It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1000+ birds dropped dead from the sky.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

1000+ birds dropped dead from the sky.

www.abc.net.au

Wildlife officials in the US are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 black birds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Hey guys. Not sure if this post has been up before. Pardon me if it's a repeat.

Just read in the news that more than 1000 birds just dropped dead. First thing that popped in my head was HAARP.

Although the news highlighted "Hail" or lightning, it also mentioned that these birds went through a "physical trauma" that may be the cause of their death.

Bird smuggler dropped them off a plane?
Maybe they were already dead and the physical trauma was from hitting the ground.

We live in strange times.

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Umm.....

That is definatly strange, the poor birds were probably struck by an oncoming ufo

On a serious note, how can an entire flock of birds be struck by lightening?

Could we have ourselves a new Bermuda Triangle? In Arkansas?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by neowakko

A similar thing happened in England last year. Some 60 odd starlings fell down dead. It'd be good if the lab results give us an answer, but these kind of things usually remain a mystery. Even a hundred years ago, Charles Fort was writing about these freak events...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

What with the Hot air balloon crash yesterday and the plane crash also now this?
Freaky, could be the sun?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Another link with more info:

BEEBE, Ark. (AP) — Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 black birds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area.

Commission ornithologist Karen Rowe said the he birds showed physical trauma, and she speculated that "the flock could have been hit by lightning or high-altitude hail."

The commission said that New Year's Eve revelers shooting off fireworks in the area could have startled the birds from their roost and caused them to die from stress.

Robby King, a wildlife officer for the agency, collected about 65 dead birds, which will be sent for testing to the state Livestock and Poultry Commission lab and the National Wildlife Health Center lab in Madison, Wis.

Rowe said that similar events have occurred elsewhere and that test results "usually were inconclusive." She said she doubted the birds were poisoned.

www.google.com...

Over 1000 birds scattered over 1 mile with signs of physical trauma.

For some reason I just can't imagine an airliner being big enough to cause that. Lightning and hail?! The town would have reported the massive lightning and hail storm required to do that. So thats strike two.

Anyone have any real ideas?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
on the radio last night, the news report said they were blackbirds and one duck...

pocket of deadly gas ? it was pointed out before thata pocket of methane could be responsible for
incidents when flocks of birds suddenly die in flight and the mysterious sinkings of boats in the
'Bermuda' triangle area...

sounds like an answer to me

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

That works over the ocean, but on land if there was a methane release, the town would be dead too along with all other wildlife in the area.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Just going by the story, it did say that fireworks were done that night. The fireworks could have stunned the birds and they fell to their death, thus the trauma.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

www.wnd.com...

This is the link to the 2007, Australia Bird's Falling from the sky.

Somthing's strange is going on up there!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I think I may have an idea, read this:

GRIGGSTOWN, NJ - January 26, 2009 (WPVI) -- Like some scary old Hitchcock movie, they seem to be everywhere, hundreds if not thousands of dead starlings and blackbirds littering lawns in the Griggstown section of Franklin Township.

The dead birds, we now know, are the result of a culling program by the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture attempting to help a Princeton farm overrun by birds. The poison left for them takes 24 hours to ingest before the birds die. Local officials said the feds gave nothing but a vague notification of what was happening.

"They did not tell us when they were gonna do it, where they were gonna do it or what the aftermath would be," said Kenneth Daly, Franklin Township Manager.

abclocal.go.com.../local&id=6625588

This could easily turn out to be some USDA nonsense.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

I wonder if this happened near the recent earthquake area, and they died from noxious gas releases?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
More in depth story here, lots of info:

www.todaysthv.com...

Melissa Weatherly says, "I immediately called mom because I had to go to work, I said you have to come get the kids and get the dog because I don't know what's going on." She continues, "It was horrible; you could not even get down the road without running over hundreds. It was that bad."

The mystery is unraveling like scenes from a movie, dozens of U.S. Environmental Services crews spent the day picking up the birds, walking between homes and climbing on roofs with protective hazmat suits and breathing masks,.

Weatherly is skeptical, "They're walking around in masks and I'm wondering do we need the same thing because what makes that happen for them to drop out of the sky like that."

Katherina Yancy with Today's THV found one bird still living. It was confused, injured, continuously walked in circles and didn't make a sound or attempt to fly.

Charles Fort would definitely add this to the collection.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
How helpful... "physical trauma". Almost too vague hmm. Could it be the Ornithologist works for whoever is responsible for this? Possibly HAARP or even some weather modification program (chemtrails) ? I think if they were struck by lightning it would be fairly obvious. For example, their feathers would look like they were sitting on a bbq, and there would be no guessing whether or not they were hit by hail or zapped by lightning. Also, 1000+ birds to get hit by lightning is impossible. It's just beyond ridiculous.
edit on 2-1-2011 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Electrical discharge not unlike a lightning bolt but with the birds being in the current path, the autopsy should be the key.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
They have apparently found hundreds of thousands of dead fish in the Arkansas River, its a little over 100 miles from Beebe where the birds were found.

www.kait8.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I read an article in Saturdays West Australian news paper about the transportation of lead has been stopped in certain areas near WA due to the fact that large numbers of birds were dieing and also many children were becoming ill from the lead dust that was unable to be contained during the transport.

For all we know there might be any number of man made events that are being hushed up, because we all know that unless it's made public these money hungry SOB's couldnt care less about any environmental damage they cause.

link - not the actual article, but directly related
lead carbonate contamination in Freo

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Hi all,
Here is my theory. I think this was caused by high altitude hail.
If you will notice the weather in Arkansas has been producing many tornadoes.
I think this would also account for the trauma they spoke of.

I don't think there is any gas concentration strong enough to do this, and if you think about atmospheric disruption of RF energy, there is no way HARRP has the power to do this, nor does ground based radar...No way.
I have seen radar units kill small animals, but thats a +100,000 Watts system, and still is not an instant kill like this was.

This kind of thing has happened a fair amount in the past, freaky but not voodoo.

While I think the fish kill could have been caused by lightning, hail or a tornado, there are a million things that could cause that. This is very common, and also a very small kill.

BTW, I just saw CNN claim it could be lightning (right!) or hail. Here is the link, but It is not working right..copy and paste the url I guess:
www.cnn.com...#/video/us/2011/01/02/dnt.ar.birds.fall.katv?hpt=T2

edit on 2-1-2011 by CHEDwick because: Fish Kill

edit on 2-1-2011 by CHEDwick because: CNN Link

edit on 2-1-2011 by CHEDwick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Emmmm guys.......

Did no one else watch Flash Forward, lots of birds fall out of the sky in that.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
i am no electrician, but we have a few in my family. I was always under the impression you must be grounded to be electrocuted. The current travels through you into the ground, causing electrocution. Isnt that why many high voltage linemen work from helicopters?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join