It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

REVEALED! Oct. 21st, 2011- The Beginning of the 1260 Great Tribulation Period

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Here is another potential major clue:

The Gospel according to
St. Luke

24 For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day.
25 But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.
26 And as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.
27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.
28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;
29 but the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

You can see above it says, "but the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all. Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed."

Sodom was destroyed on a Passover date:

www.hebroots.org...

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Knowing the start of the Great Tribulation period and when The Son of Man returns (Jesus?) are two separate things. Knowing the start of the Great Tribulation period, perhaps YES! Knowing when the Son of Man returns? Who knows!

Day and Hour
Now we’ll look at that other popular phrase, “No one knows the day or the hour”.

“No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.” (Matt. 24:36-37)

After the Great Tribulation ends (Matt. 24:29) there will be various signs in the heavens. The sun and moon will go dark and the stars will fall from the sky. Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear and all the nations will mourn. After that they’ll see Him coming in the clouds with power and great glory, having gathered His elect from all over Heaven to join Him (Matt. 24:30-31). This is confirmed in both Rev. 18:14 and Rev. 19: 11-14. From both the context and the passage itself it’s clear that the Lord was referring to the day and hour of the 2nd Coming, when He’ll be coming with us not for us.

gracethrufaith.com... -the-hour-2/

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Whoa! I think I just figured out when Armageddon happens!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by NeuronDivide

That is a misinterpretation of scripture.

On the contrary, believers in Christ are told to watch for the end times, and given clues (see below).
However, for those who are open minded enough to check things out, the BIG clue is that Israel was/is God's timepiece.

Was Napoleon/Hitler/Other the Antichrist heralding the endtimes??? NO!! There was no Israel. There were prophecies that Israel would be reborn as a nation in ONE day, and indeed it was in 1948.

Here is what Jesus the Christ said about the end times, and how to see the signs and KNOW the season you are in; we are in the end times indeed. From Mark, Chapter 13:

And as he sat upon the mount of Olives over against the temple, Peter and James and John and Andrew asked him privately, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what [shall be] the sign when all these things shall be fulfilled? And Jesus answering them began to say, Take heed lest any [man] deceive you: For many shall come in my name, saying, I am [Christ]; and shall deceive many.

And when ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars, be ye not troubled: for [such things] must needs be; but the end [shall] not [be] yet.

For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these [are] the beginnings of sorrows.

But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them.

**And the gospel must first be published among all nations.**

But when they shall lead [you], and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.

Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against [their] parents, and shall cause them to be put to death.

And ye shall be hated of all [men] for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:

And let him that is on the housetop not go down into the house, neither enter [therein], to take any thing out of his house:

And let him that is in the field not turn back again for to take up his garment. But woe to them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days! And pray ye that your flight be not in the winter.

For [in] those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be. And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.

And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here [is] Christ; or, lo, [he is] there; believe [him] not: For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if [it were] possible, even the elect. But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things. But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken. And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.

Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near: So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, [even] at the doors.

Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done. Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. But of that day and [that] hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father. Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is. [For the Son of man is] as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch. Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning: Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping. And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

Soooo, we are told to know the SEASON, but we cannot know the hour or day. The more you study in truth, the more you will see we are in that season, and Israel is God's timepiece. War against Israel come soon, and God will protect her lest she be destroyed. The Kings of the North (Russia) and East (China/Iran) will come against her soon.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Stargate2012

This is the reason why I hate religion... In my believe is a God good, but the God who invented this has nothing to do with good... It's pure evil to me!!! If the world ends so let it be, but I do not want to know when I'm still alive and every days work go's on and on so to know things like this will kill humans anyway by the natur of the human self if it is true!!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by jrmcleod

Originally posted by NeuronDivide
The bible itself says repeatedly that nobody is going to know when judgement day happens.

Matthew 24:43-44 "But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him."

Luke 12:39-40 "But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what hour the thief was coming, he would not have let his house be broken into. You also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him."

edit on 27-12-2010 by NeuronDivide because: edit

Well this sounds like, if we knew when the end times were coming we would be able to stop it. Which in my opinion must mean its something physical that can be stopped, otherwise why would God use these words to describe his coming?

The point of those passages is that you need to be ready (aka: "right with God") at all times, because you don't know when the end is coming. The "end" being either the End Times, or our own death. If you knew that you were going to die tomorrow, or not for 50 years, you might live your life differently -- these bits say "live like you were going to die tomorrow."

I understand the meaning of the passage but the choice of words are starnge. It basically says that the owner of the house would be able to stop the robbery. Humans are the owner of the house and God is the robber in this passage. So to say that the owner of the house would be able to keep watch and not let his house be broken into would mean that humans would be able to watch their earth and stop whatever was coming towards them if they only knew the date of what was coming.

A million different scenarios could have been used to convey the same message that is written on these passages, i just find it odd that this scenario was used.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
If it´s not Oct.21st 2011, I have some choices for you:

New Age writers cite Mayan and Aztec calendars which predict the end of the age on Dec 21, 2012.

2012:

Michael Drosnin, author of "The Bible Code," found a hidden message in the Pentateuch (the first five books in the Bible) that predicts that a comet will crash into the earth in 2012 and annihilate all life.

2012-DEC-22:

The Mayan calendar has many divisions of time: months of 20 days, years of 360 days, katun of 7200 days and a baktun of 144,000 days. Their calendar started on 3114-AUG-13 BCE with the birth of Venus. They expected the world to last for exactly 13 baktun cycles. They anticipated the end of the world near the Winter Solstice of 2012. (3)

An article in Weekly World News describes a find by a Professor Lloyd Cunningdale of Salt Lake City who was excavating with his students at the site of the famous Donner party disaster of 1847. The latter were a group of settlers bound for California who became trapped by snow in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Cunningdale and students have found a time capsule left by the settlers which contains many predictions for the future. They predict that nations will abandon traditional methods of conflict and resort to the use of biological warfare. In 2016, one such disease will spread and kill all of the humans on the planet. (4)

John Denton. (Bible Research & Investigation Co)

Takes the view that both covenants must be of equal time. (problem with this view is that the first covenant started at Sinai. The promises to Abraham are completely separate from the first covenant. Gal 3 and Heb 8)

2047-SEP-14:

According to The Church of !BLAIR!, the human race will probably be terminated at 3:28 AM (Soho, England time) 2047, SEP. 14!. The church teaches, with tongue firmly in cheek, that if the human race does not discard their plastic conformity, then the Gods will withdraw their protection. The Gods don't want us to worship them; they don't want sacrifices or even offerings. They just want us to rid itself of our excessive "Normalcy". At that point, Astro-Lemurs (extra-terrestrials similar in shape to lemurs, but with rainbow colored bodies) will attack the entire human race and beat them to death with gigantic burritos. You have been warned. ;-)

www.bible.ca...

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Considering Harold Camping a well versed Bible pastor, he has come up with a few very intriguing dates to look at. One is the creation date of 11,013 B.C. The next important date is the time of the flood of Noah, which he says occurred in the year 4990 B.C. There is his well-known May 21st, 2011 Judgment Day and Rapture date, which I disagree with for numerous reasons. And then there is his 'end of the world' date of Oct. 21st, 2011.

Poppycock. You want us to believe this guy's predictions yet he thinks the universe was created 11k years ago? No thanks. I'm pretty sure we've already discovered megalithic structures under some coasts of the world that are older than that.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Well this sounds like, if we knew when the end times were coming we would be able to stop it. Which in my opinion must mean its something physical that can be stopped, otherwise why would God use these words to describe his coming?

The point of those passages is that you need to be ready (aka: "right with God") at all times, because you don't know when the end is coming. The "end" being either the End Times, or our own death. If you knew that you were going to die tomorrow, or not for 50 years, you might live your life differently -- these bits say "live like you were going to die tomorrow."

I understand the meaning of the passage but the choice of words are starnge. It basically says that the owner of the house would be able to stop the robbery. Humans are the owner of the house and God is the robber in this passage. So to say that the owner of the house would be able to keep watch and not let his house be broken into would mean that humans would be able to watch their earth and stop whatever was coming towards them if they only knew the date of what was coming.

Well, it is an odd way of putting it, but the end times are the fulfillment of God's plan. Why would he allow us to derail that plan? Why would he want us to? Why would we want to? It could be argued, of course, that the end comes because God has "had enough" and if everyone repented and turned from their evil ways, he'd stave off the last judgement, similar to what happened with Jonah and Nineveh, but I think that the odds of that happening are about zero.

I've actually seen people post on ATS that they would welcome the Rapture, because it would rid them of "all those annoying Christians". When I pointed out to one of them that such an event would be proof that Christians were right and that if he didn't mend his ways, he was doomed, he essentially replied that he didn't care.

How does one argue with that? What hope is there that this person would repent?
edit on 28-12-2010 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I don't buy into any of it: one, the future cannot be predicted and two when the end of the world as we know it, or the beginning of something new is to manifest, it will be unpredictable and sudden. The human race are apt to be in control of everything including the circumstances of our very existence. Posts on end times and such are exciting to read and leave speculation for possibilities, but they are just vain attempts to ascertain some level of control over what people hope our destiny will bring.
edit on 28-12-2010 by hdca19 because: spelling errors

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Then why bother replying???

I swear, people get on my friggin nerves when they chime in just to illucidate their own ineptitude. If you don't care and don't want to see another prophecy thread, then why open it in the first place and then why post in it with meaningless gibberish?

I for one am of the mind that it is unlikely this is right, but there's no need for me to attempt to immasculate the OP's beliefs in his own thread.

Jaden

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Then why bother replying???

I swear, people get on my friggin nerves when they chime in just to illucidate their own ineptitude. If you don't care and don't want to see another prophecy thread, then why open it in the first place and then why post in it with meaningless gibberish?

I for one am of the mind that it is unlikely this is right, but there's no need for me to attempt to immasculate the OP's beliefs in his own thread.

Jaden

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

You? What about the hundreds before you. Why even read it? We know it will fail. Just like every other prediction.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Am i saying it is going to happen? No! But is it is a theory with never before seen time codes and clues. If you want to read it, go for it. If you want to understand the symbolism, time stamps, esoteric codes, multicontextual analysis, then take some time reading it! Hopefully the theory fails too, but you never know.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Atlantien

Jeremiah 23:16
This is what the LORD Almighty says: “Do not listen to what the prophets are prophesying to you; they fill you with false hopes. They speak visions from their own minds, not from the mouth of the LORD.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Is it based off the Bible? Yes. Therefore, resort to rule 1. Nobody knows the end. If you knew the end, that would invalidate that, and therefore invalidate the bible, and therefore invalidate your theory, as the bible would not be a credible source.

Symbolism is for the weak of mind. Time codes are for the over thinkers. I resort to the simple way of embodying the word in a complex manner. Embodying > representation.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

To many, Bible end times speculation and theories are fun, especially when things make a lot of sense. If the meme of "2012" is going to happen, we need to find a time clue around that day. I chose Oct. 21st, 2011 as it being when it goes down.

It will state in the Bible that for those who are awake, the Day of the Lord will not come as a thief in the night and know the time and the seasons. Perhaps right before it happens in the future, the timeline gets accurately figured out?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

No, it means the Lord's chosen get poofed away. That is why it will be sad for mothers and women with children, for in an instant, every child, in their innocence, and every fetus is going to suddenly either die or just disappear. Two will be in the field and one will be taken, two will be grinding at the mill, and one will be taken.

A sad day, and a great division will happen, and many with either die or just disappear. God doesn't say how now when. He just says that they will be gone without knowing they went nor their friends understanding why.

It shouldn't be fun. It's not going to be for those who don't get taken. It's a sad time of weeping and praying, and we should all pray for if we get chosen, we should beg for the souls left behind.
edit on 28-12-2010 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
My whole life is one great tribulation period.
Hey .. if you are looking for a 'free ticket out' .. rapture .. got news for ya' ... it's not biblical.
Have a nice day.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The apparent REAL ending to the Mayan calendar: Oct 28, 2011. Maybe has something to do with that. I don't know for sure, but you'll find all kinds of sources just by Googling that date.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join