It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why some people want to live in a country but don't want to pay their taxes?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

It's not that people don't want to pay their taxes......it's just that we don't want to pay other people's taxes. EX: Freeloaders, Banksters, Corporate Bailouts, etc.

Cleanup the governments spending on ridiculous items and blank checks to anyone with their handout and we'll talk about paying taxes to the country we "want" to live in.

Merry Christmas Karl Marx

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Based on what?
Because I was born in a system like that I have to accept it?
If you have rights to accept it, I have rights to deny it. Right? If this is a non-violent/non-coercive state, everyone has a right to choose. Right?

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I don't pay much in taxes. I rent, so I don't pay property taxes, even if I did own land, I still wouldn't have to pay taxes on it because I'd buy land on the reservation. The main reason we don't pay taxes here is that we still hold title to the land, in this case, most of New York State. It's some thing the Crown was never able to do, and something the US government has never been able to is extinguish our title, they claim they hold it in trust for us. How can we pay taxes on our own land?

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I want you the thread author, to go outside and say outloud that you just made your own laws and that everyone should pay you for doing nothing, then lets see how many people will agree with you.

Thats basicly how a country works, pay the fat, lazy, ugly pigs that run it so they can steal a lot more of the money.

The only taxes you should pay are simple: roads, healtcare, police&fire departments and for the sprawl of the country, the pigs should work to get money and rule the country as an extra and no payment for it.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by aliengenes
first off: i never asked to be born
secondly: no one has the right to demand anything from me
thirdly: i don't owe anyone anything and pay as i go
fourthly: what i earn is mine and any tax i pay is included into whatever i purchase and that's all their ever going to get....period

if you choose to support a system that only works to destroy you, that's your privilege. i have better things to do than get caught up in it and be enslaved by it

edit on 24-12-2010 by aliengenes because: (no reason given)

Are you using public roads or put your children to school?
edit on 25-12-2010 by TheOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Doesn't anybody read the links anymore? I've just updated myself since I posted yesterday and everybody's still debating thier beliefs WITHOUT anything to back them up. (i.e.- links!) My post earlier in this thread gave all the fodder needed to either support your claim or explain why you're wrong.

I gave the links because they are loaded with information and if I did a 'copy/paste', I woiuld have filled an entire page!

Now if you would like to win your arguement, excues me, debate, here is the history. Listed below is the link to my post.
It will be alright, juist click it-

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Need a teaser? How about Good Ol' Walt Disney-

There had to be a way that they could get everyone to pay this voluntary tax so the wicked ones unleashed one of their greatest weapons (Hollywood) to do what it was made to do, program the minds of the people!

Henry Morgenthau, the Secretary of the Treasury at the time, ordered John J. Sullivan, a Treasury Department official, to contact none other than Walt Disney! Walt flew in to D.C. to have a meeting with Morgenthau and Internal Revenue Commissioner Guy Helvering. Morgenthau told Walt that the U.S. wanted him to help sell people on paying the income tax. Walt wondered why this was even needed. Couldn't you just throw people in jail if there was a law saying you must pay the federal income tax? Mr. Helvering told Walt that he just wanted people to be enthusiastic about paying taxes.

So Walt went back to California and put a short movie together called "The New Spirit". The objective was to make people feel it was their "patriotic" duty to pay the income tax. It starred Donald Duck (Walt's biggest star at the time). Along with this movie, "Inflation" and "Spirit of 43" all played instrumental roles in the tax propaganda.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I can't speak for anybody else, but
1) The Federal government has exceeded it's Constitutional mandate. It is now invalid, why support it?
2) Income tax is Un-Constitutional, Thus illegal so why support it?
3) Tax Cheat Timothy Geithner is Sec Treas. If he does not pay his taxes, why should I?
4) The illegal taxes support programs I oppose. Why should I be forced to pay for abortions and other crap?
The list goes on, but you get my point....It all boils down to this; Why pay for my own enslavement????????

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Maybe it's becasue that it's been proven that the only thing our taxes pays for is the interest on the natioanl debt. We get NOTHING for what we give. The Government has done nothing but steal and take from us for generations and it continues. They get to live lavishly while the rest of us suffer from paycheck to paycheck and then, because we can't even afford to do that anymore....we have to pay for even the most simple life by paying with credit cards because we don't get paid enough to support our families, thus putting us in debt. They "create" these recessions and depressions to oppress us into submission, so don't blame the country for the debt...it was the government and their selfish, gluttonous agenda that did it. Thanks Bushs, Obama, Clintons, Gore, Cheney, Bernnanke, Rothschilds, Kissenger...you know, the same old names and faces that we keep trusting over and over and over like idiot sheep? Our taxes pays for our own oppression....this is why we don't want to pay it. We would be glad to pay it, were our country not hijacked by thugs and criminals who extort us at every turn.
edit on 25-12-2010 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
so true!
I live in this once great country and I certainly do not want to pay their taxes.
2/3 jobs in this country are now government jobs that pay more than pvt sector jobs.
I DO NOT want to pay their taxes.
Now that s501 got passed, I want to say, I don't want to pay their taxes so they can pay a government paid henchman to first inform me then enforce the fact that they will not allow me to grow vegetables in my garden unless I submit a request for an exemption and allowed by them to plant a seed and water it and then eat it's fruits.
I also am not that interested in paying taxes for another government job or 2 or 50 where someone is enpowered to tell me I have to pay for the rainwater runoff that leaves my property. Or that I am not even allowed to collect it for my own use.

You see, taxes are not the problem.
It's the complete lack of accountabilty that creates the power divide in using the taxes. taxes should not be used to grow government beyond the pvt sector.
One should always be the others master, unlike the opposite effect we have now where the taxmaster rules the true sovereign.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

There is a way to not have to pay taxes. Though it is in essence communism. Your worth is set by the state. Your worth stays constant based on your production-consumption ratio. You're worth never changes, unless you are charged with some sort of crime or something. Corporations are worth their profits + employee worth, and the nation is worth the sum total of all worths within. People won't be buying everything they want forever. They'll get bored. And eventually they will subside. Makes mass production extremely better, as you only produce what you need, rather than what you can and hope people buy. Your worth increases from positive feed back, and decreases from negative feedback. Do what you love and you can make a living.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Without taxes the water would be unfit to drink,

No I am pretty sure thats why I have to pay a water/sewer bill.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Dont ever let another citizen of the USA guilt trip you that you dont pay your taxes because you do. You do it whether you like to or not...yes even the illegals everyone doesn't like from across the border.

Sales Tax
School Tax
Liquor Tax
Luxury Tax
Excise Taxes
Property Tax
Cigarette Tax
Medicare Tax
Inventory Tax
Real Estate Tax
Well Permit Tax
Fuel Permit Tax
Inheritance Tax
Road Usage Tax
CDL license Tax
Dog License Tax
State Income Tax
Food License Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Gross Receipts Tax
Social Security Tax
Service Charge Tax
Fishing License Tax
Federal Income Tax
Building Permit Tax
IRS Interest Charges
Hunting License Tax
Marriage License Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Personal Property Tax
Accounts Receivable Tax
Recreational Vehicle Tax
Workers Compensation Tax
Watercraft Registration Tax
Telephone Usage Charge Tax
Telephone Federal Excise Tax
Telephone State and Local Tax
IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax
Telephone Federal Universal Service Fee Tax
Gasoline Tax (currently 44.75 cents per gallon)
Utility Taxes Vehicle License Registration Tax
Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Taxes
Telephone Recurring and Nonrecurring Charges Tax

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
To run a country is not free, things cost money (even for just printing money). It's like a gigantic hotel and a hospital (since it has social responsibilites), it has facilities, it might be 5 stars, it might 3 stars, and their rates vary, but if you want to stay there, you should pay your taxes.

If you have a problem with the tax rates or their tax structure, you have every right to complain, but you still have to fulfill your obligation as a citizen, otherwise you're just a freeloader.

You are one of the many people who DO NOT understand WHO pays the taxes and why. Corporations PAY taxes for the infrastructure BECAUSE they PROFIT FROM IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Citizen does NOT, as WE own all the natural resources that the corporations have stolen from us. I know this is much to complicated to explain to you, if this is your viewpoint. You are either a government schill or an employee of the criminal organization known as the IRS.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I was hoping this was going to be a thought out kind of OP.

But it is just the same old BS,uttered by someone who could use more ability to reason.

There were little or no income taxes collected from private citizens by the U.S. government until around 1916.

So..How do you figure the government managed to function before then?.

Duh!,think about it.

What is it that nobody remembers because they didn't live it?,and are not REALLY taught about it?........

History!,study up on it.
edit on 25-12-2010 by chiponbothshoulders because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle

Originally posted by aliengenes
first off: i never asked to be born
secondly: no one has the right to demand anything from me
thirdly: i don't owe anyone anything and pay as i go
fourthly: what i earn is mine and any tax i pay is included into whatever i purchase and that's all their ever going to get....period

if you choose to support a system that only works to destroy you, that's your privilege. i have better things to do than get caught up in it and be enslaved by it

edit on 24-12-2010 by aliengenes because: (no reason given)

Are you using public roads or put your children to school?
edit on 25-12-2010 by TheOracle because: (no reason given)

We're forced to pay tax, what other option then sending your kid to a state sponsored school driving on state sponsored roads? By state sponsored I mean money outright stolen from the populace.
edit on 25-12-2010 by alien because: ...needless personal comment removed...

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by yrwehere1

i agree with you, you didn't see me mention the constitution thought, i just stated it's the way things are now.

END THE FED

it's a start, not the end goal.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
reply to post by whaaa

Without taxes the water would be unfit to drink,

No I am pretty sure thats why I have to pay a water/sewer bill.

Actually water is tested by a private firm that is paid for by state or county taxes; then the results are sent back to the pumping facility if the water is found to have effluent or other contaminates.

If you have a private well as I do, then the testing is up to you.

www.etrlabs.com...

I don't mind paying taxes to maintain the infrastructure but I damn sure don't like making the war profiteers rich with my taxes.

costofwar.com...
edit on 25-12-2010 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I don't mind paying taxes to maintain the infrastructure but I damn sure don't like making the war profiteers rich with my taxes.

If it's for self defence, it's acceptable, if it's for war profiteering, of course not. I'm not even sure why some soldiers go to war which doesn't seem about defending the country, yet feeling patriotic about it, too confused maybe.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join