It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost Everything Is A Crime In America Now: 14 Of The Most Ridiculous Things That Americans Are Bei

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Hi, new here. I most definitely agree to the madness on regulating petty behaviors in society. With suffocating policies/laws come the natural tendency of the beast within us to rebel for the sake of rebellion. I dislike what America has morphed into. I am literally afraid to go outside. Everything you do seems to have some kind of "personal responsibility" clause attached to it. Afraid of gangs? don't go outside. Got hit by an illegal and sustained injuries in the accident? You knew the risks associated with driving knowing there are illegals driving without insurance. Want a better paying job? Live out of your car to afford the training/schooling necessary to scratch and claw your way up while continuing to work. Don't want to live in America anymore? Fine, you'll find it's the same policies halfway round the globe. Thats what this NWO is about.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Thank you for bringing some sense into this conversation. I agree, While some of those fourteen are absurd, I think that the story is blowing them all way out of proportion.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
This country, MY country, has become #e. I've known it for years. I'm just waiting for others to know it too.

I hope lawyers, judges, politicians and lawmakers of this ONCE great nation are brought to justice themselves.

Enough of CORPORATE and NON-PROFIT INTEREST! BTW, NON-PROFIT is the BEST way to make people feel sorry and shell out money for administrative fees of said NON-PROFIT industries. Those NON-PROFITS, aren't NON-PROFIT at all.

F the damn lobbyists and their damn money.

It's supposed to be WE, THE PEOPLE, RIGHT?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

I remember growing up when fishing in the ocean from shore with a fishing pole wasnt a crime. Now, you need to pay for a liscense to do that or get fined. I have seen state police watching fishermen with binoculars while hiding on their bellies.

I recently paid a $300 fine for not have life jackets in an inflatible RAFT floating down a calm river.. I was literally followed by a sheriff's car along the river for well over an hour, then flagged over. I could have easily SWAM [and have done so] the entire stretch of river without a liefjacket, and that would have been legal. The raft had an inflatible sleeping pad inside it, and three chambers. The sheriffs deputy told me he had discretion in writing the ticket, it was mandatory. I even wrote a letter to the judge requesting a dismissal, and received a rude response.

PiecesOS is what they are, man.
edit on 29-12-2010 by urmenimu2 because: why isnt there a "done" button after editing?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

I remember growing up when fishing in the ocean from shore with a fishing pole wasnt a crime. Now, you need to pay for a license to do that or get fined. I have seen state police watching fishermen with binoculars while hiding on their bellies in the grass.

I recently paid a $300 fine for not have life jackets in an inflatible RAFT floating down a calm river. I was literally followed by a sheriff's car along the river for well over an hour, then flagged over. I could have easily SWAM [and have done so] the entire stretch of river without a liefjacket, and that would have been legal. The raft had an inflated sleeping pad inside it, and three chambers. The sheriffs deputy told me he had no discretion in writing the ticket, it was mandatory. He even bragged that he had written 300 plus similar tickets. I even wrote a letter to the judge stating it was blantantly to produce revenue, and received a rude response saying it was for my own saftey. In a river i swim in everyday?

PiecesOS is what they are, man

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
So when will breathing considered a crime? when the pollution levels are so high you get taxed on your oxygen?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by pellian
So when will breathing considered a crime? when the pollution levels are so high you get taxed on your oxygen?

Yes. Hollywood has a tendency to manifest the future in ways indiscernible if you're not "aware" or what "normal" people call "us" "paranoid". Ever watched the flick called Total Recall starring my governator?
edit on 29-12-2010 by deviantamerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
the world is crippling,its getting old there's no turning back

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Don't forget the recent story of a teacher who called the police and had one of her students arrested for possessing a "sharpie" permanent marker. Apparently permanent markers are deemed only used for graffiti and so they are outlawed. I wonder why they sell them at the local WalMart then?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I also just remembered an incident that I PERSONALLY experienced. Just remembering it pisses me off to no end. I got a notice in the mail saying that my drivers license had been suspended for failure to pay a traffic ticket. I had not gotten any traffic ticket, so I went to the courthouse to get the situation cleared up. They pulled up my info on the computer, and it was someone with my name, but a different drivers license number, address, etc. In other words, mistaken identity and a computer glitch which somehow transposed someone else's info into my records. The computer showed that the other guy had gotten a ticket, not showed up in court, didn't pay the fine, etc. Until they finally suspended his license, but by a COMPUTER GLITCH, for some reason they suspended MY license. The only connection between me and him was we had the same first and last name.

It was obvious it was an error and they admitted so, but get this...they still wanted me to pay the fine and a fee to get my license un-suspended!!! I was amazed and in shock, let this sink in now...they knew I had done nothing wrong, and it was a computer error, but they still said I had to pay the fine or my license would remain suspended, and then a warrant would be issued for my arrest!

I demanded to see a supervisor, and I got them to "waive" the fine (THAT WASN'T EVEN MY FINE!), but they still demanded that I pay the fee to get a license un-suspended ($120). I demanded to know why I had to pay a fee for something that I did not incur, and they said BECAUSE THE COMPUTER WON'T LET US REINSTATE YOUR LICENSE UNLESS WE PROCESS THE PAYMENT. I was furious. I said, let me get this straight, the process to un-suspend my license is controlled by the computer, and you literally cannot un-suspend my license without entering that I made a payment? That's right, they said! No override? I asked? No, we have to put in a dollar amount. I said well just put in that I paid it then! They said that they can't do that because it will cause the end of day transactions to come out wrong. I said JUST PUT IN THAT I PAID 0.00 then!

At this point I was so angry that I was shouting. Some big-hatted sheriff came over and asked what the problem was. As calmly as I could I explained to him that a computer glitch had suspended my license, and that I was being told to pay $120 to un-suspend it, which I felt like I certainly should not have to pay. After explaining everything to the Sheriff, he looks at me and says "Son, are you telling me that you DROVE here with a suspended license, knowingly?". After listening to my story his only concern was trying to find a reason to arrest me! I was so angry that I literally had to just turn around and count to 10, because I was about to tell all of them to f# off.

I decided it was a waste of time to try and talk sense into these idiots, who although knew exactly what the problem was, refused to have any humanity and override the computer. I said FINE and swiped my credit card, verified that my license was now restored, and left. I kept saying to myself, I can't believe those assholes forced me to pay $120 for something I didn't do. I was so angry at "the system" that I felt like if I had access to a bulldozer I would raze the entire building. I don't know what is more sad, that my last sentence alone could get me on a terrorist watch list, or that I still feel so much anger when remembering that day.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

Parking tickets are a tidy (and profitable!) form of extortion.

There's no excuse for arresting people over putting change into expired meters.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Blazer

Why didn't you call your lawyer? Do you even have one?

I wouldn't give them #.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Blazer

DUDE that's terrible!!! I was placed under arrest 4 "drunk driving" in H.B. Cali after I had taken a cab to my cousin's apt. down the street from the bar we were drinking at. Turns out no one was home so i went to my truck, turned on the heater and fell asleep. It was in mid January so it was cold. Someone called the cops on me and they opened my door. I told them exactly what happened, that I was just keeping warm and to call the cab company dispatch to prove my point. He wasn't hearing it and proceeded to make me take sobriety test. 'i refused. He took me in anyway while i was in the back berating him and cussing him out, betting on the fact he never served in the armed forces, (armed forces cops are the coolest, trust me), which i was right. Turns out it never even made it to court, thanx to my lawyer and even at the DMV hearing, the DMV hearing officer looked at the cop in disgust after answering no to question regarding any evidence of him seeing me drinking & driving or any other probable cause to haul me in. Didn't even make it to court, it was not a case, I didn't have to pay for jack# except for the attorneys fees and towing fee (those pricks!) they didn't have to do that! But boy was I ever so mad, and I googled my name, it shows up in their local paper after years! Is there a pro bono attorney that can help me sue these bastards out there for defamation?!?! I feel 4 u brother, I really do
edit on 30-12-2010 by deviantamerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I spent christmas in jail and the psych ward that was 100 miles away from where I lived.

My offense, having a bad christmas and breaking dishes and a window inside my own house where I live by myself. Oops, scared the sheeple, they call it domestic disturbance or something. lol

This is so ridiculous that I'm sure now I'm not the only one but it's a good way for big government to lose power when they actually think that they are in charge.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I was arrested at my town beach in Clinton, CT 06413 for using mentos in a soda can that made a explosion noise which was no louder then a Bob Cat firecracker from South of the boarder. I was charged with the crime of creating a explosive device. My record is tarnished and I'm on every list you can think of, all because of mentos.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost374

I read the first one about the man facing five years on CNN today. It wasn't just reading the email, he gave the emails to her first husband. But still, Vick gets less than 2 years for killing dogs, while someone who forwards an email gets 5?

I am STILL waiting (6 years) to go to court about a guy who stole my smi truck and 43 ft trailer.
The DA told me that although the guy has 4 convictions including attempted murder his sentence if convicted will be 2 months suspended sentence!

Compare that to the two guy who got 8 years because they wrapped lobster tails in plastic instead of cardboard! www.iamnotguilty.org...

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by Blazer

Why didn't you call your lawyer? Do you even have one?

I wouldn't give them #.

I didn't have a lawyer (still don't). They cost money and I was broke. I had to pay the $120 with my credit card. As pissed as I was, There was no real way out out of the situation. Once the Sheriff tried to trick me into admitting I drove with a suspended license so that he could arrest me, I knew they had no interest in helping me or doing the right thing.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by deviantamerican

Ouch that's terrible as well. I knew a guy that got a DUI for riding on a skateboard. He was indeed intoxicated, but he was on a skateboard, and on the sidewalk, just on his way home from a party.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Everything can be a crime, if a LEO decides it is. There's a charge known as "disorderly conduct", and there are no specific criteria to meet to be guilty of it, it's a charge made at the officer's discretion. Granted, an absolutely bogus charge of it may be thrown out of court if you take it there, but that won't change that you were charged, and likely spent some time locked up for it.

I know there are likely some LEOs reading this thread, and I'm not saying LEOs are evil, but you all are aware that you have this card at your disposal.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

#4 from the Black list News

Milwaukee Man Fined $500 For Cursing On Bus
Man Given Ticket By Undercover Deputy

Updated: 7:18 pm CST December 26, 2010
www.channel3000.com...

Reminds me of this

Yeah you can say Our Country(USA) is Like a Catch a Pig in a Fence Police State

From Demolition Man made in 1993

Demolition Man - Language Violation

In the Near Future i can See this Happening Will it ? when CCTV become Obsolete !

Minority Report Mall Scene

A Brave New World indeed its Starting Now

with Black Uniformed Intimidating Police that Reminds you of the Gestapo & the SS of Nazi Germany

Metropolitan police WOW ! U.K. Look like Nazi Propaganda

cache4.asset-cache.net..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Securing Britain's Future

America Ohh America

When Will The State Police Of New York Wear Black ?
Well from the looks of this Pic I guess its Soon!

UAFF
www.uaff.info...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3cd1e03a83bd.jpg[/atsimg]

Soon it will become like this
THX 1138

A Brave New World Order (Trailer)

edit on 30-12-2010 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join