It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why some people want to live in a country but don't want to pay their taxes?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
To run a country is not free, things cost money (even for just printing money). It's like a gigantic hotel and a hospital (since it has social responsibilites), it has facilities, it might be 5 stars, it might 3 stars, and their rates vary, but if you want to stay there, you should pay your taxes.

If you have a problem with the tax rates or their tax structure, you have every right to complain, but you still have to fulfill your obligation as a citizen, otherwise you're just a freeloader.

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Private Instituitions print money, not governments.

Taxation of any sort is Robbery.

Last time i checked the biggest freeloaders are the one "managing" us, they wine and dine, and get driven around in luxury cars on the Tax Payers expense.

One would think if there really is a financial crisis and not just a speculative problem, common sense would prevail and governments would take out their own excess instead of always laying it on the people.

Every new tax opens a precedent for countless more.

And they have been pilling up in ways that would be unreasonable and unacceptable to people living in the 1950s who already payed taxes.
edit on 23/12/10 by AnotherYOU because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Ah the beauty of Marxist brain washing. What part of "taking peoples money or stuff without thier consent is theft" do you not understand? Government should not be in the hotel business especially using stolen funds they are only for protecting rights and mutual defense period. Everything else should be done privately and has been in the past.

Also they should not be printing money either. Question for you if the government needs money to print money then where to do they get the money to print the first batch of money?

edit on 23-12-2010 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Question for you if the government needs money to print money then where to do they get the money to print the first batch of money?

edit on 23-12-2010 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

Obviously from the "Thin Air" emergencies only piggy bank trust fund.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
everyone dose pay taxes like when we we by gas or something at the store.there is no way around this .but we should never have to pay taxes on are labor.this is how it was for more than a hundred years and this country was at its best then.and it is unconstitutional to be taxed from are labor.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

do you have any idea how much you are taxed just on the goods and services you consume.Think about it, especially since they are imported.So just with this issue there is an import tax,then it snowballs....I have know idea what the state federal and local taxes I pay on gasoline here in Cali. I dont know...I venture to say most Americans dont know either. I venture that, WE, dont have a clue how much of what we pay for things has what amount attached.
How come we dont know and why dont we care, as we hurry hurry hurry to the April 15th deadline....Seriously why should we give all the countries money in forign aid that we the tax payer have to pay, that our government barrows from China to be able to float those checks. Some of those countries we waged war with . Companies like Haliburton get rich, then we pay pay pay to rebuild a nation we destroyed........to me, its just not fair and ballanced...Our taxes are in the same league as Japans property mortgage system Children dont inherit a home they inherit a mortgage ...thats my 2cents worth plus tax equals $29,995.99

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I don't know if you've noticed but a large chunk of our Treasury ( tax money) was recently handed to uber bankers throughout the world for multi-million dollar bonuses.by appointed officials.Your view is simplistic and largely leftist. Roads I drive on are paid for by state imposed gas taxes.

Keep guzzling that Koolaid! "kiddo"

edit on 24-12-2010 by 46ACE because: usual schpelling...

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Maybe they like the people, environment, climate and culture of their chosen country but aren't too keen on paying taxes for things such as bullets and bombs to destroy little countries of brown people, maybe they just don't want that blood on their hands. Maybe they'd rather give to their country in other ways like for example by charity or environmental preservation or community works.

Just a thought.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

And where do you suggest the people who do not want to pay taxes go? The Governments have already claimed all avaliable land. You are born into a system with no choice but to remain in it.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Im sure this has been posted to death here, but im also pretty sure the OP never seen it.

Google Video Link

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Because some people like to live on their by their own...without the interference or dependence of a government, taxes basically force them to participate "in the country".

There is something fundamentally wrong with not being able to live "outside" a system...

You can to some degree but you still have to pay property taxes, so you have to find some way of "income" thus producing a good/service to "sell" that they tax you on as well...

By the time you simply pay for just your property tax you are too deep in the "system" of the country to ever be separate from it.

The problem with government is it has always been FORCED upon its people/participants.

If you don't think the US government is forced on you just try to exist and live an "off the grid" life without ever paying the property taxes for the land you live on...

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
first off: i never asked to be born
secondly: no one has the right to demand anything from me
thirdly: i don't owe anyone anything and pay as i go
fourthly: what i earn is mine and any tax i pay is included into whatever i purchase and that's all their ever going to get....period

if you choose to support a system that only works to destroy you, that's your privilege. i have better things to do than get caught up in it and be enslaved by it

edit on 24-12-2010 by aliengenes because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Glad to see so many jumped on this so quickly, I almost feel like I don't even have to post but . . .

When I buy a gallon of gas . . . I pay taxes

When I purchase a six-pack of beer . . . I pay taxes

If I bought a pack of cigarettes ( I don't smoke, but IF), I would pay taxes.

When I use my cell phone, I pay taxes.

When I watch cable TV, I pay taxes.

If I owned a home, I would pay taxes.

The list goes on and on, and these taxes, per say, don't bother me that much because I am able to decide if I want to pay the tax in order to take part in the goods or services.

The income tax is a tax on your labor. Not only is it unconstitutional, it basically turns us into economic slaves. There is no choice, you have to pay it. Think about it, for 3 months of the year you work to pay the interest on a debt to an international bank, not a government. That, my friend, is slavery.

On a side note:

I am so sick and tired of these types of threads on ATS. Someone who brings nothing to the table, no research, no interesting facts, no media, no news story, NOTHING, and just makes some asinine comment about a particular subject knowing that people will respond.

Seriously, OP, do some research before you pollute this website with your tripe, I don't think I'm alone when I say we are tired of this B.S.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
for me personally, it's not the state taxes I have a problem with, it's federal taxes.

...and it looks like OP has bailed on his own thread without a single reply to anyone....

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

These threads always amaze me. I don't love taxes but I do happen to drive on public roads. I call 911 when things go horribly, horribly wrong. I enjoy public services of many kinds - daily - and often.

The anti tax / Tea Party crowd loves to chime in and scream that they hate taxes and then they hold their rallies on public lands - paid for an kept up with TAX MONEY.

Hypocrite much?

Oh, and to the poster who said that taxes or wrong because they didn't ask to be born....BWAHAHAHA. Thank you, I needed that belly laugh.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
To run a country is not free, things cost money (even for just printing money). It's like a gigantic hotel and a hospital (since it has social responsibilites), it has facilities, it might be 5 stars, it might 3 stars, and their rates vary, but if you want to stay there, you should pay your taxes.

If you have a problem with the tax rates or their tax structure, you have every right to complain, but you still have to fulfill your obligation as a citizen, otherwise you're just a freeloader.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this statement however it is not a complete idea. Those who are paying the taxes must be able to do more than just complain about the amount, how it is collected, and how it is spent. Some say we have that ability, I disagree. If you think I'm wrong prove it by affecting the tax system in any way but going to jail or paying a fine and I will change my mind. When you have no say over how much, when or how they take it, or how it gets spent (in our case paid in full to Federal Reserve) then you are just a slave, nothing more.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Using violence against people who have harmed no one is wrong.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Without taxes the water would be unfit to drink, we would drive on unmaintained dirt roads, uninspected meat would make us sick, and their would be no www. to voice our complaints about paying taxes. The internet was initially funded by tax dollars for military application and information sharing between universities.

If you don't want to pay taxes, incorporate and write everything off. That's what businesses do. Individuals can do the same thing. I did

edit on 24-12-2010 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrZERO
Glad to see so many jumped on this so quickly, I almost feel like I don't even have to post but . . .

When I buy a gallon of gas . . . I pay taxes

When I purchase a six-pack of beer . . . I pay taxes

If I bought a pack of cigarettes ( I don't smoke, but IF), I would pay taxes.

When I use my cell phone, I pay taxes.

When I watch cable TV, I pay taxes.

If I owned a home, I would pay taxes.

The list goes on and on, and these taxes, per say, don't bother me that much because I am able to decide if I want to pay the tax in order to take part in the goods or services.

The income tax is a tax on your labor. Not only is it unconstitutional, it basically turns us into economic slaves. There is no choice, you have to pay it. Think about it, for 3 months of the year you work to pay the interest on a debt to an international bank, not a government. That, my friend, is slavery.

On a side note:

I am so sick and tired of these types of threads on ATS. Someone who brings nothing to the table, no research, no interesting facts, no media, no news story, NOTHING, and just makes some asinine comment about a particular subject knowing that people will respond.

Seriously, OP, do some research before you pollute this website with your tripe, I don't think I'm alone when I say we are tired of this B.S.

Well said dude, lemme add to the tax income.... Tickets- everything trivial from trespassing, speeding, disturbing the peace, havin a lil grass (possession), in addition to that, $ for state restitution (approx. $300 minimum), a forced behavior re-education at your expense for (name your offense here). Fees for permits to build, fees for non compliance, court ordered fees, imposed non compensated jury duty, property taxes, yearly increasing auto registration, don't forget the companies in bed with your local gov't like towing companies willing to tow your vehicle 24/7 but only releasing it on weekdays 9-5 ("during business hours"); forcing a $90 a day storage fee, ohh, don't forget about the police release form (extra $150) before you think about picking up your car. Did I forget anything?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Let the corrupt politicians do like everyone else .. Go get jobs.. To earn money to pay their banker buddies.. Pay for their illegal / immoral wars.. Pay their mercenaries.. Rather than expect the public to foot the bill for their idiocy..

<<   2  3  4 >>

join