It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

oozyism's guide to constructive discussion

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Good thread, and I would also include List of logical fallacies in there.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

I don't have a problem with ignorant people, after all, they are ignorant! Antagonizing? Please...go read him a bedtime story will you?

Ah the insults!. You have just shown you are about as civilised as the Iranian Gov't you defend!. You know what I'm saying be-headings & all! You make me laugh! lol! You still want to play?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

I'm not defending any government, but great job on doing the exact same thing as you accuse others of! And you wonder why you perceive my comments as insults. Or you wonder why you perceive Ooz as posting propaganda(really laughable).

Besides,it's okay you don't understand. A wise man once told me that you can pray to God for wisdom any time and he will grant it.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

The cooler heads always prevail. Just give these blowhards enough time to corner themselves and they will. Just as Slayer in the other thread and this one, just as phatpackage, dudebehindthemask, thecinic etc. etc.

I'd agree that ATS seems to have an issue with certain ignorant posters, paid-for-posters, a lot of in-fighting(due to ignorance again). Maybe ignoring them would be the best option but they make threads filled with logical fallacies, placing blame, assuming blogposters only post facts, etc...it's difficult. Ah well, I don't mind them posting that kind of stuff as the cooler heads always prevail. Besides, it only takes a single post to touch their nerves right at the base.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Ooz, you're the biggest troll on this website, it's amazing.

The only reason you made this thread was to get even more cheap shots in spreading your anti-west rhetoric.

Your trolling is so blatant its almost entertaining.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Or you wonder why you perceive Ooz as posting propaganda(really laughable)

I dare you ask that question to ALL ATS members?. it is propaganda to the extreme.Just like you! Claiming fake gods for wisdom! lol to you! What next?

Al he spews out is propaganda - read the original post. How many anti US statements are there I dare you to count them! At least I am commenting on the original post!
edit on 20-12-2010 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   

I dare you ask that question to ALL ATS members?. it is propaganda to the extreme.Just like you! Claiming fake gods for wisdom! lol to you! What next?

So is it fair of me to say that everything you post is anti-Afghan propaganda? Anti-Ooz propaganda? Because you're expressing your view on something that I happen to disagree with? You can read into evidence that is supported with an open mind instead of claiming this and that is propaganda. Just as we do with the non-stop bashing of Muslims, Iranians, etc. etc.

Besides that, fake gods? My, my...I just told you what I'd been told because you obviously lack said wisdom. If anything you're ridiculing yourself at this point.

Al he spews out is propaganda - read the original post. How many anti US statements are there I dare you to count them!

Those were made to draw you out, how many times do I need to repeat this? You need to READ THE OP instead of posting like a headless chicken for crying out loud.

Besides, Slayer, who you defend posted obvious propaganda about the Iranian youth in another thread and when he was outed for posting blog posts as evidence, he didn't reply anymore. As you can see, he makes petty excuses in this thread concerning the ''information'' in the other thread.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

You need to READ THE OP instead of posting like a headless chicken for crying out loud.

Oh ma you really need educational help! The OP is where I saw the Anti American propaganda! think about it! I ahve read it. You obviously have not lol lol lol .

Besides, Slayer, who you defend posted obvious propaganda about the Iranian youth in another thread and when he was outed for posting blog posts as evidence, he didn't reply anymore. As you can see, he makes petty excuses in this thread concerning the ''information'' in the other thread.

Regardless of what is in the other thread do not bring it up here. Stick to something here!

Besides that, fake gods? My, my...I just told you what I'd been told because you obviously lack said wisdom. If anything you're ridiculing yourself at this point.

My m,y Yes Fake gods but that is enough I have made my point. Nothing looks as stupid as mainstream religion. Good try but massive fail. lol at you!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I think the best possible outcome for this thread is that it forces oozy to practice what he's preaching in it.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

My m,y Yes Fake gods but that is enough I have made my point. Nothing looks as stupid as mainstream religion. Good try but massive fail. lol at you!

I agree. So how stupid does it make you look when someone recommends you to pray for wisdom because obviously there is no other way to attain it than praying for it in your case? Then for you to assume I'm religious and for you to assume you made a point...it's just ridiculous.

Seeing as you have the maturity of a 2 year old when discussing things(hope I don't insult any 2 year olds out there) I am done discussing ANYTHING with you ever. Until you wise up. Enjoy your ignorance, I hear ignorant people say its bliss!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Wow, automatically jumping to a racist attack? Not cool bro. Not cool at all.
edit on 20-12-2010 by boomadatigger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

So you have something against perceived Anti-US propaganda, yet its ok for you to spout Anti-Religion propaganda? Isn't that a bit contradictory?
edit on 20-12-2010 by boomadatigger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by boomadatigger

How is that racist?

OOZI claims to be an Afghan now living in New Zealand.
Thanks God I know a few Kiwis and they are a lot clearer thinking.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

It's akin to telling black people to go back to Africa or telling Mexicans to go back to Mexico. It's racism.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by boomadatigger

You can't expect this Slayer person to know what he is talking about. He has demonstrated it on more than one occasion. Ignoring him seems to be the best solution.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I almost fell out of my chair laughing when I read this title, the OP doesn't help it any either.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

A lot of things come to mind reading this .. um .. 'advice' .. from oozyism on how to post ...
- Oozyism, Take your own damn advice.
- Oozyism, Pot calling the kettle black.
- Oozyism, Physician heal thyself first.
- Oozyism, take the log out of your own eye first before you attempt the speck in someone elses.
- Oozyism, Stop throwing stones when you live in a glass house
- Oozyism, the blind leading the blind.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

A constructive deconstruction of
oozyisms guide to constructive discussion

Introduction

A huge number of new members have joined ATS, I think it is important to set up a guide to constructive discussion.

Which the following will be an example of how NOT to do it.

Many threads have been trolled, spammed and completely diverted and have become useless considering objectivity.

To change that, I have created this thread to discuss how we can improve our discussion, to help us end threads with conclusions rather than uncertainty.

I, OOZISM should know. I have mastered the trolling and random spamming of said threads. The following will be an example of how I've carried out these activities from my immense personal experiences.

Point number1 (what is your point)

First you have to understand fully what your point is.

For example, "America is bad".

Now here is an example of my main undying obsession America.
I cannot go a day without drooling over thoughts of sugar plums dancing in my head. Err, um, I mean ways in which to slam the US whether it is needed or not.

Point number2 (prove your point)

What do you have to support your point?

What evidence do you have which helped you come to this conclusion?

For example "America is bad because it invaded Iraq for no legitimate reasons (false reasons), and risked millions of lives in the process".

Here is a prime example of my trolling within my own thread and how I veil [badly] my own personal agenda.

Point number3 (how to counter constructively)

How can you counter the above assertion constructively?

To help you differentiate between constructive and nonconstructive counter,

I will lay the un-constructive counter first.

An Example of un-constructive counter would be:
("Iraq was bad before US invaded and occupied it". ---->Choosing this one
"You are a terrorist sympathizer for making such points"
"You are anti-American and anti-Western not to mention anti-Semite"
"You are an idiot")

Why is the above nonconstructive counter? Because it takes the focus away from the original point, hence," US is bad".

Noticed how I sidestepped the most obvious answer [ # 4] and instead chose another? I went with the most popular answer. I'll also ignore the fact the US has drastically reduced it's troop levels in Iraq and that most of the conflict has been sectarian in nature for the past several years.

Pointing out that Saddam was worse, is not constructive.

Here I avoid the real hard facts and just simply proceed with my own perceptions. If I acknowledge it then my house of cards would come crumbling down around my ankles so we simply wont discuss it.

An example of a constructive counter would be to ask certain questions regarding the OP:
"Does US invading Iraq for illegitimate reasons, make US bad?"
"Is US defined by just one small portion of history"?
"Is US defined by just one action?"
"How can US be bad if it is also good?"

You are trying to counter his point, not his evidence which backs his point.

Here I'll just repeat my tactics: You are trying to counter his point, not his evidence which backs his point. because addressing real evidence is not conducive to my trolling technique. Instead I'll rely on voodoo internet pop culture innuendo.

-If the evidence is clearly false, then it is understandable to concentrate on the evidence rather than the point.
-If the evidence is uncertain, tell him how the evidence is uncertain, and leave it at that, or ask him for other evidence which backs his point.
-If the evidence is true, concentrate on the point, rather than the evidence.

Here is my classic reaction in a nut shell. If the Evidence is true. Avoid it. By all means derail the thread as best as possible. Never admit that you have made a Gravely horrendous blunder.

Normally I'll try the following. I'll add "ZZZZZZZZZZ

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
reply to post by oozyism

The cooler heads always prevail. Just give these blowhards enough time to corner themselves and they will. Just as Slayer in the other thread and this one, just as phatpackage, dudebehindthemask, thecinic etc. etc.

I'd agree that ATS seems to have an issue with certain ignorant posters, paid-for-posters, a lot of in-fighting(due to ignorance again). Maybe ignoring them would be the best option but they make threads filled with logical fallacies, placing blame, assuming blogposters only post facts, etc...it's difficult. Ah well, I don't mind them posting that kind of stuff as the cooler heads always prevail. Besides, it only takes a single post to touch their nerves right at the base.

Your going to add me to your rant and call me a blowhard when i'm not even in this?

Now you have brought me into something where I would not of been..

Your providing your evidence with nothing more then an assumption about me in this thread....

It seems you now are baiting me back to this conversation for reasons you don't understand.....

I understand you are stating four different posters in one stance...

That does not qualify me as one of your said *blowhards*...

If you would like to ignore me you can, I don't give a bullocks....

If you want to ignore me, then keep my name out of your mouth.....

You got a gripe with me send me a U2U, i'll give you something to talk about.....
edit on 20-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join