It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost Everything Is A Crime In America Now: 14 Of The Most Ridiculous Things That Americans Are Bei

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem

Almost Everything Is A Crime In America Now: 14 Of The Most Ridiculous Things That Americans Are Being Arrested For

blacklistednews.com

Sadly, it is not just hardcore criminals that are being rounded up and abused by authorities these days. The following are 14 of the most ridiculous things that Americans are being arrested for….
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
[url=http://www.benzinga.com/10/12/733935/almost-everything-is-a-crime-in-america-now-14-of-the-most-ridiculous-things-that-ameri]www.benzinga.com[/ url]

This is what happens when elected, appointed and hired government's officials/agents can abuse peoples rights and violate the law without any repercussion. All they need to do is remove the protections Police enjoy(civil and criminal) and these problems will dissipate.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
These police state practices are especially evil when they affect the kids. Some examples:

5-8-05
12-yr old Girl Charged With Battery for giving another kid a fat-lip during a 'dodge-ball' type game.
ALTA LOMA, Calif. -- What started as a version of the schoolyard game of dodge ball has apparently become a legal ordeal for a 12-year-old girl and her family.....
www.nbc4.tv...

--------------

2-11-06
Boy charged with felony for carrying sugar
A 12-year-old Aurora(Illinois) boy who said he brought powdered sugar to school for a science project this week has been charged with a felony for possessing a look-alike drug, ...
www.suntimes.com...

--------------

5-27-06
Two-Year-Old Cited by Police
A two-year-old boy has been cited by Jeanerette(LA) police for criminal damage to property, after allegedly throwing a rock at a vehicle. .....
prisonplanet.com...

--------------

12-20-06
Young Girl Facing Charges After Wetting Pants
(AP) DANVILLE, Pa. A 12-year-old special education student in Montour County was charged with disorderly conduct after authorities said she deliberately wet her pants at school....
cbs3.com...

-------------------

3-13-07 7-Year-Old Boy Arrested, Handcuffed for riding on sidewalk
BALTIMORE — Police arrested a 7-year-old boy, handcuffed him and hauled him down to the station house on a charge of riding a motorized dirt bike on a sidewalk.
www.foxnews.com.../crime

-----------------

3-30-07
13yr-old arrested for writing on desk
A 13-year-old girl was handcuffed and placed under arrest in front of her classmates in Dyker Heights after she wrote "Okay" on her desk. ....she's been charged with criminal mischief and the making of graffiti.
Then she was handcuffed and led out of the school ...
wcbstv.com...

--------------

www.alamo-girl.com...
Tampa Tribune 12/9/99 "…..A 12-year-old boy who stomped his foot in a puddle at school, spraying classmates and a school resource officer, was taught a lesson he's not likely to forget. Kyle Fredrikson was walking back to class from lunch when Deputy Tim Langer said the boy ``purposely stomped in the water'' after being told numerous times by school personnel to stay with the group and out of the rain. He didn't, and at that point, Langer took the sixth-grader to a school office where the boy was cuffed, put in a patrol car and taken to jail. ….."

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I caught this cogent essay about what is happening in Amerika right now:

-----------

www.citylimits.org...

I spent 24 hours in the slammer the other day. My crime? Well, the police couldn’t tell me when they locked me up. The prosecutor and judge couldn’t either, when I was arraigned the following day. I found out for myself when I researched the matter a few days after being released: I had been cited for walking my dog off the leash – once, six years ago.

Welcome to the ugly underside of the zero-tolerance era, where insignificant rule violations get inflated into criminal infractions. Here’s how it worked with me: a gaggle of transit cops stopped me after they saw me walk between two subway cars on my way to work. This, they told me, was against the rules. They asked for ID and typed my name into a hand-held computer. Up came that old citation that I didn’t know about and they couldn’t tell me about. I was immediately handcuffed and brought to the precinct. There, I waited in a holding cell, then was fingerprinted ....I could hardly believe it: I was being arrested without ever having committed a crime. ....

While I was inside, I was astounded by the kinds of things that take up police and court time. A couple of people nabbed for being in various parks after dark. One of them was walking his dog. Two young men accused of riding their bicycles on the sidewalk. Three people arrested for sleeping in a subway station. My roommate in the lock-up was an articulate and self-aware 60-year-old whose sin was that he bought a bottle of booze and had taken a swig on the street. In the cell next to us: two costumed Mariachis busted for busking on the subway. They were repeat offenders. Their weapons: a guitar and an accordion. .....

With zero tolerance, we have finally done it: We have criminalized everyday life. ...slapping young people behind bars and giving them an arrest record simply because the normal things they do are trivial rule violations is not only wasteful, it’s downright criminal.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
reply to post by Gabrielle.Black

Gabrielle
Hear is a link for dumb laws in the U.S. It is not necessarily the arrest report for the kid who farted in class but it does show that there are stupid laws on the books.

The point of Gabrielle's post was to fact-check on your own information you are being fed.

Take for instance; find me the law that states "It’s still “legal” to hang someone for shooting your dog on your property." in the state of Nevada.

For your conveience here is the link to Nevada's Law Library. In the search query I could not find the so called "dumb laws" that the site is perpetuating. Maybe I didn't look hard enough.

Further I picked another random 'law' from your link. This time I chose Boise, ID. The law I searched for was the "Residents may not fish from a giraffe’s back."

Going to Boise's City Code you can search for laws/codes/etc. I found no such laws on their books. Just for good measure I expanded it to the state's code and still found nothing.

Now that site does have a few sourced laws such as the bathhouse law in California among others. The main point that Gab was getting at was always verify and always assume that it is not true if you read it on the internet.

Others have gone through and even gave context to the OP list, but people ignore it because they want the sensational; not the factual.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr UAE
and you thought that sharia law was bad

sorry I was just kidding , but really can't help it

no shooting please I was really kidding

haha you're a brave one, posting such blasphemous thoughts from the United Arab Emirates! You got some big cajones my friend!

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join