It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why some people want to live in a country but don't want to pay their taxes?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
To run a country is not free, things cost money (even for just printing money). It's like a gigantic hotel and a hospital (since it has social responsibilites), it has facilities, it might be 5 stars, it might 3 stars, and their rates vary, but if you want to stay there, you should pay your taxes.

If you have a problem with the tax rates or their tax structure, you have every right to complain, but you still have to fulfill your obligation as a citizen, otherwise you're just a freeloader.

I think people have issues with paying taxes because we pay more then we should. consider pork spending earmark spending, loaning money to other countries to bail their banks out and we the common citizen have to pay all those other taxes,and we dont get them back why?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

Please show me the law were I have to pay fedeal income tax on my wage? Take all the time you need! You won't fid it!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

The Poor accept they have to pay Taxes more easily the Rich. What ever amount the rich people pay, they always believe it is still too much.

The real propblem is, Governments never have to earn it or work for it, it's just there.
So much money is wasted on projects that will never see the light of day. Governments often spend billions of bucks on a project believing it to be the right thing to do, and when it's finished it's just seen as over indulgent waste of my money.

Only Little people pay Taxes.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
First off I don't recall being given a choice at birth as to whether I wanted to live in a Country or not.

Maybe you were different though.

By some strange chance the Country that claimed me it's property at birth the corporate business entity doing business as the United States of America is really rich in resources, timber, coal, oil, natural gas, semi-precious stones, bison etc., etc. yet for some strange and I mean really strange reason can't seem to turn a profit or pay for it's own enterprises despite this wealth of valuable commodities.

This seems strange enough, but amazingly they print money, but even after they have distributed it, they ask just about everyone to give some of it back to them even though they printed it and still have the printing press.

They use to have a "Really Above Top Secret" award for the best thread of the month here on ATS, but I want you to know if they ever come up with a "Really Bellow Top Secret" award for the worst thread of the month you have my vote!

After all I can afford to be generous I don't pay taxes!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Actually the government has said if you PROTEST tax rates being too high you're a TERRORIST now. lol

And actually the tax system is a total sham because 100% of your tax money goes to the banksters for the interest on the fraudulent debt they created out of nothing! They did the study during the Reagan years and found that all individual tax money went to the private bankers who own the Federal Reserve slavery system. So wake up, your taxes are going to criminals that are destroying the country. If we got rid of the criminal Federal Reserve by abolishing it and printing our own money and got rid of the fraudulent debt they created, then your taxes could actually go do some good but right now they are all to the Rothshilds and Rockefellers! Spread the word about the Federal Reserve. Get 5-10 new friends on Facebook and post ATS stories. Get 5,000 friends and lets educate all the scams of our new world order government! Release the Tesla free energy!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Without taxes the water would be unfit to drink, we would drive on unmaintained dirt roads, uninspected meat would make us sick, and their would be no www. to voice our complaints about paying taxes. The internet was initially funded by tax dollars for military application and information sharing between universities.

If you don't want to pay taxes, incorporate and write everything off. That's what businesses do. Individuals can do the same thing. I did

edit on 24-12-2010 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

Well lets step back outof the buccholic koolaid haze and see: Would you buy meat that made you sick more than once???? Farmers grow healthy safe meat all the time. Without govt help! How about a water filter . Got one? If tap water was notoriously dangerous do you think a private company might move n to fill the void with clean filtered water service?
Governments role is to protect the people from outside invasion and not much else.
Everything you mentioned could and would be taken care of by free market capitalism.Were it not for govt regulation and monopolies of utilities.
edit on 24-12-2010 by 46ACE because: sloppeee schpellings and schtuff...

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Since I'm native American I think I can argue this one without debate.
You get what I'm saying.
Peace.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Why do some people want to pay for something they don't receive. Paying taxes is like going to a motel that makes you pay breakfast, lunch and dinner. Sure you can opt out of eating it but you still have to pay for it simply because you stayed there. Lets take it a step further, you were born there and have no choice but to stay there and pay for whatever they wish until you somehow manage to get enough money to move away, only the economy is terrible and you can't get a job paying more than minimum wage, but yeah, you totally have the choice to leave if you don't like what your taxes is paying for. NOT! I do pay my taxes by the way but I'd like to have a choice of what my taxes is actually paying for but instead I'm forced to pay for lazy potheads unemployment benefits, yay!

So lets see all the things my taxes shouldn't go to:

Roads, I don't drive, I like walking. Also I don't get my food from grocery stores, just adding that in before someone argues about how roads are needed for the goods I use to get to the store.
Unemployment.
Social security.
welfare.
Foodstamps.
Wic. Honestly, it's not my fault your 14 year old daughter got pregnant and can't afford to pay for her kid. Learn to be a parent and it wouldn't have happened.

Will add more when I think of them.

I'm very happy to have my tax pay for:
College tuition of less fortunate people.
Military. Sorry war haters but our country has enemies and safety is something I'm very happy to pay for. Obviously the military currently is also an enemy because they are the United States military but that's a different topic.
Industry. More jobs = good thing.
Clean water.

Also will add more.

edit on 24-12-2010 by Pobble because: Add stuff

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

Yes, without tyrannical government we would be just monkeys still.

There is an argument for you.

WOW.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike184ever

do you have any idea how much you are taxed just on the goods and services you consume.Think about it, especially since they are imported.So just with this issue there is an import tax,then it snowballs....I have know idea what the state federal and local taxes I pay on gasoline here in Cali. I dont know...I venture to say most Americans dont know either. I venture that, WE, dont have a clue how much of what we pay for things has what amount attached.
How come we dont know and why dont we care, as we hurry hurry hurry to the April 15th deadline....Seriously why should we give all the countries money in forign aid that we the tax payer have to pay, that our government barrows from China to be able to float those checks. Some of those countries we waged war with . Companies like Haliburton get rich, then we pay pay pay to rebuild a nation we destroyed........to me, its just not fair and ballanced...Our taxes are in the same league as Japans property mortgage system Children dont inherit a home they inherit a mortgage ...thats my 2cents worth plus tax equals $29,995.99

You have to read the Grace Commission Report. It states that not one cent of your tax money pays off the national debt, nor for any services, rather they pay only the interest on the debt.

Why should any common human being want to pay taxes, when the wealthiest among us not only pay nothing, but also get corporate tax credits?.

There is a screw loose when our government does little or nothing for the General Welfare.
edit on 24-12-2010 by SkipShipman because: Clarity and Spelling

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

The problem with government, unlike a hotel as your example suggests, is they don't have to be efficient. That said the government has a monopoly and the ability to force you to pay them. You're comparing apples to microchips.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The graduated income tax makes no sense. Basically it says that if you make more, you pay more, why then would anyone want to make more?
If a person makes 100,000$ a year or 10,000$ a year do they use the roads more? I can see a 'head tax' that is a base amount that everyone pays the same, and consumption tax - the way gas tax is supposed to work for roads. Even property tax on the theory we pay for national level protection of our land. But income tax, and death tax are evil.
Someone in this thread mentioned the Tea Party objecting to taxes, lets get this straight they object, like the original Tea Party to taxation without representation ...or do you think those nuts in DC actually are elected by us? Or that they represent us?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I don't mind paying my share of taxes to a certain point. Unfortunately the government keeps growing against the will of the educated public. They continuously spend way more than the tax revenue allows. Then they come after the tax payer for ever more money.

It has been proven that if you tax too much you actually collect less revenue. As far as I'm concerned it's every man for himself at this date until they learn to control the spending.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

You could always buy a houseboat and live on the open seas. I believe that laws don't apply out there.

I see taxes as a way of life but TOO MANY taxes are never a good thing. I think it would be better for people to pay a flat property tax only when they first buy land/property. They should not have to pay property taxes every single year.

We must also remember the concept of tax shelters and how some rich people, even if they've benefited from Bush's tax cuts, continue to squirrel away money instead of paying their fair share.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Yes I don;t have a problem paying taxes to fund things and programs and what not,but my problem is when these programs become ineffective and don;t preform effeciently.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

You need to read the constitution. It doesn't give authority to print money to private institutions, only the government. That's why the Federal Reserve has got to go! A bunch of damn thieves if there ever was one. And the Council on Foreign Relations needs to be shut down along with the Fed.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Your assumption of the responsibility of the citizenry is predicated upon an assumed consent and enfranchisement. What happens if your country has been overrun and overthrown by some external power? Should we start paying taxes of citizens of the Ivory Coast, despite that we live in the Alps?

Simply by performing some "service" (ie- printing money) and issuing a "bill" to someone else does not indeed make a country, nor does it demand responsibility.

Should I create a hobby submarine with my son, and send to you a bill for 1/100th of the cost, and fingering another 99 persons to be responsible for the cost of the hobby submarine?

If you're going to go and assert such a strange stance, may I suggest you first consider how those who have actually read the Declaration of Independence / US Constitution may respond to this assertive tyranny. Just because of some bill for services, that need not require me and my family to be subject to armed brigands plundering from our dinner table, so another row of telephone poles can be added to a desolate development in Las Vegas.

Sheesh...

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

Hey no one's talking to you, troll. Go away, I see you in every thread poo pooing on important topics. If it wasn't for conspiracy theorists (our founding fathers) there wouldn't be a free country for pathetic traitors like you to accept a salary for derailing threads even though it's clear to see our government and American way of life has clearly been usurped. Go wash off that silly makeup, better yet keep it on, it hides your ugliness.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
reply to post by AnotherYOU

What a jerk. Without tax you'd be collecting water from a ditch, living with candles and riding a horse on dirk tracks. Actually you'd be in Africa somewhere. Those poor in Sudan don't pay taxes, I suggest you live there.

What a poor excuse for a citizen of any country you are. Pathetic to the extreme. Mind you to pay taxes you have to earn. Do you earn anything?

I love people who think like this. Do you really imagine the Government created these things for your convenience as a service to you.

The infrastructure is built for the sake of expanding markets, making profit and control, to get goods to market, and to be able to move about the raw materials and other materials to do business for corporate entities.

How many Rockefellers do you think mined coal themselves and how many Cargnegies to you think smelted steel by themselves.

Yes they had to feed you too, which they made money off of, yes they had to get water to you too, which they made money off of, yes to work you when the sun is not out they needed to give you lights, yes when they worked you so much you couldn't hunt or grow crops because they were stacking you to the sky to run their factories, they worked out ways to get food to you and made money off of you.

They even made universities to teach some of you to be managers and make them even more money.

Not only would they have paid for all these things out of their own pocket, the truth is they did pay for them out of their own pocket with loans using you as collatoral to pay them back and to offset the cost of all these enterprises by levying a portion of your wages to defray the expense of the human labor needed to do all these things.

Want to know where most of your taxes go, to paying the interest on the stocks and bonds these corporate forerunners took out centuries ago to provide all the things they needed to develop a nations resources and get them to market.

Rather than let that debt of dividends impact their bottom line often to the same investors they have you offset it by taxing your labor.

Don't believe me, go to any State Registars office where they have every document on file from day one, and start with document one and keep reading.

If you really think you are paying for taxes for something the actual government is doing for you, you really are failing to grasp something, the government is a middle man that collects payments for the principles that really financed, built and own these things.

It's all in black and white for anyone who wants to learn.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join