazil fish story is trivial as are the Canada birds. In the case here in North America, the birds have all been found in a generally close radius. I'll try to get a map drawn up with points of interest.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Here is an interesting thread www.abovetopsecret.com... just starting.
You all have very good ideas. I was wondering though, on the news they said that the birds all died front internal, blunt force trauma. How about the exterior? Did they fall down already dead? I heard some reports of some of the birds still being alive, but acting really strange. Did the majority of the birds fall out of the sky dead, or where the majority still alive? Its really freaky and saddening at the same time. The fish too....???

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by quakewatcher
I made a good faith effort to read the whole thread before posting, but it just keeps going up by whole pages. Forgive me if this has been posted before, but this article about pelicans dates to a few days before New Year's Eve:

www2.wnct.com...

They've been looking into the suspicious deaths since November.

What they're finding is that what looks like broken necks and wings isn't that at all.

Some of the birds are actually broken apart at the joint and days at sea taking their toll on the bodies.

“You can lose that muscle tissue around the joint and it can cause it to look like a broken neck,” she said.

“If its not done by man, what would be causing these types of injuries on this scale,” I asked her, “Yeah, well we don’t know for sure yet there are all sorts of possibilities,” she replied.

I just found that today, and posted it here, as it was not on ATS.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are conflicting reports. Some say no violence, one says there was.

Strange nonetheless.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
double post
edit on 4-1-2011 by burntheships because: dreaded double post

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Instead of making fun of people or poking at them, try just informing them on the subject, don't act like a know it all please. If you have information regarding volcano's that could link this, or show that this has nothing to do with this, share it in a positive manner ....

My apologies. I was just attempting light humor, but it didn't translate online. My intention was not to offend, sorry.

I don't have any links to share, just passing on information from a conversation with my dad who has been a volcanologist for 50 years...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ns9504

Ask your Dad if deep salt-water disposal can cause earthquakes. There is at least one case off the top of my head. In Colorado in the 1970's I think. You can search for it yourself, or I'll dig if you want.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Possible cause was fireworks?

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
reply to post by TheBirdisDone

Thank you very much for those kind words. You have a very interesting yet disturbing name in light of what's happening and I see you joined way before this event. Hmmmmmm

I think I am using HAARP a bit too much because in my limited scalar-like weaponry knowledge, I don't know the names of devices (weapons) that travel via air-waves so I used "HAARP".

I did believe that might've caused the Arkansas massacre which might've been the result of an accident (testing?) .

But now that I read and posted about 100 TONS of dead fish down in Brazil, I can't help but switch gears and look at a broader picture. So far this is what I've come up with (I think the Canada story was just that, a story not actuality) of the places with a significant amount of dead fish or dead birds (there are places like Brooklyn NY reporting couple dozen too but I am not even counting those places......)

Birds: Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, North Carolina, Germany, Arizona, Colombia, Kentucky and Japan.

Fish: Arkansas, Brazil, South Wales, Australia

And to the poster before: I find it in extremely bad taste for David Letterman to poke fun at this mysterious tragedy. Totally tasteless. I don't know how people can trade human-empathy for a political joke. Oh well, not my problem.

edit on 4-1-2011 by Human_Alien because: spelling

edit on 4-1-2011 by Human_Alien because: grammar

I joined between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and all that popped into my mind was Turkey Dinner, with a smidge of that hungry Dad from the Christmas story so hopefully waiting until the bird is done.

However, it fits in more ways then one as I am discovering. Don't apologize for being frightened about HAARP, it is quite a mystery. There is plenty I don't know either and by bringing it to light here we can get toasted, roasted, fried, beat, congratulated, ego stroked, and thumbed down.

I was thinking what a pretty song Blackbirds have, and that song . . . sadly.
Blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these broken wings and learn to fly . . .

Lots and Lots of "vibes" in these times.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBirdisDone

check this out. tells all about HAARP

www.viewzone2.com/haarp00

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by dawnstar

CNN Video Dead Birds In Louisiana

I think I fixed the link...

Here is an explanation about Louisiana:

"A tornado watch has been extended through much of New Year's morning in parts of Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana and Florida.At least six people died and dozens were hurt as tornadoes pounded the South and Midwest yesterday and early today.

Three died in northwestern Arkansas before sunrise yesterday. Three others died when a storm ripped up the Missouri countryside near Rolla.

Early today, two people were hurt in central Mississippi and several homes were damaged.

An emergency management official in Missouri says debris from one of the trailers hit by a twister yesterday was found a mile away."

Tornado watch extends trough ...

More:
"LABARRE, La. (AP) -- State biologists are trying to determine what killed an estimated 500 birds that littered a quarter-mile stretch of highway in Point Coupee Parish.

The birds included red-winged blackbirds and starlings."
Louisiana

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
What's worrying me is for now it is birds & fish, which I feel incredably sad about as I treat every living creature equally, but what is coming next? Mammals? Why is this happening to birds and fish, yet nobody in authority seems to be linking the two? Birds and fish are often the hardest hit of all life when something happens, natural or man made. I am starting to wonder if this is somehow linked to the BP oil disaster. I can't work out a direct link, but is this the start of a more serious knock on effect caused by the rig explosion and subsequent oil leak last year? Have toxins from the oil infiltrated rivers and started to kill off organisms as they go? Perhaps the drum fish, and the redwing blackbird, are more suseptable to these toxins than other organisms, so they are being hit the hardest.

They're saying the birds died as a result of blunt trauma, now if you've ever seen a bird dive into a window, and die instantly, you will know there is NO way that bird will be flying anywhere again. So the only logical explanation is they suffered the trauma either in the sky, or this is a secondary event after falling from the sky due to something else.

Basic science will tell you that the sea is evaporated into the clouds, which fall on the land as rain, perhaps these birds are being hit by pockets of the toxin while it is still contained in the clouds, and when the rain falls, it is effecting the fish, so the actual source of the problem is in the Gulf Of Mexico. This might explain how it is happening so close by, if one particular band of cloud is contaminated. I know this is a far out idea, but still. Perhaps this is what links the two indirectly, rather than my previous suggestion that the blackbirds consumed the flesh of the dead drum fish. I'm more inclined to believe in this as an idea rather than HARRP or a conspiracy at the moment, not that I would ever rule that out though. I do think this is somehow linked to BP though.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
"The Core" with hilery swank... reminds me of these birds and the fish. weve had many instance of our simeographs hitting at once indicating something deep... our sun is awake at some weird timing and mass happenings on the suns surface... like huge massive rings and sun spot! the norway spiral. and another spiral was said to of happened somewhere.. (cant find link) reports of birds and fish.... dying like this... its all connected. sun - core - magnetic field... ive never been big on haarp, which could be part of it... but im doubtin it on this.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by The Chez

the bp disaster could be... but since the earth produces oil etc naturally... birds and fish are both use to it. in such a small area... the bp disaster would effect more population. There are effects from bp.. But its affecting the gulf area more so then anything... Slowing our waters.. Bringing us to an ice age. And in fact chemistry is jacked up in the ocean... I'd just imagine the costal areas being hit first...

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join